Novella Clinical Employee Reviews

Hard to advance, poorly trained staff
Study Start Up Admin (Temp/Contract) (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 30, 2017
Poorly trained management. The offices space is nice and the employees are too, but management needs a little more help on how to be effective leaders without being micro-managers. They also need to be held accountable for inappropriate behavior.
Pros
Free breakfast mid week
Cons
Micromanaging, poorly trained managers
No one is in charge
Intern (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCOctober 24, 2017
There is no management or process for anything. Most people have no idea what they are supposed to do on a daily basis. People overall are nice, but the company is not very efficiently run.
balanced work atmosphere
Sr. CRA (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 8, 2017
I like working at Novella because it provided me with multiple opportunities but kept my life / work life balanced. Te flexibility regarding allowing the employees to work from home and the interactions between the managers and the CRAs all these factors and many others make Novella my ideal company to work at.
Great people from the top down, but processes are not efficient.
Senior Clinical Site Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 7, 2017
The hardest part of the job was working on issues and documents that needed to land in the hands of too many departments to be reviewed and filed. There was never any way to know if a document was finally accounted for and an action item could be closed.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the study site staff and being their support contact.
Pros
Excellent coworkers in all levels and in all departments. Wonderful group to work with, supportive, friendly, hardworking, great knowledge base to draw and refer to for questions.
Cons
Management was not receptive to suggestions related to processes
Work, Life, Balance
Application Trainer I (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCOctober 5, 2017
Working at Novella is very family oriented. I have been working for the company for over 7 years and they have given me the opportunity to grown not only as an employee but as a person.
Temporary Job
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCSeptember 29, 2017
This was a temporary job but the time that I was there the atmosphere was great. The people that I worked with were very helpful and very friendly. This place really made you feel at home and welcomed. I would work for them again at any time.
Pros
Great people to work with
Fun and great working environment
Clinical Safety Associate (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCSeptember 12, 2017
It is a nice place to work, the company takes care of its employees. Co-workers were very nice and helpful, it was more like a team that worked together to achieve a common goal.
Decent Job But Poor Management
Senior Safety Coordinator (Current Employee) –  RTP, North CarolinaSeptember 9, 2017
A typical work day in my role could be hectic or relaxed. However new management has gone into micromanaging. The new management wants cloned individuals. Management is the worst part of this job. Management wants you to speak from a script. Management makes statements that are suspect and concerning. However being a subordinate, whatever the manager says it's true. The culture comes across as relaxed but they will switch up. The most enjoyable part of this job are some of the individuals.
Pros
Staff members
Cons
Nepotism and uncomfortable working environment
Senior Project Coordinator / ISSC Associate (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 29, 2017
Novella used to be a great company but nowadays you can find an entire family working on the same team. The nepotism displayed at this company was honestly something I never expected or heard of. Brother, sister, aunt and niece all working on the same team made the working environment pretty stressful and tense. Unfortunately, the entire company is employed by countless family members. The amount of work and impossible deadlines didn't make it better. If by chance you get the cardiovascular 3/4 team. RUN!
Pros
Lunch time
Cons
Managers, racism and nepotism
Small Fish being engulfed by Large Shark
Clinical Operations (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 4, 2017
Novella was great place to work until bought by Quintiles. Not a fun atmosphere to work in. Very low paying, no advancement. They just want you to work and work to prove yourself but no payoff.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low Pay
Small CRO wil challenging enviroment
Sr. Clinical Data Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCJune 14, 2017
Novella is challenging. It was very clickish when I was there. I should have done a better job but it feels like management had it in for me. There are a lot of amazing and talented people there.
Pros
Free sodas
Job
Investigator Strategy & Site Coordination (ISSC) (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCMay 8, 2017
Novella was a great place to work, very nice managers. Only issue is pay, your pay was low for the workload there. Overall a great place to work.

Comfortable place to work
Overload employees
Investigator Strategy and Site Coordination Assoc (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCFebruary 27, 2017
Working with this department was a struggle; the management is stuck in their old ways and were not welcoming of new more efficient ideas.
Great group of people
Information Technology Quality Control Analyst (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 7, 2017
Novella Clinical is a great place to work. It is located in Morrisville and real close to the airport and RTP. The employees are great and the Social Committee is awesome.
Ok Place to work for
Clinical Research Associate II (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Very friendly managers but manager and CTMs have no time for you. You are just expected to be start your visits despite training deadlines that they do not allow you to finish. They pay their staff generously.
Very flexible work environment
Billing and Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 19, 2016
The work days can be quite busy and also challenging, considering the information system used. However, I have learned a lot more about the system. The management is pretty laid back, for they let you alone to get your work done. The people are nice but the levels in titles we must deal with in my role can be very demanding. The toughest thing I deal with in my jobs is all the 'fixes' we end up having to do in order to get things accomplished. I do enjoy working with my team, for we are able to work and laugh at the same time.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Excessive e-mail
N/a
Manager of Site Payments (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCAugust 9, 2016
N/A--it is a learning experience. Nice atmosphere, good people, good work life balance.no room for growth. I learned how to do bid proposals, site payments, budgets.
Pros
nice culture
Cons
not enough people
One of the worst company.
cl research (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 25, 2016
One of the worst company to work especially as a CRA. This company has very high turn over. Managers are new, inefficient and deceptive.
Balanced workplace at just the right pace
SAS/QC Intern (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJune 25, 2016
My internship at Novella Clinical took my experiences to the next level. It presented me with a great office environment with superb and friendly employees. New employees are welcomed with warmth and helpful guidance. The workload was light for me as an intern, but it was enough for me to gain new knowledge. My experience here completely changed the way I am and gave me a stimulus to pursue a career in statistics.
Pros
Welcoming employees and staff, enjoyable office environment
Cons
Not enough space for all employees
Work Life
Site Payment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Morrisville, NCApril 14, 2016
Great work life balance and fellow employees to work with. Great compensation but little opportunities to advance from within.
Pros
Work life balance, social committe, welcoming peers
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement