nTelos Inc. Employee Reviews

Great place
Application Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VANovember 28, 2017
Ntelos was a great place to work. The people were always friendly and the company cared about it's employees. I was sorry to see it sold to another service provider.
Great job, unfortunately closed
Customer Care Representative Tier II (Former Employee) –  Covington, VANovember 21, 2017
nTelos was an awesome company to work for and you couldn't ask for better coworkers, unfortunately they closed down and I was laid off. I will never forget all the great memories I had with the company.
Selling voice & data communications
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE II (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 9, 2017
A typical day at Ntelos includes making phone calls, follow up, proposals, appointments for new or existing sells, customer service calls, using SAP to place orders. I learned if you make calls, stay focused, and work hard its worth it because the commission is rewarding. Management was lack in consistency and professionalism. The hardest part of the job was to verify and identify all necessary information for engineering. My customers were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Loved Selling
Cons
Inconsistency wtih management
Ntelos
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Lynchburg, VASeptember 28, 2017
Ntelos was a great company with an all around solid culture. The employees are like family. The executive team was really in tune with the sales team and their needs.
Fast pace work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VASeptember 12, 2017
Dealing with customers over the phone to sale wireless communication plans for cell phone. Enjoyed the work atmosphere and wonderful co-workers. Offer differential pay and other incentives.
Pros
Wonderful company to work for and great pay.
Cons
High turnover of employees
Not a good place to work
Technical Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VASeptember 11, 2017
I worked for this company when they were just getting started and they were trying to be competitive in the cell phone and internet industry. There was no room for advancement.
Pros
New building
Cons
No room for advancement
They no longer exist
Agent Owner (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 7, 2017
They no longer exist. They were purchased by another company that was an agent of Sprint. After the purchase nTelos no longer has any stores or areas of service.
horrible boss that drank
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 30, 2017
nTelos was going bankrupt, no one felt secure, so quit. More responsibility for others. Boss didn't know her job so couldn't help me. I was promoted after 6 months with company
Pros
early promotion, always business
Cons
no supervisor support
Great upbeat environment
Administrative Assistant/Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAAugust 29, 2017
A typical day at work would include ordering cellular inventory, preparing inventory for outside sales reps, data entry for all phone contracts, accessory sales and commission payouts. The managers were friendly, understanding and supportive. A great upbeat, happy environment!
Pros
equipment discounts, bonuses
Productive and Fun place to work
CUSOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE, TIER II (Former Employee) –  Covington, VAAugust 23, 2017
Ntleos was a great paying job with excellent management, customer service and great co-workers.There was also great benefits such as paid time off, insurance, and 401k.
awesome place would work there again.
Sales Representative and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Harrisonburg, VAAugust 15, 2017
Awesome place to work. They have awesome staff who will work with u on any questions or problems you may face at the time. I would honestly recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
great co workers
Cons
none that i can say
company no longer in business
Retail Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 25, 2017
company no longer in business. Worked their for a long time and is no longer in business. Ntelos made some bad choices and could not keep up with wireless industry .
not a bad place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 16, 2017
Ntelos was a good place to work. It has been purchased by Sprint and no longer exists however. I am not aware of what the structure of the company is now so it is difficult to know if the same working environment exists
Pros
good pay, can be fun
Cons
difficult scheudule at times
Positive Work place with hard working people. Good team environment with very proactive work. work was very self rewarding to see improvments.
Indirect Account Executive/ Territory Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJuly 10, 2017
Ntelos Was a very professional and positive environment. The work was very rewarding. It was great to see plans used to improve company performance and customer happiness.
Pros
proactive Workplace. No micromanagment.
Cons
Went out of Business
Stay Away
Leadership (Current Employee) –  VAJuly 8, 2017
Vision Mobile is the worst Retailer in Virginia. I encourage those that seek these job reviews take heed to my words. Underpaid organization with zero job security or room for growth.

There is no support from the Vice President (Daniel Roberson) of sales what so ever. Store managers aren't given support meaning each store is ran different with making it a MICKEY MOUSE CLUB HOUSE. It's a "Everyman for himself" type company. The owner's very rude and is a total snob with a greedy mentality that'll totally belittle and demean you anyway possible. The VP even touches people without permission and takes zero responsibility for his actions.

Sprint by Vision Mobile is the worst retailer in Central Virginia. James Darrell Turner (owner) needs to loose his dealer license to sell Sprint and represent their services. Shentel should take a closer review in its partners.
Pros
Paid Lunch break
Cons
Ignorant individuals
Wonderful Place
Customer Care Rep, Quality Assurance, Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAJune 26, 2017
I loved working for this company for 11+ years. Hated to see it sell. Management was the best, and tons of incentives to help you hit goals. Miss the atmosphere.
Was great while it lasted...
TIER II CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAJune 26, 2017
They closed the call center and this is no longer a viable place of employment. While working there, I made a lot of friends though and picked up a lot of skills that have assisted me in getting other jobs.
Good job
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAJune 24, 2017
This was a good job. It sucked some days but the call center environment was full of fun and laughter. Left this job for personal reasons nothing to do with company.
None existant
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAJune 8, 2017
The company pulled out of my area without warning, thus firing all the employees it had. If they ever expand again, don't take a position with them, since you have no idea how long it will last.
Great company!
Wireless Product Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAMay 24, 2017
The YMCA is truly part of the community. It has a true affect on the kids which is our future. I'm thankful to have had the opportunity to work there.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
None!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at nTelos Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9