NRP Group Employee Reviews in United States

awful company to work for.
Maintenance Supervior (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 29, 2016
awful company to work for. Because they run tax credit communities, they expect the world and give you little (pay for) to work with.
Nice Place to Work
Asst. Mgr (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCNovember 16, 2015
They provide you the skills you need to do your job and become successful. Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about number but hoe your personally grow and develop.
Pros
Great Incentives
Cons
High turn over not a place to stay
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 14, 2015
There is no real management and policy in place. If you are not in the corporate office you are not valuable. They have inexperience regional that hire their inexperience friends. The company promotes only by association rather then promote because of hard work. Pay is not good and they like to stay short staffed because they don't want to pay anyone. They rather the manager or maintenance to do everything and be everywhere. no breaks, the regional will tell you they are not obligated to give you a lunch. Oh and the VP is 21yrs old.
Pros
nothing
Cons
terrible pay, unprofessional management
Great People to Work with!!
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasMarch 2, 2015
I took a property no manager wanted cleaned it up where most manager would not stay for weeks at a time I stayed a year and a half doing what I love to do most, make residents happy they chose my site to live. After doing so the management/owners felt I was moving them out faster than moving them in with their approval and witht he screen process being so high most of good prospects was denied due to credit history, most of the ones I removed from site was denied as well, but someone overrode the decision to let them reside at the apartments anyway. The hardest part of my job was to give the owners what they asked for and that was to clean it up, when I completed the last of removing the riff raft out they transferred another manager to my site and let me go. The most injoyabe part of this job was giving keys to prospects to move into their new apartment we prepared for them
Pros
the pay was great
Cons
they will use you and then drop you
Great hours, great commission, poorly managed.
Leasing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCFebruary 26, 2015
A typical day consist of , taking work orders, conducting tours, providing exceptional customer service to your current and future residents, and completing recertification and compliance files.
I have learned how to process a file efficiently. I have also learned the fair housing rules and how to provide an excellent experience from start to finish with new prospects.
The one good factor about the NRP Group is that they are managed and owned by the same company so they provide a bit of stability in that sense. However,They could utilize a management course for lower and upper management .
My co-workers were great .
The hardest part of my job was attempting to do my job to the best of my ability and not having the proper management communication to do so.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the mere fact of assisting people in making a huge decision as to where they will reside. It's a very rewarding feeling when you are able to help someone in need.
Pros
commission. paid vacation. paid sick time.
Cons
poor management. poor communication . healthcare and 401k benefits aren't good.
Excellent work environment
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TxFebruary 12, 2015
Worked with a good group of people. Reliable and self starter, I how feel confident that I can handle most situations given the number of years of experience working with multi family communities.
Fun Place
Controller (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSJune 11, 2014
Great employees like a big family.
Great to work with different municipalities
Travel
Keep the different personalities happen is the most difficult part of the job, because most employees are off site.
Pros
excellent opportunties
Cons
really none
Nice place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 22, 2014
Work environment is pleasant but I travel almost 100 miles to and from work each day along with being sent to other properties
Great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 31, 2013
NRP Group is a great company to work for and you get a lot of opportunity to grow with this company.
Management was horrible
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  HoustonSeptember 26, 2012
The management i worked under was horrible, very disorganized. Disappointment.
Pros
great company
Cons
bad choice in management
Daily Schedule
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJuly 25, 2012
in the morning i come in and clean the grounds on the property as well as the office and weight room. Then i begin on any maintenance tickets that may have come up or finishing previous issues from the day before. I learned that you definitely have to work smarter not harder. Management was decent, not the best but not the worst
The hardest part of the job was being on call 24-7 for 2 different properties and still trying to manage sleep and home life. The most enjoyable part of the job was the hands on experience i learned from the contractors that were hired to do certain jobs..
Pros
freedom of travel
Cons
on call 24-7