NPL Construction

NPL Construction Employer Reviews

good thing for co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Commerce City, CODecember 25, 2014
they offer great benefits but its very hard advance and management needs to be fixed.. no big surprise why the colorado branch was shut down... my overall experience was great thanks to my co-workers they taught me payroll, accounts payable and utility locating.. They just need better management
A place to grow.
Driver/ Forman Laborer (Current Employee), Woodbridge, CTOctober 8, 2014
After working in this industry for the last 3 years I have gained extensive knowledge about repairing and maintaining gas mains. As a physically demanding job, it requires you to be at your A game everyday. I personally have embraced this job with the focus it demands in order to insure a successful task each day. Due to my strong work ethics I have developed the skills, team builder and knowledge that have elevated me from a laborer to where I am awarded the position as a foreman.
great health insurance
Leadman/ Operator (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2014
Good place for growth and stability. Great people there and the benefits are great.
no comment
Office Manager/Accountant (Former Employee), Commerce City, COMay 13, 2014
There is nothing I want to say about this company. It's a good company to work for.
My personal expierence with NPL Co.
Form Setter/ Finisher-Journey Man (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2013
Pros: room to learn!
Cons: no over time, at times no work.
A typical day at work is to get the list of jobs I am to do for the day. To make sure my jobs are done, always with the best work I can do. I have learned many different trades working with this company! For instance: Concrete slabs, asphalt , equipment operation & many more. Management is good, helpful & understanding. My co-workers are good people to work with! I don't find really anything that is to hard about this job! What I don't know I ask questions and learn quickly! The most enjoyable about my job is 'Learning New Things"
Best job ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), MDAugust 26, 2013
Pros: the job was fun, it was a small office, with many employees
Cons: it ended after because my mother became ill
I did payroll, answered phones, I did the hiring, filing.I learned to be a better manager.I worked with all the guys who were contracted by BGE.My manager was great. The hours were 8-5 Monday - Friday.
Expectations are high, pay is low
Private (Former Employee), Cortland, ILJune 6, 2013
Pros: hours and benefits are great
Cons: unless you are senior management, your voice will not be heard
The only way to advance in the company:

*If you are a male

*If you have 10 years or better vested in the company

*If you rub elbows with the right people
An ok place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee), Commerce City, CODecember 30, 2012
Pros: close to home
Cons: a non supportive team
I really have nothing to say about this company except they took a chance in me and gave me to opportunity to learn the underground utility field
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee), Garland, TXDecember 2, 2012
Pros: transportation to the job sites
Cons: no bennefits
They provide the training that you could possibly need, they give equal opportunity no matter what your background is
Very good employer
SAFETY AND QUALITY STANDARDS AUDITOR/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee), Garland, TXDecember 2, 2012
Pros: transportation to the job sites
Cons: healthcare, no bennefits
Work advancements according to acquired experience. They'll provide all the training you need if you have none or very little experience in construction, they'll give you a chance to work no matter what your background is.
Wonderful people to work with highly educated staff
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2012
Pros: education/career advancements
Cons: dosent leave much home life
NPL Construction provided me with trainnig that I have never recieved any where else. I was given the opportunity to further my career which is rare with most companies. The only down part would be that sometimes the work /life balance was not there as much as I would like.
The company made my life stressfull, management is only worried about money not the workers or the work.
Journeyman Lineman foreman (Current Employee), Commerce City, COApril 11, 2012
Summary pretty much covers it. In short there is no support system for any of the workers
Good people
Senior Accountant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2012
Most of the people are very good to work with. Proactive culture with a lot of energy.

About NPL Construction

The sunny southwestern US is smiling on Southwest Gas. The largest gas supplier in Arizona and Nevada, it provides natural gas – Read more