NTT DATA

NTT DATA Employer Reviews

Short term work assignment as my responsibilities were transitioned to India
Property Accounting Specialist (Former Employee), Louisville, KYAugust 28, 2014
Short term work assignment while transitioning responsibilities to India.
good Company
Project manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 22, 2014
Good Company to work with. NTT Data is has good mgmt and work culter
Plenty of opportunities to advance and learn new skills.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTAugust 19, 2014
Pros: plenty of room to advance, good compensation, good outside training opportunities
Cons: travel to client site was sometimes more inconvenient than working a regular job.
Keane management was mixed but usually quite proficient. In my case, I was hired by a person who occasionally got sent around the company to fix failing engagements. I was able to work with him for several years. He was very fair and didn't use punishment to motivate people, except as a last resort, and in those cases the employee had usually committed – more... a serious infraction against Keane or the client.

Compensation was some of the best I have gotten and job satisfaction was first rate. Occasionally, some younger coworkers were immature and didn't understand the importance of documentation or completing reports on time. Most coworkers were conscientious, completed their tasks on time, and were willing to help if asked.

The most difficult part of the job was when I had to stop work while waiting for another party to complete a task. Usually this was an employee of the client and they did not share our sense of urgency nor did the client hold them accountable. – less
Good company excellent benefits
Project/Program Coordination/Project Management (Former Employee), Bloomington, ILAugust 13, 2014
Pros: excellent benefit package
Cons: no career development
Good company excellent benefits. My colleagues were friendly and helpful.
Work here only if it's the only place hiring. Otherwise, stay away.
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), East Coast USAugust 8, 2014
Pros: name recognition on a resume.
Cons: use it or lose it vacation policy based on non-calendar year, low pay compared to other companies, information flow-down from management sometimes doesn't exist
Lots of infighting between departments as one tries to blame the other for issues instead of working together to jointly address the problem.

Don't be surprised if you are hired to work a dedicated program and then have your role get expanded 4-fold. There are only so many hours in the day and they will squeeze every last drop out of you if you let – more... them.

The company looks impressive because of their size but they are internally disorganized. Too many acquisitions in too short a period.

Vacation policy isn't explained well at time of hire. They have a use it or lose it policy to encourage employees to take time off. Of course, one doesn't find out until after the time is taken away. – less
I do not recommend this company!
Advisory Services Consultant (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 29, 2014
- low compensation
- no opportunity for advancement
- poor management
- no organizational culture
Keane is a professional IT recruitment firm with focus on Project Management
Applications Development Project Manager (Former Employee), Frankfort, KYJuly 15, 2014
Pros: no overtime requirements and low stress projects.
Client's environments usually support a professional atmosphere;
Peers are professional and easy to engage;
Primary client work with government entities usually low stress and not deadline driven;
Easy to work hours with weekends off;
Time for NTT CEO to conduct Q&A of his Managers & Climate Assessment for employees under them
Training (Former Employee), QuanticoJuly 10, 2014
Pros: commute wasn't too bad
Cons: ntt onsite managers on academy contract
The two NTT managers at the Academy, should have been identified by NTT leadership long ago (climate assessments, talking to employees) for being very belligerent. Majority of us who have left the contract felt a severe lack of trust with the managers. Funny thing is … they thought and probably still think they're doing a great job.

Several people – more... have left the contract over the past two years because they couldn't stand the work environment, the lack of respect from NTT managers… their double standards, their boys club, how only men were in-charge, for being disrespectful to employees, failing to be the example(s), who listened to one or more other NTT employee's bogus insight and later seemed to use it as credible information about another person. They pointed fingers and failed to practice what they preached.

The "managers" complained about having to stay past a certain time (when they are the only ones allowed to secure the office), they made wise comments when asked how late they were staying (instead of informing everyone like good office managers would do), made inappropriate comments, came across as male chauvinistic, close to crossing EEO lines, and one failed to follow security procedures at times. They even failed to take care of issues relating to a female and instead asked another female to handle it. Um, that's why they're called managers right?

These same two "managers" seem to think people left because of the client or job satisfaction -- that was a small part of it … people left mainly due to the lack of positive/constructive NTT management/leadership. Many of us didn't say anything because we didn't want to burn bridges and because there wasn't exactly a secure feeling of trust. The problem persisted and will continue as long as they are there and the priority is only about making NTT $. They fail to take care of their people… who then lack feeling motivated to do great things for/with NTT.

NTT "Managers" (at the Academy) fail to manage or motivate their "team". They literally told us to shut up and color, failed to inform us of proper procedures unless it benefited them, got defensive if we asked legitimate questions, failed to spell out expectations and then complained when employees didn't know and then did something incorrectly. It appeared they made up (or finally informed us of) rules as they went along ...since none of us had seen anything in writing. They lacked integrity, a sound work ethic and the high standards they expected from the client and NTT employees.

The NTT "managers" (not the client) treated us employees as if they "owned" us and not as the highly educated, experienced, and adult professionals we are (some Veterans). They ONLY cared about the money for NTT… filling slots/butts in seats (because it's their reputation they are concerned about - and nothing else).

Honestly, they treated us like cattle … herding us nicely when it benefited them and whipped us (verbally or in attitude) when they didn't get their way. We are not treated as "employees" or those who should be proud to work for NTT. Working with them (especially how the work environment was set up… ball pen style) was probably close to working in a sweat shop . Or worse, it and they left many of us feeling like slaves (and that's a total shame). – less
Good scope for profile growth and a great employer to work with
TEAM LEAD-DEVELOPMENT (Current Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJuly 9, 2014
NTT has been a great employer to work with.
It provides a great platform for career growth and to enhance your potential.
Productive and Fun at work
Programmer (Current Employee), Jersey City, New JerseyJune 26, 2014
NTT Data is a nice place to work. I have been with NTT Data for over 7 years and I feel it is really interesting.
Was Fun
Lead Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Boston, MAJune 23, 2014
Too Long Ago to accurately rate my experience. The culture is I am sure dramatically different 10 years later.
Great place to learn and advance
Senior Oracle DBA (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJune 22, 2014
NTT DATA is a fast paced work environment with the ultimate goal to deliver to their clients successful, "world class" technology and business solutions. A sense of accomplishment is felt at the end of each work day.
I enjoy working with everyone in the company and had many responsibilities working with both Management and Delivery. Senior Oracle database – more... administration is my primary job.
I am a goal oriented person. Working in the NTT DATA environment is a challenge and an opportunity for growth. – less
Productive Work Place
Principle Test Engineer (508) (Former Employee), Quantico, VAJune 16, 2014
A day at work consisted of inter acting with the client, learn different aspect of 508 compliance testing. The hardest part of the job was trying to remember all of the 508 rules.
Great company
Senior Consultant and Training Lead (Current Employee), McLean, VAJune 16, 2014
Great company with great people. Company is willing to pay top dollar to join the company but the benefit package could be better. Company no longer allows you to carry over vacation.
Good Consulting companyy
Program Management - Salesforce.com (SFDC) (Current Employee), Bloomington, ILJune 15, 2014
It is nice company with job stability. The co-workers were always ready to help each other. This job enabled me to learn on combining technical and soft skills
Fun envorment
Information Technology Coordinator (Former Employee), McLean, VAJune 14, 2014
Not much work was done, but it was a fun place to work and I learned a lot
NTT Data - Bad at retaining top talent
Senior Consultant (Current Employee), Frankfort, KYJune 12, 2014
Cons: hardly any time off, no advancement opportunities
At the end of the day, I would rate this company as average. NTT Data is a huge IT Services shop that is terrible at retaining talent. They do provide job security if you are contracted out to the government, but they do not provide opportunity for advancement. Management is average. Job culture is pretty good. They bring in a ton of foreigners for – more... development work, which contributes to the interesting cultural mix. Benefits are average. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with the people that do not work for NTT Data. – less
Growth oriented company with defined goals for success.
Senior Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2014
Pros: excellent benefits, compensation and co-workers
Cons: work-life balance can sometimes be challenging
NTT DATA is a fast paced work environment with the ultimate goal to deliver to their clients successful, "world class" technology and business solutions. Work days for management begins early and ends late, but a sense of accomplishment is felt at the end of each day.
I enjoyed working with everyone in the company and had many responsibilities working – more... with both Management and Delivery, with our off-shore team early in the day, and other US time zones during other parts of the work day and many evenings. Project and Contract administration was my primary job. Specific Finance and Facility Management responsibilities filled the remainder of my job responsibilities.
I am a goal oriented person. Working in the NTT DATA environment was a challenge and an opportunity for growth. I value the experience I gained and want to have the opportunity to once again feel this sense of accomplishment, either with NTT DATA or another company where I can make a major contribution. – less
Dysfunctional Everything re NTT DATA
Senior Principle Consultant (Current Employee), Austin, TXJune 9, 2014
No onboarding; no real benefits; no work/life balance unless you are teleworking.
NTT Data is an innovative and leading technology company.
IT Program Manager (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILJune 7, 2014
NTT Data is an innovative and leading technology consulting company.

1 2 3 4 5

About NTT DATA

TT DATA CORPORATION is a system integration company with more than 25 years of experience in the Air Traffic Control domain. Based – Read more

NTT DATA Photos