NPL Construction

NPL Construction Employee Reviews in United States

Poor mangement
Coordinator/Supervisor/General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 4, 2016
Managment sturcture of NPL Construction tends to lean towrds being nepotimistc and selective efficiency with in its supervisory staff. There is very little thought put into being more efficient and more effort put into avoiding rocking the boat.
Very productive
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 16, 2016
Very fast pace for each of us workers.. The men I worked with would work hard and as a team. I learned about team work

When they had to close
managment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2016
It depends on who you get as a general foreman and superintendent.
The foreman and co workers are some of the reasons why i enjoyed working there
work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 27, 2015
The work is steady all year around even when it's snow. The only time a person might not work is when it rain heavily. Overall the place is a great place to work but barely anybody go up in position.
Enjoyed the type of work I did.
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTOctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with my hands and the physicality of the job. It was challenging and rewarding. It was intense while learning to work well under pressure.
Pros
Year End Bonuses
Cons
Time away from home.
A place to grow.
Driver/ Forman Laborer (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, CTOctober 8, 2014
After working in this industry for the last 3 years I have gained extensive knowledge about repairing and maintaining gas mains. As a physically demanding job, it requires you to be at your A game everyday. I personally have embraced this job with the focus it demands in order to insure a successful task each day. Due to my strong work ethics I have developed the skills, team builder and knowledge that have elevated me from a laborer to where I am awarded the position as a foreman.
good thing for co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 25, 2014
they offer great benefits but its very hard advance and management needs to be fixed.. no big surprise why the colorado branch was shut down... my overall experience was great thanks to my co-workers they taught me payroll, accounts payable and utility locating.. They just need better management
My personal expierence with NPL Co.
Form Setter/ Finisher-Journey Man (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2013
A typical day at work is to get the list of jobs I am to do for the day. To make sure my jobs are done, always with the best work I can do. I have learned many different trades working with this company! For instance: Concrete slabs, asphalt , equipment operation & many more. Management is good, helpful & understanding. My co-workers are good people to work with! I don't find really anything that is to hard about this job! What I don't know I ask questions and learn quickly! The most enjoyable about my job is 'Learning New Things"
Pros
room to learn!
Cons
no over time, at times no work.
Wonderful people to work with highly educated staff
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2012
NPL Construction provided me with trainnig that I have never recieved any where else. I was given the opportunity to further my career which is rare with most companies. The only down part would be that sometimes the work /life balance was not there as much as I would like.
Pros
education/career advancements
Cons
dosent leave much home life
Very good employer
SAFETY AND QUALITY STANDARDS AUDITOR/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 2, 2012
Work advancements according to acquired experience. They'll provide all the training you need if you have none or very little experience in construction, they'll give you a chance to work no matter what your background is.
Pros
transportation to the job sites
Cons
healthcare, no bennefits
Best job ever
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  MDAugust 26, 2013
I did payroll, answered phones, I did the hiring, filing.I learned to be a better manager.I worked with all the guys who were contracted by BGE.My manager was great. The hours were 8-5 Monday - Friday.
Pros
the job was fun, it was a small office, with many employees
Cons
it ended after because my mother became ill
Expectations are high, pay is low
Private (Former Employee) –  Cortland, ILJune 6, 2013
The only way to advance in the company:

*If you are a male

*If you have 10 years or better vested in the company

*If you rub elbows with the right people
Pros
hours and benefits are great
Cons
unless you are senior management, your voice will not be heard
An ok place to work
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 30, 2012
I really have nothing to say about this company except they took a chance in me and gave me to opportunity to learn the underground utility field
Pros
close to home
Cons
a non supportive team
The company made my life stressfull, management is only worried about money not the workers or the work.
Journeyman Lineman foreman (Current Employee) –  Commerce City, COApril 11, 2012
Summary pretty much covers it. In short there is no support system for any of the workers
PROJECT COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 2, 2012
They provide the training that you could possibly need, they give equal opportunity no matter what your background is
Pros
transportation to the job sites
Cons
no bennefits
great health insurance
Leadman/ Operator (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 7, 2014
Good place for growth and stability. Great people there and the benefits are great.
no comment
Office Manager/Accountant (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COMay 13, 2014
There is nothing I want to say about this company. It's a good company to work for.
Good people
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 19, 2012
Most of the people are very good to work with. Proactive culture with a lot of energy.

2.9