Now Courier Employee Reviews in United States

Terrible company to work for.
Courier/ Independent contrator (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in IndianaDecember 14, 2012
First off the pay 'sounds' great, about $20/hr..ish, then you realize that it isn't that much after paying for your own gas, and the upkeep on your 'own' vehicle. As a route driver I work 6 nights a week at about 5-7 hrs a night, which isn't too bad, then you begin to miss having weekends. You start off being released to go on your route at a decent time, then after a bit, they decide to push your release time back by a couple of hours without warning.... then you are lucky to even be released on time then (constantly 1-2 hours late). As a contractor, don't expect many holidays off, other than Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years... hopefully. Also, don't expect any benefits, or even receiving your check on time (if you opt in for them to mail it to you, they don't do direct deposit). Now, if that isn't really enough to get you to work for this company, they LOVE to add on extra stops to your route without any extra pay (I'm guessing so the management gets a better bonus). And just to top it all off, after you pay extra for 'premium' insurance, you must also pay this company for extra cargo insurance, pay for your uniform, and pay the rent on a signature pad.
Bottom line, this place treats you like an employee (which I might just take up with the IRS), but without the benefits. There are no opportunities to advance, and again, after paying for gas, oil changes, general upkeep on your vehicle, you are making barely more than $9.00/hr, but without benefits. Better off at a "McJob"
With that said, I'm finding new work ASAP. I recommend skipping this company. Cheers. :)
Pros
great job if you want to kill your vehicle, love low pay, and enjoy working towards nothing.
Cons
pay, hours, management, i could go on forever.
Driver
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2013
delivering packages from 1 business or residence to another
Pros
set your own hours
Cons
have to work long hours to make money
Its a good job and work is available. But its not long term
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 13, 2014
Work is valuable when its needed. If you show up every day and do your job you will always have one at NOW Courier.

The difficulty is driving long routes in winter weather and maintaining you vehicle. Those are inherent obstacles.

But if you are reliable, work is available.
Pros
if you can work independently, you will do well.
Cons
you are driving your own vehicle and you must maintain it.
family owned business, very personable and energizing company to work for.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2012
As an independent contractor I had the advantage of creating my own schedule. i would log on to let dispatch know I was available for work and then wait for jobs to come up. i then confirmed jobs and drove to dispatch for pick-up. I drove mostly the state of which I lived in but I did some cross country driving as well as international hand carries.
getting time sensitive material delivered in timely fashion.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2014
Picked up different things day to day and delivered to destination on time. The hardest part was dealing with people who had road rage and the ever increasing gas prices.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the people I dealt with on a daily basis.
I enjoy this job because it flexible
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2012
The hardest part of this job is driving, because it require a lot driving
I like the benefit of working with this organization
It take a lot of self discipline to be working independently
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cost is more than revenue
If you like driving and working independently, this is a great job
Courier (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 21, 2013
I love this job because I am finished with work no later than 12 noon and some days before that. I love the businesses I deliver to. Now Courier is a good company to work for.
I was an indendant contractor, not an actual employee for Now
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2013
This job has a great deal of flexability regarding your schedule, but I found the pay to be to low for my lifestyle.