NPL Construction Employee Reviews

Good company
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Landover, MDJune 22, 2017
Npl is good has a lot of work sometimes they push to much but they are a good company and job is secure as long as you do things the right way. Also it offers fair salary.
Very poor management support
Account payable (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILMay 19, 2017
Management does not support their team, they like to place blame instead. Which causes animosity. Once they are made to look bad even by accident they will make your life horrible
Pros
Healthcare, corporate areas are great
Cons
Once you are on the wrong side of management you stay there
would be better with better tools and equipment
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAMay 13, 2017
I've learn how to use power tools and they are strict about safety and won't put you in a situation that could result in an injury, my foreman he's excellent and will teach you and correct you instead of scream and let you continue doing something wrong, the hardest part of the job when an unexpected situation happens and we don't have the necessary tools and we have to wait for the super to show up with the tools because upper management doesn't provide you with enough tools necessary to finish the job, the past part is the teamwork everyone work together to finish the job on time.
Pros
good pay
Cons
not enough tools to finish the day
Work
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVMarch 16, 2017
Lots of work always stay busy but the upper management can be quite unfair, seems they forgot where they came from.
Crews all worked good from start to finish, good commraderie between crews.
I would work here again if the chance presented itself.
Pros
Overtime, benefits
Cons
Upper management head hunted
N/a
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 15, 2017
It was a fair company to work form during the time period that I was employed there. The pay scale for which they were offering was not at all reasonable.
daily work at NPL
Labor hand (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2017
Get on job site ensure we had all equipment needed to complete the tasks for the day, remove fencing to start excavations, when excavations start spot the digger to ensure we didn't hit any gas, electric or water lines, dig until we found gas line tap and kill it cover hole. Learned how to tap and kill low and medium pressure gas lines. Management would only usually show up if there was a problem. It is relocating gas lines, it is important because people need natural gas. The hardest part of the job was digging down two feet and hitting solid rock, the most enjoyable part was when we would get there and everything went smoothly
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
long hours of hard labor
great group
Adminstrative - Operations (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 14, 2017
great group of people to work with great hours, good contracts, it's like a family atmosphere, even though there are over 5000 employees
N/a
Heavy Machine Operator/leadman (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Great employer to work with . Very understanding, always with jobs. Management are understanding. Jobs are available saturdays........................
Opportunity to learn
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
I appreciated the opportunity to learn here. I was given a chance to learn Benefits when not having a history in benefits. My Manager saw something in me and took a chance. I am thankful for the opportunity.

Pulled weekly reports for 401(K), sent all funding over to vendor through weekly, including employee and employer funds, paid quarterly bill, enrolled all newly eligible employees and terminations in all systems. Also pulled reporting for Dental, Medical, FSA, and Supplemental Life, enrolled all newly eligible employees and terminations in all systems.
Pros
Learned so much.
Cons
One person to do the job was gruesome and with no opportunity to excel.
Very fun company
Project Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2016
Love work for this company. they are like a family. Everytime I go to work I really look forward to it. They make me feel like ive worked there for so long, even though I've been interning for some months.
Very productive
Concrete Foreman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
Very productive company if you looking to learn and climb up the latter you have a big Chance here a lot of hours and overtime if this is what you looking for.
It was a great company to work for
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 3, 2016
NPL was a great company to work for I learned how to operate a mini excavator backhoe front end loader etc... I also got to work on live gas lines and help welders with whatever the needed
Pros
Working outside year round
Cons
If it was raining we couldn't work
unorganized
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2016
MANAGEMENT uses drugs and doesn't get fired........and in general they go out head hunting on a regular basis and in general have no respect for those that work under them
Overall good company
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2016
Good place to work but upper level management makes poor decisions based on nothing but personal feelings. Nota lot of loyalty to employees more about profit than people. Lots of policies put in place but they are followed at at a very inconsistent manner. Just gotta get used to a lot of favoritism to certain people
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Favortism.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
I think the supervisors are good listeners, they try to help you as much as they can and the crews are happy with the leadership provided. Very busy place.
Very productive
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 16, 2016
Very fast pace for each of us workers.. The men I worked with would work hard and as a team. I learned about team work

When they had to close
managment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2016
It depends on who you get as a general foreman and superintendent.
The foreman and co workers are some of the reasons why i enjoyed working there
Poor mangement
Coordinator/Supervisor/General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 4, 2016
Managment sturcture of NPL Construction tends to lean towrds being nepotimistc and selective efficiency with in its supervisory staff. There is very little thought put into being more efficient and more effort put into avoiding rocking the boat.
work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 27, 2015
The work is steady all year around even when it's snow. The only time a person might not work is when it rain heavily. Overall the place is a great place to work but barely anybody go up in position.
Enjoyed the type of work I did.
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTOctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with my hands and the physicality of the job. It was challenging and rewarding. It was intense while learning to work well under pressure.
Pros
Year End Bonuses
Cons
Time away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NPL Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9