Novo Nordisk, Inc. Employee Reviews

RBD Coordinator
Diabetes Sales Business Support (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 18, 2017
I worked in two capacities. I worked with Marketing and it was the best job ever, the people I worked for and with everything was great until I accepted a position with the Sales Group.

OMG the worst job ever, most of RBD leaders are real jerks, kiss your but when in your face but stabbing you in the back to your Manager. Management was horrible as well.

Don't work for Sales, you will hate your job, any other sector is great!
The best place to work in industry
Senior product manager (Diabetes & Obesity) (Former Employee) –  MoscowSeptember 16, 2017
The best place of work I have ever seen. Good culture . good products. Very comfortable to work every day. I strongly recommend to everybody to consider the best place to work
Productive and save lives,
Filling Technician (Current Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 16, 2017
The beginning of shift the management team update you on what happen that day. After the update go to your area and the WCL update you with anything that happen on the line that day. You're there for 12 hrs. I learned if in doubt to always check your SOP's because things change daily.

The management team checks and see if anything going that they can help you with.

The workplace as a whole is ok.

The hardest part of my job is working 12 hrs and every other weekend.

The best part of my job is knowing we save lives.
Pros
save lives
Cons
12 hours
Great diabetes company - putting patients first
Senior Sales Administrator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 15, 2017
NNI was a great place to work; however corporate culture changed significantly, limiting opportunities within the workplace.

Left the company to pursue better opportunities to enhance my career development
Productive and good place to work
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 6, 2017
I did not like the manufacturing work to much. It was long days on your feet and short breaks. I also had to drive over an hour to get there. That is the reason why I left, but it is a good place to work.
Cons
short breaks
Very productive and fun working here.
SharePoint Developer (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJAugust 28, 2017
Gives great insight for those new into the industry. Overall, I found the entire experience a nice transition into my future career. I was able to get a deep dive into the bio-pharma industry.
Amazing Summer Internship opportunities
Manufacturing Science Intern (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHAugust 22, 2017
Gives great insight for those new into the industry. Overall, I found the entire experience a nice transition into my future career. I was able to get a deep dive into the biopharma industry.
My experience at Novo Nordisk
Executive Long Term Care (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCAugust 18, 2017
I loved my time with Novo over 17 years. I have developed individually over the years with the opportunity to learn from others that I have collaborated with and partnered with to obtain mutual goals. I have a great relationship with past managers, colleagues and customers that I am blessed to have been apart of for many years.
A typical work day...
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 14, 2017
When I first started, I was not given a very valuable list of targets to visit. So I had to do a lot of cold calling, and it took a lot out of my work day - which included the acts of driving, and physically talking to doctors. This inconvenience of cold calling put me behind the rest of my team. I felt like an outsider, and my manager didn't think that what was happening with my target list was the company's fault. I had a very difficult time feeling that I was worthy of having the job. I wish my manager had my back and had helped me out with creating a strong target list.
Pros
Salary, Work benefits
Cons
Less time spent with family, Long work days, Lots of stress
Pharmaceutical Sales
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, Texas (Former Employee) –  East TexasAugust 13, 2017
making calls on primary care docs and Endos to sell and train on a great product and launch new delivery systems. I loved my territory and the relationships I created in these offices
Pros
Great product, relationships with Drs and staff
Cons
Direct manager
Senior Systems & Equipment Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCAugust 5, 2017
Review emails attend previous shift status during shift pass down. Repair any outstanding issues from previous shift on the production equipment. If any equipment is down attend to placing it back into production as soo as possible.
Pros
great benifits
Cons
Use to be a great company.
Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJAugust 5, 2017
The diabetes market place has changed therefore this company has changed with it. I am grateful for the lessons I learned there. They will be valuable in the future.
Pros
Decent benefits
Cons
Worst management ever!
Bad culture for black people
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJuly 9, 2017
Hate to say it but black people will have a hard time getting into Novo unless you are a contingent worker. It would be nice if that can change under the new CEO..
Pros
Work life balance, and salary is great.
Cons
DOESN'T HIRE BLACK PEOPLE in HR/Talent Acquisition
Cut Throat Environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJJune 30, 2017
Novo used to be a great place to work; offering many opportunities to employees (both personally and professionally).

On the downside, the culture is extremely cut throat, you need to be on your guard at all times. Novo is a high stress environment where working more than 50 hours a week is common to meet extremely tight timelines.

The pay and benefits are great, but you REALLY work for them. At times, you may think that you are doing two full time jobs for the price of one. Just something to think about.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Cut Throat Environment
good money but you will be miserable
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 25, 2017
It used to be a great place o work but the culture has changed completely and it is a terrible place to work currently. The goals are set so high you are doomed to fail. If you are not in the "Good Old Boys" club you will not advance. Work here if you want to make a lot of money and hate your job.
Pros
money
Cons
Horrible management
no review
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 19, 2017
Novo is a great place to work for the benefits and perks. However it is very stressful they are very rigid and constipated which may be the result of a Danish culture.
Pros
Honesty
Cons
Ridigdity
Easy Job, No real challenge, NOT a job for maintenance
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCJune 16, 2017
Working here was easy, the job was easy BUT if you're a well seasoned electrical maintenance tech this job is NOT for you. About 97% of the time you will NOT work on a machine or touch a tool/meter....you will run production while the actual production employees sit back and watch the maintenance guys do their jobs. No real engineers are present, all of them are borderline incompetent...Management is disconnected...stay away if your background is maintenance, no plc schools, no training on machines...nothing! You have been warned...The benefits are outstanding though, and some of the people are great. The pay is average for maintenance, and shifts are 12 on 12 off.....
Pros
Healthcare, Cafeteria on-site, Plenty of vacation
Cons
Not really challenging, no advancement, lack of real engineers or leadership..
Fun work place
Legal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJune 11, 2017
Culture wasn't really established accross company. Good benefits. Good work life balance depending on manager. I did not like the severe Micro management by my boss. No autonomy. No career ladder within my department. No room for growth.
Great place to work for
Medical Device/Clinical Educator (Former Employee) –  RemoteJune 10, 2017
good leadership, great patient interaction, fair compensation, positive work life balance, moderate room for advancement, great colleagues, worth pursuing
fun workplace
Clinical Diabetes Educator II (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 9, 2017
great place to work. provided diabetes education under the sales division. developed relationships with providers and staff. collaborated with diabetes sales specialists.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
no opportunity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novo Nordisk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.