Novelis Employee Reviews in United States

Poor communication throughout the company leads to all the problems
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 23, 2016
I was able to learn a lot about troubleshooting SAP and many little tricks in Excel as my job required however there was just too many communication issues that lead to problems that trickle down to my coworkers and I.

My coworkers where amazing and great people however I cannot overlook the poor communication between the different parts of the company which lead to too many problems.
Flexible Work Environment
Automotive Demand Planning (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
Work environment is very flexible. Daily work environment is relaxed and supportive.

Promising business future, good people work together. Growth opportunity in all areas. Automotive area will be future growth engine in this company.

Cons

Poor management leadership, worst HR system.
Can not retain good employees.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
None known
Enjoyable Workplace
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
The employees are the everyday champions that set Novelis apart. Employee dedication to improvement in the workplace, to creating innovative customer solutions and to contributing valuable time and talents within local communities helps Novelis achieve our vision and bring our values to life.

Through their annual Values in Action employee recognition program, employees are encouraged and celebrate contributions that significantly impact the business, customers and communities.
Good To Work
Sr.Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
On my first day it was a very typical day for me. I have decided i may not work for long time. But it was really pleasure working. I have learned how to work with dedication. The management was really extraordinary. The way they manage is really so nice..
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company but hard working environment
Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
Novelis is a good company with a good growth potential. However, their focus on process excellence is very poor. Therefore, it is very difficult to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of process and procedures
Great place to work, but heavy work load
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 12, 2016
The employees are great, the management is demanding but fair. 50 hrs a week at the minimum, if you work less most people frown upon it. Technicians were great with the engineers, no one knows the floor better than they do.
Limited growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Company has a weak strategy and competitive position, which makes it hard to offer growth options. Most mid-level managers and directors have to stay in their roles for 5 years or more.
Novelis - great and involved sponsor for student project
Student Materials Science Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 22, 2015
I worked with Novelis through the multi-disciplinary design projects at UM. I found them to be very forthright and highly engaged in working with us.
Like working there/but feel they take advantage of their Extended Contractors
Shipping Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2015
Long hours rotating shift. Mandatory overtime required. Management putdowns. I really like working there but I won't stay there for 9.25/hr when regular employees make double that or more. Totally not worth it. Too bad. You have to have the right last name or be associated with someone with the right last name. That just isn't right.
Pros
I really like the work
Cons
Really long hours/no management support
Great employer
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for potential to move up. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job with possibility for advancement.
Racisim has consumed that plant!
Department Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboror Georgia 30642February 27, 2015
Novelis was once a great place to work. Employees enjoyed coming to work for 12 hours. With the changing of managers and HR personell the plant went straight down the drain! You have managers that are allowed to talk to employees any type of way. Not to mention the HR/Upper Managers just HORRIBLE!
Pros
the highest paying job in the county. close to the eating locations.
Cons
short breaks, racisim and horrible managers!
Shred Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
It is a good company that will reward their employees for certain things.Its a hot job but rewarding if you do the job correctly
Pros
work schedule gives you plenty off days
Cons
hot inside plant
Dangerous work environment, but its a great experience
Mechanical Technician (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYDecember 16, 2014
I have learned many different tools and trades in the few months I was there. Great place to work,just keep your head on a swivel when navigating within the plant. I enjoyed learning how machines worked and not just how to fix them,and everyday was different. Some tasks were the same, but everyday you learned something new. Novelis is still expanding with a new contract with Ford. Was a great experience, and I would definitely recommend the job.
Pros
great pay, great people
Cons
dangerous
Good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 18, 2015
Overall, I would give this company a good rating. A lot of disorganization, but it is coming together slowly. Two year probation period, but a significant raise once you reach two years. Insurance has a high deductible.
Pros
Pay, Available overtime
Cons
Long hours, Shift work
Micro Managed
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Fairmont WVOctober 26, 2014
Was let go for absolutely no reason, nor will they give me one. They withhold union dues although your not actually a union member until 90 days then let you go on your 85th day. Forced into working overtime, no matter what you have going on in your personal life, overall a spineless company to be associated with.. Evidently they do not like people that work hard and show up on time everyday and knowledgeable people that actually do want to work AND WORK SAFELY. This is a prime example of working in some third world sweat shop..
Cons
everything
Productive and structured workplace
Logistics Consultant (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 15, 2014
Novelis is a wonderful place to work. My typical day is very productive. I work hard and am constantly learning how to do my job better and more efficiently. Management is great! Co-workers are very helpful and trustworthy. The hardest part of my job is trying to knowing when to stop working. I get so wrapped up in what I am doing and trying to meet deadlines, that I forget to pay attention to the time. I definitely keep busy. The most enjoyable part of my job is the pie we eat every once in a while. Everyone loves pie!
Pros
nice desk, newer computers
Cons
contractors are not treated the same as full-time employees
Good company but terrible mgrs
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  AtlantaJune 17, 2014
Great company in a great location in the heart of Buckhead.
Going to a transformational change within the automotive industry. The department is a complete train wreck with awful upper management who doesn't respond to emails or support you.
They expect you to do all the work and not back you up when needed. They have a lot of meetings to discuss nothing. Tons of emails go out and mgrs do not respond. Lots of immigrants that are hard to understand. Auto dept there is the worst. Do not accept a position within that dept.
Pros
Free snacks, free gym
Cons
Managers, pay, long work hours, no systems. Use spreadsheets to do work

Comment – December 31, 1969

Dead on. Will make you work your tail off for nothing- only to redo it all over again. Terrible mgt as well as upper mgt. Constant changes. How they are still in business is baffling.

Comment – December 31, 1969

Auto dept still going through heart aches. DO NOT work in that dept. horrible mgt and upper mgt. Will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat and don't care about you at all. Save your sanity!

Regional Reliability Intern
Reliability & Maintainability Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 13, 2014
My internship had me working in the Regional Reliability department. There I learned about their reliability practices and how to communicate those throughout the company. I also worked with the plants in the region to develop new reliability practices in the company. The hardest part of the internship was getting all the information I needed from the already very busy plant managers.
Pros
good structured reliability program
Solid Company and Work Environment with Growing Equipment Issues
Automation Technologist (Current Employee) –  Fairmont, WVJanuary 24, 2015
Day At Work: Work with the equipment and crews, perform root cause analysis on reliability issues, and try to electrically improve/maintain the plant rolling mills

What You Learned: This was my first job in this field/profession when I graduated from college. I've learned a lot about PLCs, control systems, troubleshooting, process data acquisition software, aluminum alloys, rolling mills, AC/DC motor drives, and more

Management: Solid

Your Co-Workers: My co-workers have been my mentors.

Hardest Part of The Job: Antiquated equipment/equipment approaching obsolescence with little to no spare parts available. No major upgrade plans. On call 24/7

The Best Part of The Job: Working to improve the equipment and see the crews' appreciation
Pros
close to home, well paying, job within my field of study, fantastic health care benefits
Cons
obsolete equipment, no plans for future progression, reoccurring reliability issues, no overtime
productive and fun place to work at.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAMay 31, 2013
unloading trucks at work. learned how to assist with different elements of the job. management was okay.they never involved the workers.co-workers were okay. the hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities.the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use a computer.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks