Noven

Noven Employer Reviews

A great company with areas to improve in professional developing
QC Reviewer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMay 23, 2014
Pros: bonus, celebrations
Cons: invert pyramid in management, miscomunication.
Noven is a great company to work and get job stability, good benefits and safe place. The gray areas where Noven shows some difficulties are planning, cost analysis and professional development.
A typical day at work is drive for changing in the production schedule which impact QC and Product Release generating rush samples. This situation require extra-work – more... at no compensation in time or money for salary employees. The hardest part of the job is to dealing with lack of vision for improvement, and persistency in follow up effectiveness of changes, actions items, etc.. The previous improvement efforts were not well planned and the results are not satisfactory to the user in the daily work. The management strategies are not well understood by employees and town meetings are so slow with nothing of interest for the basic employees.
The opportunities for professional grown are very reduced and the trend is to hiring people from outside rather than give opportunities to the qualified insides. – less
Company is diminishing.
Specialty Neuroscience Sales Representative II (Current Employee), Dothan, ALApril 1, 2014
Pros: meeting people, staying competitive in your disease area
Cons: incentives
A typical day at work encompasses selling, what I love to do and educating physicians on your product.

The hardest part of my job is contracts being that I have not been trained in the proper way to get or stay informed on contracts after inquiring several times of upper management.
interesting, fast paced and challenging place to work
Associate Manager, Manufacturing (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 10, 2014
The type of product- Transdermal Fentanyl Patch

One product line with four strengths.

successful remediation a full warning letter by the FDA with zero observations.

performed a full process validation while still producing at full production capacity
Fast paced pharmaceutical company
Packaging LMO (Former Employee), Miami, FlMarch 8, 2014
Pros: great benefits package
Cons: long commute
A typical day would include supervision of one or two packaging lines with up to 7 operators on each line. My responsibilities included training operators, daily shift control and OEE, safety and quality of the product. Job was performed in a clean environment in accordance with FDA regulations. An important part of my job was to make sure that production – more... goals were met or exceeded, which I did accomplished everyday. – less
Always end up shutting down production for lack of sales
Manufacturing Technician (Former Employee), Carlsbad CAMarch 3, 2014
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: getting laid off
Management lacks intelligence. Pay was good. I was laid off twice in a three year period.
Productive workplace very caring of its employees
Equipment Calibration and Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAFebruary 26, 2014
First company I was happy to come to work for every morning.
Noven has a great respect and faith in its employees and allows for advancement from within.
Good R&D company to work with.
Senior Stability Scientist (Former Employee), Miami, FLJanuary 15, 2014
Good manufacturing company. Management is aware of changes and supportive of making improvements.
Outside Sales
Neuroscience/Psychiatric Specialty Rep II (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 2, 2014
Pharmaceutical sales in Georgia - Neuroscience/Psychiatric Specialty Representative II
Productive and great company.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CaDecember 26, 2013
Pros: monthly pot lucks.
CFO was very informative and easy to learn from as well as a great person.
Productive and energetic work place
Specialty Sales Representative Women's Health (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: easy access to offices and lunch and learns
Cons: very difficult offices to gain access or showing up to an office and no providers available
A typical day at work was always the "Total Office Call" I've learned that it is very important to provide health care professionals and staff with patient education information, samples of medication, patient safety information and savings offers. HCP's and staff are advocates of your product when you are their trusted adviser. I have gained commitments – more... from the total office by developing positive relationships. My former manager helped me to grow as a pharmaceutical rep, as this was my very first pharmaceutical job. He helped me to develop my skills in a most organized manner. My co-workers were always available to assist when there were challenging conversations during my sales calls. The most difficult part of the job, is when patients had insurance coverage issues. Cost seem to be the #1 factor for most offices. What I enjoyed most about being a pharmaceutical rep is the energy I get when I have gained commitment from my healthcare professionals and that their patients are doing well on the product I advocated. – less
Awesome Employees
IT (Former Employee), Miami, FLAugust 13, 2013
Pros: 1 paid week vacation for everyone from xmas to new years
Cons: management sucks!!
Really bad managers. Really awful managers that should not be in management
Great Company
Lead Machine Operator I (Former Employee), Miami, FLJuly 1, 2013
Noven is a great company. I recently relocated to Palm Beach County.
Stable
Engineer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 20, 2013
Pros: bonus
Good place to have a career.
Learn a lot from people.
Mgmt is certain dept is good
Stable
Engineer (Current Employee), Miami, FLMarch 20, 2013
Pros: bonus
Good place to have a career.
Learn a lot from people.
Mgmt is certain dept is good
Very professional place.
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee), Miami flFebruary 5, 2013
Pros: excelent benefits.
Transactions in JDE, Implementation of bill of material and update of files, Issuance of batch records, closed deviations, draft and issuance of forms. etc.
I liked my team.
Poor Management, departments work in silos
IT Software Engineer (Former Employee), Miami, FLDecember 8, 2012
Pros: some learning possiblities
Cons: no accountability or ownership of problems
I worked here for years, and it was nearly impossible to get departments to work together for the completion of projects. There is also a lot of micro-management, and you will be worked to death.
Small pharma company with a great product!
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee), Miami, FLOctober 19, 2012
Pros: small company with a great product.
Cons: no possibility of advancement; management changes quite frequently
Small pharmaceutical company that manufactures a great product. Management changes happen quite frequently--some good/some bad. Compensation is okay but part-time reps must compete with full-time reps for goal attainment--no breaks. Bonus is only 60% for a part-time rep if you make your goal.
a company looking for it's core compantancy.
Sr Manager Manufacturing Operations (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CASeptember 10, 2012
Pros: good benefits
Cons: poor management
Not a place to stake your career on.
Working through an FDA "Warning Letter"
Overall a good place to work, with good team work and adequate compensation
Senioir Manager, Clinical Operations (Former Employee), Miami, FLJune 15, 2012
Pros: cheerful work atmosphere, all tools available on request.
Cons: health insurance not so good. high deductables and co-insurance
Workplace good. All basic needs taken care of. Learned a lot while working here. Management ok, but a bit out of touch with individual employees. Excellent co-workers. More encouragement needed for good performance in some areas.
Productive, Positive Work Experience
Associate Director, QA (Former Employee), Miami, FloridaDecember 15, 2011
Pros: ability to learn new things, interact with contract partners
Cons: not enough working hours, in a day to accomplish all tasks
Positive working environment, good opportunities to learn and grow professionally

About Noven

Noven Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is a dynamic specialty pharmaceutical company engaged in the research, development, manufacture, marketing – Read more