We are looking for a highly motivated and energetic professional for a full time position as a Medical Device Electro-Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineer. This is a new position created to support an expanding operation for commercialization of a recently FDA approved product for the treatment of brain tumors. The position will involve being lead technical position for the US device service operation and participation in device continuing engineering and new product development.
This is an exempt full-time position reporting to the COO and is located in the US Operations Center in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.
Key Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Lead technical resource for a complaint investigation and repair depot for an electronic medical device with access to electrical and software engineering resources
- Design and refine repair and refurbishment processes
- Investigate device failures for root cause and recommend corrective action
- Participate in and provide technical leadership for the mechanical engineering portion of a new product design effort utilizing a local design and mechanical engineering partner
- Serve as primary technical resource for the US HQ for ongoing continuing engineering efforts for support of released product line
- Act as liaison between US operation and main engineering team based in Israel
Educational Prerequisites and Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- At least 7 years experience as a mechanical, electro-mechanical, or manufacturing engineer in a production electronic device environment
- Experience with electronics packaging, connectors, cables, molded enclosures
- CAD and GD&T (geometric dimensioning and tolerancing) skills required
- Experience with manufacturing process control a plus
- Medical device experience and familiarity with FDA QSR’s and ISO 13485 preferred
- Ability to draft clear engineering and process documents
- Must demonstrate excellent follow-up and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds
- May require travel on occasion, both domestic and international
- Must be eligible to work in the U.S
Performance Behavior Competencies:
The following list describes the performance behaviors necessary to meet the minimum requirements.
- Attitude & Enthusiasm: Must have a positive, “can do” attitude.
- Communication: Be able to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Dependability/Perseverance: always willing to go the extra mile to complete projects on schedule.
- Flexibility: Can accept change and is flexible toward change. Have the ability to redirect work and priorities to be in alignment with the strategic corporate goals. Counted on to achieve objectives and be flexible to take on other tasks when required.
- Judgment: Be able to make sound judgments and escalate when in doubt.
- Planning/Scheduling: Handle multiple projects and priorities in order to meet required deadlines. Ability to plan ahead and foresee company needs.
- Professionalism: adhere to a high level of professionalism by demonstrating ethical behavior.
- Teamwork: work with others in contributing to the overall success of the company.
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply via the following link:
Novocure™ is a private commercial-stage oncology company dedicated to the advancement of tumor treating fields TTF therapy for patients with solid tumors. TTF therapy is an innovative antimitotic treatment that attempts to slow or reverse tumor progression by inducing tumor cell death.
Our company pioneered the concept that the electric properties of cells can be used as an effective target for an anti-neoplastic therapy. Founded by Professor Yoram Palti in 2000, Novocure has grown to become a global organization with employees in six countries. We have been fortunate throughout our expansion to attract a world class team with a shared passion to provide cancer patients with a new treatment option.
Novocure’s US operations are based in Portsmouth, NH. The Global Commercialization Team is located in New York City and the company maintains a research facility in Haifa, Israel.