NPower

NPower Employer Reviews

A good employer but not much scope for advancement
Customer Management Advisor (Former Employee), Rainton HouseMarch 25, 2014
Pros: culture i worked in
Cons: travel
I worked at npower for over 6 years and in that time I worked within a variation of departments which enabled me to grow my skills base. I spoke to customers and external agencies (suppliers,engineers) on a daily basis to resolve customer complaints and it made me feel very happy when I was able to turn the customer around from feeling negative about – more... npower to positive. My co workers were extremely approachable to work with and working with them along with making customers happy was the best part about working for them.The hardest part of the job was the ability to progress within the company and the travel (30 mile round trip every day) which is why I took a risk and left a job I had been in for 6 years for a new job. – less
continious training
Energy Efficiency advisor (Former Employee), Tees houseSeptember 18, 2012
• This job role mainly consisted of dealing with our most vulnerable customers (over the age of 70, children under the age of 5 living at the property, on a low income, suffering from a chronic illness/disability).
• Dealing with customer queries regarding their energy consumption, discussing methods of reducing usage and giving energy efficiency advice – more... tailored to the needs of individual customers.
• Offering/explaining extra products and services and advising of any additional support available. – less
good money, poor environment
Subject matter expert (Former Employee), Stoke-on-Trent, ENGNovember 17, 2014
npower is a good company in terms of pay and hours. however the management and opportunity to progress were poor. the people i mete were a massive plus for my time spent working here however i am happy now to take my redundancy pay and move on
Busy Call Centre Enviroment
Customer Service Adviser (Former Employee), MidddlesbroughNovember 6, 2014
Pros: free tea and cofffee
Cons: target driven also the people
Taking Calls from customer's wanting to know about why the energy bills are high or are incorrect, dealing with irate customers also helping people who are vulnerable.
I have gained 9 years customer service experience within Npower.
also I have learned excellent communications and listening skills.
also helping people who are in need and are struggling
I – more... have learned a lot about the way of life and the way the gas and the electric work and I am myself very efficient in the way I deal with company's when I call them because I understand how the advisor on the other end of the phone as there are people at the end of the day.
the hardest part of the job was it was very draining at times due the system not working to its full potential people doing things wrong and having this corrected and apologising for the errors and the distress the complaints were very fast paced.
the most enjoyable part of the job was the collages that I had. – less
A good place to gain skills
Data Analyst (Senior) (Current Employee), Worcester, ENGOctober 31, 2014
Pros: positive and supportive colleagues in the office, as a temp staff i have access to internally advertised vacancies.
Cons: open-ended assignment length.
I work in energy services as part of an intake of 13 temporary staff. There has been little pressure on me to achieve results or sales and this has allowed me to develop at a pace suitable for me. Even 3 months into the assignment I am supported by the permanent members of staff and feel that I can ask questions when necessary.

There is no one 'cracking – more... the whip' and I am allowed to manage my time. There is a good canteen service with friendly staff.

At last I have something to put on my CV other than military service. – less
very limited progression
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), stoke on trentOctober 7, 2014
Atmosphere and people good but work culture and opportunities poor
Fun workplace
Senior Advisor (Former Employee), hullSeptember 23, 2014
Pros: good salary, working hours
Cons: a lot of changes
data inputting, taking calls from field agents

team great, had fun at work
Good Experience
Show Team Sales Representative (Former Employee), VariousSeptember 19, 2014
Enjoyed working here, great opportunities
Potential to earn a great deal if strive to be the best
did not enjoy this job
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee), stoke on trentSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: cheap lunches
I worked at morrisons a long time ago cannot remember too much of the days I spent there.
During my 15 years at npower, I obtained a great knowledge of the Energy supply industry. I obtained my NVQ stage 2. opportunities are available
Executive Complaints Advisor (Former Employee), ONSeptember 12, 2014
Pros: you need to be descriplined in your approach to this type of work
Cons: customer service / call centre is not for every one
I enjoyed working for npower limited. I met some great colleagues and built a strong working relasionships within the cuompany

I obtained my NVQ stage 2.

opportunities are available for anyone wanting to progress their skills and knowledge and within the company
Fun Place to Work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), Houghton on the Hill, ENGSeptember 3, 2014
Pros: good staff
Cons: short breaks/dinners
npower was a fun place to work as I worked there for 10 years. Over that time I have wanted to leave, however its the people who work there made me stay. It has a vast number of people from all areas and most are easy to get on with. I made alot of good friends there.

The work was quite easy, however the fitted a new system to hold customers accounts – more... etc - it has alot of problems and causes more complaints.

The managers and senior managers are fine and easy to get on with, however if feel the higher management have not got a clue what they are doing as they outsourced a lot of work abroad and dont think it will provide the results they are looking for. – less
Very enjoyable and rewarding
Customer Administrator (Current Employee), stokeAugust 20, 2014
Pros: free hot drinks and car park
A day at npower doing billing for utility customers that needed amended because for some reason the billing is incorrect.I would do the work from start to the end and then to inform the customer of the actions taken and to see if they are happy with the amended bill.
Prioritising work to keep within the deadline given. Constantly developing skills to – more... meet requirements for the company. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting it right for the customer and identifying the point at which the billing went wrong.Also being a part of a team and being included and involved with the everyday running of the team to reach targets given. – less
Team Manager (Former Employee), ThornabyAugust 8, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: development
Really Great people and enjoyed my 9 years here I only left due to Redundancy
Great people
Complaints Advisor (Former Employee), ThornabyAugust 6, 2014
Pros: free tea & coffee & staff canteen
Cons: it problems
Shifts were fixed & rotas were always 4 weeks in advance so it was easy to plan life outside of work. Overtime always available.

Plenty of opportunities to work in different departments and I learnt the importance of listening, gained excellent communication skills, especially call handling skills.

Direct line management was very good, but senior – more... management seemed a little out of touch with the staff and their customers needs.

Co-workers were great, people from a wide variety of backgrounds & cultures. Colleagues were fun to work with & always looked to support each other at every opportunity.

The hardest part of the job was in the latter years when a new IT system was implemented & had many many IT defects which impacted on customer accounts, causing lots of invoicing errors & delays.

I really enjoyed working with a great bunch of colleagues, I also gained a great sense of job satisfaction helping customers. – less
Generally a good place to work at.
Customer Administrator (Former Employee), Stoke-on-Trent, ENGJuly 30, 2014
Pros: great hours, 8-4 for 37 hours per week good wages. free tea and coffee
Cons: poor senior management decisions.
Issuing customers with electric and gas bills accurately and on time. I learned that respect is earned and not a right. Complex billing issues and complaints played a large part of my npower career. Being a very amiable person I was very good at dealing with colleagues and customers alike.
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with – more... on a daily basis. We all had the work ethic that there is no "I" in team. We helped each other with problems and changes in process, which towards the end, became very frequent.
The hardest part of the job was trying to convince the senior management and upwards to executive management that what they were trying to do to improve the company was incorrect. Outsourcing the hardest work to India may be economical but very demoralising for the loyal staff who had persevered with the constant changes since the introduction of the SAP accounting system. – less
Friendly team
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee), Houghton le Spring, ENGJuly 25, 2014
Nice team, everyone will help each other and nice work environment
productive and fun workplace
Executive Complaints Advisor/Team Manager (Current Employee), ThornabyJuly 18, 2014
- dealing with inbound customers within a complaints setting working to ombudsman guidelines

- Coaching and Feedback skills, SAP based knowledge, Letter writing skills, Complaints handling skills
- Friendly and helpful managers

- Hard working, Loyal, Wonderful people would be the best way to describe my colleagues

- Handling irate customers and working – more... to fix system issues

- Being praised by colleagues, management and customers for delivering a great customer experience. – less
Very busy call centre
customer advisor (Current Employee), Peterlee, ENGJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free tea /coffee
Cons: company is re locating further away from my home.
I work the long /short shift 1115-2000hrs 4 days a week and one short 4 hour shift.
At the moment I learn something everyday as we have a new computer system that is constantly being updated, so everyday is a challenge to ensure you are up to date with the new systems/procedures.
Management pretty much leave us to get on with our jobs but are there – more... if we need assistance.
I have great co workers and have formed some very good friendships in and out of work.
I spend all day taking calls opening and closing customers accounts and dealing with any queries they may have. The hardest part of the job is not having 2 seconds to clear your head between calls.
I love speaking to the customers and nothing gives me greater pleasure than dealing with any problems a customer might have and finding a resolution. – less
npower was a nice place to work with lots of good people who worked there.
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee), oldbury west midlandsJuly 15, 2014
Pros: eye cover pension good on health and satety.
Cons: none that i could talk about.
I was made redundant June 30th 2014. worked for npower 8 years. Npower was a good place to work doing back office work. my manager was a nice person who did not bother you has long as you hit your targets. I was in a team of 17 and we all got on, any birthdays, weddings people leaving to have baby's we always made there desks up and made there day special. – more... The hardest part of the job was when I was made redundant. – less
High Pressure, changeable workplace
Transition Support Advisor (Former Employee), DurhamJuly 13, 2014
Pros: fantastic colleagues
Cons: high pressure
Working for npower was a rewarding experience. I have supported and resolved numerous customer complaints building trust and confidence through my work.

My co-workers were fantastic and offer support both inside and outside the office whenever it is required. The friendly atmosphere and support network I gained made even the toughest days better.

The – more... hardest part of the job is trying to resolve something which currently has no process because it is such a rare occurrence. Customers expect you to be able to fix any problem there and then and sometimes it just isn't possible. The most rewarding part of the job is when you do come across one of these situations and you do find a resolution that everyone is happy with. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About NPower

Evolving out of the privatisation of the electricity industry in the UK in the 1990s, Npower (stylised as npower) is a UK-based – Read more