NTT DATA Employee Reviews

Decent
Claims Associate (Current Employee) –  Lincoln, NENovember 16, 2016
It's a fine place to work, but I did not easily find opportunity for advancement and it was difficult to effectively measure performance of employees in my position.
I'm a contractor
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 16, 2016
Continuously promised a permanent position and its been over a year. I don't get paid sick days, vacation days, or any other perks. Extended on my contract over 3 times and no raise is offered, no sick days offered, no vacation offered. Many other staffing companies grant these small perks after working 90-180 days and I've been here over a year and nothing.
Average Company
Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILNovember 11, 2016
Low compensation, below average benefits, uncaring management. Co-workers are good but there is no growth. Very political envt.
Interesting company
NOC Engineer (Former Employee) –  Milan, TNNovember 10, 2016
typical day at work:
Check the overall status of the data center network status (alarms,logs),verify OS upgrade for each vendor,check the ticketing system for new requests (new requested projects,new configuration,problem reports from customers),meetings with diferent customers discussing about new services to ad or problems reported by the customer,implementation of already approved projects, adding new services or modifying existing ones requested by the customer,investigating and solving problems discovered by our team or reported by the customer.

What i learned:
F5,Net Scaler

My co-workers:
kind but not very friendly.
Hardest part of the job:
deal with the group manager.

The moust enjoyable part: Proposing solutions for new requests and solving complex problems.
Pros
very big company and regular in payments
Cons
incompetent managers
global company so ability to work from home
Process Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 26, 2016
I worked there for 18 years, a very good company. I worked through various software upgrades and interacted with many departments.
Pros
work from home
Great company with lots of opportunity and potential
Contract & Vendor Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 4, 2016
Great people make a great company like NTT DATA. Hard working and sincere people. The environment is ripe for opportunity and growth. They have great tools to take advantage of including excellent training and certification programs.
Place to Learn
Host Mainframe, TP (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 3, 2016
This is an excellent opportunity to get introduced to the new emerging technology and gives an experience to learn and implement them. I have enjoyed and proved my ability and initiative at this place.
Great client Service
Senior Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 11, 2016
NTT Data facilitated an environment that put the Client first and insured total support from the staff we had onsite and offshore
Temp position with great pay, horrible longevity
Analyst (Current Employee) –  Farmers Branch, TXSeptember 6, 2016
The pay is great, and the hours are normal 40, but you will be let go suddenly and without explanation, and contradictory to what you've been told by HR when you get hired. The benefits are terrible, no PTO, insurance is a joke.
Horrible management
Information Technician Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 2, 2016
This the worst place I have ever worked for sure. Horrible management and micromanagement for everything you do!!!!

No stability at all... very very high turnover.
Pros
Money
Cons
Everything, stay away from this company!!!
Ntt
Project and Program Management (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 1, 2016
The work is mainly project based and unfortunately, end of assignment can come at any time. Your caliber of work also is not a consideration. The hardest part of the job is not knowing if you will have a job tomorrow.
Fun-filled place to work
Senior Analyst (Onsite) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 30, 2016
Thoroughly enjoyed working both at NTT & client locations.
Handling ASIA users was the challenging part of the job.
Missing the monthly team dinners.
Pros
client location
Cons
loosing valuable resources
Service Desk Engineer
Service Desk Engineer (Current Employee) –  Montpelier, VTAugust 25, 2016
Might not be an issue at some locations but advancing is a big issue if your hired in as L1 support, the benefits are terrible the pay is ok at low level positions but may be better at higher positions. The culture at work isn't bad but some management could be improved. No pay raise at least not at all client locations.
Pros
No issue with work/life balance, decent work culture
Cons
lack of advancement, poor benefits, and no pay raises
Management not supportive or interacted with all employees
Sr. Consultant/IT Compliance Dept. w/Kynect (Former Employee) –  Frankfort, KYAugust 16, 2016
The work day was usually a normal day, but when there were issues they were not acted upon immediately. Co-workers were in most cases young, fresh out of college and inexperienced (first timers). I learned a great deal about the regulations for Health Care. The hardest part of the job was proper guidance from an experienced or seasoned person. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with persons who were on the job for the right reasons.
Pros
Work hours were great
No good for a career
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
To start off, NTT Data's compensation is very good. They offer decent benefit options as well as relatively high base pay, from what I have seen. Additionally, training options and resources are fairly readily available to allow for self-improvement across both technological and soft skills. These facets of NTT's operations are very strong and allow for good productivity for a motivated employee.

That being said, HR and management are both terrible. I was only given the opportunity to meet my direct manager once, and across the ~11 months I worked for the company, I only ever received a direct response from my manager when attempting to speak with him a single-digit number of times. When I had HR issues, I was sometimes directed to employees whose English skills weren't sufficient to even understand the problems I was attempting to solve. The company also shows the growing pains of several acquisitions and mergers, with troubles still being very apparent and causing regular issues.

For job security, my experiences may be a bit atypical, but it seems like security is exceptionally poor. My entire workgroup was cut from the company before I left, including my direct manager. Additionally, the threat of 'bench time', unpaid, with little choice but to wait until the company fails to find another position for you, is awful, with a severe lack of communication generating a huge amount of frustration while your pay sits on the line.

Finally, I'd comment on the job culture if there was one. It's not that the culture's bad, it just that it isn't there.

Overall, NTT Data's
  more... not the worst company in the world, but it's not a great one, either.  less
Pros
Excellent starter pay, good benefits, high acquisition of new workers, potential for training and skill growth
Cons
Terrible management, high termination rate, zero culture, mandates relocation
NTT Data Review
Consultant PayPal (Former Employee) –  Timonium, MDAugust 1, 2016
NTT Data ensures all employees are total of aware of all company and client regulations that need to be managed. NTT Data has a very comprehensive education program to ensure all employees meet the government requirements for employee education.

They are very straight forward with contractors on their expect roles and they provide support in all areas to ensure the client deliverables are meet.
Pros
Education, Benefits
Cons
Management of consulting resources between contracts.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Informatica Lead at NTT DATA Inc (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2016
Excellent work place , Good people, access to bigger client projects.
Provides on the job training on applications and tools.
Love my job.
Problem Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 20, 2016
I absolutely love working at NTT DATA. It is a fast paced employer, but a very rewarding and fulfilling place to work. It is nice to know you are able to make a difference.
AVOID this company at all cost.
Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 20, 2016
Management is SICK, absent, lack direction, knows nothing about leadership, too much politics by managers who are sucking the blood out of this company. There is no review mechanism for managers to be at par with industry standards and hence there is all thats left are bunch of idiots.
AVOID this company at all cost.
Great company for an entry level employee
Laboratory Billing Implementation Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 7, 2016
- Remote work is great for personal reasons but can cause a lot of poor communication between employees and clients

- I was able to gain three certifications while at NTT Data; 1) Professional, Academy for Healthcare Management 2) Certified Scrum Master and 3) Certified Associate in Project Management

- Most co-workers are great to work with and are very willing to help out when problems arise

- Working from home can be very difficult if you, like me, are a more social being and enjoy working face-to-face with co-workers

- The ability to travel for several projects was enjoyable for a short time
Cons
Salary