Ntiva Employee Reviews

Lots of room to grow as an IT pro
ITRR Lead Technician (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAJuly 17, 2017
Sys admins or sys admins to be this a great place to cut your teeth and pick up skills working with many clients on various platforms to help improve your skill and understanding.
Company lacks...
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJune 26, 2017
Company lacks serious direction. Their unofficial motto is "we pay the industry standard". With industry standard pay comes... industry standard employees. No real incentive to go above and beyond let alone stay at this company any serious period of time. Anyone with any potential will quickly realize they can and will make more money at another company that actually values them as employees.

Management seems to just do what they think the employees want without actually listening to the employees concerns and feedback.

Constant employee turn over is very negative on company outlook and moral moving into the future.
Pros
Cons
nickle and dime you for everything
Good Resume Builder
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAMay 31, 2017
Good People for the most part. If you are looking to learn this is a good startup for you. Hot dog Fridays but it can get old. You get yearly review with manager.
Ntiva - Cookie Cutter MSP for the Bro
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Tysons Corner, VAApril 5, 2017
About Ntiva as a corporation. They function as a high school group in terms of management & advancement. Their top engineer was not knowledgeable in terms of any networking and considered STP (Spanning Tree Protocol) a layer 3 routing protocol. He commented one day on how it was enabled on a switch and how it should be disabled.

This is not necessarily a bad thing or a good thing. Their top management wants to advance to the next level of corporate hierarchy but honestly will never get there if their engineers are intimidated by knowledge and act like school girls when someone smarter comes along. Instead of listening to them they shun them and try to get them fired. Human pride, vanity and ego does not advance an organization.

Their management wanted changes made without any change management. Myself - I have practiced change management for years and I was against making changes on the fly. Management pushed against this idea every time I brought it up. Of course when I did bring it up, I proved exactly why change management should be an adopted practice. In every situation it ended disastrously because no one was thinking of impact. Any impact analysis I advised on was discarded before a change but unfortunately happened and the customer paid for not following this practice.

This company is good for those who want to launch their career and learn the basics of systems & a small amount of networking. If you are looking for more in depth knowledge you should look elsewhere.

Lack of knowledge on the MSP's side should never be a reasons the customer does not get
  more... the best service. Unfortunately letting the customer know that Ntiva didn't know everything was a bad thing in their eyes. Truthful and honesty was not a policy that was followed and I was against this as well. Its like the old school IT guy that uses big words and creates problems just to secure his job, except at a much bigger scale.  less
Failure To Launch
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  McLean, VANovember 13, 2015
DC IT companies are a dime a dozen. And this one is just spinning its wheels like most of them.

You can expect:

*a non-competitive compensation for the industry standard for the DC area. Ntiva is yet another small company that will work you day and night and underpay.

*Extremely cliquey, cult-like, high school company culture. Fit in or be fired.

*Favoritism from the top.

*Management that expects miracles with very few resources/staff. You will be setup for failure.

*Technical staff that is overworked, overextended, unmotivated, mechanical, and rigid.

*So-so benefits that don't kick in at start-date.

*Completely out-of-touch management that fosters toxic business relationships and belligerent, abusive customers.

*Little to no training. Expect to get thrown in and fight fires your second week.

*Very prevalent and murky conflicts of interests between clients and management/CEO.

*Extremely resistant to change. Company is mired in business processes and standards that are last decade.

*Selective accountability and oversight.

In short, this is a company that has been around for 10 years and just can't get out of second gear. They're more concerned with everyone fitting into the company clique/culture than they are with success/growth. All of the above reasons are why they can't hire or keep talented people. Avoid, avoid, avoid.

Don't believe the "Best Place To Work" Hype
Pros
Nice building. Modern office
Cons
Cliquey, High School work environment, Toxic and abusive customers, CEO who fully supports and stirs all of it
Official response from Ntiva
December 9, 2015

Thanks for your feedback, we’re sorry you didn’t have a successful experience here.

Ntiva works very hard to create a positive experience where team members work well together in a friendly environment to best serve our clients. So, indeed we do expect that our employees will “fit in” by treating each other with respect in interpersonal communications. While we disagree on the high school thing, it’s absolutely true that anyone who doesn’t buy in to this culture and play nicely with others won’t last long here. With that said, we do make every effort to identify negative communication styles and coach/train our employees when they’re not meeting those standards. Not everyone will respond positively to these efforts, and that’s ok. Ntiva’s not for everyone; we have a high standard for our employees and that won’t change.

Account Managers in any field will have the occasional interaction with a dissatisfied client, and those interactions can be difficult. It comes with the territory of being an Account Manager, anywhere you work. We expect our team, especially Account Managers, to diplomatically work with all of our clients to resolve their issues and deliver world-class customer service. Again, that’s a high bar and it’s not for everyone.

It’s always tough to find and hire great people, but keeping them hasn’t been an issue. At our holiday party this weekend (pictures on our Facebook page!), we celebrated several employees who have hit the 5-year mark and one who had his 10-year anniversary this year. Not bad for a company that’s been around just over 10 years! You mention  more... our “Best Places to Work” awards for the past 10 consecutive years. We’re pretty proud of those. They’re awarded based on anonymous employee feedback, and most folks seem pretty darn happy to work here. For more info, check out the most recent Washingtonian Magazine: “Best Places to Work: 2015.” We’re in there.

We think it’s a great place to work, and our employees tend to think so too. We’re sorry you didn’t, and we wish you the best in your future endeavors.

Hard Work Pays Off
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 24, 2014
A typical day at Ntiva was always challenging. I had regular client visits and known tasks plus there were always new things I got pulled into. I learned more here than anywhere else and wish I was still part of that family. When you worked hard you were noticed and rewarded (recognition, increases, learning opportunities), when you slacked off you were attacked from many angles and people (peers, managers, even the president).
Pros
Advanced and education opportunities, great people, hot dog fridays!
Cons
Hard work, high accountability/expectations
A great place to grow and be challenged
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAOctober 20, 2013
I never learned more than what I learned at Ntiva. I increased my technical skillset on a daily basis and never had a moment where I was not challenges and bored. This is a great environment for people who are looking to grow and get exposure to technologies. As I understand it, they are now at the point where there are different opportunities available depending on how much growth vs. stability you want. It is truly a company of great people who care about what they do, each other, and the customers they server.
Pros
caring team members who help their colleagues and ensure they do the best for the clients, good benefits and healthcare, great bonuses
Cons
very fast paced (can be a pro depending on your propensity for it)
When IT Matters… Choose Ntiva!
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 28, 2013
I love the daily challenges and working out the best technical solutions for our clients.
Ntiva has a fantastic management team and Ntiva have been voted “best places to work” for the last 5 years in the Washington Business Journal. Management is always open to new ideas and has an open door policy. Very easy to talk with them.
Never a boring day at Ntiva. The daily technical challenges are always different and we are always looking to wow and delight the client.
Ntiva is a career not a job – With effort and determination, I feel you can advance and grow as much as you want at Ntiva.
Pros
ntiva is always on the cutting edge of technology and provides new and exciting tools to do our job.
Cons
traffic in the dc area is the worst.
A growing company that cares about people and gets excited about technology.
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAFebruary 21, 2013
Every day at Ntiva is different, whether it requires focus on a challenging issue for a client in need of trouble-shooting or working with a colleague to develop/create a new solution, I like the diversity of my workload and the people I work with. Sure, Ntivians work hard, but they also like to play. It is fun to take out the hockey sticks on a Tuesday afternoon or catch up with someone in another department over hot dogs on Fridays.
Pros
people, diversity of clients, teamwork/collaborative environment, growth opportunities
Cons
i wish i could get more face time with colleagues working in other locations, we have the technology, i just prefer being in the same room to catch up.
Highly Productive & Flexible Workplace
Systems Engineer (Current Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 29, 2013
Learn more here than any other company or education facility
Management was being to develop, company culture allows for flexibility if you are delivering support to peers and wowing clients.
Team really has everyone's back.
Enjoy the rapid paced growth environment
Pros
great team, never bored, always learning, excellent benefits
Cons
traffic in area can often be frustrating but it is worth it

Want to know more about Ntiva?

Ask a question
Lots of down time
Infrastructure Cabling Technician (Former Employee) –  McLean, VAJanuary 3, 2013
Sitting at my desk waiting for work
Learned how to pull cable through drop ceilings
Not much management and not much of a team
hardest part of the job was trying to organize and no one had a clue where to start
The enjoyable part was the down time
Pros
down time
Cons
unorganized

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ntiva. Our community is ready to answer.

Ntiva Reviews by Location