NOW Courier Employee Reviews

worse job ever
Box Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INOctober 24, 2016
job sucks and management also they don't give u the tools to do the job they set u up for failure it's embarrassing to be put out there like that and the straight pay they work u a lot of hours and u don't get time and a half all straight pay u are getting ripped off and over worked from Now Courier sad company to work for save your self the the trouble please
Pros
u get a lot of hours of straight time
Cons
u even work on holidays
Good place if you do not want to have a life.
Worker (Former Employee) –  IndianaJune 26, 2016
This company talks the talk about making sure you had work and home balance, but that definitely does not happen. The bosses take advantage of each employee and have extreme attitude when you couldn't do something. Never really have vacation time, even when you request for it off. Also, if you do not answer your phone, you can expect them to call your spouse looking for you.
Pros
Air conditioned
Cons
Bosses, attitudes, no flexibility
Fast paced work place
Courier/Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne INOctober 30, 2014
Would run routines everyday within hospitals around the area of Fort Wayne.
Boring and unpredictable
Driver Courier (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INSeptember 6, 2014
Well my day could start off busy but my services are rearly called upon, so I sit at home just waiting. This is very boring to me, I like to be busy and this company does not keep me busy. I feel needed when the nursing staff are thankful that i have arrive so quickly with the medications that the patients are in need of.
If I learn anything from this position is that people with more time at this company are the only ones who really benifit from them, and the little guy is only call out for the stuff that the, lets say the other guys won't do." Also the driving; can sometimes be aggravating because you might have to return to some locations more then once and maybe right after you leave.
To me management does not look at the quality of work from his contractors do, I see favortism. When I have asked about being put on rtes or anything i have kind of just been push to the side and friends or they will hire others to fill position i have requested and will be told i like you as a skipper. There's no room for advancement in this company. I am a go getter and that is disapointing, but i have to work so this is what i'm stuck with.
The co-workers that i have met are very nice, being that we are independant contractors we do not see alot of each other.
The hardest part of this job is if you do not work you do not make money, and that all depends on who hands out the work.
If they keep me busy then it makes me feel like I acually have a job.
Pros
It's a easy job. You are paid weekly.
Cons
boring, no money earned
Its a good job and work is available. But its not long term
Route Driver (Current Employee) –  Merrillville, INJuly 13, 2014
Work is valuable when its needed. If you show up every day and do your job you will always have one at NOW Courier.

The difficulty is driving long routes in winter weather and maintaining you vehicle. Those are inherent obstacles.

But if you are reliable, work is available.
Pros
If you can work independently, you will do well.
Cons
You are driving your own vehicle and you must maintain it.
getting time sensitive material delivered in timely fashion.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 30, 2014
Picked up different things day to day and delivered to destination on time. The hardest part was dealing with people who had road rage and the ever increasing gas prices.
The most enjoyable part was getting to know the people I dealt with on a daily basis.
If you like driving and working independently, this is a great job
Courier (Current Employee) –  Elmhurst, ILOctober 21, 2013
I love this job because I am finished with work no later than 12 noon and some days before that. I love the businesses I deliver to. Now Courier is a good company to work for.
Driver
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 22, 2013
delivering packages from 1 business or residence to another
Pros
Set your own hours
Cons
Have to work long hours to make money
I was an indendant contractor, not an actual employee for Now
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 14, 2013
This job has a great deal of flexability regarding your schedule, but I found the pay to be to low for my lifestyle.
Terrible company to work for.
Courier/ Independent contrator (Current Employee) –  Somewhere in IndianaDecember 14, 2012
First off the pay 'sounds' great, about $20/hr..ish, then you realize that it isn't that much after paying for your own gas, and the upkeep on your 'own' vehicle. As a route driver I work 6 nights a week at about 5-7 hrs a night, which isn't too bad, then you begin to miss having weekends. You start off being released to go on your route at a decent time, then after a bit, they decide to push your release time back by a couple of hours without warning.... then you are lucky to even be released on time then (constantly 1-2 hours late). As a contractor, don't expect many holidays off, other than Christmas, Thanksgiving, and New Years... hopefully. Also, don't expect any benefits, or even receiving your check on time (if you opt in for them to mail it to you, they don't do direct deposit). Now, if that isn't really enough to get you to work for this company, they LOVE to add on extra stops to your route without any extra pay (I'm guessing so the management gets a better bonus). And just to top it all off, after you pay extra for 'premium' insurance, you must also pay this company for extra cargo insurance, pay for your uniform, and pay the rent on a signature pad.
Bottom line, this place treats you like an employee (which I might just take up with the IRS), but without the benefits. There are no opportunities to advance, and again, after paying for gas, oil changes, general upkeep on your vehicle, you are making barely more than $9.00/hr, but without benefits. Better off at a "McJob"
With that said, I'm finding new work ASAP. I recommend skipping this company. Cheers. :)
Pros
great job if you want to kill your vehicle, love low pay, and enjoy working towards nothing.
Cons
pay, hours, management, i could go on forever.
I enjoy this job because it flexible
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 24, 2012
The hardest part of this job is driving, because it require a lot driving
I like the benefit of working with this organization
It take a lot of self discipline to be working independently
Pros
flexibility
Cons
cost is more than revenue
family owned business, very personable and energizing company to work for.
Courier (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 7, 2012
As an independent contractor I had the advantage of creating my own schedule. i would log on to let dispatch know I was available for work and then wait for jobs to come up. i then confirmed jobs and drove to dispatch for pick-up. I drove mostly the state of which I lived in but I did some cross country driving as well as international hand carries.