nTelos Inc.

nTelos Inc. Employer Reviews

Don't work here
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAJune 7, 2013
Pros: you get an hour lunch
Cons: you get crapped on by upper management
The benefits are overpriced and lacking. They expect you to work your fingers to the bone, but don't want you working a minute over 40 to get everything done correctly. The healthcare is through Anthem, but the policy is high priced and you still have to pay an insane amount out of pocket. Certain people in HR are terrible. They do not know what they – more... are doing, and have cause many people many tears from their lack of competency. The managers use their employees to set up other employees just to get them fired, and then once they are through with them they find a way to lie and get that other employee fired. HONESTY is not the best policy at this company. They claim they are making strides to move the company forward in the right direction, but they are not up to the 4G standards set by the leading competitors. In their big HOORAH Go Ntelos Meetings at the Zeus Theatres they discuss how they are Number One with customers, when a person with any computer skills can go online and look up company ratings online. As much as Ntelos bad-mouths Verizon it still appears that Ntelos is the underdog and not making the strides to keep up with the big dogs or keep the customer's they have. They had one plan that was $99.99 for smartphone family plan for two lines and then additional lines were $39.99 extra. Then they got rid of this plan for not even a month, only to bring it back at a higher cost. Yea that is business, but this company doesn't care who they squash to try and compensate for their lack of improvements. They say they stand for Integrity...but they lack that greatly. I was happier when I was a temp working through Adecco for this company, than when I was working for Ntelos itself. – less
Nice People, Fun Work Enviorment, Great Compensation
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 27, 2013
Pros: great pay, good people
Cons: poor customer base, bad location
My typical day would consist of counting inventory, greeting customers, plenty of smiles, and learning all about phones. I learned how to treat the customer first, but not sacrifice the integrity of your employer. My management was the best! I want to give a shout out to Mrs. King and the whole Vision Mobile team for a strong year! My co-workers were – more... also awesome and we worked great together. The hardest part of the job was rejection. You could have the best sales pitch ever but if the customer is just headstrong, be prepared for rejection. The most enjoyable part of the job was right fitting the customer into the phone of their dreams and making sure they left with everything they wanted down to the smallest details. – less
Summary
Device Engineer (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMay 17, 2013
Developed and Executed lab and field test plans related to UEs according to company CDMA/LTE requirements. Investigation, troubleshooting and resolution of UE issues (bug documentation and tracking, log capture and analysis, implementation of fix and regression testing. Contributed to the development and evolution of testing methodologies – execution, – more... verification/validation, and reporting. Collaborate effectively with peers across the multi- site organization to solve complex pre and post launch problems spanning their respective areas and interface with the OEM to resolve all issues in a timely and effective manner. Created UE software test scripts for as well as RF scripts. Gathered and analyzed data on device performance – less
Fast paced, exciting work environment
Director (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAMay 7, 2013
Pros: company size, wireless industry, b2c
Typical day includes working with multiple business units on challenging projects to help customers, create new solutions and define opportunities to grow the business. Working in the wireless industry is a bonus if you are interested in mobile phones and technology in general. Fun, supportive work environment.
Nothing is Ever Good Enough
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VAMay 6, 2013
Pros: cellphone bill was covered, it was a pay check, and the corporate heads were great people!
Cons: integrity fell short on some of the managers, team leads, and hr people. also, pay rate too low, insurance too high, work to hour to person ratio is off.
There are certain people at this company that really shouldn't be there. One in particular would will actually interrupt you, talk over you, and yell at you that you are wrong, but then turn around and say that you were argumentative. He says he wants to help, but really he means he wants to help you out the door. They say they don't want excessive – more... overtime, but when you stop getting so much overtime, they want to know why the amount of work has gone down and they still accuse you of getting excessive overtime.

Don't get me wrong, I loved working with some of the people in the corporate office, as there were many that did live up to the motto Integrity and Loyalty. But a few select people made you wish they would just call out every day of work. Their constant complaining about aspects of their job, their constant pushing things off on you so they wouldn't have to do it, and their constant negativity just brought everyone down.

When I was a temp working for this company, I busted my butt so they wouldn't have too. Once I got hired on they waited until the day before my benefits started and paid time off that I had earned started before they fired me. In addition the problems you have to put up with, the cattiness of some of the women, the pay isn't that much more than what you would make as a temp working for this company. When I went from Temp to Full-Time I made a quarter raise...a no I don't mean 1/4 more than what I was making before I mean .25 cents more. The benefits are higher priced than what I paid for better insurance plan through Anthem, but with a different company. The only plus side was the ability to have my phone pretty much paid for, only have to pay taxes and insurance.

I was told it was a blessing in disguise that I am no longer with this company and to be honest, I consider this a blessing that I don't have to work with those people anymore. Ntelos is a great company, but if they want to stay in the game there are some changes they need to consider making in order to improve.
1) Do away with people who are not happy with their jobs to the point they are making lies to push competition out the door.
2) Upgrade your insurance package to a better for your employees.
3) Upgrade your Towers...everything is 4G now. – less
Productive workplace.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee), Lynchburg, VAMay 5, 2013
It was a well established company with great people in management. I enjoyed working with this company and the pay was great.
Productive work enviorment
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Covington, VAApril 29, 2013
Everybody was very nice and willing to teach you things, very productive company
Overall Great Place to Work
Corporate Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAApril 23, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits, caring work enviroment, and the tools to learn and grow with the company
Cons: long work hours
While the work is fast-paced and demanding, it is a great enviroment for someone to learn and grow within an organization. Every company is going to want you to do more with less these days and the beauty of Ntelos is that you are actually given the tools to accomplish that goal and not expected to do it without any help.

I have been increasingly impressed – more... with how well the company treats its employees. There is a level of fairness that I have not seen from other companies where I worked.

Overall, I am very happy to be a part of the Ntelos team! – less
Great Environment
Analyst (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAApril 23, 2013
Great place to grow and learn with wonderful people to help you.
Challenging and Rewarding
Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAApril 22, 2013
Pros: fast changing, challenging, fosters professional growth, a great team
Cons: nothing significant - it's a great place to work
nTelos is an extremely dynamic organization that is constantly changing. The pace of work is fast and there’s a new challenge every day. The technology used is evolving so fast, it’s difficult to keep up, and the organization is changing every bit as fast. If you want to learn and grow, this is one of the best companies in the area. It can be a very – more... difficult and stressful environment for people who want it easy or want the same monotonous thing every day, but for those of us who thrive on challenge and are willing to work hard to succeed, it’s one of the best organizations I’ve seen. The expectations are high, but the sense of accomplishment is equally high. Fortunately, most people here are high performers who want to be challenged and are never satisfied with mediocre work. This provides an environment where people motivate each other to grow and develop. I’ve been impressed with the talent level of the team here. The team is very bright, dedicated, skilled, adaptable and hard working. The organization also works hard to promote from within, and top performers can move fast. Overall, it's a very rewarding environment that never gets dull and pushes us to improve every day. It's amazing how much I've learned since I started, and I can't see that growth ever slowing. – less
Excellent, stimulating, growing company!!
Senior Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAApril 18, 2013
Pros: culture, opportunities for growth, comp and benefits, leadership
Cons: rapid change and some uncertainty in the industry, tough to keep up with at times
I have been incredibly impressed with the Leadership of this organization, the quality of the employees and the level of engagement throughout the company since coming on board. There is an incredible mix of backgrounds, tenure and talent that help the company compete against huge companies in the industry, very well. The essence of working here can – more... be summed up in 3 of our 7 core values that are truly lived by - Employee Growth, Teamwork and Integrity. If you are talented, a hard worker, positive, if you are motivated, want opportunities for career growth, if you want an environment where your contributions matter, if you want to have fun in the process and work with other really smart people, then you would likely fit in well here. – less
Oppressive company chasing its tail
Manager (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VAApril 1, 2013
Pros: some good managers, benefits are decent if you are full time (good luck with that if you are a store worker).
Cons: could list for an hour. chaotic work hours, understaffed in key jobs, little to no training in many jobs, low pay, strategy constantly shifts
I have worked in several areas. Management talks about core values, but leads from the rear. The only time you interact with management is at "rah rah"; events when they tell you things are going well. Pay is very low, and management admits this is intentional because it draws from people in the valley, some of whom can't travel far.

Lots of fights – more... between departments, and I had employees tell me their bosses instructed them how to protect their own departments and not to work with others. It reminds me of old companies that are rigid. Management is frantic to find new ideas, but does not check to see if they are profitable. Most strategy discussions are focused on how to increase costs to customers, instead of offering better services. – less
Most Stressful part of my career
Store Manager (Former Employee), Chesapeake, VAFebruary 7, 2013
Sales, sales, sales
Awesome experience but the most stressful
Wireless Sales Representative, Staunton, VA
Wireless Sales Representative (Former Employee), Staunton, VAJanuary 23, 2013
Pros: benefits, able to choose lunch breaks.
Cons: poor sales, bad managment, horrible customers.
Pretty good morale with co-workers, horrible management that was almost non-existant at my location. Got used to dealing with the angry customers daily and had no backup from management or co-workers. Considering the stores location sales were always dismal and the quota was rarely met every month. Good service provider but horribly ran company.
High paced working environment
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Covington, VAJanuary 22, 2013
Pros: meeting new people
I enjoyed working as a sales rep.. Working with customers and providing great customer service was important to me.
productive sales
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee), Bluefield, WVJanuary 7, 2013
Learned the importance of customer relationships and loyalty.
Poor Place to work
Customer Relations Consultant (Former Employee), Waynesboro, VADecember 26, 2012
Pros: 8-5
Cons: no benefits, & poor pay, poor work enviroment
Checking VM, Mail, checking timecards for punches for employees,. shipping, invoicing, Accounts payable, Accounts receivable, Once all of that was done I filed invoices and answered incoming calls and also trying to keep the VP's temper cooled about the amount of money was being spent and hoping he would not be there when the credit card stmt arrived – more... due to his wife's shopping habits. – less
Backwater
Contractor/ Software Development (Current Employee), Waynesboro VADecember 11, 2012
Pros: you can become a senior manager or director without going to college
Cons: too many to list
This company only gives 2 weeks of vacation for the first 5 years! It's a never ending position of chasing the next marketing idea, and trying to save the company money. A 5 year old could look at some of these projects and determine the ROI predicted will never happen.

I can't wait to leave.

One perk is most of the employees drink too much so you – more... can usually find someone to drink with and you won't be the only one in the office with a hangover. – less
Exciting place to work
Executive Assistant/Paralegal (Current Employee), Waynesboro, VADecember 3, 2012
Pros: casual friday
I haven't worked here for very long, but it already seems as though management is very encouraging of employee development/advancement. Plenty of perks to the job, including frequent lunchtime events and fundraisers, as well as very friendly and helpful people.
Professional and Fun place to work
Logistics Planner (Current Employee), WaynesboroDecember 3, 2012
Pros: work schedule / life balance
Very Professional Environment with great core values. Work is challenging and Managers are supportive during the learning process. HR Department is always available for support or to answer questions about benefits, etc. Tenured employees are helpful with training.

About nTelos Inc.

nTelos Wireless is a leading provider of wireless communications services to consumers and businesses in select areas of Virginia, – Read more