nTelos Inc. Employee Reviews

Build with you customrs!!!!
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJuly 14, 2016
A typical day for me at work is the day to day experiences that i have with the customers and the people that i work with. Ive have learned so much about the wonderful world of phones from MSN to MD, serial numbers, breaking through phones, and repair. Management is great as long as i did what i was told and sale alot of phones, co-workers are great it's like a ying and yang sometimes that are certain skills that one can do better than the other while showing them (both ways). the hardest part of the job making sure the customer doesn't drop their new phone, most enjoyable part of the job is seeing a customer that i sold a phone to and the next day they walk through the door with there friends.
Pros
love talking to people.
Cons
Making sure the customer doesnt drop the phone after the sale is made.
Job review
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VAJune 6, 2016
I love working in customer service interacting with people and helping customers solve their issues. I also helped customers choose a great phone plan that best fit their budget and lifestyle.
Good place to work, laid back attitude, excellent co-workers.
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 28, 2016
I served as an Executive Administrator to the VP for nTelos. My job was to assist him with taking minutes for director's staff meetings, keep the office running smoothly, serve as liaison to vendors for our office, and all other matters which did not require his immediate attention. Learning how to settle disputes among co-workers with regard to cubicle management, personality conflicts, etc., was one of the many things I learned in the position. It was also one of the most enjoyable parts of the position. The hardest part of the job was saying no to co-workers who also happened to be friends. I believe that I handled that part of the job very well as I was privileged to work with people who were fair minded and understood my reasons for having to refuse their requests.
Pros
Meeting new people, working with outside companies, close to home, terrific boss and co-workers.
Cons
Not challenging enough, few advancement opportunities, management consisted mostly of men.
Good corporate culture with many opportunities for advancement
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 8, 2016
Good corporate culture with many opportunities for advancement. Good management staff that treated people well, and the company had a good focus on training employees.
Pros
culture, pay
Cons
hectic days
I always enjoyed coming to work.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAFebruary 19, 2016
Retail was a different environment for me. A typical day in the store was taking payments for bills and the sale of new contracts and upgrading plans. I have always worked close with the public and used my customer service skills on a lot of levels. This was however a new ball game for me. I worked with great people. My manager was one of the favorites I think I've ever had.
Great pay but too many chiefs not enough indians
Retail Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 29, 2016
Doesnt matter what i say about them cause they wont exist as a company as of march 2016. They were bought out by Shentel Communications.
Pros
Decent Commission Structure
Cons
Management, favoritism, etc.
Great call center work place
Va. - Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Covington, VAJanuary 12, 2016
I worked in a call center, doing secretarial skills (answering phones, computer work, etc.). I helped customers with their bills, with activating and replacing phones, anything to help the customer with the questions.
Pros
The pay was great
Cons
The short staff was sometimes rough on all of us other co-workers
nice employees and management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 17, 2015
the job was a great experience and a great stepping stone and tool to use to improve my skills in order to bring me to the next level.
Pros
discounts
Cons
N/a
nTelos will train if you want to learn something new.
Helpdesk and Computer Operator (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VANovember 15, 2015
nTelos will give on the job training and help pay for further classes if you want to learn a new field.
Management is supportive and encouraging.
Excellent place to work
Purchasing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VANovember 9, 2015
Reviewing emails, purchase orders, and requisitions. Answer phones, email correspondence with vendors. Updating spreadsheet per mailed back checks or change of address.
Pros
Great people, interesting work
Cons
Not enough work to keep busy all week.
Productive like a work family
Handset Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VANovember 4, 2015
I loved working at Ntelos. The atmosphere was good. Coworkers were wonderful and friendly.

Typical day at work was very relaxed but busy.

I learned a lot, Microsoft excel, access, a lot about cell phones.

Management was good for the most part. Some days were not he best when a mistake was made.
Pros
Always willing to work with you if you missed time or had a family emergency
Cons
short breaks
Sales Associate
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAOctober 20, 2015
Helping customers make payments. I learned how to commnicate to with the customers. Management was poor. I enjoyed my co worker. Saleing phones was the hardest part of the job. Helping the customers my the most enjoyable part of my job.
nTelos offered a great opportunity to be involved with cutting edge technology for the Wireless industry
Applications Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VirginiaOctober 19, 2015
On a typical day I work on multiple projects and interacted with different business units. Management is always available and knowledgeable. It is a great team atmosphere.
Good Company
Network operations (Former Employee) –  RichmondOctober 6, 2015
After 15 years of service I was laid off due to the company ceasing operations in eastern Virginia Richmond /Hampton roads
Pros
Great group of people to work with
Cons
company run by group of investors that only care about lining their pockets
Very good for experiance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Daleville, VASeptember 19, 2015
I learned a lot at Ntelos that I did not know before I worked there, That is one of my favorite things! I love learning knew things and taking away useful information that I can use in everyday life.
Manager
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  morgantown, WVSeptember 2, 2015
hours were terrible, pay was low compared to work required. poor upper management and communications. very slow to change and got passed by several competitors
Subject to market fluctuations
Network Engineer (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro, VASeptember 1, 2015
Ntelos Wireless is a great place to work, however like all telecommunications industries, there is little job security.
Great Oppurtunity that Ended Too Soon
Customer Care Representative (Current Employee) –  Waynesboro VaAugust 26, 2015
Really loved the Call Center work environment. Ntelos was promising for opportunities to grow and develop as a productive part of a working team. Due to the pending Merger with Shentel scheduled early 2016 most call center representatives with have to find new work as the sales positions to which they are permitted to apply are not best suited for all those facing this career transition. The severance offer is very little and the incentive to remain employed with ntelos throughout their transition is lacking in that the notice of an unemployment date may not allow adequate time for employees to find new positions with different organizations.
Pros
Ntelos was a great learning experince
Cons
Transitioning to a career w/o the benefit of tenure
Back to Back Calls
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Covington Call CenterAugust 25, 2015
Handle customer inquiries, complaints, billing questions and payment extension/service requests. Calm angry callers, repair trust, locate resources for problem resolution and design best-option solutions.

•Managed a high-volume workload within a deadline-driven environment. Resolved an average of 75 inquiries in any given day and consistently met performance benchmarks in all areas (speed, accuracy, volume).
• communication skills, listening skills, problem resolution and politeness.
• initiative, enthusiasm, tenacity, persuasiveness, intense customer focus and dependability in performance evaluations.
•Completed voluntary customer service training to learn ways to enhance customer satisfaction and improve productivity.

Hardest part:: know I am losing my job
Pros
Free cellphone
Cons
Insurance
We all did our jobs but laughed alot. A great place to work.
Production Administrator (Former Employee) –  Waynesboro, VAAugust 20, 2015
ALL the people I worked with were wonderful. We were a family who was there through divorce, weddings, births, happy times and sad times.
I had a wonder manager who was always there to help or just listen to a problem even if it was not work related.
Pros
Great Christmas parties and co workers
Cons
I do not have any cons with ntelos except when they no longer needed my position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at nTelos Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval