NRG Energy

NRG Energy Employee Reviews

Proactive
FP&A (Current Employee), Princeton, NJJune 19, 2015
Anything and everything very busy day flew by. Heavy finance and interesting work that is a learning environment. Challenging environment by any standards and it will not be routine.
(Some) Good People, Relatively Young
Customer Care Analyst I (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMay 18, 2015
Treat this company like the popular girls in high school (I.e. toxic and avoid them except even worse gossipers). Hire others based on nepotism.
productive
Mobile Application Developer/iOS (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 7, 2015
Good place to learn
friendly management,
challenging job,
good perks,helping to co-workers,
The most enjoyble part of the job
Great Place Great People
Research Associate, C&I Accounts (Current Employee), Houston, TXMay 1, 2015
Coworkers are generally great, love to talk and hold conversations, the people make this such an easy place to work in. youll love coming to work, the location is great
Most amazing place I have ever worked
Document Specialist (Former Employee), Canonsburg, PAApril 20, 2015
Pros: Free coffee and very often food, extremely clean and friendly office
Cons: distance and lack of public transportation
Although I only worked a temporary position for three months, this was the most amazing place to work. During that three months I never was treated as just a temporary employee, I was part of the team. From day one, my name was on the cube, I had a dedicated phone line, email already set up, and when small motivational gifts were given to the employees I was included. This was the most non stressed atmosphere I have ever worked in, start and end times were very flexible, everything was based on team work, and employees were respected by the company and fellow employees.
company
Mechanic Tech III (Current Employee), lufkin, txMarch 20, 2015
NRG is a good place / company to work for. they are employee career minded. I would recommend employment to anyone. they are willing to stand by their employees.
Mechanical Engineer
Senior CAD Designer (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 17, 2015
 4+ years’ experience as a Mechanical Engineer in the field of technologies and system design including test fixtures, programming languages, 3D printing, CAD, data acquisition/experiment techniques, drafting, project management and production environments.
 Extensive hands-on experience with automotive problem solving, repair, and fabrication.
 Extensive background in drafting, fundamentals of 3D modeling, good knowledge in dimensioning and tolerancing.
Job Review
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CAMarch 5, 2015
Young manager's that do not have experience managing projects!
Everything is delayed which created working extra long hours
Great Place to work
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Houston, TXMarch 4, 2015
In ability to become permanent. makes it hard to want to stay at the company. The employees aren't just numbers they are people and management is friendly.
wonderful place to work
Administrative Assistant/Field Buyer (Current Employee), Sterling City, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Fast growing so there is very little HR or SAP help. The training is lacking and it is hard to get credentials.
Also the buying process is never explained well and the chain of command is not clear.
NRG Energy
Technical Manager (Former Employee), Carlsbad, CA.February 9, 2015
Effective IPP. Good with Safety & Environmental Compliance. Effective Plant Management. Excellent Staff. Supportive Staff. Hard working staff.
Learning Experience
Acquisitions Team Mentor (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great job to learn
Cons: does not want the employees to switch departments that would offer more pay
I have grown to be a major asset to my current company. I have worked very hard to prove myself that I belong in a leadership role. I am the right hand to my immediate supervisor that manage a team of 22 agents on a daily bases. Maintain positive and projective numbers for the company. I enjoy assisting/managing the team with their daily tasks that meet business rules.
Geat Place to work
Sr. Systems and Altiris Architect Symantec (Former Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2015
Pros: great pay, great hours, good people. awesome culture. love this place.
The caliber of employees this company hires. I’ve noticed it and our clients notice it. Highquality
employees produce high-quality results. Plus work is more enjoyable if everyone it
working hard.
The non-management employees are motivated, talented, and funny.
I feel that this is a good, positive atmosphere to work in and what we are doing is very interesting
and exciting. All of our employees are smart and creative. This is reflected in the work that we
produce. I also appreciate that our

Awesome place to work
Productive and beautiful weather during the Fall.
Maintenance Coordinator / Engineer (Current Employee), El Segundo, CADecember 22, 2014
Pros: easy access to the plant.
Cons: in the desert, very hot and very cold.
As a Plant Engineer, conducted projects/ outages related to reliability of the plant with much success. Conducted safety aboard meetings with contractors and co-workers example: LOTOs, confined space, fall protection, hearing protection, respirator usage, and specific job briefing meetings. Conducting meetings with co-workers was a challenge with schedules involved. Meeting different people was a big benefit.
Not committed to coal
First Class Senior (Former Employee), Portland PaDecember 21, 2014
Pros: free coffee
Cons: lack of communication frm the top down
Bad planning on capitol projects, company gave up on coal plants.
Moving in the right direction
operator (Current Employee), PhoenixDecember 21, 2014
Pros: great company that actually cares about equipment impressively large scale operation
Cons: hr department is a little slow at times not too bad though. you must really know what you're doing, very large system is challenging and demanding can't fake it here.
The team is very knowledgeable everyone here knows the equipement very well. The company invest and repairs equipement in a timely manner. Very open to suggestions. The system itself is of a very large scale district cooling system. Management is there when you need them. The control system is very well put together and just about everything works as required. An on site electrician on site programmer and on site plant engineer. All extremely knowledgeable and motivated. This allows the operator to actually focus on plant operations. I have worked at several plants and this one is ran very well by comparison.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Travel & Expense Analyst (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 20, 2014
Pros: location, flexible work hours
Cons: hard to transfer to other departments
Every day was busy and productive day. I learned a lot working with SAP, Oracle, Business workplace. Co workers where a great joy to work with and we always worked as a team. There was never a hard part of my job while there for 11 years, I approached every new assignment with a positive attitude. Most enjoyable part of my job was the location,
Good Pay Great CoWorkers
Coal Plant Operator (Current Employee), Joliet, ILOctober 15, 2014
The Past 8 Years Have Been Great For Me And My Family... Day to day jobs change , not 1 day is the same. Management members are great to work for as well as my coworkers.
Too many chiefs...
Load Control / Hourly Trader II (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 14, 2014
Pros: good pay, great staff, willing to pay for training.
Cons: the focus seems to be negative, they seem too busy looking for fault instead of cultivating success, everyone seems to be on the defensive, "too many chiefs..."
On a given day; you answer to six different bosses. They all expect you to come to them for input and in most cases the answers conflict. Training consists of a list of about 500 items that require 2 signatures each. This would be a great process if getting signatures wasn't the focus. Gaining actual working knowledge of the position suffers when everyone wants to rush through this process. After signatures are received you face a gauntlet of questions in "the board" which... no matter what they tell you at the start of it... does hold your fate. This whole process would be great if it was handled the way it should be. Instead of a way to help you succeed, they have turned it into another way to watch you fail. They make a game of that.

The people that you will actually work beside are great people but if you aren't careful the politics and the amount of micro management from a great distance, will take you out.
Great fun place
Project Manager - M&A/New Builds (Current Employee), Carlsbad, CAOctober 10, 2014
Pros: great company with vision
Cons: can't say here....
Great fun place to work, learn and grow. Great vision from leadership.

1 2 3 4

About NRG Energy

NRG is leading customer-driven change in the U.S. energy industry by delivering cleaner and smarter energy choices, while building – Read more

NRG Energy Salaries

$50,000 per year
Business Administrator
$50,000 per year

NRG Energy Photos

At NRG, we care about how energy is made, how it is used and how it is changing lives.