Ntiva Employee Reviews in United States

Failure To Launch
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 13, 2015
DC IT companies are a dime a dozen. And this one is just spinning its wheels like most of them.

You can expect:

*a non-competitive compensation for the industry standard for the DC area. Ntiva is yet another small company that will work you day and night and underpay.

*Extremely cliquey, cult-like, high school company culture. Fit in or be fired.

*Favoritism from the top.

*Management that expects miracles with very few resources/staff. You will be setup for failure.

*Technical staff that is overworked, overextended, unmotivated, mechanical, and rigid.

*So-so benefits that don't kick in at start-date.

*Completely out-of-touch management that fosters toxic business relationships and belligerent, abusive customers.

*Little to no training. Expect to get thrown in and fight fires your second week.

*Very prevalent and murky conflicts of interests between clients and management/CEO.

*Extremely resistant to change. Company is mired in business processes and standards that are last decade.

*Selective accountability and oversight.

In short, this is a company that has been around for 10 years and just can't get out of second gear. They're more concerned with everyone fitting into the company clique/culture than they are with success/growth. All of the above reasons are why they can't hire or keep talented people. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Don't believe the "Best Place To Work" Hype
Pros
Nice building. Modern office
Cons
Cliquey, High School work environment, Toxic and abusive customers, CEO who fully supports and stirs all of it

Comment – December 9, 2015

Thanks for your feedback, we’re sorry you didn’t have a successful experience here. Ntiva works very hard to create a positive experience where team members work well together in a friendly environment to best serve our clients. So, indeed we do expect that our employees will “fit in” by treating each other with respect in interpersonal communications. While we disagree on the high school thing, it’s absolutely true that anyone who doesn’t buy in to this culture and play nicely with others won’t last long here. With that said, we do make every effort to identify negative communication styles and coach/train our employees when they’re not meeting those standards. Not everyone will respond positively to these efforts, and that’s ok. Ntiva’s not for everyone; we have a high standard for our employees and that won’t change. Account Managers in any field will have the occasional interaction with a dissatisfied client, and those interactions can be difficult. It comes with the territory of being an Account Manager, anywhere you work. We expect our team, especially Account Managers, to diplomatically work with all of our clients to resolve their issues and deliver world-class customer service. Again, that’s a high bar and it’s not for everyone. It’s always tough to find and hire great people, but keeping them hasn’t been an issue. At our holiday party this weekend (pictures on our Facebook page!), we celebrated several employees who have hit the 5-year mark and one who had his 10-year anniversary this year. Not bad for a company that’s been around just over 10 years! You mention  more... our “Best Places to Work” awards for the past 10 consecutive years. We’re pretty proud of those. They’re awarded based on anonymous employee feedback, and most folks seem pretty darn happy to work here. For more info, check out the most recent Washingtonian Magazine: “Best Places to Work: 2015.” We’re in there.

We think it’s a great place to work, and our employees tend to think so too. We’re sorry you didn’t, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Hard Work Pays Off
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 24, 2014
A typical day at Ntiva was always challenging. I had regular client visits and known tasks plus there were always new things I got pulled into. I learned more here than anywhere else and wish I was still part of that family. When you worked hard you were noticed and rewarded (recognition, increases, learning opportunities), when you slacked off you were attacked from many angles and people (peers, managers, even the president).
Pros
advanced and education opportunities, great people, hot dog fridays!
Cons
hard work, high accountability/expectations
A great place to grow and be challenged
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 20, 2013
I never learned more than what I learned at Ntiva. I increased my technical skillset on a daily basis and never had a moment where I was not challenges and bored. This is a great environment for people who are looking to grow and get exposure to technologies. As I understand it, they are now at the point where there are different opportunities available depending on how much growth vs. stability you want. It is truly a company of great people who care about what they do, each other, and the customers they server.
Pros
caring team members who help their colleagues and ensure they do the best for the clients, good benefits and healthcare, great bonuses
Cons
very fast paced (can be a pro depending on your propensity for it)
When IT Matters… Choose Ntiva!
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 28, 2013
I love the daily challenges and working out the best technical solutions for our clients.
Ntiva has a fantastic management team and Ntiva have been voted “best places to work” for the last 5 years in the Washington Business Journal. Management is always open to new ideas and has an open door policy. Very easy to talk with them.
Never a boring day at Ntiva. The daily technical challenges are always different and we are always looking to wow and delight the client.
Ntiva is a career not a job – With effort and determination, I feel you can advance and grow as much as you want at Ntiva.
Pros
ntiva is always on the cutting edge of technology and provides new and exciting tools to do our job.
Cons
traffic in the dc area is the worst.
A growing company that cares about people and gets excited about technology.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Every day at Ntiva is different, whether it requires focus on a challenging issue for a client in need of trouble-shooting or working with a colleague to develop/create a new solution, I like the diversity of my workload and the people I work with. Sure, Ntivians work hard, but they also like to play. It is fun to take out the hockey sticks on a Tuesday afternoon or catch up with someone in another department over hot dogs on Fridays.
Pros
people, diversity of clients, teamwork/collaborative environment, growth opportunities
Cons
i wish i could get more face time with colleagues working in other locations, we have the technology, i just prefer being in the same room to catch up.
Highly Productive & Flexible Workplace
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 29, 2013
Learn more here than any other company or education facility
Management was being to develop, company culture allows for flexibility if you are delivering support to peers and wowing clients.
Team really has everyone's back.
Enjoy the rapid paced growth environment
Pros
great team, never bored, always learning, excellent benefits
Cons
traffic in area can often be frustrating but it is worth it
Lots of down time
Infrastructure Cabling Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 3, 2013
Sitting at my desk waiting for work
Learned how to pull cable through drop ceilings
Not much management and not much of a team
hardest part of the job was trying to organize and no one had a clue where to start
The enjoyable part was the down time
Pros
down time
Cons
unorganized

Ntiva Reviews by Location