Novelis Employee Reviews

Novelis
Financial/Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 13, 2017
While I love the people I work with, job advancement is not ideal in administrative/supporting departments. Growth opportunities do not come often. Management is highly focused on the hourly work force needs and not salary needs. Management also doesn't do what it takes to retain our talent.
Pros
Great Benefits, Great People
Cons
Retention, Job Growth/Advancement
Don't Work Here
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYSeptember 28, 2016
If you want to be overworked and have no life, then work here. For a manufacturer you only get 8 holidays off, which isn't even competitive. For Central NY there are better manufacturers in the area
Pros
Cons
Only 8 Holidays, most manufacturers give 12 at least
Poor work environment
Operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego County, NYSeptember 23, 2016
management is too inexperienced and if your relative works there for years you automatically become at crew leader with nothing but a GED even over bachelor management degree holders.
Pros
bonus checks
Cons
work environment is for men only
Bad Management
Associate Operations Leader (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 7, 2016
Terrible place to work, people are numbers not family. There is a reason the workers are trying to form a union. They play a great game of smoke and mirrors to the public while secretly trying to find ways to cut manpower and third party vendors/suppliers from the CNY area.
Great place to work.
Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego NYJuly 29, 2016
Great place to work. Everybody is helpful and nice. Long hours and challenging environment. There are many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
If you are willing to learn the opportunities are abundant.
Cons
Long hours/ swing shift.
Poor communication throughout the company leads to all the problems
Supply Chain Specialist (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJune 23, 2016
I was able to learn a lot about troubleshooting SAP and many little tricks in Excel as my job required however there was just too many communication issues that lead to problems that trickle down to my coworkers and I.

My coworkers where amazing and great people however I cannot overlook the poor communication between the different parts of the company which lead to too many problems.
Flexible Work Environment
Automotive Demand Planning (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 28, 2016
Work environment is very flexible. Daily work environment is relaxed and supportive.

Promising business future, good people work together. Growth opportunity in all areas. Automotive area will be future growth engine in this company.

Cons

Poor management leadership, worst HR system.
Can not retain good employees.
Pros
Free snacks
Cons
None known
Good To Work
Sr.Tibco Developer (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 6, 2016
On my first day it was a very typical day for me. I have decided i may not work for long time. But it was really pleasure working. I have learned how to work with dedication. The management was really extraordinary. The way they manage is really so nice..
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Good company but hard working environment
Professional (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAApril 1, 2016
Novelis is a good company with a good growth potential. However, their focus on process excellence is very poor. Therefore, it is very difficult to work.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of process and procedures
Enjoyable Workplace
Executive Assistant to CEO and President (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 1, 2016
The employees are the everyday champions that set Novelis apart. Employee dedication to improvement in the workplace, to creating innovative customer solutions and to contributing valuable time and talents within local communities helps Novelis achieve our vision and bring our values to life.

Through their annual Values in Action employee recognition program, employees are encouraged and celebrate contributions that significantly impact the business, customers and communities.
Limited growth opportunities
Director (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2016
Company has a weak strategy and competitive position, which makes it hard to offer growth options. Most mid-level managers and directors have to stay in their roles for 5 years or more.
Great place to work, but heavy work load
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJanuary 12, 2016
The employees are great, the management is demanding but fair. 50 hrs a week at the minimum, if you work less most people frown upon it. Technicians were great with the engineers, no one knows the floor better than they do.
Novelis - great and involved sponsor for student project
Student Materials Science Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 22, 2015
I worked with Novelis through the multi-disciplinary design projects at UM. I found them to be very forthright and highly engaged in working with us.
Great employer
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYOctober 13, 2015
Great company to work for potential to move up. I would recommend to anyone looking for a job with possibility for advancement.
Shred Area Leader (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, GAJuly 7, 2015
It is a good company that will reward their employees for certain things.Its a hot job but rewarding if you do the job correctly
Pros
work schedule gives you plenty off days
Cons
hot inside plant
Like working there/but feel they take advantage of their Extended Contractors
Shipping Technician (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYJuly 1, 2015
Long hours rotating shift. Mandatory overtime required. Management putdowns. I really like working there but I won't stay there for 9.25/hr when regular employees make double that or more. Totally not worth it. Too bad. You have to have the right last name or be associated with someone with the right last name. That just isn't right.
Pros
I really like the work
Cons
Really long hours/no management support
Good
Operator (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYApril 18, 2015
Overall, I would give this company a good rating. A lot of disorganization, but it is coming together slowly. Two year probation period, but a significant raise once you reach two years. Insurance has a high deductible.
Pros
Pay, Available overtime
Cons
Long hours, Shift work
Hands down - the best company I have worked for.
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Oswego, NYMarch 17, 2015
It is very obvious that they people who have posted negatively are ex-employees, who more than likely were termed out. Novelis has very, very low turnover; as it is a wonderful place to work and people know that. This is a job where people come and stay until retirement. They are very big on safety and put the safety of their employees above all else. The pay for operators is decent to start out (in comparison to surrounding companies they excel) however there are yearly guaranteed raises and the company is happy to pay for their employees for the continued knowledge and education. This company is what you make of it. There is a lot of room for advancement and growth within the organization and most importantly - stable employment. For higher ‘professional and educational ‘ positions – the pay is wonderful. You would be hard pressed to find a better company if you are a quality candidate. I cannot say enough wonderful things about the company as a whole – but I can say the hands down best thing about Novelis is the people. It is an atmosphere that you will not find elsewhere. People are happy, moral is good. That’s hard to find these days. You would be lucky to land yourself a position at Novelis Oswego.
Pros
The people and the atmosphere - it can't be explained - you need to experiance it.
Cons
Its a LARGE plant and easy to get turned around until you figure out the layout.
Racisim has consumed that plant!
Department Operator (Former Employee) –  Greensboror Georgia 30642February 27, 2015
Novelis was once a great place to work. Employees enjoyed coming to work for 12 hours. With the changing of managers and HR personell the plant went straight down the drain! You have managers that are allowed to talk to employees any type of way. Not to mention the HR/Upper Managers just HORRIBLE!
Pros
The highest paying job in the county. Close to the eating locations.
Cons
Short breaks, Racisim and horrible managers!
horrible people horrible management horrible hours good pay
Furnace operator (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYFebruary 19, 2015
I would not work here again. Safety was a major issue. they would change their "safety absolutes" to work in their advantage.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novelis. Our community is ready to answer.