Now CFO Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Book keeper company, lousy career prospects and hostile partners
Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CASeptember 16, 2016
I don't have four hours, so I'll be brief:
1. Partners automatically discount work product, paints highly degraded picture of work being provided.
2. Peers are glorified book keepers, no sense of US GAAP, best practices in accounting or common sense. You feel as if these are community college children who know how to spell Quickbooks.
3. Partner will throw staff under there the bus at a moments notice without discussion and without provocation.
4. Partner does not know how to manage clients expectations, only going for billable hours and partner will not care for input from staff or perspective.
5. The NowCFO Organization reeks of desperation and uses pricing to attain market presence. Pricing is manipulated to entice in short term, long term there is no value as the perception of the service is cheap.
Pros
Cons
See review above
Great managers, very low pay
Consultant/Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington StateSeptember 8, 2016
I started working with NowCFO working with a great client with what seemed to be general accounting work. After some time that work changed. I went with the flow and I'm feeling more like I'm doing analyst work than accounting work for minimum wage pay. I can barely pay my bills and there's no clear answer when or if I'll ever be paid more. Only threats of keeping the client happy and expanding the market. I like my upper management. And enjoy the client I work for. There is no company culture really. And that's fine. I just wish I was compensated fairly for what I do. I browse through entry level accountant and analyst positions that start out at $55-75k per year. I'm literally at home every evening working until 3am on my work because there isn't enough time in the day to finish it and there's so much pressure on me to make deadlines.
Pros
I work for great clients.
Cons
Low pay.
Very productive and concise work environment
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 4, 2014
Provide business knowledge and operations support for systems development. Work closely with project members and requesters identifying deliverables and functions throughout the project lifecycle. Investigative Accounting, decreasing corporate loss, production costs, and organization costs.
Overall Summary at Now CFO
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 26, 2014
Now CFO provided me with an accelerated learning curve in the accounting field. As a young professional, I have assisted with filing a 10-K and a couple of 10-Qs for a public oil and gas company, as well as assisting with various audits, reconciling accounts, assessments of company deficiencies, financial statement reporting, etc. all in the same year. A typical day at work varies from client to client. As a consultant, my duties varied from reconciling accounts, to producing financial statements. I have worked as an interim controller/CFO as well as assisting clients at a Sr. accountant level. The hardest part of the job is that a consultant will encounter a constant process of cleaning up the client's books. My co-workers come from different backgrounds in the accounting field, but generally are all very easy to work with, and very helpful with one another. I would strongly recommend this company to those who prefer constant challenges, are determined to find the answer, and have a knowledgeable background in accounting.