NTN Bearing Corporation of America Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Is like going back to middle school and high school
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elgin, ILApril 6, 2016
I worked there for 3 years. The job is straight forward and simple. Managers and foremans have no experience as operators most of the time. So the pencil pushers have unrealistic expectations about the machinery. Not a whole lot of spare parts for the old worn out machinery they have. If you apply for machine operator hopefully you are mechanically inclined because the mechanics love to play whit their phones and some don't even want to get dirty. Be ready to smell like grease and coolant all day. It is a dirty job. They are a little slave drivers. Mandatory overtime is not even all across the company. The crew is divided in little groups. This groups gossip and trash talk every other group.
Pros
Good health insurance
Cons
It is a guaranteed job.
Stressful environment.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 27, 2016
Training was an absolute joke. The man training me cursed and screamed at his machine most of the shift. Making it almost impossible to learn a thing. Management couldn't seem to do anything about finding someone else to train me.
Typical Day
Master Production Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Columbus, INJanuary 24, 2016
Work 8 hours per day with no weekends required for a salaried position. Achievable expectations. I liked working for this company and wish i never left!
Fun
IT Support Intern (Current Employee) –  Mount Prospect, ILJuly 9, 2015
Can work at your own pace and very relaxed. I am intern an I really enjoy working there. The environment is great and the people really enjoy working there.

NTN Bearing Corporation of America Reviews by Location