Novelis Employee Reviews

Shred Area Leader (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
Pros: work schedule gives you plenty off days
Cons: hot inside plant
It is a good company that will reward their employees for certain things.Its a hot job but rewarding if you do the job correctly
Like working there/but feel they take advantage of their Extended Contractors
Shipping Technician (Current Employee), Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: I really like the work
Cons: Really long hours/no management support
Long hours rotating shift. Mandatory overtime required. Management putdowns. I really like working there but I won't stay there for 9.25/hr when regular employees make double that or more. Totally not worth it. Too bad. You have to have the right last name or be associated with someone with the right last name. That just isn't right.
Good
Operator (Current Employee), Oswego, NYApril 18, 2015
Pros: Pay, Available overtime
Cons: Long hours, Shift work
Overall, I would give this company a good rating. A lot of disorganization, but it is coming together slowly. Two year probation period, but a significant raise once you reach two years. Insurance has a high deductible.
Hands down - the best company I have worked for.
Human Resources (Current Employee), Oswego, NYMarch 17, 2015
Pros: The people and the atmosphere - it can't be explained - you need to experiance it.
Cons: Its a LARGE plant and easy to get turned around until you figure out the layout.
It is very obvious that they people who have posted negatively are ex-employees, who more than likely were termed out. Novelis has very, very low turnover; as it is a wonderful place to work and people know that. This is a job where people come and stay until retirement. They are very big on safety and put the safety of their employees above all else. The pay for operators is decent to start out (in comparison to surrounding companies they excel) however there are yearly guaranteed raises and the company is happy to pay for their employees for the continued knowledge and education. This company is what you make of it. There is a lot of room for advancement and growth within the organization and most importantly - stable employment. For higher ‘professional and educational ‘ positions – the pay is wonderful. You would be hard pressed to find a better company if you are a quality candidate. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the company as a whole – but I can say the hands down best thing about Novelis is the people. It is an atmosphere that you will not find elsewhere. People are happy, moral is good. That’s hard to find these days. You would be lucky to land yourself a position at Novelis Oswego.
Racisim has consumed that plant!
Department Operator (Former Employee), Greensboror Georgia 30642February 27, 2015
Pros: the highest paying job in the county. close to the eating locations.
Cons: short breaks, racisim and horrible managers!
Novelis was once a great place to work. Employees enjoyed coming to work for 12 hours. With the changing of managers and HR personell the plant went straight down the drain! You have managers that are allowed to talk to employees any type of way. Not to mention the HR/Upper Managers just HORRIBLE!
horrible people horrible management horrible hours good pay
Furnace operator (Former Employee), Oswego, NYFebruary 19, 2015
I would not work here again. Safety was a major issue. they would change their "safety absolutes" to work in their advantage.
Solid Company and Work Environment with Growing Equipment Issues
Automation Technologist (Current Employee), Fairmont, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: close to home, well paying, job within my field of study, fantastic health care benefits
Cons: obsolete equipment, no plans for future progression, reoccurring reliability issues, no overtime
Day At Work: Work with the equipment and crews, perform root cause analysis on reliability issues, and try to electrically improve/maintain the plant rolling mills

What You Learned: This was my first job in this field/profession when I graduated from college. I've learned a lot about PLCs, control systems, troubleshooting, process data acquisition software, aluminum alloys, rolling mills, AC/DC motor drives, and more

Management: Solid

Your Co-Workers: My co-workers have been my mentors.

Hardest Part of The Job: Antiquated equipment/equipment approaching obsolescence with little to no spare parts available. No major upgrade plans. On call 24/7

The Best Part of The Job: Working to improve the equipment and see the crews' appreciation
Dangerous work environment, but its a great experience
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee), Oswego, NYDecember 16, 2014
Pros: great pay, great people
Cons: dangerous
I have learned many different tools and trades in the few months I was there. Great place to work,just keep your head on a swivel when navigating within the plant. I enjoyed learning how machines worked and not just how to fix them,and everyday was different. Some tasks were the same, but everyday you learned something new. Novelis is still expanding with a new contract with Ford. Was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend the job.
Micro Managed
Electrician (Former Employee), Fairmont WVOctober 26, 2014
Cons: everything
Was let go for absolutely no reason, nor will they give me one. They withhold union dues although your not actually a union member until 90 days then let you go on your 85th day. Forced into working overtime, no matter what you have going on in your personal life, overall a spineless company to be associated with.. Evidently they do not like people that work hard and show up on time everyday and knowledgeable people that actually do want to work AND WORK SAFELY. This is a prime example of working in some third world sweat shop..
This place shouldn't be in business
office (Former Employee), fairmontOctober 20, 2014
I can't complain about the floor staff they are great to work with. When someone is down and out they have no personal skills (management). Good luck whoever gets the job you need it. Especially when you know six jobs.
Productive and structured workplace
Logistics Consultant (Current Employee), Oswego, NYOctober 15, 2014
Pros: nice desk, newer computers
Cons: contractors are not treated the same as full-time employees
Novelis is a wonderful place to work. My typical day is very productive. I work hard and am constantly learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Management is great! Co-workers are very helpful and trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is trying to knowing when to stop working. I get so wrapped up in what I am doing and trying to meet deadlines, that I forget to pay attention to the time. I definitely keep busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pie we eat every once in a while. Everyone loves pie!
Senior Oracle Consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
• Involved in System migration from oracle forms and reports 6i to 10g and also oracle DB migration from oracle 8i to 10g
• Develop Technical Design Document for conversion project.
• Co-ordination with onsite team and mentoring offshore team.
• Involved in entire conversion process right from compilation of all the components and bug fix.
• Co-ordination with SQA and business to address issues raised by them during conversion.
• Testing and fixes needed for the integration of ACIS with other systems during conversion process.
• Support, monitoring and bus fixes for the ACIS application after migration to 10g.
• High level and detailed design documents for new modules needed by ACIS.
• Preparation of database design including different database objects like tables, views, indexes, packages, triggers and sequences.
• Develop and Modify ETL PL/SQL code used in data warehousing.
• Performance Tuning of SQL queries.
• Scheduling and monitoring of batch processes on redwood scheduler.
• Used VSS as a Version Control Tool to maintain the source code
Great pay and benefits
Labor (Former Employee), InJuly 3, 2014
Great compensation. Upper management very slow and worried more about cutting costs than the taking care of the people working hard to make the company money.
pay is decent, management is rude and inconsiderate
Finishing Operator (Former Employee), oswego, nyJuly 3, 2014
pay is decent, probationary period is long, not very family oriented, most people are fired before hitting pay rate
Good company but terrible mgrs
Business Analyst (Current Employee), AtlantaJune 17, 2014
Pros: free snacks, free gym
Cons: managers, pay, long work hours, no systems. use spreadsheets to do work
Great company in a great location in the heart of Buckhead.
Going to a transformational change within the automotive industry. The department is a complete train wreck with awful upper management who doesn't respond to emails or support you.
They expect you to do all the work and not back you up when needed. They have a lot of meetings to discuss nothing. Tons of emails go out and mgrs do not respond. Lots of immigrants that are hard to understand. Auto dept there is the worst. Do not accept a position within that dept.

October 26, 2014

Dead on. Will make you work your tail off for nothing- only to redo it all over again. Terrible mgt as well as upper mgt. Constant changes. How they are still in business is baffling.

April 12, 2015

Auto dept still going through heart aches. DO NOT work in that dept. horrible mgt and upper mgt. Will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat and don't care about you at all. Save your sanity!

Great people to work with
Quality Technician (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INJune 11, 2014
Pros: fairly close to home and great work hours
Cons: short term position, no benefits
Love my job and the people but it is a temporary position. I have enjoyed working for this company and would love to remain here but unfortunately the position is being offered to employees who lost their jobs in a recent lay off.
Great organization with strong values on sustainability.
INSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 31, 2014
Great place to work and grow. Focus on environmental responsibilty is truly impressive.
Older Family
Electrical Engineer Intern (Current Employee), Terre Haute, INFebruary 25, 2014
Most of the people that work here are people that have worked here most of their life. They are just starting to get more and more youth for innovation.
Great potential
Business Integration Director (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2014
- Great potential for future growth
- Improving brand image
Regional Reliability Intern
Reliability & Maintainability Intern (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: good structured reliability program
My internship had me working in the Regional Reliability department. There I learned about their reliability practices and how to communicate those throughout the company. I also worked with the plants in the region to develop new reliability practices in the company. The hardest part of the internship was getting all the information I needed from the already very busy plant managers.