nTelos Inc.

nTelos Inc. United States Employee Reviews

Sales Rep/Tech Support
Sales Representative/Tech Support (Former Employee), Ashland, VAApril 8, 2015
This company is a great started job as it teaches the basics of customer service and being able to branch out your product to the public. There have been tough situations but with the team you have everything is handled efficiently and in an orderly fashion.
Awful
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMarch 25, 2015
Laid-back, management is awful, DR will run company into ground. They say at beginning only terminated for bad sales 3 months in a row. I was there little over a month, still had not met quota, but let me go. Terrible training.
nTelos
Marketing: Events and Sponsorship Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2015
Pros: healthcare, 401k, pto, and wellness program
Cons: limited advancement
nTelos is a regional company in the wireless market. They provide many skilled jobs in VA and WV. The workflow is one of a grass roots company. Process are more streamlined and the work environment is very positive. They also provide good benefits and average wadges. I think this is a great fit for someone wanting to gain experience or start their career in the wireless industry.
Manager - Network Operations
Manager - Network Operations (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAMarch 9, 2015
I was hired to help build and manage the PCS wireless network in 1997.

I enjoyed hiring, training and mentoring new technicians, engineers and admin staff. The work and the people were awesome.

Advancement opportunities were non-existent. Many carrots were dangled and I jumped thru hoops for upper management, but new opportunities were always provided to other individuals with lesser experience. I was always told that I was too valuable to promote and that I was needed in my current position.

I don't know how many bosses I had to train.......

I eventually left Ntelos for better opportunities with room for advancement.
n/a
Credit Analyst/Customer Service (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAMarch 3, 2015
great company to work for loved the people and loved working with customers. great hours and benefits for me and my child
Good Place
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee), Daleville, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Good placed to work. Good benefits. Nice people to work with. Knowledgeable Team Leaders. Excellent Manager. Good atmosphere to work in.
Smiles and Sales at Ntelos
Retail Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lynchburg, VAFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: great co workers, commission
Cons: upper management do not appreciate employee
A typical day at Ntelos consists of taking payments, selling phones plans, phones, tablets and accessory. I have learned a lot working on cell phones and little tricks to help with general use of a cell phone. I can also trouble shoot general issues with cell phones. I have lost all my original co workers due to management change but I do enjoy the new employees; its like a small family at Ntelos. I see those people more than I see my own family. The hardest part of my job is communication with upper management. In my opinion communication with your employees is key. Happy employees make for a happy work environment. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people and forming a bond with my customers. I have people come in specifically asking for me and are willing to wait however long just so I can assist with their issue or sale.
Customer Service/ Wireless Carrier
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Staunton, VAFebruary 7, 2015
Pros: can be financially rewarding
Cons: work and home balance
* Assisting Customers with wireless needs

* Good relationship with management

* Wonderful team environment

* Can be very high stress/ work/home balance challenge

* Overall Job can be very rewarding
Flexable work environment
System Support Analyst (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: flexable
Cons: unstable company right now
Reporting, trending, Showcase Queries, SQL, Team Lead and Mgt
Unprofessional staff
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee), Suffolk, VAJanuary 18, 2015
Not all the staff was bad, but there was dysfunction within management. My stay was not long!
Store Leader (Current Employee), Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2015
Ownership
Teamwork
nice job, terrible management
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee), Forest, VADecember 4, 2014
Pros: long lunch breaks, fun job
Cons: bad management, they play favorites, zero benefits
i enjoyed working at ntelos, i loved being able to sell a product i believed in. But the management there was unbelievable and there were zero benefits. no paid vacation, no 401k, dental, medical, absolutely nothing. there were people that just got hired and were being paid more than me all because they knew the owner, they had zero experience as well. If you want to work at an ntelos avoid gravesmills and the one in the river ridge mall
Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee), Lewisburg, WVOctober 30, 2014
Pros: pay, co-workers, benefits
Cons: typical unhappy customers
nTelos is full of opportunities for anyone that can make a goal and put their mind to it. The company knows how to hire great managers and reps to where each store is like a unique family. They provide different classes and trainings to allow growth for all employees in all aspects. nTelos has great health benefits for part time and full time employees. The company takes care of all of us; we aren't just a "number." We are a regional company, so it's benefical for customers and employees because we are all from around the same areas. I love it. Wouldn't work for any other cell phone company.
Decent job
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Lewisburg, WVOctober 22, 2014
Pros: commission
Cons: angry customers
Hardest part of the job: getting yelled at because a customer forgot to pay their bill and they think it's your fault.

Best part of the job: the nice people who make your day fun and working with fun people.
Terrible Company!
FT Sales Representative (Former Employee), Woodstock, VAOctober 7, 2014
Pros: co workers
Cons: management, district managenent
i worked there for a little over a year, was a great place to work as far as pay but the management sucks!! They don't care about your personal life. Other than that issue it was great and I truly enjoyed going to work daily.
fun place to work
Technician (Former Employee), charleston WvOctober 6, 2014
loved working for this company could not ask for a more family oriented place to work
n/a
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAAugust 27, 2014
This is great part-time job if you are looking for employment. There are not a lot of hours ,but would be great for a college student.
Work here if you want a dead end career
Garbage Man (Current Employee), Waynesboro, WVJuly 21, 2014
nTelos is a dying business. The cellphone market is saturated and nTelos is not a major player. nTelos tries to chase the ideas that other companies come up with, but by the time they execute the fad has already passed. nTelos doesn't know it yet, but it is basically in a state of free fall.

If you are considering working here enjoy your two weeks of vacations until you get to 5 years.

If you think you may be smarter than the person who interviewed you. You might be, so maybe you should consider working elsewhere!
customer service
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Daleville, VAJuly 17, 2014
taking calls, have to be tech support, sales and customer retention, customers are unlike any other
loved working for company
WIRELESS CREDIT REVIEW REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAJuly 15, 2014
Pros: people you work with
Cons: open all year long
one of the best companies to work for! enjoyed going to work everyday

1 2 3

About nTelos Inc.

nTelos Wireless is a leading provider of wireless communications services to consumers and businesses in select areas of Virginia, – Read more

nTelos Inc. Salaries