NPower Employee Reviews

Productive and chill work place.
IT Intern (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2017
Npower is a great place to work. I feel that things could be done a bit differently in terms of task management, but for the most part everyone is very laid back.
Pros
1hr lunches, time for leisure.
Cons
very little hours
Prepare veterans for their career in IT
System Administrator (Intern) (Former Employee) –  Alameda, CAMarch 26, 2017
Awesome organization. Prepare veterans for their career in IT, work and life balance. Dynamic organization filled with talented, passionate staff. Mission is more important than ever. Strong leadership and exciting future ahead.
Bad Management
Guidance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NY 11201January 16, 2017
I have been dealt with in a discriminatory and retaliatory manner as outlined in NPowers Employee Handbook I would like full investigation the conduct
Pros
No Comment
Cons
No comment
Meter reader through agency
Meter Reader (Former Employee) –  GlousterJanuary 11, 2017
The boss was just awesome, very understanding and acomidating to the job and it's role.

Was sad I had to leave, but life dictated my disabled daughter needed my time more than work.

Many years on I have no idea if the job is the same, but if the pay was enough I would do it again.
Pros
Was left to self manage my work and time. Fully supported by the boss in any decisions I made.
Cons
Some weird work loads and weirder customers !
A good employer but not much scope for advancement
Customer Management Advisor (Former Employee) –  Rainton HouseMarch 25, 2014
I worked at npower for over 6 years and in that time I worked within a variation of departments which enabled me to grow my skills base. I spoke to customers and external agencies (suppliers,engineers) on a daily basis to resolve customer complaints and it made me feel very happy when I was able to turn the customer around from feeling negative about npower to positive. My co workers were extremely approachable to work with and working with them along with making customers happy was the best part about working for them.The hardest part of the job was the ability to progress within the company and the travel (30 mile round trip every day) which is why I took a risk and left a job I had been in for 6 years for a new job.
Pros
culture I worked in
Cons
travel
continious training
Energy Efficiency advisor (Former Employee) –  Tees houseSeptember 18, 2012
• This job role mainly consisted of dealing with our most vulnerable customers (over the age of 70, children under the age of 5 living at the property, on a low income, suffering from a chronic illness/disability).
• Dealing with customer queries regarding their energy consumption, discussing methods of reducing usage and giving energy efficiency advice tailored to the needs of individual customers.
• Offering/explaining extra products and services and advising of any additional support available.