Novelis Employee Reviews

Decent work environment. Typical political non-sense.
Temp Service - Matrix (Current Employee), Oswego, NYAugust 22, 2013
Hot and dirty. Some co workers are absolutely useless. Management is a joke. Most enjoyable part is leaving at end of shift. Terrible pay.
on nights got to keep all the mills running while boss was home asleep
metal testing lab (Former Employee), Oswego, NYJuly 11, 2013
Pros: got to be our own boss
Cons: heavy lifting 12 hour shifts
Loaded a truck with roll to go to Canada to be chrome plated took apart and assembled roll units as the mills changed units due wear
and tear.used and tools air wrenches and crane to lift heavy parts.
Novelis Cover Letter
Mechanical Engineer (Current Employee), Berea, KYJune 4, 2013
During my first year at Novelis, I started my employment with the goal of obtaining general plant and process knowledge. I was fortunate to partner with experienced plant technicians who provided me with hands-on experience and real world knowledge of the operational process. The knowledge that I gained from working with the technicians was invaluable, and could not be achieved in a classroom setting.

Upon establishing a fundamental understanding of the plant and process, I was provided the opportunity to manage increasingly challenging projects and responsibilities. As the project lead to improve the reliability and safety of the plant’s mobile equipment fleet, I gained continued knowledge in reliability engineering in addition to experience in continuous improvement, procurement, finance, and EHS. I have nearly eliminated the plant downtime associated with mobile equipment by introducing a redundant system and engineering for reliability.

During my second year at Novelis, I am faced with ever increasing opportunities and challenges. Currently, I am the project liaison for three major projects during the scheduled 2013 May Annual Outage. These projects include the implementation of new process equipment and dust collection equipment as well as roof replacement. I have worked closely with procurement and accounting to ensure that the purchase orders are sent and funds are paid on time. Also, I have been working with a team to ensure that nothing has been overlooked on the planning schedule so everything will run smoothly during the outage.
productive and fun place to work at.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAMay 31, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: short breaks
unloading trucks at work. learned how to assist with different elements of the job. management was okay.they never involved the workers.co-workers were okay. the hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities.the most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to use a computer.
I worked there as a temporary employee.
Blender/Crusher Machine Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAMarch 29, 2013
I learne how to operate a bobcat at Novelis. It was a challenging job and given the chance I would like to go back.
BI Director
Business Intelligence Director (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2013
Company has been going thru a major SAP implementation. It is going to be a 4-5 year effort.
Aluminum plant with high temperatures
Casting Operator (Former Employee), Greensboro, GAJanuary 26, 2013
Pros: days off during the week
Cons: short breaks
Hard work and using computer. Shift work 12 1/2 hours five on two off one week. Next week two on five off. Hardest part of the job is dealing with the heat, Some co-workers are good and some are bad.Management does not listen to employee complaints to resolve issues.
Caring people and fantastic benefits and opportunities
Administrative Assistant - EHS (Current Employee), Oswego, NYDecember 13, 2012
Pros: cafeterias on site; safety utmost importance at all times in all jobs
Cons: i am temp employee hoping to get hired!
The people at Novelis are very carig and the benefits are fantastic!
Fun place to work
Helpdesk Support Coordinator 2 (Former Employee), Buckhead, GAOctober 10, 2012
Pros: free food
Cons: heavy traffic area
Good place to work and very good co workers.
Clean work inviroment
good people
Machine / Mill Operator (Former Employee), Louisville, KYJuly 7, 2012
Pros: good pay, great benefits
Cons: plant closed
best co workers I ever had.. I loved it there, lots of overtime, good schedule,