NPC International Employee Reviews in United States

Say one thing do another
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDMay 29, 2016
I have worked for NPC for a while now and the upper level management there is horrid. Never have I had to do so much work just to get ignored when I needed to consult them with a problem. They have a hard time paying a decent wage and when you get to a point you are comfortable they change it all up on you.
Pros
Food, People
Cons
Management and Recognition
Great job if you have the right boss
Restaurant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, WAMay 26, 2016
With the right management the job is great. They are a larger company with stores throughout the US so if you plan to move they likely have a store in your area
horrible horrible
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMay 20, 2016
Upper management for the actual restaurant sucks!! I was terminated after being a manager for 6 years for a driver threatening my life. Store manager stood and watched the whole thing and lied on me smh. Never get raises smh just not worth the headache
Pizza Parties and Dessert contest with some incentive
CSR (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 21, 2016
Clock in retrieve you're head-set and entertainment i.e. coloring book, reading book etc. After the basics of training on how to operate the system....I learned that people where always out to get something for nothing. Management was a nightmare, you not only had you're team lead some days, but at any given time you may have 5 or 6 managers with different opinions on the grey areas and they are all being micromanaged by one boss with no backbone when it came to saying no to any circumstance.
Co-workers where shifty most of the time though I did have at one time 4 to 7 friends working there, my Husband and brother-in-law.
The people where the hardest to deal with, some people where just out to cheat the company for the fun of it. I could zone out and take an order and color my coloring book and just....be there, I loved that about the job.
Pros
Discounts on Pizza Hut items, incentives for Pizza Hut items
Cons
No benefits, crummy management
Location Location Location
Delivery Driver/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Newport News, VAApril 21, 2016
A typical day at work is almost always the same just come in and do what you need to do, take out trash clean the store make sure everything you use is fresh and do Maintenance on Machinery that requires daily checks. Management only has so much power and cant fix all of your problems but they do have some say and can help out if its within their power. People are good as long as you know how to stay out of trouble occasional slice of Pizza is Nice. Check your locations and make sure the customer knows you are coming
Pros
Discount Lunch, Simple Tasks, Always Something to do
Cons
Slow Days can be long, Occasional Extortionist
pizza hut call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOApril 15, 2016
i loved this job. i loved my boss and so many people there that i worked with made the fact that i was making minimum wage unimportant. it my favorite place i worked
Fun, Friendly, and Fast
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Tualatin, ORApril 3, 2016
NPC is a fancy name for Pizza Hut. And it's actually a great place to work.

A typical day involved counting out the drawers, setting out the cleaning buckets, cleaning the windows and making sure everything was in order before I opened the store. After the lunch rush, responsibilities would transition to preparing for dinner.

Management was friendly and fantastic, though they had no idea how breaks were supposed to work.
Pros
Fun bosses
Cons
Short breaks, healthcare.
fast paced
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MOApril 1, 2016
I believe pizza hut should offer its drivers full time, plus too many changes in management, in the three years I have been there I have had 5 store managers and 3 district managers
Good first job with opportunity for advancement.
CSR Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNMarch 13, 2016
NPC is a good place to work. The hours are flexible and they take training seriously. The managers make sure you are successful. Anyone who puts forth the effort can move up in the company.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEMarch 8, 2016
I enjoyed working at Pizza Hut immensely, meeting people and the variety of tasks I had to fulfill to help the closing managers in their duties.
College opportunity
CSR (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSMarch 3, 2016
This company provides flexible hours for college students. However, it is not reliable income for a weekly paycheck because scheduled hours are based on call volumes.
starter job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bartlett, TNFebruary 24, 2016
anybody that hasn't had a job before and needs starters experience should apply. You can learn many customer service skills
Run away!
Driver/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCFebruary 22, 2016
NPC/Pizza Hut is a horrible place to work. Managers don't care about employees, only sales and their bonuses. My RGM was back stabbing and manipulative. Don't bother trying to get help from HR or the area Management, they're useless. I wouldn't wish that place on my worst enemy! I worked at the Peters Creek store in Winston Salem NC.
Pros
Cons
Horrible managers, sweat shop pay
Run away!
GM (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 1, 2016
Absolutely, hand's down the worst company I worked for in the 30 years I worked in the restaurant industry.
They hold the GM responsible for everyrhing, even on days off !! You better hope your assistant managers know what they are doing because it's all on the GM when they screw up. They go through employees like they were a dime a dozen. No respect given at all.
Pros
Honestly none
Cons
Too many to list
great call center
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 26, 2016
Loved this call center. They were very understanding about personal things. They always worked with your schedule. Very friendly laid back place to work.
This is a horrible employer.
Customer Service Representative/Job Coach (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 20, 2016
This is a horrible working environment. The managers are not professional and there are no guaranteed working hours. I regret working for NPC.
Bad work life balance
Training restaurant general manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 10, 2016
I worked for NPC for 8 years as a training restaurant general manager. I ran one of the top stores in my state. Once you make it to general manager there is very little room for advancement. Also 90 hour work weeks are not ideal when attempting to raise children. Area managers can be petty and seek retaliation for the smallest slights as well.
Pros
Regular customers and your store employees
Cons
No breaks, long hours, little recognition
No Structure
Area/General Manager (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 28, 2015
Poor Quality of work/life balance.
Poor systems and structure.
Pay structure is very poor.
Overall, Not a great experience.
Great workplace
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSNovember 13, 2015
The first thing I do when I come into work at NPC is open mail and pass it out to the appropriate person. I spend the rest of my day coding and processing invoices, and answering questions for vendors.
Pros
Stability
Cons
Negative work environment
Directives always changing
Area General Manager/ Multi Unit (Current Employee) –  Southport NCOctober 22, 2015
Expectations change with current trends therefore confusing upper management to set clear directives to the region.
With the constant need to be a better brand, retention rates are highly abused creating a poor culture and unstable work force.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NPC International. Our community is ready to answer.