Novinium Employee Reviews

Poor place to work.
Journeyman lineman (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 15, 2017
Novinium has several employees that consider themselves lineman. I worked for a major utility in Dallas, Tx for 28 years with lineman, and 99% of these guys don’t have a clue what line work consists of. Squirting fluid in underground cable does not make you a lineman.CEO very odd showing pictures of faulted underground cable and saying how beautiful the picture were.
Pros
Take truck home
Cons
Management, other employees
good place to work , lots of traveling
Journeyman lineman/Team lead (Current Employee) –  usa and canadaOctober 8, 2017
good 10hr days and lots of traveling always seeing new places .

very cool tech, almost 100% underground work. if you like to travel this is a great way to do it. good guys to work with.
Good place to work for the most part.
Journeyman Lineman / Injection Technition (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAJune 4, 2017
Company has been very good to me, no place is perfect but I would recommend Novinium to any qualified person to work. You are away from home a lot which is why the PTO needs to be more!
Pros
Company provides all travel.
Cons
Need better incintives like bonuses and greater PTO earned!
I liked this job for 15 out of 16.5 years
Crew Lead (Former Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 18, 2017
Good pay, have to be able to travel at a minutes notice. For most of my time enjoyed this job but it is sad to think after 16 years 5 months they just up and eliminated my job position. After the buy out everything changed and this comes from a CEO that was CEO for Utilx the original cable injection company. He then went on to start Novinium to compete against his first company and was able to buy Utilx. The same CEO, president of the board that hired me over sixteen years ago eliminated for Novinium. This company has no loyalty towards employees. If you don't mind being on pins and needles weather you have a job or not this is the company for you.
Pros
pay, benifits
Cons
short notice if you have to travel, short notice if they decide they can make it wiyhout you, even after sixteen years of service.
good place to work
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAMay 12, 2017
, Novinium is a good place to work, management is flexible with your family needs at home , being you are the road 10 days at a time. understaffed but the people they have are in the correct positions.
Pros
they pay all travel expenses
Cons
being away from home 10 days at a time
Great product and lots of potential
Operations (Current Employee) –  Kent, WAApril 26, 2017
Novinium has a lot of great potential. People are loyal to the company and believe in the product. They have a fair and balanced work environment for most of the departments.

Communication about revenue and margin is limited. They are more likely to just address their continued growth and direction- without giving any real metrics about how the company is doing financially.

Most groups work collaboratively, but there are some long-time employees who are stuck in "job-protective mode", and make cross-functional sharing challenging. Management should encourage more collaboration, so that middle management will embrace it more.
Pros
Office lunch on Thursdays, lots of variety in work responsibilities
Cons
Upward movement is challenging. Mid-sized company with no real path for upward mobility.
Lots of Back Stabbing
Crew Lead (Current Employee) –  Northeast, USAApril 22, 2017
If you are in the right cliques you will do well. The only form of discipline in this company is sending an employee down the road. No mistakes allowed. Safety program is non existent, and no hard copy of a safety manual is available for the crew members to use for research.
April 25, 2017

We appreciate your feedback and concerns. Safety is our #1 priority. The Novinium Safety Committee (NSC) works hard to uphold this priority and help keep everyone working safely. Our current Field Operations Safety Handbook (FOSH) is available online to all employees. We are also dedicated to the 10 Commitments of Safety that cover all aspects of Novinium line work. In addition, we have an observational behavioral based safety program that is voluntary, employee run, and open to all field and non-field staff - We value input from all employees. We encourage you to reach out to your manager or a member of the NSC to learn more about our safety programs or to find out how you can get involved.

Comment – May 17, 2017

When you are hiring people who are not computer literate, and you don't take the time to bring them up to speed, you can tout your online benefits all you want. I have people working for me that are unsure of how to log on to their computers, let alone get their safety manual understood. If you are going to hire people of retirement age, then more time needs to be spent on the technology you want to implement. These fellows want to come here and do a job, but they aren't tech savy.

Companys day to day business
Injection specialist high voltage (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 2, 2016
I worked for a good amount of electrical utitily companys across the country. I have worked on the road for the last 15 years. This company has been bought and sold 3 times in the last 12 years. Wife passed away on the road with me. Worked outside year around the year. I would run a crew with crew members and subcontractors. We would perform maintenance on underground circuits. I would write up a tailboard, with all hazards condition. All emergency plans. And find a way to be productive. I was responsible for all crew members actions, and safety. We would used a wide range of test equipment.
fair place to work, good pay, must be willing to travel
TEAM LEADER & FOREMAN (Current Employee) –  Lombard, ILSeptember 22, 2016
most work days consist of the same stuff, learned alot about the electrical trade,some management is good and in some areas its bad(especially in the mid west region),soome co-workers are good some are petty back stabbers, hardest part is traveling and being away from family.
Good crew, good work
Not a Tech. (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 19, 2015
Constantly remind you how dispensable you are
Seniority means nothing
You actually have to sign you are an "at will employee". meaning can and WILL let you go at any time for any "reason"
Was told new president got his jollies by letting people go before he came to own company.....they were right.
If you are an aerial lineman, don't go. you'll see by wage.
Guy at other end of cable switching may not be too experienced,pulls wrong cable, you are fired.They have "in house" schools to give certification papers as lineman,
,so some are thrilled to have job. Sorry, you are not a lineman in 6 weeks and you are responsible for their moves, not the people who hired them. I can go on and on.
Obviously, they did me dirty. However, I'm much better off.
Pros
will put you up in nice hotels
Good idea; poor execution
Employee (Current Employee) –  WashingtonMarch 16, 2015
Novinium has great products and services. Employees truly want to do the right thing. Management has a hard time providing direction and employees are left to make their own calls. At times it seems like Novinium is a rudderless ship.
April 20, 2015

We appreciate you sharing feedback regarding working at Novinium. Part of our culture is to allow employees to work independently and to make the right decisions for our customers. It’s a balancing act and we can always improve how we approach the work. Your feedback helps us make those improvements.

Very disappointed in how I was laid off
Accounting Associate (Former Employee) –  Auburn, WAMarch 9, 2015
There is not any diversity within the company which made it hard to work. No room for advancement for certain employees. The company executives are all very elite individuals who have no clue how the middle class live. Friends are hired or placed in positions that other employees could have held.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No diversity within the compay, lack of advancement, favortisism towards employees
Bad Company!
Lineman (Former Employee) –  WashingtonJanuary 12, 2015
Company compensates you for a lot, but it's not your years of experience that gets you far with this company, it's who you know that keeps you employed with Novinium!
Pros
Time off
Cons
Foreman are inexperienced
April 20, 2015

Thank you for sharing your views. We take this type of feedback seriously and always look for ways to become a better employer.

Sounds good
A warm BODY. (Current Employee) –  ManyApril 26, 2014
Doesn't pay well or consistent from employee to employee. Who you know is key. They have a lot of favorites. NO Safety program. A lot of personal time is taken up and not paid for. Upper management is under skilled and paper pushers. Bonuses are a joke and manipulated. Lineman are not appreciated.
April 20, 2015

We very much appreciate you sharing your views and take these kinds of comments seriously. Safety is an absolute priority in everything we do. Please bring any specific safety concerns to the attention of the Safety Committee or directly to your manager.

Linemen are the heart of our operation and we’re committed to being the best employer out there. Your feedback helps us reach that commitment.

Great growth
Supply Chain Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn, WAApril 11, 2014
Fast pace rapidly growing company. Lack of opportunity for advancement
great
Team Manager for a cable rejuvenation company (Current Employee) –  Kent, WADecember 19, 2013
A lot of travel, a lot of cold weather work. meet a lot of nice people
Organized
JOURNEYMAN HIGH VOLTAGE (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 19, 2013
Focused on mission and targets. Unified work team, weather related tasks, new technology standards, daily challenges, focused managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novinium. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7