Novo Nordisk, Inc. Employee Reviews

Hospital Accounts
Instituational Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Utah/ NevadaMay 30, 2015
As a hospital account rep I learned alot about creating access and customer engagement. I enjoyed the competitive atmosphere and the chance work hand in hand with some of the most influential healthcare systems in the country.
Overall a great place to work at.
Business Support Coordinator, CTM (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMarch 17, 2015
I tend to work non-stop at my job as I like to keep on top of everything just encase I have an impromptu meeting.
I've learned time management on a tight schedule.
My direct management was very nice and understanding of day to day work load. We would communicate weekly on my workload as I was doing three different jobs: Coding invoices, Contract Management with outside vendors with our Project Managers and archiving contracts from sites, vendors and internal processes.
My coworkers were great. I was lucky on having a team that strived to accomplish.
The hardest part of my job was time on some occasions. Like any job some times things just fell closely together.
I enjoyed my coworkers in the department I was in. It wasn't who could perform better than the other it was a group effort which is sometimes lost when working.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Great product line
Obesity & Diabetes Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coral Springs, FLAugust 31, 2015
Going through a lot of reorganization I was laid off last week. Great pipeline and products. My colleagues where great.
Diabetes Care Specialist selling Levemir, Novolog & launched Victoza
Diabetes Care Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Northbrook, ILJanuary 25, 2015
A typical day at work consisted of convincing physicians to prescribe my products over the competition. Most enjoyable part as educating the physicians on the disease state and closing them on using the product.
Pros
flexibility, salary plus commission, great benefits
Cons
moved to miami with no transfer opportunities
Same information previously provided
Manager - Financial Planning Analysis (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJMarch 14, 2015
Same information previously provided. Established new and innovative processes since I joined Novo Nordisk. Strengthened partnership with Marketing, Finance, and other support functions.
Pros
Same information previously provided
Cons
Same information previously provided
Diabetes Care Specialist
DIABETES CARE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJDecember 31, 2014
During my time at Novo Nordisk, I increased prescriber base by for insulin pens by an average of 10% weekly in the Western Queens territory. One of my successful strategies was organizing “Diabetes Days” in physicians’ offices and pharmacies where I would educate practitioners and staff on the benefits of my product and the ease of use for patients. I also conducted educational seminars for actual patients to make them aware of the impact of the disease if left untreated and help them correlate the use of my product as a suitable treatment option. I can devise equally successful sales strategies as a member of your sales organization and make a positive impact on your market share
Pros
compensation and working with endocrinologists
Cons
territory
excellent
Product Specialist (Current Employee) –  cairoNovember 24, 2014
Organizing appointments and meetings with community and hospital-based healthcare staff
Identifying and establishing new business
Negotiating contracts
Demonstrating/presenting products to healthcare staff including doctors and pharmacists
Undertaking relevant research
Maintaining detailed records
Making presentations
Attending/organizing trade exhibitions, conferences and meetings
Reviewing sales performance
Writing reports and other literature.
Good benefits but not very challenging
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCSeptember 3, 2014
The health benefits are good, pay is average but quarterly benefits are a nice kicker. Company culture is ok there is alot of gossip and poor management but most of the employees are easy to work with. The engineers are borderline incompetent, the work is mundane and repetitive no real challenge. Not a good place to work if you have real world skills working with automated equipment and sophisticated electronic system's. Working there is like living in the lego movie....smile at your neighbors, drink expensive coffee and always follow the instructions. ....
Pros
good health benefits, on site gym, doctor and cafeteria
Cons
poor management, borderline incompetent engineers no real challenge same from day to day
Work with a great group of local reps and local manager excellent
Executive Diabetes Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  MobileJuly 10, 2014
typical work day includes 7-10 provider calls and 1-2 pharmacy calls. I have to manange my time, allocated budget, and to utilize the availible resources to the best of my ability. I have learned to target and develope key relationships to drive business. I work with a great group people in my pod. We are all team players. The hardest part of job is balancing home life with work life. Since I work oput o
Pros
work from home, company car, great benefits, excellent work environment
Cons
work from home, unable to determine goal setting process
Changing job culture and environment
Medical Writer (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJJanuary 22, 2015
Novo Nordisk was once considered a prime place to work; however, in recent years, it has become more like any other company in corporate America. Many employees have exited; in the last year, 23 of the 44 people in my area have left for other companies.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Poor maagement and job culture
Excellent company whom is the world wide leader in diabetes care
Senior Diabetes Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 20, 2015
A typical day involves providing clinical and patient education to primary care nurses, physicians and pharmacists in designated territory.
States they are patient centered which is NOT True
Diabetes Educator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJOctober 16, 2014
difficulty with new manager that did not understand the job
Sales counterparts that did not wish to collaborate
Changing rules on a weekly sometimes daily basis making it difficult to keep up
Pros
excellent benefits package
Cons
newer education program with goals set by a sales matrix, which does not coincide with the details of the job
Contract Position - Develop & Establish Organizational Resilience Program
Corporate Security Consultant (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJSeptember 22, 2014
Developed more robust Security and Emergency Management policies and procedures. Management team was very supportive and caring. This position was an on site Monday through Friday, normal working hours position.
Pros
Great people and great working environment.
Cons
It was only a short term contract.
Strong, successful diabetes company
Diabetes Sales (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COFebruary 4, 2014
I've had the opportunity to work for Novo Nordisk for 9 years and it is a fantastic company to work for. I personally have had the opportunity to work across Global marketing, affiliate marketing and sales execution within 5 countries and am inspired every day by the work and dedication each and every employee adds to making a different in diabetes and hemophilia.

I joined Novo Nordisk because of their dedication to the triple bottom line and their true focus on social responsibility. After 9 years I still stand behind there dedication and am proud to work for Novo Nordisk.
Productive and exciting company to work for.
Randstad Temporary (Former Employee) –  Clayton, NCMarch 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Novo Nordisk , I learned about the Insulin and how to pack it into values, management are great to work with. There was nothing hard about the job and I enjoyed working with the the people.
Pros
thet had a nice breakroom
Excellent Career Opportunity
Project Manager (consultant) (Current Employee) –  Plainsboro, NJNovember 19, 2013
It is a great opportunity to work at Novo Nordisk, Inc. My job as a Project Manager includes designing and developing content material for the Global Training Summit and also working with a vendor to create and maintain the Global Community website.

Every day is a learning process where I grow and develop by interacting with my colleagues in order to reach our business goals. The group of employess that I work with are highly accomplished professionals.

I enjoy every aspect of my job and look forward to coming to work daily.
Not what it used to be
Former employee in marketing (Current Employee) –  Princeton, njMay 15, 2013
I loved working here and over the past few months it turned into all the other pharma companies, cut-throat dishonesty, back-stabbing just to get ahead. The managers don't manage or help others beneath them and upper management level doesn't care...they say they put the patient at the center of everything they do...to bad they don't put their employees instead! Zero work life balance and the same 30 people get the high ratings at the end of the year...very sad because it is no longer the company I loved. Also no pension, and they raise your contributions towards health benefits each year.
Pros
free soda
Cons
no work life balance and no flexible work policy
Driven Pharmaceutical organization with fair and ethical work philosophy.
Contingent Systems and Data Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 25, 2013
Displayed close attention to detail and synthetic analysis while utilizing databases and tools such as One Stop Shop, Siperian, QPharma, Health Grades, and search engines while working cooperatively with a team of data stewards to manage/cleanse data systems and preserve information integrity. Regularly made proficient use of Windows XP, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft Access.
Pros
excellent company
Cons
contingent/short-term position
Great compensation but beware
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Mid-westMay 6, 2013
An innovative and challenging company to work for which has high standards.
Work life balance is frequently discussed but is a myth.
Management is suspicious of everyone.
Co-workers are generally very supportive, talented, and collaborative people to work with.
The metrics keep changing and become impossible to manage.
The most enjoyable part of the job are your co-workers and the compensation.

Corporate culture is focused towards helping patients with diabetes but is really all about profit
Pros
Perqs galore
Cons
Paranoia is supreme and they dummy down everything
Excellent Training Program
In House CRA (Former Employee) –  Princeton, NJApril 30, 2014
Novo Nordisk offers an excellent in-house training program for the members of the clinical study teams.
Complete review of FDA, ICH, CFR regulations,
and review of all aspects of clinical research conduct.
Therapeutic concentration in areas of metabolism with emphasis on diabetes disease and control.

Also has mentoring program to assist new members of team with daily procedures and misc. questions.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Novo Nordisk, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.