NTB Employee Reviews

Good compensation with easy going work environment.
General Technician (Former Employee) –  Lawrenceville, GAJanuary 5, 2017
Overall NTB was a good place to work. Your overall compensation as a general technician is based on your overall productivity. If you work hard you get compensated for it. The work environment is very laid back and co-workers are both helpful and enjoyable to work with. The shop I worked with was the oldest in the state and was overall disgusting. The hardest part of the job was stocking inventory because there was very little organization. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with my fellow co-workers to complete the job.
Pros
Benefits, laid back work environment, compensation
Cons
Long work hours, long work weeks, low starting pay
a nice place
Service Manager/Master Automotive Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, VANovember 21, 2016
The managment is good, he rountes are easy to learn, they will take care of you if you show them you want to work. Thats about it, and they give yearly bonus
Worked only a few weeks because of an emergency situation
Technician (Former Employee) –  McKinney, TXNovember 15, 2016
I enjoyed working with the people that worked there.i wish I didn't have to leave.i learned a lot from the company during the short time I was there. Management was very helpful and friendly.
Pros
Good people
work with cars
General Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Weymouth, MAOctober 6, 2016
maintenance cars,repair if needed.help me learn more about cars.the managers in there are not professional. they don't work with rules.the employees do what they want.the hardest time in there is sometime i have to work by myself. i enjoy getting good complements.
Pros
lunches, learn
Cons
payment, no brake
Not the best place long hours no balance
District Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis-Saint Paul, MNSeptember 23, 2016
They are very disorganized and out of touch when it comes to real customer service. They don't roll out new programs well and don't listen truthfully to employees. They do a yearly survey but it's more posturing than trying to improve.
Pros
Good pay during sales
Cons
Too many too list
Not a great place to work
Service Manager/Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 22, 2016
The hours are way to long, the pay is not great, and the benefits are not good. You do not get the support you need from team members or upper management and it seemed like the stores are always short handed.
Pros
Great customer service experience
Cons
Very long hours
It is a very busy enviroment
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2016
The part I love the must is being able to help people when thet have a issue with their cars and getting them back on the road.
poor management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Silver Spring, MDJune 2, 2016
team not very supportive.
Company itself is good but very tight budget wise.
like to hold tight on labor.

busy environment but not a lot of support from management
great job
General service technician (Former Employee) –  Deerfield, ILMarch 17, 2016
had a lot of fun working there, didn't like the benefits or should i say lack of benefits. other than that great job. that's all i got to say about that.
Pros
enviorment
Cons
wages
Shop workers get treated unfairly
General Service (Current Employee) –  Countryside, ILFebruary 7, 2016
The benefits are great but thats about it. Company pays very low wages and expect way too much out of you. they have goals that set you up for failure.

Its like the saying "you get what you pay for" well i believe its the same for workers, you want employees to go that extra mile then pay a respectable wage.
benefits
Cons
everything else
good hours and pay
Mechanic, I (Former Employee) –  Marion, OHJanuary 28, 2016
plenty of hours every week and good pay. Coworkers were not as hard-working as I would prefer. Management wasn't as strict as they should be.
Pros
good hours
Cons
lazy coworkers
Fair
Automotive Technician (Former Employee) –  Austell, GANovember 8, 2015
Diagnosis of vehicle condition to determine required repairs. Management was average. Provided excellent customer service.
Long Hours Little Family Life
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Manassas, VANovember 4, 2015
Long hours and weekend so no time for family life. if you have children then wouldn't recommend working for this company
great environment, fast pace. once a car comes in we do a 21 point inspection then start on the car.
Tire & Lube Technician (Current Employee) –  franklin tennesseeSeptember 28, 2015
NTB is one of funnest jobs ive work at. fun, great environment, and amazing co-workers. best part about this job is when we have a full staff, we all work hard and play hard.
Fair work place
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIJuly 5, 2015
Everything falls on dispatch currently, and as a dispatcher you have no recourse what so ever. These are 12 hour shifts. Top pay for a dispatcher is 16.50 with benefits after 15 years.
Pros
Fair days wage for a days work
Cons
no raise no pro
Not for me
Sales (Former Employee) –  TXJuly 1, 2015
Never given a break in morning or afternoon & only 30 minute lunch. Shop staff gets bogged down due to $19.00 oil changes so you can't get any paying work done within reasonable time. Shop and sales staff is short-staffed. Both shop mgr and store mgr stand outside smoking most of the day. When I worked alone with the shop mgr., he would disappear for 2-3 hours a day. Finally, found him asleep in the back or in his car he had pulled behind the building. Would get mad because I woke him up when I needed him. Felt it was his right to come to work and go to sleep. He even complained to mechanics that they were making too much noise while he was sleeping. Mgmnt rides you like Sea Buscuit and then stand outside smoking and visiting with their family and kids or girlfriends who visit, daily, while the phones ring off the hook and customers are standing in line. Money only about half of what they say due to the cheap oil change coupons that are printed on the Kroger grocery store receipts. Shop mechanics spend most of their time doing $19.00 oil changes. Many of the people that come in with these coupons have no oil showing on the dipstick and have no interest in paying for any other needed repairs. They are just looking for someone to change their oil cheaper than they can do it themselves.
I was able to pull a few good jobs, occasionally, but a very disenheartening place to work when the mgrs come to work and sleep for long periods and loiter outside, smoking cigarettes, most of the day while you need someone to answer the phone while you wait on customers. When a person calls
  more... to shop prices, they may want to shop several different tires and it takes time. Customers get tired of waiting and walk out the door while you have a mgr there that could be helping take care of his store. Ridiculous place to work. Lazy mgrs. I told the shop mgr, once, that I have never came to work to go to sleep and he just looked at me, blankly. So, I quit.
The corporation has a very good approach to customer service. If the mgmnt doesn't reflect that at the store level, they are doing disservice to their company and the people that work there.
Pros
Met some nice, hard-working people
Cons
Met some lazy people
Bait and Switch
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJune 10, 2015
Its unfortunate because this could have been a great job if they just showed that they cared about their employees. I was told 55 hrs a week its more like 60 - 70. I was told in my interview that the lowest paid manager was paid 62000.00 a year which is untrue. Lack of recognition. I toke a store from the bottom two in the market to #1 in the market #3 in region and #11 in the division and not one email or good job given. Short staffed, working 13 hrs a day, no lunch break most of the time. The culture and your viewpoint starts to change due to being exhausted. Beware!!!!
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Good friendly environment and amazing managment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 8, 2015
Taking care of the customers, follow up their complains. Management was very supportive. Co-workers were respectful of each other. I have decided to study business management, because of the management's ability to provide quality of the product and customers service.
Pros
Management, teamwork, hours, and benefits.
Cons
The teamwork helped to turn the issues into positive experience.
fun workplace
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TxApril 28, 2015
I enjoyed working for this company. I've never had difficulty working around automobiles, doing oil changes; and learned new things- such as replacing and balancing tires.
Earning potential is only limited by your effort
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  MAFebruary 15, 2015
I have an overall positive view of the company since leaving. The worst part of this job if you are management is work/life balance. Expect to work long hours and forgo your day off to spend it at work. If you are a people person and have the ability to show a customer and explain clearly what is needed with their vehicle, you can make excellent money. I would work here again in the future and left due to relocating to another state.
Pros
Earning potential
Cons
Long hours, outdated software, Budget quotas are often too inflated to be realistic.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTB. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8