Novitas Employee Reviews in United States

Extreme production and quality standards
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 4, 2016
Production and quality standards are hard to meet, constantly changing guidelines can make it difficult to meet day to day requirements. Some positions are offered a flexible working schedule other positions only have flexible start times. Despite working for an insurance company health benefits are about as cheap as they can be and they gladly charge a fair bit for them. Also as a side note, unless you maintain a perfect 100% production and a 98.3% quality rating you don't get a bonus or raise at the end of the year and if you fall below these standards for more then 3 months expect to be let go.
Provider Enrollment
Provider Enrollment/Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
Medicare contractor in PA and FL; nice working situation, enjoyed my time with the company. Once you work in a position for one year, you may transfer to another position or office; advancement opportunities from within.
Pros
nice working conditions and managers
Cons
telephones
no comment
Account Appeals Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2016
Not a great company to work for. The training is bad, Taking calls all day. Non management every around when you need help with a phone call. Not a very professional company to work for.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Poor training
slow
Medical Claims Imager (Former Employee) –  Mechanisburg, PAMarch 17, 2016
I sort and image mail. The management is horrible and is all based on favoritism. The company has impossible standards.
Management is so bad and the executives won't even look into allegations.
Mailroom (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PaMay 23, 2015
Horrible, horrible, place. Long term people from Highmark that had to take the job or lose their position. Half of the time everyone could care less. Gina is just crazy. People sitting around doing nothing while others are overworked. Micromanaged by long term people that should not be there any longer. Especially in the mail room.
Pros
Cons
Managers, and supervisors of the mail room.
Clerk D (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
This was a temp job and one of the easiest jobs known to man. All what had to be done was enter a cd-rom, upload the info and place it in the correct folder. Their were supervisor but only there to answer questions.
Review Summary for Novitas Solutions Inc.
Contract Analyst (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
Novitas provided a professional working environment and pleasant staff as well as fair and professional supervisors. Management and co-workers provided assistance as needed . Hardest part of job was to change my thinking process from a Clinical floor nurse to a Clinical Contract Analyst. The part I enjoyed the most that I was still working in a Healthcare environment and maintaining and using my clinical knowledge.
Pros
staff meeting, learning to work in a office enviroment which allowed new and different skills to be developed, such as orcale, excel, outlook etc.
Cons
short breaks and lunches to meet quotes.
Would not recommend working here
Nurse Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 29, 2014
A typical day is spent sitting in a cubicle working from a computer. Talking is frowned upon, celebrating birthdays is frowned upon. Every things revolved around production. The managers are obtuse and micromanage. There is a constant threat to produce or leave. Management's attitude is, if you don't like it here, leave. Workers are treated like children.
Pros
the pay is ok.
Cons
morale is bad, micromanaging, overbearing managers.
Detail Oriented, Fun and Challenging
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 10, 2013
Every day at work I meet new people over the phone. I learn that the majority of providers are not aware of the medicare requirements. The management are very friendly and helpful with all employees. My co-workers are fun to get along with and i look forward to seeing them everyday. The hardest part of the job is explaining the medicare requirements to frustrated providers. The most enjoyable thing about my job is helping providers keep there medicare claims being paid.
benefits
Cons
lunch room
If you want to be treated like a prisoner , come work here
Claims (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH PAApril 29, 2013
Everyone here is miserable, upper management has no clue of what they are doing. They are based in Florida,so good luck with getting any payroll issues fixed.Favoritism is so apparent here ita disgusting. certain people are pets and can do no wrong while others are like dirt and have their jobs threatened. Highmark made a major mistake in selling Medicare. This company has nothing to offer. They took away our vacation time and now we must accrue it all.
Pros
not many
Cons
too many to list
Low work morale; quite depressing
Associate Appeals Analyst/Settlement (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2013
Typical day consists of unexpected turn of events
I learned to expect the unexpected
Management is not user-friendly
Co-workers are like family: you can pick your friends, but you can't pick family members or co-workers
The hardest part of the job is trying to stay positive in such a negative environment
Most enjoyable part is sharing stories/jokes/relief with favored co-workers
Pros
nice breakroom
Cons
benefits, work environment itself
do not recommend
appeals (Current Employee) –  camp hill paMarch 5, 2013
grew faster than they can handle
"company paid" benefits are paid by you out of government contract fee-- and then purchased from novitas sister company - double dipping!!
management lacks ethics, education and people skills
inferior management
highmark should have kept Medicare
much better company that cares about their workers
novitas employees are still working full shift in weather emergencies
while highmark lets their employees out early
oh and payroll makes constant mistakes and they r in Florida so good luck getting corrected
Pros
starting pay
Cons
12 cent raise, communication, management
Productive, Nice place to work
Appeals Representative - Medicare Part A (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 6, 2013
I research Medicare Part A appeals submitted by providers, facility of the service, beneficiary, Centers for Medicaid & Medicare Services (CMS) or other interested parties. The cases must be finalized in a timely manner. My co-worker are easy to get along with. I'm a people person who mind my own business so that's never been a problem for me. The hardest part of the job is generating written correspondence according CMS standards. The most enjoyable part of the job is processing claims. I'm relocating that's why I'm looking for employment.
Pros
flexible work schedule, overtime
Cons
waiting for the clinicians decision.
Wouldnt recommend this place. Poor Management.
Inquiry Coder (Current Employee) –  Camp Hill, PaJanuary 31, 2013
I have worked here for many years while the company was run by Highmark. Now Novitas has taken over the medicare division and it sucks. The management hates it and the mood carries over. We are so behind on processing the mail and we are forced to work overtime. We all have busy lives and have to be here so early only to stay late or we will get fired. I dont even know if they are allowed to force us to work over-time. The new people get away with murder while the people that have been here the longest are always in trouble. Management is trying hard each day to get rid of us.
Pros
there are none.
Cons
too many to mention. poor management.
learning experience
Medicare Appeals Part B Representative (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMarch 28, 2013
• Answering incoming phone calls from hospitals, medical offices, and third party billing offices regarding claim corrections to Medicare Part B claims.
• Claims corrections entail verifying appropriate medical CPT code, ICD 9codes, HCPCS and Medicare policies to ensure that claims are corrected properly, and the customer receives payment in a timely manner.
• Processing written Medicare Part B appeals including researching medical CPT codes, consulting with Nurses for clinical review of certain appeals to ensure compliance with Medicare policies.
Pros
n/a
Cons
short breaks and expensive healthcare
Do not recommend employment here
Reimbursement and Settlement (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2013
When this company bought out Highmark Medicare, that was the beginning to an end. The worst part was when we were told by the current CEO it was "bittersweet" that we were bought out. There is no compassion or love between the Florida office and the previous Highmark offices in PA. Morale is poor, 90% of the workers hate the company, not necessarily their jobs. Poor work performance is a result of a quick merger and no planning. Pay is good, benefits aren't. Although you can work 4 10-hour days, now we are all to work 45-50 hours, mandatory. Most workers are exempt, so no extra cost to the company for those extra hours. Took time away for those under 3 years with Highmark. Will be seeking new employment by year end! Worst HR department I have ever encountered.
Pros
4 10-hour workdays
Cons
everything else
good benefits
Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAJanuary 4, 2013
Productive workplace, fast pace, with good benefits, created a new system that made credentialing alot easier, only con about the job system went down quite often which made it harder to reach our quota. Management would not realize how hard it was to reach quota when systems were down.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
stressfull- system went down quite often
There are not enough words to describe how bad this company is.
Claims rep (Current Employee) –  PittsburghApril 29, 2013
I have never in my life seen a more miserable bunch of folks. Everyone is in a permanently bad mood and they expect your work to be perfect 100% of the time even though they chew you out for asking any kind of question. Training? There is no training. Figure it out is their policy and it better be the correct way. Management has no idea of what the day to day processes are and threaten your job all the time because you are never working fast enough or are up to standards. I'm a very strong worker however I refuse to dedicate my life to work. I put in my 40 hours and am always expected to work extra. If you do not work 70 plus hours a week you are nothing to this company. Questions or concerns are never answered so dont waste your time. This goes for management, hr or any other department.
Pros
there are none that come to mind.
Cons
pretty much covers everything.
Great place to work with flexibility and benefits
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 24, 2013
This isn't a job for someone who can't sit still because you are sitting in a cubicle all day. Other than that its a great place to work.
Pros
beneifits, flexibility, great people
Cons
sit at a cubicle all day
Worst Contract job I have ever worked
Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAApril 1, 2013
I would give no stars if possible. The only positive thing is the compensation if you do not elect insurance and benefits (IF ELIGIBLE).
Cons
everything... poor management and administration

2.5