The NovoEd Team is looking for frontend developers to build the most advanced online learning environment.
- Designing a (cross) culturally-relevant learning environment that is easy to use for millions of students from a wide variety of socio-demographic backgrounds
- Architecturing a social news feed to stream relevant student-generated content, including projects and forum posts, while protecting academic integrity and privacy
- Designing a scalable, modular and test-driven frontend framework and architecture
- Building a custom A/B testing framework for cross-class and ethnographic testing
- Visualizing complex student and class data to highlight useful insights
- Ensuring students on the go can watch videos, submit assignments, and interact in class from their mobile device
- Seamlessly integrating students’ existing online behaviors and social paradigms with their learning experience on NovoEd
- Engineering synchronous collaborative work environments that can support hundreds of simultaneous users
We use JQuery, SASS, Compass, CSS3, HTML5, bootstrap, backbone.js and HAML in our frontend. Working knowledge of these languages and frameworks is a plus.