NTB Employee Reviews

Balanced environment between relaxed and quick paced.
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXNovember 14, 2017
Management has been less than desirable but varies between location. Plenty of opportunity for advancement in both sales and technician work. Great opportunity to learn from experienced techs.
Pros
Good company with great people.
Cons
Poor management and high work load.
Good for people gettting into Automotive
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 7, 2017
Very high turn over with employees where I see 8 - 10 people quit every year. Manager could of been better and work environment was being in a sweat shop. Work your butt off for small commission rate and if busy you get no break at all. You will get people with little to no skill on working on car and even manager don't have that mind set. All they care is hitting budget every month while no reward for employees that help make that monthly quota. When it's time to put up tire after receiving over 100 of them the slow pace employee will have to do it while other face pace make their commission. Some store plays favoritism and your just a body count for them.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Work alot for small commission
mm
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 11, 2017
Great company to work for, gave me a chance to prove that I could go into any industry and show that I could become a great leader in anything that I do.
Most fun job i have ever had
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Loved working here, great management, co-workers, loved the work I did. Always something new every day. Learned so many new things so quickly. Its too bad I had to move.
fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 16, 2017
learn to establish new customers
ensure that customers are taken care of in a timely manner
Learn process, operations and managing diverse team
teamwork and excellent work ethics
Pros
required to work 5 days /week
Cons
excessive overtime
high turnover
Technician (Current Employee) –  Burlington, NCAugust 2, 2017
During my two and a half years I have seen about 15 people leave this place. This is a ok place to start out at but not sure if I can say its a very good place for an older tech
Pros
good benifits
Cons
long shifts
some fun
Payroll Clerk (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJuly 26, 2017
I work in payroll and I don't have time for fun and games, when I am responsible with others payroll and make sure that there is minimum to no mistake when it comes to pay checks.
Very stressful
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lorton, VAJuly 17, 2017
The overall job was great, we would have a couple cars in the bay but sometimes we wouldn't have as many workers. Most of the people waiting on their cars would get mad because they would say its taking forever. But it was just the lack of workers at the time.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Short breaks
Stay away!!!
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shorewood, ILJuly 2, 2017
This place is a joke!!!! Large turn over with employees but corporate can't see that it's the management that's the problem. They promise you the world when you interview and when you take the job, it's the opposite. You can never plan anything cause your schedule is all over the place. They work you like a dog and complain that your not going fast enough. Very stressful place, if you value your health, don't put a resume into this place. Maybe other locations are fine but stay clear of Shorewood.
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Everything under the sun
If you don't have a life and need the money...
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 7, 2017
Pay can be very good but the hours worked are ridiculous. Most of my team at the store level were fun to work with and the District Manager was a pretty decent guy but above that in the food chain was terrible. I put in 70 hour weeks to take a bottom performing store with a skeleton crew to fully staffed and performing in the top 3 in the district. Then got moved to another low performer with no staff. No thank you.
Pros
Pay can be good
Cons
Zero work life balance, Upper Mgt. is terrible
Good stepping stone
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Buford, GAMay 31, 2017
This was a good stepping stone to fine another job. there was nothing special about the job. it was high paced, management didn't really take much time to explain some things.
Pros
easy work
Cons
Not great pay
Quick paced
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 25, 2017
You'll have your slow days which are nice and you can relax a small bit with your coworkers after all of your side works done, but on busy days it can be a little hectic.
it was work
Tire and Lube Technician (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSMay 16, 2017
it is a job, a bit better than fast food. It is better than not working. There is really nothing more to say.
Pros
job
Cons
pay
Ntb
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, TXApril 28, 2017
NTB can be a great place to work it always depends on the people you work with. Typical work day really depends on how many customers come through the door, as a sales person you are commissioned based so the more customers the better. At my store we have fun and joke around when we can and when it gets busy we all pitch in and get the work done. Hardest part is when you are having a slow day and upper management (DM) makes you feel like you and the team are just slacking off.
Kinda slow at times
Mechanic, Technician (Former Employee) –  Grapevine, TXApril 24, 2017
While my time at NTB was a little short, the pace was not very fast and had a lot of down time. I loved the people I worked for and with but would of liked more advancements.
slow shop, good for the resume
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Turnersville, NJApril 8, 2017
good first shop to work in and get your foot in the door. Mechanics dont get time and a half for over time which is weird. but the company tries to hook you up with more $$ in your pocket which is nice
Pros
easy job
Cons
slow job
Extremely busy and fast paced work environment
Baytown, Tx- Shop Technician (Current Employee) –  Baytown, TXApril 6, 2017
Extremely busy and fast paced work environment. Worked in shop and did tires and whatever else was needed. Shop Manager was extremely nice but management overall was lacking.
Hard work for little pay
Shop Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 25, 2017
You are required to work 55 hours a week as a manger. Forget about days off, you won't get any. Constant fighting between the front and the back. Good place to start, but not a good place to advance.
Store manager at NTB
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  MarylandMarch 13, 2017
As in any automotive shop the manger works 60 hours a week. Its hard to a life outside of work. If you run your correctly you will make over 100k but will have to deal with Surveys that are complete BS and will take half of our bonus. Upper manger is kind of a joke. They are never there when you have a question and need help. You have to rely on your friendship with other managers to make your life there some what ok.
Not Bad
General Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, NJMarch 8, 2017
learned alot at ntb, the pay wasnt that great but i learned alot and used that to become and dealership technician one year later making 3 times i was at ntb