NOW FOODS Employee Reviews in United States

No management support - the employees run the day to day
QC Micro Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 1, 2015
The employees complain on a weekly if not daily basis, there is no support for the middle management personnel and it's somewhat of a convoluted mess when the employees have more power and can make a supervisors job more difficult than it needs to be.

Again no support for middle management. Too many games to play to maintain a career track with this company.
Pros
Paid lectures, good benefits
Cons
No support from upper management, hourly employees complain too much
Getting better
General labor (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVAugust 24, 2015
Getting better because of an addition of second shift in distribution. Coworkers are pleasant and fun for the most part. OT has decreased. Morale has increased a little. Corporate team rewards employees with very nice logo items several times per years (shirts, coats, etc.). Company lunches are yummy. Nice to have stability without fear of a layoff. Quarterly bonuses are generous. Ease in using PTO for vacations, doctor appointments and commitments. Employees are becoming friendlier and organizing birthday parties and potlucks. Work days are fairly predictable. We all want to strangle each other at times but we all care about one another on a personal level. That makes coming to work nice.
Pros
Benefits, PTO, flexible attendance policy, generous discipline policy, conflict resolution program, catered lunches, quarterly bonuses, climate controlled, plentiful parking
Cons
Important rules not enforced, emphasis on speed over quality, high damage rate, management will not put a stop to poor behavior, slow progress on modernizing tools and processes and procedures, a few unecessesarily large egos, some annoying slackers who make work difficult for others, ineffective warm-up exercises cause physical pain
Now Food was a wonderful workpace, I loved how they treated their employees I loved the oppertunity to be trained on so many lines
Package Handler/Sorter/ operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMay 4, 2016
I loved Now Foods, I felt a great honor to work there, they are very fair and treat their employees with the up most respect. so many opportunities to move up the only things I disliked was having to wait a whole year to move up in positions and shifts, even though I was already running in those positions just couldn't get paid the proper pay for the knowledge until a year was up, 6 months seems more fair. I also disliked so much mandatory overtime that I was there literally every day go into work Sunday night get off Saturday morning back again Sunday night.Another wonderful benefit was we got the same bonus that the CEO got!
Pros
Filling out all 12 items on safety card, 25$ gc to century, catered lunch by Whole foods, sweater
Cons
Short breaks for sure, considering how much you stand, too many mandatory overtime hours.
Some co workers are good but some has attitudes and lazy
Blender (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVDecember 2, 2015
Bonuses are good and free stuffs.but other than that they focus more on production.qc thinks theyre the boss.first shift is the priority they always give them the big runs.then after 2 pm they always say "change plans" then goes the short runs.it happens 4 of 5 days a week.
Pros
Free lunch and get a gift on your birthday month.hr is hot.
Cons
Too may bosses.joe is racist.
Great company
Processing Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVNovember 17, 2015
Fun place to work. Great management team. Enjoyed receiving bonuses every three months. Overall great environment to work in, and great experience.
Great co workers and good job security.
Analytical Chemist (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILApril 12, 2015
A great company to work for with great co workers. Management is pretty understandable and flexible when unforeseen stuff happens in life. Work life balance is very reasonable as well.
Pros
Job security, great people to work with, and great starting company.
Cons
Little chance for job advancement/ little chance to learn new instrumentation.
Great place if your focus isn't money
QA Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILSeptember 13, 2014
Now has a great, comfortable culture and work environment. They don't pay all that great but have a great many other benefits, from 401k to Healthcare to just free stuff for the staff. expect to work hard but be appreciated and have a lot of job security.
I Love this job. My major is in Biology. I got to work in a lab where I did In-processing testing raw materials
Quality Control Lab Tech Inspector (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 3, 2014
Management was helpful and supplied me with excellent training. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with different products and performing test on products like Taste, Smell, Weight, Height. Length and doing test Powders and Vitamins.
Pros
nice staff, friendly team members, compensation great, great management
Cons
short breaks
Great easy going people and great company to be a part of
BLENDING HELPER (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVApril 4, 2014
Great place to work. Everyone got along. Management was their to help employees and actually cared about employees. Great benefits, quarterly and yearly bonus. Major discounts on all products. Weekends off, Voluntary overtime, Basketball court and ping pong tables.
Pros
great environment and employees
Cons
a lot of down time
Productive and good place to work for.
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILSeptember 19, 2015
I enjoy working for Now Foods and feel very proud when I see the final product displayed in the shelf of the Fruitful Yield store, which is own also by Now Foods.
Pros
We all work and see each other like a familly
Cons
I would like to earn more norey
NOW Foods
QA (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILApril 17, 2015
It's not a bad place to work when it comes to the culture and the people. The pay is a little below market value.
They have a tendency to put band-aids on problems without ever really fixing them.
While those of us who have been there for a while don't get much chance at promotion, there are people who come in from pharma backgrounds who get pushed right up the ladder.
Pros
The insurance is great.
Lost that which made its name
Vitamin Line Packaging Operator (Former Employee) –  Sparks, NVMarch 24, 2015
Now Foods was a very friendly and professional place to work with a management team which cared deeply about their personnel. Unfortunately management changed from the family which started the company to people which have a desire for control rather than quality and safety. I have seen the push for production in place of quality and safety numerous times. I would hope that the Richards family will take back the reigns of the company and go back to the professional and friendly work ethic which made the Now Foods brand a quality product.
Pros
None anymore
Cons
Lack of quality, care, concern and respectability.
healthy company
Forklift/Shipping Operator (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJuly 18, 2014
good company they take good care of their employees,good pay and benefits
Good
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 10, 2014
A good company to work with, good management and trainning was provided to new employees. The only con is that they don't offer opportunities to move u to better positions.
Fast paced workplace and great for getting experience.
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILFebruary 19, 2014
The typical workday is fast-paced. I gained a lot of valuable experience at Now Foods. The management is constantly making changes, some good and some bad. The work environment is good with co-workers. The hardest part of the job is fulfilling some of the unrealistic requirements by management. The most enjoyable part of the job is constant trying and learning new instrumentation.
Healthy people and Now Foods
QC Inspector I (Current Employee) –  Sparks, NVOctober 17, 2013
I have only been with Now Foods a short time, but it is apparent that this company is devoted to helping people be healthy. We have exercise equipment for the workers, including a ping-pong table and an indoor basketball area. Now Foods provides employees with Organic Fruit on selected days of the month.
The hardest part of the job is coordinating communication between three shifts, and the most enjoyable part of my job is that I have a huge part in keeping people safe and healthy.
Pros
employee appreciation lunches
Cons
managing all three shift communications
management is clueless HR is not for the people, they work for management. you can complain to hr and you get written up
employee (Former Employee) –  bloomingdaleJune 6, 2012
management is clueless
HR is not for the people, they work for management.
you can complain to hr and you get written up
always love to work.and its good for your life
warehouse stocker and forklift driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILJanuary 6, 2013
pick customer order and operate all kind of forklift.and always safety come first ,really good company to work with.
Pros
yes.it is good company and they always have something for employee and we all are like family.
Cons
everything is good.and it is really good place to stick around for your future opportunity
First office job
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILOctober 28, 2012
 Handled credit applications for collections with vendors
 Updated files weekly
 Ran reports for managers
 Processed bi-weekly bank statements
 Entered new suppliers into ORACLE
 Assisted Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable and Credit & Collections
 Processed billing invoices for store locations
You'll learn some things but in no way a long term solution.
Chemist I (Current Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILMay 25, 2012
This company needs work. It's a small company that has got too big for its britches and the workers suffer due to it.
Pros
experience with instrumentation.
Cons
too many to list.