Are you looking for a creative and innovative place to work? Ntrepid Corporation is HIRING a mid level Juniper Network Engineer in our Northern VA location! Join our dynamic team of Engineers…
We are currently seeking an experienced, hands-on Network Engineer to join a VDI technology-focused product team and be responsible for network design/implementation and administration across all product environments, including Integration, QA, and all production environments.
- Provide on-going engineering support primarily in networking (both hardware and virtualized), but also including system security, load balancing, and application-proxying.
- Provide Tier 3 escalation support of network-related issues.
- Evaluate, design, advise, implement and integrate networking technologies into various platforms, network devices and sub-systems within the core product and its supporting elements
- Must be able to quickly identify and resolve issues and concepts requiring strong troubleshooting and problem solving skills, and fine-tuning of those skills on an on-going basis.
- Work with technical lead, product owner and product engineers to design customer facing solutions
- Deploy and implement enhancements that will improve the reliability, maintainability, and performance of the product on an ongoing basis
- Prepare technical designs as well as high-level flowcharts and schematics.
- Document and continually update system configurations to align with and meet defined product CM standards
- Work with Tier 2 support to document FAQs and knowledge articles for the product
- Development of standards and best practices, as well as enforcement of these standards.
- Mentor and train junior personnel
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or related field, or equivalent experience
- Experience supporting systems and networks for medium and large enterprises in high-security environments
- 5+ years’ experience with and strong understanding of IPSec and SSL VPN technologies, implementations and configurations using Juniper ScreenOS/JunOS, Cisco IOS and/or Linux
- 5+ years’ experience with and strong understanding of IP routing (including static route-based, policy-based and dynamically routed), CIDR/IP subnetting, NAT/PAT, sub-interfaces, redundant Ethernet interfaces, and virtual routing instances using Juniper ScreenOS/JunOS or Cisco IOS
- 5+ years’ experience with and strong understanding of stateful packet firewall security policies/zones setup and troubleshooting using Juniper ScreenOS/JunOS, Cisco IOS and/or PANOS
- 5+ years experience with and strong understanding of Ethernet and FCoE switching technologies, implementations and configurations, including but not limited to VLANs, switchport trunking, aggregated Ethernet (LACP and virtual port channels), spanning-tree and VSANs using Juniper EX-series and/or Cisco Nexus-series switching platforms
- 3+ years’ hands-on configuration experience using Juniper SSG, ISG, SRX security gateways and EX switches, and Palo Alto Networks PA-2000/5000 series next-generation firewalls. If no prior work experience with given Juniper products, will consider if currently possess JNCIP-SEC, or CCNP Security with equivalent Cisco ASA experience and familiarity with JUNOS
- Ability to multitask effectively in a fast-paced environment, under stress and within time constraints
- Excellent project and time management skills; proven ability to function independently and make best use of time, as well as collaborate with a team
- Strong knowledge of industry trends, technology advances, new products and best practices
Indeed - 8 months ago
Ntrepid Corporation leverages industry experience and engineering talent to develop technologies that solve operational challenges in the...