Novelis Employee Reviews in United States

Good company but hard working environment
Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
Novelis is a good company with a good growth potential. However, their focus on process excellence is very poor. Therefore, it is very difficult to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of process and procedures
Good To Work
Sr.Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
On my first day it was a very typical day for me. I have decided i may not work for long time. But it was really pleasure working. I have learned how to work with dedication. The management was really extraordinary. The way they manage is really so nice..
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Poor communication throughout the company leads to all the problems
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 23, 2016
I was able to learn a lot about troubleshooting SAP and many little tricks in Excel as my job required however there was just too many communication issues that lead to problems that trickle down to my coworkers and I.

My coworkers where amazing and great people however I cannot overlook the poor communication between the different parts of the company which lead to too many problems.
Flexible Work Environment
Automotive Demand Planning (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
Work environment is very flexible. Daily work environment is relaxed and supportive.

Promising business future, good people work together. Growth opportunity in all areas. Automotive area will be future growth engine in this company.

Cons

Poor management leadership, worst HR system.
Can not retain good employees.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
None known
Enjoyable Workplace
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
The employees are the everyday champions that set Novelis apart. Employee dedication to improvement in the workplace, to creating innovative customer solutions and to contributing valuable time and talents within local communities helps Novelis achieve our vision and bring our values to life.

Through their annual Values in Action employee recognition program, employees are encouraged and celebrate contributions that significantly impact the business, customers and communities.
Solid Company and Work Environment with Growing Equipment Issues
Automation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Day At Work: Work with the equipment and crews, perform root cause analysis on reliability issues, and try to electrically improve/maintain the plant rolling mills

What You Learned: This was my first job in this field/profession when I graduated from college. I've learned a lot about PLCs, control systems, troubleshooting, process data acquisition software, aluminum alloys, rolling mills, AC/DC motor drives, and more

Management: Solid

Your Co-Workers: My co-workers have been my mentors.

Hardest Part of The Job: Antiquated equipment/equipment approaching obsolescence with little to no spare parts available. No major upgrade plans. On call 24/7

The Best Part of The Job: Working to improve the equipment and see the crews' appreciation
Pros
close to home, well paying, job within my field of study, fantastic health care benefits
Cons
obsolete equipment, no plans for future progression, reoccurring reliability issues, no overtime
Good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 18, 2015
Overall, I would give this company a good rating. A lot of disorganization, but it is coming together slowly. Two year probation period, but a significant raise once you reach two years. Insurance has a high deductible.
Pros
Pay, Available overtime
Cons
Long hours, Shift work
Limited growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Company has a weak strategy and competitive position, which makes it hard to offer growth options. Most mid-level managers and directors have to stay in their roles for 5 years or more.
Great place to work, but heavy work load
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 12, 2016
The employees are great, the management is demanding but fair. 50 hrs a week at the minimum, if you work less most people frown upon it. Technicians were great with the engineers, no one knows the floor better than they do.
Senior Oracle Consultant
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2014
• Involved in System migration from oracle forms and reports 6i to 10g and also oracle DB migration from oracle 8i to 10g
• Develop Technical Design Document for conversion project.
• Co-ordination with onsite team and mentoring offshore team.
• Involved in entire conversion process right from compilation of all the components and bug fix.
• Co-ordination with SQA and business to address issues raised by them during conversion.
• Testing and fixes needed for the integration of ACIS with other systems during conversion process.
• Support, monitoring and bus fixes for the ACIS application after migration to 10g.
• High level and detailed design documents for new modules needed by ACIS.
• Preparation of database design including different database objects like tables, views, indexes, packages, triggers and sequences.
• Develop and Modify ETL PL/SQL code used in data warehousing.
• Performance Tuning of SQL queries.
• Scheduling and monitoring of batch processes on redwood scheduler.
• Used VSS as a Version Control Tool to maintain the source code
Like working there/but feel they take advantage of their Extended Contractors
Shipping Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2015
Long hours rotating shift. Mandatory overtime required. Management putdowns. I really like working there but I won't stay there for 9.25/hr when regular employees make double that or more. Totally not worth it. Too bad. You have to have the right last name or be associated with someone with the right last name. That just isn't right.
Pros
I really like the work
Cons
Really long hours/no management support
Hands down - the best company I have worked for.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 17, 2015
It is very obvious that they people who have posted negatively are ex-employees, who more than likely were termed out. Novelis has very, very low turnover; as it is a wonderful place to work and people know that. This is a job where people come and stay until retirement. They are very big on safety and put the safety of their employees above all else. The pay for operators is decent to start out (in comparison to surrounding companies they excel) however there are yearly guaranteed raises and the company is happy to pay for their employees for the continued knowledge and education. This company is what you make of it. There is a lot of room for advancement and growth within the organization and most importantly - stable employment. For higher ‘professional and educational ‘ positions – the pay is wonderful. You would be hard pressed to find a better company if you are a quality candidate. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the company as a whole – but I can say the hands down best thing about Novelis is the people. It is an atmosphere that you will not find elsewhere. People are happy, moral is good. That’s hard to find these days. You would be lucky to land yourself a position at Novelis Oswego.
Pros
The people and the atmosphere - it can't be explained - you need to experiance it.
Cons
Its a LARGE plant and easy to get turned around until you figure out the layout.
Novelis - great and involved sponsor for student project
Student Materials Science Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 22, 2015
I worked with Novelis through the multi-disciplinary design projects at UM. I found them to be very forthright and highly engaged in working with us.
Great employer
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for potential to move up. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job with possibility for advancement.
Great people to work with
Quality Technician (Current Employee) –  Terre Haute, INJune 11, 2014
Love my job and the people but it is a temporary position. I have enjoyed working for this company and would love to remain here but unfortunately the position is being offered to employees who lost their jobs in a recent lay off.
Pros
fairly close to home and great work hours
Cons
short term position, no benefits
Great pay and benefits
Labor (Former Employee) –  InJuly 3, 2014
Great compensation. Upper management very slow and worried more about cutting costs than the taking care of the people working hard to make the company money.
Productive and structured workplace
Logistics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 15, 2014
Novelis is a wonderful place to work. My typical day is very productive. I work hard and am constantly learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Management is great! Co-workers are very helpful and trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is trying to knowing when to stop working. I get so wrapped up in what I am doing and trying to meet deadlines, that I forget to pay attention to the time. I definitely keep busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pie we eat every once in a while. Everyone loves pie!
Pros
nice desk, newer computers
Cons
contractors are not treated the same as full-time employees
Caring people and fantastic benefits and opportunities
Administrative Assistant - EHS (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 13, 2012
The people at Novelis are very carig and the benefits are fantastic!
Pros
cafeterias on site; safety utmost importance at all times in all jobs
Cons
i am temp employee hoping to get hired!
good people
Machine / Mill Operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2012
best co workers I ever had.. I loved it there, lots of overtime, good schedule,
Pros
good pay, great benefits
Cons
plant closed
Micro Managed
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont WVOctober 26, 2014
Was let go for absolutely no reason, nor will they give me one. They withhold union dues although your not actually a union member until 90 days then let you go on your 85th day. Forced into working overtime, no matter what you have going on in your personal life, overall a spineless company to be associated with.. Evidently they do not like people that work hard and show up on time everyday and knowledgeable people that actually do want to work AND WORK SAFELY. This is a prime example of working in some third world sweat shop..
Cons
everything