Nuance Employee Reviews

Mergers and acquisition heavy environment
Senior Management consultans (Former Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 23, 2017
Provided service consulting to clients, including ICD-10 preparedness, revenue cycle management, business process analysis, and clinical documentation improvement using the full suite of Clintegrity 360 products. Conduct onsite interviews and training with HIM, Billing and Compliance departments. Examine coded data for ICD-10 preparation while providing recommendations and action plans for workflow redesign that leverages Clintegrity products and services. Upsold Clintegrity products to current clients and maintain relationships after the completion of the servicBe component of the project.
Not a good place to work.
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Remote, CAFebruary 4, 2017
Dog-eat-dog environment. There was a definite teacher's pet type of environment. The majority of transcription managers had no experience dealing with scheduling or personnel. The favorites could have unlimited critical errors with no repercussions, while others could make one error (not critical) and have their pay decreased as much as $200.00. Most all accounts are being outsourced to India or to US companies with independent contractors.
Home position.
Acute Care Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 29, 2016
A typical day at work involves 10 hours of editing/transcribing medical documents. There is always something new to learn. Management has worked with me through a lot of health issues and have been very good finding people to cover my shifts. I really do not have a lot of interaction with my coworkers since my position is home-based. The hardest part of my job is sitting for long periods of time. The most enjoyable part is being able to work from home.
Bad Management
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 21, 2016
The company I was working for was acquired by Nuance. 90% of the people in the department I ended up in were not team oriented. Management became more and more micromanaging and unappreciative. I enjoyed what I did as well as the pay and benefits, but could no longer take the disrespect from teammates and managers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Bad management
Too little pay for too much work.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 22, 2016
As I do not work there any longer, I do not understand why you wish to know about its culture and setting. It was a satisfying job but with little pay and no job security. All California employees were summarily laid off suddenly (including me) because Nuance had suddenly decided it did not want to continue to do business in California.
Miserable company to work for
Medical Transcriptionist (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 26, 2017
Have worked for this company for years and accounts have literally diminished before my eyes. Have had no response from management as to my current options since jobs are being outsourced to India or other partners. Rude and an unacceptable way to treat their employees.
Unbalanced work flow
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Forney, TXFebruary 10, 2017
It was feast or famine. There was too much work for too short of a quality turn around or there was not enough work to keep everyone scheduled busy. It was a very frustrating environment to work in when you are paid on production.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Unstable work flow - very poor management.
Multicultural teams across many vertical lines
Software QA Manager (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 28, 2016
The company is heavily involved in many vertical business lines, all having to do with speech. I work in the Healthcare Division, but there are legal, automotive documentation and transcription businesses that all have a stake in the overall company profile.
Challenging at times.
Medical Transcription Quality Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01803October 28, 2016
I would install software on a new MTs computer. I learned troubleshooting personal PCs. My co-workers were very nice and friendly. The hardest part was setting up a company without any advanced notice. The most enjoyable was helping everyone.
Pros
Working at home
Cons
Sometimes there was not enough work
Worst company I have ever worked for
TSM (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 1, 2016
The teams I supervised were fantastic. I have had one or two managers who were also excellent. However, the company culture is nonexistent. The ONLY thing they care about is money, period. They treat employees like cogs in a wheel to use and then throw away. They also will lie to your face if it suits their agenda. Lots of politics and backstabbing. The CEO is one of the highest paid and the employees are being paid less and less. Do not apply here -- you'll thank me.
Pros
I have made some very good friends.
Cons
Management, sweat shop attitude, only care about profits
Acquisition Culture with Little Internal Growth or Prospects
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 17, 2016
Nuance exists and grows via the acquisition. They consume smaller companies to gain their revenue stream over time, and let the products languor.

If your company is purchased, it is likely only a matter of time before your team will be laid off.

Nuance isn't a horrible place to work if you are hired directly into it, but if you are acquired, watch out.

Upper management is consistently rated one of the five worst in terms of efficiency. The CEO in particular is immensely overpaid for the performance he has produced.

All in all, my time there wasn't terrible, but also wasn't anything I would go out of my way to recommend.
Pros
Market parity pay and benefits
Cons
Poorly managed business lines, little internal growth, dependence on acquisitions for revenue streams
So many products but they have compartmentalized teams
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 2, 2016
They know how to go through the motions but I wouldn't call it a beautiful dance. It is a good company to work with but product team selection will direct ability to improve your enjoyment and future career path.
More and more outsourcing and releasing of employees ***BEWARE***
Editor/QA (Former Employee) –  RemoteDecember 31, 2016
Management is releasing multiple employees due to outsourcing with absolutely no warning. This company is NOT STABLE. There are multiple MLS being released due to their states minimum wage. How fair is that?
Job Security
Medical Transcriptionist, Telecommute (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 8, 2017
There was always work to do. Great technical department to help with issues. Good communication with supervisors. Fairly good benefit package and time off.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Salary insufficient
Low pay, hard work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCDecember 1, 2016
A lot of expected of you in this job. You are penalized for mistakes and never rewarded for good work. Pay is barely minimum wage. Would not recommend this field to others.
Pros
work at home
Cons
pay, unable to live on this salary
Losing focus on core business
Enterprise Sales Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 17, 2017
The company is too focused on acquisitions without a full plan on integrating the new companies. This results in culture clash. The company's attitude is the Nuance way or no way.
Smart people, cool products, great learning opportunities
Principal QA Automation Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 1, 2016
The work environment is fast-paced, teat-oriented, challenging, and rewarding. Plenty of learning experience availabe from top-of-class- people.
Fast-paced, productive atmosphere.
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 24, 2017
Highly productive company, where accuracy and quality documentation are top priorities. Promoting a teamwork atmosphere and colleague collaboration in projects.
Good benefits
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Pearisburg, VADecember 27, 2016
Working from home, so no contact with coworkers. Workload very unstable. Not a chance to build a relationship with supervisor because you get a new supervisor every couple of months.
Nice to grow to a bigger company
Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAJanuary 12, 2017
From Tweddle, we had the opportunity to make ConnectCar technology grow. I was a good experience to be a part of. I learned about QA the most there.
Pros
Stock perk
Cons
Distance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6