NPL Construction Employee Reviews

daily work at NPL
Labor hand (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKFebruary 15, 2017
Get on job site ensure we had all equipment needed to complete the tasks for the day, remove fencing to start excavations, when excavations start spot the digger to ensure we didn't hit any gas, electric or water lines, dig until we found gas line tap and kill it cover hole. Learned how to tap and kill low and medium pressure gas lines. Management would only usually show up if there was a problem. It is relocating gas lines, it is important because people need natural gas. The hardest part of the job was digging down two feet and hitting solid rock, the most enjoyable part was when we would get there and everything went smoothly
Pros
free lunches, flexible schedule
Cons
long hours of hard labor
Opportunity to learn
Benefits Administrator (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZFebruary 6, 2017
I appreciated the opportunity to learn here. I was given a chance to learn Benefits when not having a history in benefits. My Manager saw something in me and took a chance. I am thankful for the opportunity.

Pulled weekly reports for 401(K), sent all funding over to vendor through weekly, including employee and employer funds, paid quarterly bill, enrolled all newly eligible employees and terminations in all systems. Also pulled reporting for Dental, Medical, FSA, and Supplemental Life, enrolled all newly eligible employees and terminations in all systems.
Pros
Learned so much.
Cons
One person to do the job was gruesome and with no opportunity to excel.
Overall good company
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 5, 2016
Good place to work but upper level management makes poor decisions based on nothing but personal feelings. Nota lot of loyalty to employees more about profit than people. Lots of policies put in place but they are followed at at a very inconsistent manner. Just gotta get used to a lot of favoritism to certain people
Pros
Benifits
Cons
Favortism.
unorganized
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 18, 2016
MANAGEMENT uses drugs and doesn't get fired........and in general they go out head hunting on a regular basis and in general have no respect for those that work under them
N/a
Heavy Machine Operator/leadman (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Great employer to work with . Very understanding, always with jobs. Management are understanding. Jobs are available saturdays........................
Very fun company
Project Assistant Intern (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 17, 2016
Love work for this company. they are like a family. Everytime I go to work I really look forward to it. They make me feel like ive worked there for so long, even though I've been interning for some months.
N/a
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Ontario, CAFebruary 15, 2017
It was a fair company to work form during the time period that I was employed there. The pay scale for which they were offering was not at all reasonable.
great group
Adminstrative - Operations (Current Employee) –  Fairfax, VAFebruary 14, 2017
great group of people to work with great hours, good contracts, it's like a family atmosphere, even though there are over 5000 employees
It was a great company to work for
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Sapulpa, OKNovember 3, 2016
NPL was a great company to work for I learned how to operate a mini excavator backhoe front end loader etc... I also got to work on live gas lines and help welders with whatever the needed
Pros
Working outside year round
Cons
If it was raining we couldn't work
Very productive
Concrete Foreman (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 12, 2016
Very productive company if you looking to learn and climb up the latter you have a big Chance here a lot of hours and overtime if this is what you looking for.
Very productive
Heavy Equipment Operator/Laborer (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 16, 2016
Very fast pace for each of us workers.. The men I worked with would work hard and as a team. I learned about team work

When they had to close
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 23, 2016
I think the supervisors are good listeners, they try to help you as much as they can and the crews are happy with the leadership provided. Very busy place.
good thing for co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, CODecember 25, 2014
they offer great benefits but its very hard advance and management needs to be fixed.. no big surprise why the colorado branch was shut down... my overall experience was great thanks to my co-workers they taught me payroll, accounts payable and utility locating.. They just need better management
managment
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 17, 2016
It depends on who you get as a general foreman and superintendent.
The foreman and co workers are some of the reasons why i enjoyed working there
Poor mangement
Coordinator/Supervisor/General Foreman (Current Employee) –  Manassas, VAMarch 4, 2016
Managment sturcture of NPL Construction tends to lean towrds being nepotimistc and selective efficiency with in its supervisory staff. There is very little thought put into being more efficient and more effort put into avoiding rocking the boat.
Expectations are high, pay is low
Private (Former Employee) –  Cortland, ILJune 6, 2013
The only way to advance in the company:

*If you are a male

*If you have 10 years or better vested in the company

*If you rub elbows with the right people
Pros
Hours and benefits are great
Cons
Unless you are senior management, your voice will not be heard
My personal expierence with NPL Co.
Form Setter/ Finisher-Journey Man (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 17, 2013
A typical day at work is to get the list of jobs I am to do for the day. To make sure my jobs are done, always with the best work I can do. I have learned many different trades working with this company! For instance: Concrete slabs, asphalt , equipment operation & many more. Management is good, helpful & understanding. My co-workers are good people to work with! I don't find really anything that is to hard about this job! What I don't know I ask questions and learn quickly! The most enjoyable about my job is 'Learning New Things"
Pros
Room to learn!
Cons
No over time, at times no work.
Wonderful people to work with highly educated staff
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2012
NPL Construction provided me with trainnig that I have never recieved any where else. I was given the opportunity to further my career which is rare with most companies. The only down part would be that sometimes the work /life balance was not there as much as I would like.
Pros
education/career advancements
Cons
dosent leave much home life
Very good employer
SAFETY AND QUALITY STANDARDS AUDITOR/SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 2, 2012
Work advancements according to acquired experience. They'll provide all the training you need if you have none or very little experience in construction, they'll give you a chance to work no matter what your background is.
Pros
transportation to the job sites
Cons
healthcare, no bennefits
Enjoyed the type of work I did.
Foreman/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake, UTOctober 26, 2015
I enjoyed working with my hands and the physicality of the job. It was challenging and rewarding. It was intense while learning to work well under pressure.
Pros
Year End Bonuses
Cons
Time away from home.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NPL Construction. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9