NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Great client Service
Senior Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2016
NTT Data facilitated an environment that put the Client first and insured total support from the staff we had onsite and offshore
Temp position with great pay, horrible longevity
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 6, 2016
The pay is great, and the hours are normal 40, but you will be let go suddenly and without explanation, and contradictory to what you've been told by HR when you get hired. The benefits are terrible, no PTO, insurance is a joke.
Horrible management
Information Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 2, 2016
This the worst place I have ever worked for sure. Horrible management and micromanagement for everything you do!!!!

No stability at all... very very high turnover.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything, stay away from this company!!!
Ntt
Project and Program Management (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2016
The work is mainly project based and unfortunately, end of assignment can come at any time. Your caliber of work also is not a consideration. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will have a job tomorrow.
Fun-filled place to work
Senior Analyst (Onsite) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working both at NTT & client locations.
Handling ASIA users was the challenging part of the job.
Missing the monthly team dinners.
Pros
client location
Cons
loosing valuable resources
Service Desk Engineer
Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montpelier, VTAugust 25, 2016
Might not be an issue at some locations but advancing is a big issue if your hired in as L1 support, the benefits are terrible the pay is ok at low level positions but may be better at higher positions. The culture at work isn't bad but some management could be improved. No pay raise at least not at all client locations.
Pros
No issue with work/life balance, decent work culture
Cons
lack of advancement, poor benefits, and no pay raises
Management not supportive or interacted with all employees
Sr. Consultant/IT Compliance Dept. w/Kynect (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 16, 2016
The work day was usually a normal day, but when there were issues they were not acted upon immediately. Co-workers were in most cases young, fresh out of college and inexperienced (first timers). I learned a great deal about the regulations for Health Care. The hardest part of the job was proper guidance from an experienced or seasoned person. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with persons who were on the job for the right reasons.
Pros
Work hours were great
No good for a career
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
To start off, NTT Data's compensation is very good. They offer decent benefit options as well as relatively high base pay, from what I have seen. Additionally, training options and resources are fairly readily available to allow for self-improvement across both technological and soft skills. These facets of NTT's operations are very strong and allow for good productivity for a motivated employee.

That being said, HR and management are both terrible. I was only given the opportunity to meet my direct manager once, and across the ~11 months I worked for the company, I only ever received a direct response from my manager when attempting to speak with him a single-digit number of times. When I had HR issues, I was sometimes directed to employees whose English skills weren't sufficient to even understand the problems I was attempting to solve. The company also shows the growing pains of several acquisitions and mergers, with troubles still being very apparent and causing regular issues.

For job security, my experiences may be a bit atypical, but it seems like security is exceptionally poor. My entire workgroup was cut from the company before I left, including my direct manager. Additionally, the threat of 'bench time', unpaid, with little choice but to wait until the company fails to find another position for you, is awful, with a severe lack of communication generating a huge amount of frustration while your pay sits on the line.

Finally, I'd comment on the job culture if there was one. It's not that the culture's bad, it just that it isn't there.

Overall, NTT Data's
  more... not the worst company in the world, but it's not a great one, either.  less
Pros
Excellent starter pay, good benefits, high acquisition of new workers, potential for training and skill growth
Cons
Terrible management, high termination rate, zero culture, mandates relocation
NTT Data Review
Consultant PayPal (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 1, 2016
NTT Data ensures all employees are total of aware of all company and client regulations that need to be managed. NTT Data has a very comprehensive education program to ensure all employees meet the government requirements for employee education.

They are very straight forward with contractors on their expect roles and they provide support in all areas to ensure the client deliverables are meet.
Pros
Education, Benefits
Cons
Management of consulting resources between contracts.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Informatica Lead at NTT DATA Inc (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2016
Excellent work place , Good people, access to bigger client projects.
Provides on the job training on applications and tools.

Want to know more about NTT DATA?

Ask a question
Love my job.
Problem Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2016
I absolutely love working at NTT DATA. It is a fast paced employer, but a very rewarding and fulfilling place to work. It is nice to know you are able to make a difference.
AVOID this company at all cost.
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2016
Management is SICK, absent, lack direction, knows nothing about leadership, too much politics by managers who are sucking the blood out of this company. There is no review mechanism for managers to be at par with industry standards and hence there is all thats left are bunch of idiots.
AVOID this company at all cost.
Great company for an entry level employee
Laboratory Billing Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
- Remote work is great for personal reasons but can cause a lot of poor communication between employees and clients

- I was able to gain three certifications while at NTT Data; 1) Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management 2) Certified Scrum Master and 3) Certified Associate in Project Management

- Most co-workers are great to work with and are very willing to help out when problems arise

- Working from home can be very difficult if you, like me, are a more social being and enjoy working face-to-face with co-workers

- The ability to travel for several projects was enjoyable for a short time
Cons
Salary
NTT Data - Rapid Growth
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJuly 6, 2016
Company has sustained rapid growth. It is to be determined whether or not it can continue to grow and keep the good talent. Only time will tell.
Supportive Co-Workers
Business Analyst/Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 6, 2016
Very supportive co-workers but lack of quality communications in mid management. Pay/Salary is adequate, but could be better. Develop a lot of useful skills in multiple areas of IT.
Normal Work Place
QA Manager / Lead (Current Employee) –  Artesia, CAJuly 5, 2016
1. Flexible working Hours.
2. Client Management
3. Poor Management
4. Fun to work with co-workers
5. Stability
6. Flexibility
Never a dull moment
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJune 3, 2016
The types and locations of the various engagements is something that I have truly enjoyed. The people I report to are supportive and accessible.
Pros
Work from Home office
Cons
Carrer advancement is not readily apparent
nice place to work
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 1, 2016
Provides opportunity for every one to grow in an organization. Performed account management, project management and also managed teams across different countries
Very Good
CSR Help desk (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 1, 2016
It is a great company to work for, they are wold wide and provide service to all types of companies

A results-driven, Software Help desk support specialist, troubleshooting and diagnosing issues within the user services department, assisting those users in the proper operation of their hardware ~ software and diagnosing functional and technical software problems arising then repairing hardware.
Great Company
Web Developer, Systems Administration (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMay 31, 2016
Treated fairly every day. Was always learning and applying new knowledge. Frequently recognized by management. The job was challenging and rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NTT DATA. Our community is ready to answer.