Novellus

Novellus Employer Reviews

Good
E/M Technician (Former Employee), San Jose, CAJune 21, 2014
Good time with Company, good management and happy with co-worker
Great semi conductor company
BUYER / PURCHASING (Former Employee), Portland, ORSeptember 27, 2013
Pros: free gym, laptop, choice of working from home
Cons: no benefits for contractors
My first start in procurement was for this was a semi-conductor manufacturing company. Hugh multinational company with each work day is almost similar to the day before.
On going product awareness and learning on the job, working with manufacturing and product development

Hardest part of the job is that it was almost impossible to have the full knowledge – more... of all thousands of parts and commodities that you deal in the material requirement planning.

The most enjoyable part of the job was that the people and my manager was extremely supportive and helpful. – less
Fun place to work
Design Drafter II, Engineering Technician III (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORApril 22, 2013
Pros: great place to work, healthcare
the opportunity to grow prepositionally and personal is great. always working on new cutting edge technology. learning new things and being able to apply them on the job is one of the most positive and enjoying tings. the family culture that one builds will last long after one leaves the company. every one will take the time to teach and show how tings – more... can be done or lead you on the right path. Management is very reliable and understanding on personal basis. – less
Good Money but tough Industry
Senior Field Process & Technical Sales Engineer (Former Employee), San Jose & SingaporeApril 18, 2013
Pros: sold to a better organisation now lam
Cons: old people have been replaced
Declining industry means overall restricted opportunities. Tech bubble is over and so are the perks.
Good place to intern
Intern (Former Employee), San Jose, CAFebruary 10, 2013
Pros: good compensation
Cons: nothing obvious, learning opportunity
Had a great internship there, partly because my adviser was extremely helpful. People seem happy.
manufacturing
Technician CVD, PVD Manufacturing, PVD Division (Former Employee), San Jose, CAOctober 31, 2012
perform Work on equipment PVD, CVD calibration
hvac leak check trouble shoot down to component level
team work keep clean house
team work pass down to know problem then continue solve problem
keep system under vacuum base pressure
trouble shoot and find out leak rate
Bad place to work
Assemble Technician (Former Employee), Tualatin OrOctober 21, 2012
Pros: enjoyable work.
Cons: horrible temp policy.
The Temp policy has been horrible over the years. Expect to stay a temporary worker with no benefits or PTO for 9 month - 2 years if you would like to get hired on. Raises are low. Pay is not too bad.

The overtime gets rough. There will be stretches of time where you have 0 overtime. Then the next week you will have mandatory 60-70 hours a week for – more... 4-6 weeks.

The work is enjoyable and the people I worked with were very pleasant. – less
I missed all my friends at VARIAN & NOVELLUS
Mechanical/Assembler III (Former Employee), San Jose, CA 95134July 17, 2012
Pros: free lunch every sat & sun
.Nothing typical day at work, day by day same.
.I learned a lot of different tool, built a lot of tool, I can built the system by myself, my boss alway sent me to learned new tool then come back trained other co-workers.
.The bosses at (Novellus) want job done right away but tool alway short parts.
.Team work, share work and problem.
.New tool all way – more... had a lot of problem need to improve, had to sub-assemblies, rebuilt, modified...
.I like to challenge, enjoy the most hardest part, exercise my brain. – less
unproductive antaganistic work enviroment
Test Technician (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORMay 25, 2012
Pros: na
Cons: bad random hours.
Really I didn't learn much, I put machines together from blue prints. I learned about how plumbing and fiber optics worked at a remedial level. I also learned robotics. The Co workers were terrible. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the the coworkers. Building giant machines was the best part of the job.
excellant
sr. equipment engineer (Former Employee)August 30, 2011
Pros: ideal location
this company was so nice to work for relaxed hours plenty of work for all employees
An established company in the semiconductor industry
Field Service Engineer (Equipment/ Quality) (Former Employee), WoodlandsJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: high technology
Cons: subject to economic condition
Support customer in their production, maintenance and process issues.

About Novellus

Novellus Systems' approach to business is hardly novel: high-end products, built to last, sold to the largest possible customers. – Read more