Novelis Employee Reviews

Great place to work, fast paced very structured extremely SAFE
Associate Operations Leader - Hot Mill (Current Employee) –  New your, OswegoSeptember 15, 2017
Very SAFETY oriented, continuously training/learning new processes. Great place to work, leadership from bottom up. The company values the employees input.
Pros
Constantly learning.
Cons
can be tough to find a balance at times.
Overworked
Customer Fulfillment Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 16, 2017
No work life balance. Working 12-14 hour days. The positions are very lean and if you don't work the hours you won't be successful in your position. Several people are overworked, stressed and exhausted.
Pros
Good Pay and Benefits
Cons
Overworked, No Work Life Balance
Productive and challenging work place
CI Intern (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 4, 2017
Working at Novelis was challenging and allowed me to learn so many new skills. The management team was extremely helpful and the culture here was definitely well practiced. I would recommend this company.
Politics
Roll Grinder (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMay 28, 2017
this company is all about politic and suckboys. if you are not one of the puppets and speak the truth when asked then you are doomed to be a lackey forever.
Long hours, little time with family.
Operator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 21, 2017
You wake up at 4 in the morning so you can be to work at 5, work 12 hours, be exhausted, and do it over again. Great people to work for, you just get scheduled so much overtime you do not have any time with your family.
Pros
1 week off a month
Cons
No family time, overtime, cannot plan for future.
Novelis
Financial/Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 13, 2017
While I love the people I work with, job advancement is not ideal in administrative/supporting departments. Growth opportunities do not come often. Management is highly focused on the hourly work force needs and not salary needs. Management also doesn't do what it takes to retain our talent.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Cons
Retention, Job Growth/Advancement
Don't Work Here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 28, 2016
If you want to be overworked and have no life, then work here. For a manufacturer you only get 8 holidays off, which isn't even competitive. For Central NY there are better manufacturers in the area
Pros
Cons
Only 8 Holidays, most manufacturers give 12 at least
Poor work environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego County, NYSeptember 23, 2016
management is too inexperienced and if your relative works there for years you automatically become at crew leader with nothing but a GED even over bachelor management degree holders.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
work environment is for men only
Bad Management
Associate Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 7, 2016
Terrible place to work, people are numbers not family. There is a reason the workers are trying to form a union. They play a great game of smoke and mirrors to the public while secretly trying to find ways to cut manpower and third party vendors/suppliers from the CNY area.
Great place to work.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego NYJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work. Everybody is helpful and nice. Long hours and challenging environment. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
If you are willing to learn the opportunities are abundant.
Cons
Long hours/ swing shift.
Poor communication throughout the company leads to all the problems
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 23, 2016
I was able to learn a lot about troubleshooting SAP and many little tricks in Excel as my job required however there was just too many communication issues that lead to problems that trickle down to my coworkers and I.

My coworkers where amazing and great people however I cannot overlook the poor communication between the different parts of the company which lead to too many problems.
Flexible Work Environment
Automotive Demand Planning (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
Work environment is very flexible. Daily work environment is relaxed and supportive.

Promising business future, good people work together. Growth opportunity in all areas. Automotive area will be future growth engine in this company.

Cons

Poor management leadership, worst HR system.
Can not retain good employees.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
None known
Good To Work
Sr.Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
On my first day it was a very typical day for me. I have decided i may not work for long time. But it was really pleasure working. I have learned how to work with dedication. The management was really extraordinary. The way they manage is really so nice..
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company but hard working environment
Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
Novelis is a good company with a good growth potential. However, their focus on process excellence is very poor. Therefore, it is very difficult to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of process and procedures
Enjoyable Workplace
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
The employees are the everyday champions that set Novelis apart. Employee dedication to improvement in the workplace, to creating innovative customer solutions and to contributing valuable time and talents within local communities helps Novelis achieve our vision and bring our values to life.

Through their annual Values in Action employee recognition program, employees are encouraged and celebrate contributions that significantly impact the business, customers and communities.
Limited growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Company has a weak strategy and competitive position, which makes it hard to offer growth options. Most mid-level managers and directors have to stay in their roles for 5 years or more.
Great place to work, but heavy work load
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 12, 2016
The employees are great, the management is demanding but fair. 50 hrs a week at the minimum, if you work less most people frown upon it. Technicians were great with the engineers, no one knows the floor better than they do.
Novelis - great and involved sponsor for student project
Student Materials Science Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 22, 2015
I worked with Novelis through the multi-disciplinary design projects at UM. I found them to be very forthright and highly engaged in working with us.
Great employer
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for potential to move up. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job with possibility for advancement.
Shred Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
It is a good company that will reward their employees for certain things.Its a hot job but rewarding if you do the job correctly
Pros
work schedule gives you plenty off days
Cons
hot inside plant

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.