Novitas Employee Reviews in United States

Don't go there!
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJune 29, 2016
Awful training but HIGH quality standards, bad management, NO JOB security or chance for advancement! WORST JOB I EVER HAD!!!!
Pros
flexible work week
Cons
everything except flex time
Provider Enrollment
Provider Enrollment/Credentialing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 1, 2016
Medicare contractor in PA and FL; nice working situation, enjoyed my time with the company. Once you work in a position for one year, you may transfer to another position or office; advancement opportunities from within.
Pros
nice working conditions and managers
Cons
telephones
slow
Medical Claims Imager (Former Employee) –  Mechanisburg, PAMarch 17, 2016
I sort and image mail. The management is horrible and is all based on favoritism. The company has impossible standards.
Extreme production and quality standards
Inquiry Response Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 4, 2016
Production and quality standards are hard to meet, constantly changing guidelines can make it difficult to meet day to day requirements. Some positions are offered a flexible working schedule other positions only have flexible start times. Despite working for an insurance company health benefits are about as cheap as they can be and they gladly charge a fair bit for them. Also as a side note, unless you maintain a perfect 100% production and a 98.3% quality rating you don't get a bonus or raise at the end of the year and if you fall below these standards for more then 3 months expect to be let go.
no comment
Account Appeals Representative (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 9, 2016
Not a great company to work for. The training is bad, Taking calls all day. Non management every around when you need help with a phone call. Not a very professional company to work for.
Pros
Benefits are good
Cons
Poor training
Clerk D (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 9, 2015
This was a temp job and one of the easiest jobs known to man. All what had to be done was enter a cd-rom, upload the info and place it in the correct folder. Their were supervisor but only there to answer questions.
Management is so bad and the executives won't even look into allegations.
Mailroom (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PaMay 23, 2015
Horrible, horrible, place. Long term people from Highmark that had to take the job or lose their position. Half of the time everyone could care less. Gina is just crazy. People sitting around doing nothing while others are overworked. Micromanaged by long term people that should not be there any longer. Especially in the mail room.
Pros
Cons
Managers, and supervisors of the mail room.
High level of micromanagement
credentialing specialists (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, flFebruary 18, 2015
Working for this company does not make you feel stable constant worries of not meeting production and quality standards when the system is always down and the applications are all messed up. Poor leadership/management skills, there's a high level of micromanagement. You can never take paid time off because they don't give you vacation/sick days you only accrue 1 day of pto per month so you can never take time off. The pay is awful, for the demanding work load. You have to process applications and work customer service at the same time, your phone rings all day....why should the providers call customer service when they can call your direct line and flood your phone with voicemails for callbacks. There is no potential for growth here only for favorites. If your a favorite you'll move up quickly or a position will be created for you. The TA's are unprofessional, do not dress professional and lack in help. They treat you as your an inconvenience to them. If your use to working independently I wouldn't work here, it's a controlled environment the entire department goes to lunch at the same time, this never changed sense training. We use to get paid from the government for benefits, this was taken away due to Obama care so a lot of people had to take a huge cut in pay. Working here is a mental, physical, and financial struggle. Mgmt n supervisors always suggest that you find something else instead of trying to make departmental changes for the better so that they can maintain a consistent happier staff. They don't care, they just keep hiring more people to come in and mess up the  more... work and let your seasoned well knowledged employees cont.to leave.  less
Cons
everyone's sad, unorganized, not a happy place
Review Summary for Novitas Solutions Inc.
Contract Analyst (Temporary Position) (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJune 3, 2014
Novitas provided a professional working environment and pleasant staff as well as fair and professional supervisors. Management and co-workers provided assistance as needed . Hardest part of job was to change my thinking process from a Clinical floor nurse to a Clinical Contract Analyst. The part I enjoyed the most that I was still working in a Healthcare environment and maintaining and using my clinical knowledge.
Pros
staff meeting, learning to work in a office enviroment which allowed new and different skills to be developed, such as orcale, excel, outlook etc.
Cons
short breaks and lunches to meet quotes.
very laid back
Appeal Representative (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAMay 20, 2014
This job was a very good laid back job, all we did was answer calls back to back and helping the customers fix their claims in order for them to be paid ,
Pros
snack days
Cons
short breaks
Would not recommend working here
Nurse Analyst (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAMarch 29, 2014
A typical day is spent sitting in a cubicle working from a computer. Talking is frowned upon, celebrating birthdays is frowned upon. Every things revolved around production. The managers are obtuse and micromanage. There is a constant threat to produce or leave. Management's attitude is, if you don't like it here, leave. Workers are treated like children.
Pros
the pay is ok.
Cons
morale is bad, micromanaging, overbearing managers.
HOOOOOORIBLE PLACE TO WORK!!!!! You want to croak young, apply here!
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PAJanuary 15, 2014
Cant wait to get out of here. Management treats you like, horse manure, they are constantly throwing junk work at you, people you work with are lazy, everyones attitude is horrible. The morale of the place is DARK. Upper managment walks all over you and treats you like a child. Your a prisoner in your own cube. The production and quality standards are ridiculously insane and the pay raise...well if you get one....its cents. My last raise was 1 penny. NOVITAS can stick that up their BEHIND. Some people bust their butts and get treated the same as the ones who dont do nothing. BENEFITS STINK...dont even accrue 1 day a month!!! Bottom line is they just dont care. Its all about numbers to them not worried about keeping good employees...TURNOVER rate is ridiculously high. Training is horrible. They basically throw you on the floor and tell you to find the information via the internet, then they wonder why the quality of work is low. Management acts like children talking about their employees on their breaks and lunches. The Manager of Provider Enrollment has the most horrible attitude of anyone I have seen, you cant even ask a question without her getting smart about something. This happens every meeting, people are afraid to ask questions in fear of her humiliating them. If I could go back to that dreadful day of when I accepted this position I would. Biggest mistake of my LIFE! Maybe Sandy Coston the CEO should come in here as "UNDERCOVER BOSS" one day and see how their employees are being treated. Then again, I think all upper management would be fired.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Productive and balanced work enviroment
PROVIDER ENROLLMENT LEAD SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 2, 2014
Assist credentialist specialist with processing questions and answer any customer complaints
Pros
flexible work hours
Cons
production and quality standards
Detail Oriented, Fun and Challenging
Provider Enrollment Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mechanicsburg, PADecember 10, 2013
Every day at work I meet new people over the phone. I learn that the majority of providers are not aware of the medicare requirements. The management are very friendly and helpful with all employees. My co-workers are fun to get along with and i look forward to seeing them everyday. The hardest part of the job is explaining the medicare requirements to frustrated providers. The most enjoyable thing about my job is helping providers keep there medicare claims being paid.
benefits
Cons
lunch room
Great place to work with flexibility and benefits
Claims Administrator (Former Employee) –  Williamsport, PAJuly 24, 2013
This isn't a job for someone who can't sit still because you are sitting in a cubicle all day. Other than that its a great place to work.
Pros
beneifits, flexibility, great people
Cons
sit at a cubicle all day
good company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAMay 31, 2013
Typical day was servicing phone calls from providers and assisting with medicare claims.
Do not recommend employment here
Reimbursement and Settlement (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAMay 9, 2013
When this company bought out Highmark Medicare, that was the beginning to an end. The worst part was when we were told by the current CEO it was "bittersweet" that we were bought out. There is no compassion or love between the Florida office and the previous Highmark offices in PA. Morale is poor, 90% of the workers hate the company, not necessarily their jobs. Poor work performance is a result of a quick merger and no planning. Pay is good, benefits aren't. Although you can work 4 10-hour days, now we are all to work 45-50 hours, mandatory. Most workers are exempt, so no extra cost to the company for those extra hours. Took time away for those under 3 years with Highmark. Will be seeking new employment by year end! Worst HR department I have ever encountered.
Pros
4 10-hour workdays
Cons
everything else
Low work morale; quite depressing
Associate Appeals Analyst/Settlement (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 29, 2013
Typical day consists of unexpected turn of events
I learned to expect the unexpected
Management is not user-friendly
Co-workers are like family: you can pick your friends, but you can't pick family members or co-workers
The hardest part of the job is trying to stay positive in such a negative environment
Most enjoyable part is sharing stories/jokes/relief with favored co-workers
Pros
nice breakroom
Cons
benefits, work environment itself
There are not enough words to describe how bad this company is.
Claims rep (Current Employee) –  PittsburghApril 29, 2013
I have never in my life seen a more miserable bunch of folks. Everyone is in a permanently bad mood and they expect your work to be perfect 100% of the time even though they chew you out for asking any kind of question. Training? There is no training. Figure it out is their policy and it better be the correct way. Management has no idea of what the day to day processes are and threaten your job all the time because you are never working fast enough or are up to standards. I'm a very strong worker however I refuse to dedicate my life to work. I put in my 40 hours and am always expected to work extra. If you do not work 70 plus hours a week you are nothing to this company. Questions or concerns are never answered so dont waste your time. This goes for management, hr or any other department.
Pros
there are none that come to mind.
Cons
pretty much covers everything.
If you want to be treated like a prisoner , come work here
Claims (Former Employee) –  PITTSBURGH PAApril 29, 2013
Everyone here is miserable, upper management has no clue of what they are doing. They are based in Florida,so good luck with getting any payroll issues fixed.Favoritism is so apparent here ita disgusting. certain people are pets and can do no wrong while others are like dirt and have their jobs threatened. Highmark made a major mistake in selling Medicare. This company has nothing to offer. They took away our vacation time and now we must accrue it all.
Pros
not many
Cons
too many to list

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novitas. Our community is ready to answer.

1.8