NOVOLEX Employee Reviews

Stressful, few breaks
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WISeptember 9, 2017
If you're ok working 12hrs, in a hot environment, with no or few breaks, this is the place for you. Going in, I was told the company gives two 10min breaks and one 30min break for lunch. Thats laughable. I was lucky to get one 20 min break on my first day. The only response from HR was that they'd talk to my manager. The next shift I asked for a break twice and never got one. That was my last day there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Lack of breaks, lack of care from HR
do not work here
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Shawano, WISeptember 2, 2017
12 hour shifts with no set break supervisors never want to cover for you for break almost have to beg no room for advancement three days on two days off get off every other weekend $13.00/hour start
Pros
good pay
Cons
almost everything
Unprofessional and poor management
Packer Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carrollton, TXAugust 16, 2017
Horrible place to work! I wouldn't wish my worst enemy to work there.The shifts are already long and they still force overtime on you. The job is very hectic, and the employees can be devious towards one another.
Cons
Very short breaks
Safety
Warehouse Lead / Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDAugust 10, 2017
Going home at the end of the shift with all of my body parts and/or limbs. it's always a good day when your family member does not get a call asking you to get you from the emergency room.
Pros
Free meal after a good safety run
Cons
Getting safety points deduction for someone's unsafe act
buena empresa pero compañeros desagradables
Manufactura (Former Employee) –  los angeles CAAugust 9, 2017
el trabajo era sencillo por mi experiencia en anteriores pero mi compañera era muy desesperante
Pros
buen supervisor y fácil aprendizaje cursos constantes
Cons
malos compañeros
Stressful
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDAugust 2, 2017
While I was there it was a very phisically demanding job. The pace was blistering. It was tough for me to keep up with the juggling act that needed to be done. Also the schedule moved around a lot making it difficult to plan things with friends or family.
Great Pay flexible schedule no hardwork but terrible working conditions
Bag Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 24, 2017
You come in and a industrial machine used to create plastic bags. Change paint, templates for the bags, and the plastic bag into the machine every four hours. Yourself is responsible for any mechanical issue with the machine like paper jams, loose screws, and etc. The working conditions are in a warehouse and there is no climate control which makes the environment very stressful but great pay. You work twelve hour shifts and have your entire schedule for the year which is beneficial also a rotating schedule which in my eyes is a advantage for the employees.
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
working conditions
long hours! very hot
Winder Operator (Current Employee) –  North Vernon, INJuly 24, 2017
It's very hard to move up the pay scale. Mandatory overtime isn't a joy either. 12 hour days. But if you are a workaholic this is definitely the job for you.
Treated like dirt by production manager
Operator (Current Employee) –  Alsip, ILJuly 23, 2017
This WAS a great place to work until they hired a new production manager, He talks to employees who have been here for years as if they are dirt. All he cares about is keeping the machines running yet they preach safety constantly. He has no idea how to run or repair the machines but will be the first to yell at you if your not making production so he can look good to upper management.
Pros
Pay, benefits and coworkers
Cons
Production manager
okay job
FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, TXJune 21, 2017
It was Ok. Better to have a job than not to have one. Lunch was the best part of it all. Very hot in the warehouse during the summer. Stay Hydrated lol
Pros
lunch
Cons
cant move up

Want to know more about NOVOLEX?

Ask a question
Good People on production floor
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJune 18, 2017
I was there a few months and love working with the operators, weakness at this company was no training or help as a supervisor and after a few days left without guide of flow.
Pros
Production Operators.
Cons
Getting paid once a month...
Decent job with good people and great benefits
Machine Operator/Fork Lift Operator (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FL 32254June 16, 2017
The company overall is a good place to work, however, the pay is not that great and the work conditions (temperature) are extremely uncomfortable, which has a big impact on overall attitude about the job.
Pros
Decent people, fair treatment, works with schedule and great benefits
Cons
Pay not enough, work environment too hot and extremely uncomfortable
Great
Printing press operator (Former Employee) –  Tolleson, AZJune 14, 2017
Great place to work and many opportunities to advance. I left to go to school and feel compfortable that they would re-hire me if needed. Management is very caring and helpful.
You have to get in the click of managers
Operator (Current Employee) –  AlsipApril 25, 2017
Untrustworthy , do not respect or trust management, ,a lot of favoritism..terrible. Made jobs for management who have nothing to do just gave them a job ,!!! No leader ship.i would not want this crew run my business all managers do is smoke and watch us work. Sounds nice!!!!!!
Pros
No one in charge, great people ( operators )
Cons
Whatching the confusion, can't figure how to keep machines running

Comment – July 17, 2017

You forgot loyalty ,dedication ,hardworking .these items do not come into play.managemnt will throw you under the bus then back up to save there job. This is going on now during continuous improvement program

Not people orientated
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXApril 19, 2017
Horrible work environment. Plant management is horrendous. Complete disregard to the way they talk with individuals. Hostile environment. Stay far away if possible.
Job that I enjoyed Great People to work with
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lebanon, TNApril 17, 2017
Recently the region that I serviced was in Old Saybrook. This plant was closed due to restructure and as a result my job was abolished. I totally loved job enjoyed all the people I worked with. Customers in the northeast region have been a joy to work with. This job was a busy job in which I totally enjoyed. Always learning something new in this position.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
Restructure causing closure
Good
Packer (Former Employee) –  Villa Rica, GAApril 15, 2017
Novolex is a very good company fun to work with sometimes you may occur a problem but it gives you exprience to learn and grow and help you realize the problem an able to solve them in a timely mannner
If you like sweating for 12 hours, you'll like it here.
Machine Tender (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDMarch 25, 2017
The Idaho plant is probably one of the better facilities to work for in the company, but I still wouldn't suggest it. Temps reach over 100 degrees in the summer in the cool areas. The plant has run off most of the talent in the valley and will hire anyone who can breathe which means the better employees pick up the slack most of the time. They also have a huge turnover rate causing a ton of forced overtime - great if you don't have a life. The plant also had a recent expansion by installing old, worn-out machines which continues to plague literally everyone, including their customers. I will give management some credit - they do focus a lot on safety (until it messes with their production numbers) and do provide better than average pay and benefits.
Pros
Good pay/benefits
Cons
Environment
No work/life balance
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Alsip, ILMarch 8, 2017
Too much turnover, not much training, focused on numbers, poor management There is not good communication from the Plant and Production manager to the workforce.
Pros
Cons
Forced overtime
Not a place for the timid.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Milesburg, PAMarch 2, 2017
A typical day is 12 hours of non-stop sweating in a workplace I'll never advance in because I'm not in any of the "circles of advancement."

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NOVOLEX. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9