nTelos Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Place to work
Retail Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VANovember 8, 2016
Sad they let us go with no notice. Other than that I was a wonderful company to work for compensation was great the work environment was wonderful. The peopleI worked with were great.
Build with you customrs!!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 14, 2016
A typical day for me at work is the day to day experiences that i have with the customers and the people that i work with. Ive have learned so much about the wonderful world of phones from MSN to MD, serial numbers, breaking through phones, and repair. Management is great as long as i did what i was told and sale alot of phones, co-workers are great it's like a ying and yang sometimes that are certain skills that one can do better than the other while showing them (both ways). the hardest part of the job making sure the customer doesn't drop their new phone, most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer that i sold a phone to and the next day they walk through the door with there friends.
Pros
love talking to people.
Cons
Making sure the customer doesnt drop the phone after the sale is made.
Good place to work, laid back attitude, excellent co-workers.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 28, 2016
I served as an Executive Administrator to the VP for nTelos. My job was to assist him with taking minutes for director's staff meetings, keep the office running smoothly, serve as liaison to vendors for our office, and all other matters which did not require his immediate attention. Learning how to settle disputes among co-workers with regard to cubicle management, personality conflicts, etc., was one of the many things I learned in the position. It was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the position. The hardest part of the job was saying no to co-workers who also happened to be friends. I believe that I handled that part of the job very well as I was privileged to work with people who were fair minded and understood my reasons for having to refuse their requests.
Pros
Meeting new people, working with outside companies, close to home, terrific boss and co-workers.
Cons
Not challenging enough, few advancement opportunities, management consisted mostly of men.
nTelos Wireless
Facilities Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 19, 2015
The employees are always friendly and encouraging. I receive "thank you" and recognition just for doing my job. This is one of the greatest benefits.

The management team at nTelos Wireless is supportive and encouraging. I have been able to continue my education and develop as a professional facility manager.

I have managed emergencies for nTelos Wireless and there is always a team to support and assist with whatever I needed.

Working for nTelos has been very rewarding and will help me as I move forward in my career.
Pros
Management Support, Education, Career Development
Cons
Uncertain future
Typical Day at nTelos
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lynchburg, VAAugust 18, 2015
A typical day for me at nTelos starting here was very simple if you know how to talk to people, and enjoy it. I learned how to pick out plans and phones that fixed different lifestyles. I got to make commission on a monthly basis. The management was poor at first when I saw my boss taking money from the drawer at night and I turned her in because I got tired of seeing it. She got fired, I got bumped up to an Assistant Manager. After taking on that position, I picked up really good communication skills, was in charge of payroll, and had professional meetings with Managers, and got offered benefits after a probation period. There really wasn't a bad thing to say about this job other than the incident with the Manager. I loved to be in my own office and talks to all of the customers. I liked meeting new people and making them happy before they walked out the door.
Pros
Assistant Manager pay was good, we got along together, met a lot of new people, was good at what I did, you can eat while you work in your office
Cons
Manager stealing money, environment was very dull
ntelos
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 8, 2016
ntelos was a good company to work for and had a lot of perks that made you feel like the company cared about you. over the years those perks went away and were replaced by more rules and confusing decisions by upper management lead to the company being sold and many people losing their jobs
Good corporate culture with many opportunities for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Good corporate culture with many opportunities for advancement. Good management staff that treated people well, and the company had a good focus on training employees.
Pros
culture, pay
Cons
hectic days
regular job
Senior Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Ashland, KYSeptember 27, 2016
The company was great to work for. They were very employee oriented. Lots of sales contests. A lot of opportunity to make money.
Productive, Fast Paced, Great Co-Workers.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VAApril 28, 2014
The security this job offered was amazing as far as benefits, I loved my co-workers and my supervisors and team leads where very understanding and supportive. They had regular scheduled event days or holiday celebrations to help reduce the stress of the phone calls. Very supportive in you continuing your education, as well. If I had not broken my ankle I would still be employed there I absolutely adored the job. You were always giving chances to advance based on your work history, which training and education was always available to better your career. The longer you were employed the quicker your hours would change from night shift to day shift, but you were allowed two 15 min breaks and an hour or 30 minute lunch, your choice of the lunch break.
Pros
Great Benefits, Amazing co-workers, supportive team leads and supervisors, supportive of continuing education.
Cons
Long hours, stressful and irate customers.
Excellent, stimulating, growing company!!
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAApril 18, 2013
I have been incredibly impressed with the Leadership of this organization, the quality of the employees and the level of engagement throughout the company since coming on board. There is an incredible mix of backgrounds, tenure and talent that help the company compete against huge companies in the industry, very well. The essence of working here can be summed up in 3 of our 7 core values that are truly lived by - Employee Growth, Teamwork and Integrity. If you are talented, a hard worker, positive, if you are motivated, want opportunities for career growth, if you want an environment where your contributions matter, if you want to have fun in the process and work with other really smart people, then you would likely fit in well here.
Pros
culture, opportunities for growth, comp and benefits, leadership
Cons
rapid change and some uncertainty in the industry, tough to keep up with at times
Highly motivated store-level management training highly motivated sales representatives
Retail Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 27, 2015
This job had a great balance of commissionaire sales opportunity and device trouble shooting. Although, the hourly rate was lower than that of the competition, the commission rates were much higher. The staff was as much of a supportive family as it was a playfully competitive environment. However, this environment was not in place at every location. Overall it was majorly a fun and profitable work environment.
Pros
High commission, Long fair breaks, family-like staff, full benefits available, plenty of hours
Cons
Small company that inevitably sold their network
Great company with great benefits
Customer care Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Daleville, VAFebruary 25, 2015
Representatives take 60 to 90 calls a day
Supervisors at 20 to 40 calls a day
there is training offered monthly on and off site
Many training courses also have college creditability
Management very helpful to all employees
Strong team work for all coworkers across departments
hardest part of the job is making sure every customer is satisfied
Most enjoyable part is finding that solution that satisfies the customer
Pros
Two breaks, Flexable lunches, training, Health care benefits
Cons
Short notice overtime based on call volume
Oppressive company chasing its tail
Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAApril 1, 2013
I have worked in several areas. Management talks about core values, but leads from the rear. The only time you interact with management is at "rah rah"; events when they tell you things are going well. Pay is very low, and management admits this is intentional because it draws from people in the valley, some of whom can't travel far.

Lots of fights between departments, and I had employees tell me their bosses instructed them how to protect their own departments and not to work with others. It reminds me of old companies that are rigid. Management is frantic to find new ideas, but does not check to see if they are profitable. Most strategy discussions are focused on how to increase costs to customers, instead of offering better services.
Pros
some good managers, benefits are decent if you are full time (good luck with that if you are a store worker).
Cons
could list for an hour. chaotic work hours, understaffed in key jobs, little to no training in many jobs, low pay, strategy constantly shifts
Fun and Exciting Place to Work
Territory Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton RoadsDecember 3, 2014
On a typical day, I would visit and educate my dealer on the going on with the company, any news that effect their particular location, changing out of any collateral, and teach and educate the dealer on all new products, while providing refreshers on older material. After visits, I would prospect potential dealers in the Hampton Roads Market. When prospecting, I sell the dealer on the benefits of selling NTELOS over the other competitors. After prospecting, I do owner meetings to help develop strategies to grow their business for the month and quarter. From that point on it paperwork and on call duty. The best part of my job is helping people grow their business and their dreams.
A calm environment
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAJuly 2, 2013
There is no typical day at work when you work for Ntelos.
Ive learned to never expect the same thing and I can not become Complacent. My management is amazing and i couldnt ask for anyone better. My co-workers are all very hardworking and fun to with. There is no hard part of a job for me, I can accomplish anything set in front of me. the most enjoyable part of work is watching a quest leave happy with a smile on there face.
Pros
Great time for lunch, benefits are great and my Phone bill is 15$
Cons
I think i should be getting paid a little more than i am, seeing my military background and IT skills.
nice job, terrible management
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Forest, VADecember 4, 2014
i enjoyed working at ntelos, i loved being able to sell a product i believed in. But the management there was unbelievable and there were zero benefits. no paid vacation, no 401k, dental, medical, absolutely nothing. there were people that just got hired and were being paid more than me all because they knew the owner, they had zero experience as well. If you want to work at an ntelos avoid gravesmills and the one in the river ridge mall
Pros
long lunch breaks, fun job
Cons
bad management, they play favorites, zero benefits
nTelos
Marketing: Events and Sponsorship Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 14, 2015
nTelos is a regional company in the wireless market. They provide many skilled jobs in VA and WV. The workflow is one of a grass roots company. Process are more streamlined and the work environment is very positive. They also provide good benefits and average wadges. I think this is a great fit for someone wanting to gain experience or start their career in the wireless industry.
Pros
healthcare, 401k, PTO, and wellness program
Cons
limited advancement
Csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  dalevlle, VAAugust 10, 2015
This was by far the best work environment I have ever had the opportunity to be apart of. We assisted customers with cellular issues and billing questions and concerns. However I believe the could have offered a better compensation to long term employees when they closed our office. they did however assist with job searches and ect to get us into another position.
Opportunity
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVOctober 30, 2014
nTelos is full of opportunities for anyone that can make a goal and put their mind to it. The company knows how to hire great managers and reps to where each store is like a unique family. They provide different classes and trainings to allow growth for all employees in all aspects. nTelos has great health benefits for part time and full time employees. The company takes care of all of us; we aren't just a "number." We are a regional company, so it's benefical for customers and employees because we are all from around the same areas. I love it. Wouldn't work for any other cell phone company.
Pros
Pay, co-workers, benefits
Cons
Typical unhappy customers
Overall Great Place to Work
Corporate Manager (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAApril 23, 2013
While the work is fast-paced and demanding, it is a great enviroment for someone to learn and grow within an organization. Every company is going to want you to do more with less these days and the beauty of Ntelos is that you are actually given the tools to accomplish that goal and not expected to do it without any help.

I have been increasingly impressed with how well the company treats its employees. There is a level of fairness that I have not seen from other companies where I worked.

Overall, I am very happy to be a part of the Ntelos team!
Pros
excellent benefits, caring work enviroment, and the tools to learn and grow with the company
Cons
long work hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at nTelos Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.