NSTAR Global Services

NSTAR Global Services Employee Reviews

I learned how to change pads out on CMP machines
Pad Changer (Former Employee), Fishkill, NYAugust 20, 2015
Pros: It was good learning skills changing pads
Cons: Lead management was never involved directly with the workers.
The managers were never involved enough with the workers. It made for an unstable and unfriendly work environment However, I learned a skill in servicing machines that help make computer chips.
Average Staffing/Recruiting company
Gas Technician (Current Employee), Malta, NYAugust 10, 2015
This company is a staffing agency and not a temp agency so even though you are laid off from one contract you still have a job with NStar. That being said you still keep your benefits such as vacation and medical but you do not keep the same pay from contractor to contractor which really sucks.
Productive in learning how to service machines that make computer wafers.
Pad Changer (Former Employee), Clayton, NCJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Working at night usually meant less activity going on around that might be distracting.
Cons: Working during the day usually meant more distractions such as a lot more noise.
I learned how to service machines involved in the making of computer chips. The machines I serviced are like giant wet sanders. They rub tiny bits of metal off the wafers in order to get the dimensions of the computer chip precise. Certain parts of the machine had to be changed every so often such as the heads and pads. I enjoyed working with many others at my work place. The hardest part of the job was working at night. The night shift wore on me.
Doing my Best with the Cards i've been dealt
Tech-Force (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYApril 23, 2015
Pros: a steady job, health insurance
Cons: short breaks, direct supervisor that allows incompetency
My typical day at work is about customer service & support in a mechanical way, but still customer based.
I have learned that I am able to learn new things that I have never done before and is so different from my aptitude.
I am under management at different levels and yet i relate better with those that i fall under then my co-workers, simply because of age and majority.
The hardest part of my job is communicating with those that would rather grunt then speak, seriously, that would rather pass blame then take ownership and that would rather cut corners in procedures to get the job done quicker then doing it right the 1st time and feel pride in a days work.
The most enjoyable part of my job is the recognition i receive from those that mean the most, my supervisors and colleagues from other groups.
steady job with steady pay
Principal Service Solutions (Current Employee), Fishkill, NYJanuary 28, 2015
Pros: offered me a job where i had no skills
Cons: no follow up, little to no training and no supervision
Nstar is a Contracting company that eventually lost its contract with the company it was servicing. Another company came in and offered all Nstars employees better pay, benefits and hiring 3 months earlier then Nstar gave the notification of the lost contract.
direct and stay to the plan
Install (Former Employee), Malta, NYFebruary 7, 2014
Support, instruct, all production and daily work no matter the issue's
Stable to Unstable
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Wilmington, MAJanuary 8, 2014
Pros: decent pay
Cons: benefits are very high
I left a company that had stable work with unlimited overtime for NStar after they informed me that it was originally perm., then temp to perm, then after I had already left my previous company, it was contract. Three months after starting this job I worked night shift, came home, was called by my "supervisor" three hours after going to bed and told that the contract was cancelled, I would get my last pay check in the mail, sorry, and we'll be placing you inactive. Essentially laying me off...oh, by the way, this was a week before the holidays.
It was challenging and interesting
Assembly Mechanic (Former Employee), Job was in Tempe Az but based in North Carolina.December 16, 2013
Pros: hour lunches, learned new skills.
Cons: long days and weeks.
It was hard work and you were always busy. You did and learned a multitude of skills and experiences. Many weeks we worked 7 days with 12 hour days.
Use to be good company
PMT (Former Employee), Mesa, AZAugust 5, 2013
Pros: entry level job positioning in semi-conductor industry
Cons: pay, benefits, communication with their employees, review compensation, not many contacts
I worked for NSTAR Global Services for 5 1/2 years as a contractor for Applied Materials. They were good when I first started working for them as they were a small company and we had weekly pay. Then they merged with M&W Group. Ever since then, I've noticed the company going down hill. The regional managers are not involved enough with their employees so it makes it hard to build a good relationship with the company. The medical insurance they provide is horrible and very expensive. They don't reach out to their employees when they need a job even though you try to reach out to them.

I've had the opportunity to work on a project with M&W group and it was terrible. The manager assigned to the project was young and did not posses any good management skills. Anyone in a position of management that throws tools around in a warehouse creating an unsafe work environment, does not deserve to be a manager.

It was clear to me that this NSTAR does not care about their employees as they have ditched me without any communication to me about being dropped from them, I found out by not being able to log into my NSTAR email account. This is a sad action from a company that claims to be a "great company to work for". They under pay their employees while NSTAR makes all the profits from you working your butt off. In the five years I worked for them, I received only a $1.00 raise, even though my reviews were above average and I was an exceptional employee.

I will never work for NSTAR Global Services again and hope their business fails because good hard working people do not deserve to be kicked to the curb. Thanks for nothing NSTAR!
Job hours are not for normal people
Preventive Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Chandler azJune 23, 2013
The job is not for normal people and they throw new employees under the bus.
Get in get out & don't look back!
RESOURCE ENGINEER (Former Employee), Malta, NYMarch 28, 2012
Pros: employment
Cons: healthcare, biweekly pay
Pay is the primary reason most of us work so as long as you keep that in mind, this company is okay. Weekly pay check was the best part especially since you're reimbursed for food, gas, laundry etc after you come out of pocket first....BUT since they went to bi-weekly, it can get a little pretty pricey to eat & take care of your home obligations if you're coming off any sort of work lapse or if it's your first assignment.
Headquarters