NTT America Employee Reviews

Great Place with Great People
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, CONovember 16, 2016
I was given many opportunities to work independently and challenge myself.
My co-workers were generally a pleasure to be around, and most of us saw the need to work together towards making each other look good.
I fear that recent budget cuts could change the company I knew and loved in to something else.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Some were way over worked.
Company closing operations
Unix Systems Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLNovember 30, 2016
There is not much to say. It was a great company to work for before they decided to close operations in South Florida. I was able to work with great people, with a wealth of information shared with others. I was able to satiate my desire to continue bettering and educating myself on the newest and greatest.
Good people, no direction by leadership
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Home OfficeSeptember 20, 2016
Leadership doesnt believe in marketing, w/o which this company continues to go on downward spiral path for the past 10 years.

There is lot of talent just sitting there and getting rusty, rest just collects paycheck and watch youtube all day...what a waste of precious capital!

So sad to see such a nice company go under.
enjoyable company to work within
VP Global Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLOctober 28, 2016
The company is people centric with a prime focus on the human capital in every department to come together as a team to make NTT a stronger company with strong core values focused on its employees.
Pros
polite people focused company
Cons
long lead times to a final decision in key issues
Great People to work with.
Unix Systems Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLAugust 21, 2016
I was surrounded with great individuals. Some people who really cared about their jobs, and welcomed to share all information that they had to better the team.
Learned a lot, but Tokyo management is out of touch
Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaDecember 14, 2012
I have learned a great deal here, but there is increasing Tokyo oversight, red tape and approvals + input to product development. And Tokyo / Japanese management can be out of touch with what American business (i.e. customers) want / need. Decision making is via consensus and is slow to happen, causing customer projects and initiatives to be held up and take too long. This is hard to try to explain away to customers who do not understand why PO's to expand their solution take weeks to approve.

Management wants growth, but will not make the necessary investments to support such growth.
Pros
good compensation, good job security, flexibility
Cons
tokyo oversight and bureaucracy, slow product development
Large and Slow moving company.
Senior Manager Software Development (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 10, 2016
This is a friendly environment and definitely not a sweat shop. Company lacks vision and is falling way behind with industry standards and technologies that customer would actually want. For that reason, revenues have been declining and there have been many layoff's.
The pay rates were fair and there were many talented people working there. They just need to find a good purpose and direction for the company and I am sure they could turn it around.
Hardest part of the job was dealing with the conflicting objectives of various departments, making it nearly impossible to complete any of the company wide projects needed to make them relevant again.

The most enjoyable thing there was being around the great people that work there.
It was good place to work not any more.
Tier1J Tech Support (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAMarch 21, 2016
The company are everything good for the higher positions.
not engineer and supports.

management are located in east coast.

So hard to get information / update for California office.
NTTA was a great place to work when I started with the company.
Service Manager - and other positions (Former Employee) –  New York City Greater Metropolitan AreaNovember 30, 2015
NTTA was a great place to work when I started with the company. Management changes that occured toward the end of my employment there was far less transparent.
High pay but bad corporate culture
Strategic Senior Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 25, 2015
Sales team works very long hours with little or no support from management. High pay but also high multi-million dollar quotas, some very unrealistic. All services are focused on telecom networks to or from Japan. Bad corporate culture makes for low level of employment satisfaction.
Pros
high pay
Cons
no support from management
ntta good work office, poor HR and management
Global ICT Partner - Desktop Support (Former Employee) –  Greenwood VillageAugust 26, 2015
ntta good work office, poor HR and management.
Office is calm and mostly easy to work at.
Was able to gain a lot of experience.
Challenging job but management changes directions frequently
Accounting Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 26, 2015
It's been a great learning experience managing merger & acquisition accounting. It's been a messy process of merging the newly acquired companies into our system.
Pros
Highly technical accounting exposure
Cons
Management changing directions often.
Wonderful experience
Financial Administrator (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 6, 2015
I was able to advance quickly at NTT. They also allowed me the opportunity to work within different aspects of the company.
Pros
Great company!
An interesting place to learn about telecom technology
Sales Operations Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 15, 2012
A lot of employees there have been there for a long time.
There were no growth opportunities at NTT America. Upper management always came from Japan and they brought their Japanese way of thinking to the office in San Jose. The skills I learned were not really transferable to other positions at other companies
Unclear Management Objectives
Client Business Managre (Current Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 10, 2014
Dissappointed with the sales enviornment here. The company has much to offer the marketplace but difficult to execute market strategy. Also have had 3 managers and 2 VP's within a year. Sales segmentation is poor and messaging to the marketplace confusing.
Allot of potential as far as company and offerings but lack of execution is glaring.
Pros
Stable revnue, good benfits
Cons
Confusing STructure, Lack of Coopertation within the company
Many Reorganizations
Global Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CAApril 9, 2014
Overall, they are very nice people to work with and have some very dedicated employees.
Pros
Sincere people
Cons
International Management Influence
Great people
Director, Customer Care and Service Implementation (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 26, 2012
I liked working for NTTA and people, especially learning the culture of the international business environment
Large Telecommunications Org. with APAC focus
Global Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco Bay AreaNovember 4, 2013
This organization has good through many changes in focus and it is reflected in the turnover of the organization.

2.9