[Please review requirements in detail. Do not send resume if you are not qualified]
The Applications Systems Administrator manages the account and application support administration for the network, security, and applications. This role provides quality user support providing quality support and high customer service to the client staff. This position reports to the MD, Applications Systems Administration.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Handle 2nd - 3rd level support calls by responding to phone calls, email, web, and walk-up requests
- Manage the centralized account administration for network accounts, security groups, and application accounts by implementing the operational security controls.
- Manage the upgrade in the application test environment for 3rd party applications.
- Support, maintain and administer Service Now application.
- Respond to issues of in-house developed applications that support the Program Team: Recruitment, Admissions, Teacher Support, and TFANET.
- Log requests, problems and resolutions in an incident and request tracking program (Service Now) and proactively resolve and escalate calls while keeping customer actively informed
- Provides support on problems related to applications as it interacts with desktop operating systems and other software applications, including installation and configuration.
- Builds, configures and installs workstations and related peripherals as needed
- Consult with user community on wide range of application, hardware, software, and operating system issues on predominantly PC and with some MAC and tablet platforms
- Research and recommend technologies to enhance customer service
- Serve on Technology project teams to better understand the implementation and support concerns of this evolving technology environment
- Work collaboratively with other Technology team members to ensure appropriate customer service levels are maintained
- Deliver advanced support on a 7x24 on-call rotation and manage to escalations for supported applications
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong customer service skills
- Knowledge of Active Directory, account management, directory services
- Experience and solid understanding of MS Office suite of applications.
- Eagerness and ability to learn new software applications and technologies quickly.
- Excellent organization, communication, and attention to detail skills required
- Interest in performing a critical support role while learning in a fast-paced environment required
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs.
- Thorough knowledge of Windows XP/7 Workstation
- Strong experience with Office 2003/2007/2010
- Must be knowledgeable with networking, including VPN and firewall technologies.
- Experienced working with cloud applications, desktop, client/server applications, printers, internet browsers
- Excellent user support and training skills
- Great inter-personal and communication skills
- User support services: training, help desk, third-party resource management, escalation process with application developers and server operations teams
Education and Experience
- BS/BA strongly preferred
- 5+ years of technical support experience in a technical call center or equivalent education and experience, combined
Indeed - 19 months ago