NTT DATA Employee Reviews in United States

Just any other Body Shop across the street
SAP Principal Consultant (Current Employee) –  USANovember 7, 2012
Health Insurance is Good, apart from this there is nothing different from Body shopper.

a typical day at work - All depends on which client you work for.
what you learned - N/A
management - Mostly from India
your co-workers - Depends on Clients
the hardest part of the job - To get things done from your company
the most enjoyable part of the job - Health Benifits

reason i am comparing it to a Body shop is you wont even get your Identity card of your own from Company. So finally what matters is if you can be in a project for a client or not. Thats it.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
not annual assessments or salary hikes, so need to stick with same salary for many years
Growth oriented company with defined goals for success.
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 10, 2014
NTT DATA is a fast paced work environment with the ultimate goal to deliver to their clients successful, "world class" technology and business solutions. Work days for management begins early and ends late, but a sense of accomplishment is felt at the end of each day.
I enjoyed working with everyone in the company and had many responsibilities working with both Management and Delivery, with our off-shore team early in the day, and other US time zones during other parts of the work day and many evenings. Project and Contract administration was my primary job. Specific Finance and Facility Management responsibilities filled the remainder of my job responsibilities.
I am a goal oriented person. Working in the NTT DATA environment was a challenge and an opportunity for growth. I value the experience I gained and want to have the opportunity to once again feel this sense of accomplishment, either with NTT DATA or another company where I can make a major contribution.
Pros
excellent benefits, compensation and co-workers
Cons
work-life balance can sometimes be challenging
Beware of working for this company
IT Manager (Former Employee) –  Montpellier, VTMarch 30, 2014
NTT Data (formerly Keane) is one of the worst IT consulting companies to work for.

I was unlucky enough to work for them in Vermont.

Basically, they pay a little above average but their work\life balance is terrible. I was an IT Manager for a healthcare giant and I was working 24\7 at their adamant orders.

Finally, after 8 months of torture and one of the worst Christmas holidays I ever experienced, I simply stopped showing up for work. What was interesting was that I still getting paid, full salary!

They discovered this after my seventh paycheck was cut and they called me directly stating that I have been let go, etc.

The funny thing was I had already started a new job and I still received my vacation pay. Lol

Bottom line, they are too big for their own good.
Pros
nothing
Cons
no work\life balance, you are forgotten (read my review)
IT Manager
Programmer Analysts (Former Employee) –  Shamokin & Elysburg PAOctober 3, 2015
Directed management in all computer decisions. Supervised programmer analysts and programmers. Performed all tasks
on all aspects of the AS/400 platform and NT - RPG ILE, MS VB5, QMS, C+ +, Java and others. This included full life
cycle development of shipping system, accounting system, warehouse system and order entry system. Developed a state
of the art UPS shipping system. Designed/developed complex union rules-based bar-coded time & attendance system,
which included the purchase of equipment and integration of the software to the financial systems. Designed an order
entry system for printer production software for manufacturing tickets using QMS, Code V, HP PCL5.
Designed/managed creation of profitability system, showed $ return on investment. Designed and managed the
installation of Windows Server and Back Office Suite integrated with an existing AS/400 using TCP/IP over fiber and
UTP Cat 5 wiring.
Pros
Growing the IT dept and acknowledging values of IT
Cons
lack of embrace of the high tech future resources
Overall not a positive experience so far
Consultant (Current Employee) –  MAJanuary 21, 2015
Work environment is OK, some politics. Management not supportive enough in some areas. Conflicting messaging in many areas of work policy and performance. Some managers play favorites, and others do not have a very positive management style. No pay raises, and internal processes flawed.
Good IT Consulting firm
Project Program Director (Current Employee) –  Morris Plains, NJMarch 16, 2016
Good firm to work with. Always responsive and growing . Been with them for a very long period of time. I would recommend joining.
Decent Company, Bad Customer
Associate Director (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2015
The company is a decent place to work and has great education and training programs to make you the best consultant you could possibly be. However, the client in Austin (TxDOT) will not allow you to use these skills, as they the most unreasonable and volatile customers I have ever worked with. They do not see NTT DATA as a partner and they have created a toxic environment that is clearly hostile, which has been made possible due to the lack of response by management to protect it's employees.

My advice, a job with NTT DATA would be fine and a great opportunity for growth, however stay away from the TxDOT account.
Pros
excellent training programs
Cons
Poor facilities, volatile customers, absentee leadership
Stay Away
Instructional Designer (Former Employee) –  Quantico, VAJuly 28, 2015
One of the most unethical companies I have ever seen. This is the reason contractors and contracting companies get a bad reputation.

Management is a joke. They want warm bodies in seats to make money and cycle people through positions without regard for who or why they're hiring. They fail to clarify client need before hiring individuals and simply view people as a means to an end.

I honestly have nothing good to say about this situation. Management is terrible. The client is disorganized and uncertain of needs. No one knows who is in charge or who can establish need, and management will not hesitate to throw employees under the bus or fire them to save face with client.

Worst work experience of my life.
Pros
Cons
management, work environment, culture, client, unethical practices
Great Company
Administrative Office Of The U.S. Courts (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 26, 2015
They had the best benefits and all positions are off site. The benefits and salaries are very good. I would have still been employed if my contract at location had not ended. It was difficult trying to get back in.
Pros
Salary and benefits
Cons
Can end at any time like all contract positions
Great management and technical staff; amazing benefits.
Reporting and Project Management (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 15, 2015
This company has opportunities world wide. Benefits exceed any I've experienced before. Some opportunities meeting current skills do require relocating. Keep up with modern technology, job seekers!
Pros
health and retirement benefits; salaries
Cons
few branches in new york state
No good for a career
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYAugust 1, 2016
To start off, NTT Data's compensation is very good. They offer decent benefit options as well as relatively high base pay, from what I have seen. Additionally, training options and resources are fairly readily available to allow for self-improvement across both technological and soft skills. These facets of NTT's operations are very strong and allow for good productivity for a motivated employee.

That being said, HR and management are both terrible. I was only given the opportunity to meet my direct manager once, and across the ~11 months I worked for the company, I only ever received a direct response from my manager when attempting to speak with him a single-digit number of times. When I had HR issues, I was sometimes directed to employees whose English skills weren't sufficient to even understand the problems I was attempting to solve. The company also shows the growing pains of several acquisitions and mergers, with troubles still being very apparent and causing regular issues.

For job security, my experiences may be a bit atypical, but it seems like security is exceptionally poor. My entire workgroup was cut from the company before I left, including my direct manager. Additionally, the threat of 'bench time', unpaid, with little choice but to wait until the company fails to find another position for you, is awful, with a severe lack of communication generating a huge amount of frustration while your pay sits on the line.

Finally, I'd comment on the job culture if there was one. It's not that the culture's bad, it just that it isn't there.

Overall, NTT Data's
  more... not the worst company in the world, but it's not a great one, either.  less
Pros
Excellent starter pay, good benefits, high acquisition of new workers, potential for training and skill growth
Cons
Terrible management, high termination rate, zero culture, mandates relocation
Ok
Dodd Frank Compliance Project Consultant (Former Employee) –  New JerseyFebruary 7, 2016
They placed me quickly, and the recruiter was very responsive. The client was distant and not clear with a lot of their requirements, but the agency made sure I was informed with changes and updates.
Plenty of opportunities to advance and learn new skills.
Senior Consultant (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 19, 2014
Keane management was mixed but usually quite proficient. In my case, I was hired by a person who occasionally got sent around the company to fix failing engagements. I was able to work with him for several years. He was very fair and didn't use punishment to motivate people, except as a last resort, and in those cases the employee had usually committed a serious infraction against Keane or the client.

Compensation was some of the best I have gotten and job satisfaction was first rate. Occasionally, some younger coworkers were immature and didn't understand the importance of documentation or completing reports on time. Most coworkers were conscientious, completed their tasks on time, and were willing to help if asked.

The most difficult part of the job was when I had to stop work while waiting for another party to complete a task. Usually this was an employee of the client and they did not share our sense of urgency nor did the client hold them accountable.
Pros
plenty of room to advance, good compensation, good outside training opportunities
Cons
travel to client site was sometimes more inconvenient than working a regular job.
Good company
Project Manager/Help Desk Manager (Current Employee) –  Wallingford, CTJanuary 27, 2016
Good company to work for. Looking to remain in the company if opportunities arise. Would recommend to others for emplyement.
Overall OK
Architect / Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Harrisburg, PADecember 26, 2015
This place is a decent one and especially good for new graduates. Not too employee friendly when come to promotions and green card processes
NTT Data
Gen. IT support,Administrator,Building Manager (Current Employee) –  FrankfortOctober 15, 2015
I love working for NTT. They offer training for advancement, you can make your own hours, the people are very friendly and awesome to work with. The hardest part of my job is handeling employee complaints. As the building manager for 4 different locations, I get a ton of complaints.
The most enjoyable part of my day is working with others.
Pros
create my own hours
Cons
I am a contractor so my job is not secure
Great HR team with supportive co-workers
Human Resources Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 21, 2015
Good company that values its employees and customers. I joined the company when it was still Optimal Solutions, but it was acquired shortly after by NTT Data, Inc. Unfortunately, I never got a feel for a typical work day due to the acquisition. Most of my time there was spent trying to make us compliant with our new procedures.
Pros
Great co-workers, flexible with time off
Cons
Our small team was extremely overwhelmed
Great for Starters but not too great for experience resources
Senior Consultant (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 16, 2014
It is a wonderful place to start your career. You get enormous amount of opportunities to learn and implement new things. But as you go along you would find a gap between Employees and Management also compensation is very low.
Pros
good exposure.
Cons
low compensation and lame managers.
Excellent
An IT consulting firm, (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAOctober 21, 2015
Great place to start a career and professionally grow. Great people to work with. Company culture is fantastic. So Friendly
Other Experience (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAApril 1, 2013
My job was project oriented. I worked with a creative team. The management and coworkers were strong collaborators and very supportive. The hardest part of my job was being away from my babies at that time. The most enjoyable was the people, variety and the freedom to be creative.
Pros
great management, co-workers, variety, money, benefits, creativity
Cons
i had babies at that time and wanted to be home with them.