NPAS Employee Reviews

Its a job
Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 7, 2016
Nothing spectacular about this job. If you are looking for an honest wage for a honest days work then this might be the place for you. If you are looking for a career I wouldn't recomend NPAS.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Long days and kind of boring.
typical day at work
account or insurance resolution specialist (Current Employee) –  bedford txJuly 16, 2012
a typical day at work is to go in and get on the phone and verify billing info for the worker compensation insurance to send the bill and to speak a little to guarnator to help reach or get a good number to reach place of employment , i learned from management that to keep the company business first , my co- worker are hard working people that need a job was in a place as myself was out for a long period of time receive the call from the company and took it because it was a source of income . the hardest part of my job is asking the same thing over and over again that annoy the insurance representative and myself and if you do not ask you are counted off for it . The most enjoyable part of my job is to meet new people and go through trial and tribute with other that understand you and what you are talking about and the many activity they have . .
Pros
free lunches, team building activity
Cons
strict quality rules, not enough training for the position
Stressful Work Environment
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2015
Working here has its perks. The pay is decent for what we have to deal with. They are not very flexible when it comes to emergent family situations or anything else not revolving around work. Management is very spotty and unreliable.
Pros
Free lunches, food trucks
Cons
Short breaks, poor management, poor flexibility
it was decent until...
Preview collections specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, kyMarch 26, 2015
I worked in the preview(high dollar) department from April 2014-Feb 2015. It was decent until they started adding more work from other departments to us. The work load increased but the pay did not. I also hated their HIPAA regulations. The rules were always changing regarding who can speak and who could not. I understood HIPAA policy however, their guidelines were extreme. A person would call in on their account and if they so much as got a piece of their information incorrect, we couldn't speak with them which was very annoying. I appreciated the bonuses WHEN I BONUSED but it became rare. I truly believed the management was giving higher paying accounts to others so they could bonus, making it difficult for everyone else to bonus. I kind of liked it there, but I will NEVER work for their company again
Pros
gift cards for overtime, the monthly floor meetings and employee recognition
Cons
the pay
call center
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYOctober 20, 2015
if you work their be prepared to argue on the phone with customers due to the nature of the job good environment complete numbers game when working
Lots of meetings.
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJuly 1, 2015
A typical day was 8 hours with a head set on, speaking with customers about hospital bills. We had many meetings every month. The stats and goals the company wanted its employees to meet were almost impossible and unrealistic. The guidelines for collecting on the bills were very hard to stick to especially when the customer is telling you no for every option but you are not allowed to skip any options.
micromanaged to the point of suffocation
Service Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 29, 2015
From the onset of getting hired the trainer and the culture of this company was stifling. I would NOT recommend this job to ANYONE they do not value you as a person a they're constantly hiring due to the high turn over rate.
Great job with great people.No room for advancment.
Customer Service Provider (Current Employee) –  Bedford,TXAugust 30, 2012
My job consist of calling Tricare insurance company and veteran affair facilities for billing purposes. It is a fast pace environment with strict account handling procedures. I multitask and complete accounts with a certain percentage of accuracy and skill. I work very closely with policy holders and billing representatives to work accounts start to finish.
Pros
great co workers, family enviroment
Cons
health benefit expencies, limited room for advancement
Productive and Fun Place to work!
Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 27, 2015
A typical day at work would be hundreds of calls inbound or outbound.
Management is friendly easy to talk to, but never on the same page.
Co-Workers are great always showing willingness to help.
Cons
low pay caps out at 15.55 for evening workers and about 14.00 for 1st shift
The management team was very fair and open.
Insurance Billing Specialist HMO Unit (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TxApril 2, 2015
The company is a great company to work for overall and it was wonderful experience. The management team is hard working and have a open door policy and I can't complain.
Don't waste your time
Dialer (Former Employee) –  Louisville kyMarch 20, 2014
At first this was a decent place to work. After they discovered I was pregnant it became horrible. You only get 45 min a month for restroom breaks and they aren't understanding about doctors appointments or emergencies at all. I would bring in doctors notes and they wouldn't excuse the time away from work. They pay is good but nothing is ever good enough for them. I eventually quit because they wouldn't let me switch to day shift after my daughter was born even tho there were positions available. It is very hard to move up in the company unless you're a suck up
Pros
the work is easy
Cons
not very understanding, always demands more, it is very hard to move up
NPAS was a small workplace were teamwork was always displayed in order to meet individual and company goals.
Medical Collection & Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXFebruary 12, 2015
 Assisted customers with outstanding balances on hospital bills.
 Put my negotiation skills to test with customers to obtain their financial obligations.
 Handled inbound and outbound calls.
 Verified medical insurance information.
 Assisted customers in setting up payment arrangements.
Was in all a good place to work.
Service Unit Representative (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 23, 2014
I learned how to deal with customers over the phone. Was taught several different systems to use. The hardest part of the job was being able to meet the required quota of phone calls per hour to keep your postition. You had to get 14 calls an hour done and sometimes you would be stuck on one call for 45 minutes to over an hour. This made it hard to get the quota required. The atmosphere was good and co-workers were great to get along with. I loved my manager.
Pros
was able to make up time if you had a doctor appointment during the day.
Cons
standard of quota for calls too high.
Hospital Collections
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 8, 2012
The company states that they are all about the employees and care about you, but I found the exact opposite. The job is terrible (calling people about their overdue accounts never is) and the management staff does little to make you feel wanted and appreciated.
Pros
monthly meetings
Cons
no appreciation, very tough job
Best places to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Louisville KyJanuary 3, 2012
This was voted on of the best places to work in Kentucky and it was. The management was very open and honest. The company always let each employee know that they were appreciated and needed. Even though this was a great company to work for it was almost impossible to move anywhere in this company.
Pros
great management
Cons
hard to excel
Healthcare Collections Call Center
Controller (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYDecember 29, 2014
Healthcare Collections Call Center with primary focus on managing client receivables with emphasis on patient satisfaction, ultimate goal in ongoing continued relationship with patients. Parent is a publically traded company with thousands of employees in various states and Europe. Website HCA.com
high pace -very stressful at times
Collections Specialist/Private Pay Dialer (Current Employee) –  Blankenbaker PkwyApril 19, 2013
high pace very stressful at times. Good company to work for...A very professional company.
Pros
bonus incentive...overtime allowed if necessary
Cons
different work schedules allowed ...which is great

2.7