NTT DATA Employee Reviews in United States

Good company with good Senior VP management
Senior Sales Exective (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMay 19, 2016
Good Company. Senior leadership is great.
Co-workers are good people.
Best part of job is selling the right solution to someone who benefits from the product.
Pros
Work from home.
Cons
Products
Claims Payor Implementation
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Lambertville, NJMay 11, 2016
Planned and performed various internal auditing projects for client to verify and examine system configuration and optimize operational efficiency for multiple environments.

Configuration for code sets, practitioners, validation policies, duplication detection, member hold, prompt pay, provider auto-recoupment, provider holds, timely filing, and coordination of benefits
Experienced and Knowledgeable
Delivery Sr. Prin. Cnslt. (Current Employee) –  Washington/Metro, DCMay 9, 2016
The company is brilliant and I have met some of the most intelligent professionals in the IT business world. I respect and honor my co-workers. Everyday, I learn something new. If you ever need help, it is an active open door culture.
Pros
Free Happy Hours
Great place to work with professionalism at its best.
PeopleSoft Techno Functional Consultant (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNMay 2, 2016
NTT DATA Inc is one of the top IT companies in Service delivery today. It has been one of the finest places to work with lots of exposure to various aspects of the business. Internally, it promotes transparency always with an idea of valuing the employees greatly and with an intent to keep the professional life at its best. With that said, it also provides equal amounts of opportunities for the employees to venture around to find the right area of interests to work especially for freshers joining the company. I joined in as a fresher and I cannot be more pleased than I was with the avenues and the opportunities the company provided.
The company is still evolving and has kinks to work thru.
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 26, 2016
Worked from home. Had very little interaction with company. My focus was on my client. If my client was happy, the company was happy.
Pros
Beautiful work environment, if you didn't work from home.
Cons
Co-worker relationships hard to build. Company is intentional and so were co-workers.
Not the place if you are look for a Career
Principle Consultant (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 12, 2016
I worked for NTT Data for four years, and with the rebranding from Keane the company declined quickly into a money making machine with little care for the employees. For a recent graduate looking to cut some teeth into an IT career path this may be a good starting place, but once you learn you will realize that there is no career advancement, no training, no raises, no bonuses and very few managers have the skills to actually manage a team.

Above managers are uncaring level of management whose concern it is to drive new business out of the client and putting higher levels of work load on the people that they already have. They will drop a person in an instance if work dries up with no thought to the situation or the longevity of the employee.

HR is a joke, I would never work for this company again, I would not recommend this company to anyone. Work there at your own risk.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
No advancement, no raises, no training, lousy HR, incompetant uncaring management.
Ok to work for. Nothing great.
Sr. Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  New JerseyApril 11, 2016
Typical IT bodyshopper company . Less scope for career development .Resources are good and helpful. If you have project , everything is good . Else you can even get fired .
Excellent company to work for.
Director, ADM Sales Support Solution Architect (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 30, 2016
Senior management is very professional and caring.
Work, Life balance is excellent.
Highly collaborative environment.
Compensation and annual bonus is at par to each position and company performance.
Company has been around since 1965 and growing thru M&A and today is part of a global Japanese company, NTT.
Pros
Great senior management. Excellent opportunities to work on diverse projects.
Productive company
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Quantico, VAMarch 26, 2016
Great office work environment! Teammates work hard and for each other! Nobody does it better! Communication is top-notch from highest level to the bottom!
Good IT Consulting firm
Project Program Director (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 16, 2016
Good firm to work with. Always responsive and growing . Been with them for a very long period of time. I would recommend joining.
Nice place to work with good work/life balance
Senior Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 1, 2016
Nice place to work with good work/life balance. Decent benefits. Management is ok. Not the best place for folks starting their careers.
Bodyshop
Sr. Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 22, 2016
NTT Data is a chop shop. They're mergers and acquisitions are a mess. There is no work life balance in this organization either and they expect you to work holidays and weekends. DO NOT apply here!
good to work with this company
Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  indaFebruary 18, 2016
good to work with this company, nice opportunities to grow and nice management. this company provides opportunity to learn and work with different technologies and all
Ok
Dodd Frank Compliance Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 7, 2016
They placed me quickly, and the recruiter was very responsive. The client was distant and not clear with a lot of their requirements, but the agency made sure I was informed with changes and updates.
Good company
Project Manager/Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 27, 2016
Good company to work for. Looking to remain in the company if opportunities arise. Would recommend to others for emplyement.
so-so
IT Training Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 12, 2016
A minimum of two (2) years of experience working in a veterinary or distribution environment or prior sales experience is preferred. The primary responsibility of the Territory Manager is to detail and sell pharmaceuticals, biologicals, sundries, equipment, programs and services through in-person sales calls to veterinary professionals in ants.
Company treats you well,
Executive Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  off-site Washington DCDecember 28, 2015
It is a very busy company acquiring many companies to enhance their diversity. Co-workers are amazing, dedicated people and we shared many lessons of what worked best to enhance our positions. Working at the government, you are very much part of the mission which allows you to feel the dedication to the mission at hand.

It is very fast pace and demanding and I felt very useful and acquired many extra projects because of my personality and skill set.
Pros
Dedicated to the people
Cons
raises are of the past
Overall OK
Architect / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 26, 2015
This place is a decent one and especially good for new graduates. Not too employee friendly when come to promotions and green card processes
Avoid NTT Data like the Plague!
Technical Training Principal Consultant (Former Employee) –  FBI Academy, Quantico, VADecember 11, 2015
When I applied to NTT Data, I was looking forward to working with a leader in the industry, an organized company, a place where I could prosper and grow and hopefully have a long career. I was sadly mistaken.

At the ground level, things were different. Leadership did not motivate you. They hardly visited you and if they did, it was to tell you that you did something wrong, you're dressed inappropriately, you asked the wrong question or you upset the client. They did not back you up even though you were correct. They sided with the client and basically threatened your job if you did not conform. Recognition for a job well done was non existent. All they asked is that you came to work on time, you did your job, you don't rock the boat and leave. They were not interested if you had ideas that could make things better. "Just go with the flow" they'd say. They would monitor your actions via a chat client and if you're "away" from your computer too long, they wanted to know why and where you were.
Though many of my co-workers never complained openly, behind closed doors, there were always rumblings. Impromptu gatherings of employees were frowned upon. "Why are you meeting?" "What were you talking about?"

I have been asked about my experiences there. The best part was making new friends, the camaraderie and yes, even the work. But when one is not able to fully express themselves, not able to utilize their experience, are basically shunned for either asking a question or "going rogue", then it is not a place anyone wants to be.

I have told everyone I know to NOT work for
  more... NTT Data if it involves working at the FBI Academy.

The mixture of lack of proper leadership, support and a real interest and appreciation of the NTT Data employees, makes it a hostile work environment. Life is too short to work for a company and client that does not appreciate experienced professionals.
Pros
Friendship, camaraderie, work
Cons
See comments
Software consultant
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNDecember 10, 2015
Worked as a software consultant for a large retail business with headquarters in Minneapolis. Worked on teams responsible for developing and maintaining software for both in store and back end systems.