Nuance

Nuance Employer Reviews

Trademark Paralegal (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2014
It is a good place to work. They are flexible in allowing you to work from home on days of inclement weather etc. It is also a good environment. they have have a Foosball and ping pong table in the lounge.
Depending on what Mgt you work for, will determine your stay here.
Credit & Collections Analyst/Cust. Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 12, 2014
7 to 4pm job, great people. Mgt can be Fair. Social Group, Ping Pong Table, free drinks and popcorn.
Very dehumanizing workplace
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice tsm
Cons: awful
I have worked for several not so stellar companies in my life, but this company takes the cake completely. You are treated like a machine, expected to make them big money while paying you just barely above minimum. They actually took pennies away, no kidding, after they "merged" with the nice little company I originally signed on with. Upper management – more... has absolutely no idea what it is we do and doesn't care, as long as their pockets are being lined and lined well. I have seriously lost 100's of dollars with all of their "amazing technology" and changes since "merging."

If you are thinking about hiring on with this company, run and run super fast in another direction! – less
Great stay-at-home job
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomington, IN 47403February 28, 2014
Pros: low stress, can do this job anywhere with good internet connection
Cons: very monotonous, always at home, a lot of sitting behind a desk.
I normally work a split shift. I start at 11 am until 4 pm and then 8 pm to midnight. Every month, this company offers a new online class that is very informative. This job is pretty flexible, and my manager is very helpful with any questions I have. I don't really know any of my coworkers because I do work from home and have never met them. The hardest – more... part of this job for me is actually staying at home all the time. It was my dream job when my kids were little, but now that they're getting older, I'd like to do something I am passionate about. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it is very low stress, no money spent on gas or work clothes. – less
Good Co-workers and location
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much management and not enough workers
Great to work with co-workers, management needs to change. Too many managers.
Technology enhancing Clinical Documentation Improvement
Planning / Sales Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: technology on the cutting edge - the best in the business
Cons: hours spent doing administrative tasks - time & travel, travel expenses . . .
On the edge technology company - facilitating the marriage between Clinical Documentation Improvement and technology. Dynamic sales team - interested in proliferating the work and benefit of a partnership with Nuance.
great company doing interesting work
Speech Scientist / Business Analyst (Former Employee), Mahwah, NJJanuary 30, 2014
I spent many years parsing, analyzing, and reporting on user experience of interactive voice recognition software. I worked on a great team and learned about everything from text parsing, perl scripting, SQL, and using MS Office and other tools to report on findings.
Hostile Work Enviroment, Age Discrimination
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLJanuary 28, 2014
Cons: see the above comments
A typical day there to say the least is very stressful. The pay is very low. Management carries double edged swards. Supervisor had no people skills. The hardest part of the job is working there. The most enjoyable part of the job is a FAT ZERO.
remote job from home.
Transcription (Current Employee), Roanoke Rapids, NCJanuary 20, 2014
Pros: at home job.
Cons: very remote, little contact
N/a. Poor review. Very little pay or guidance. No advancement, no bonuses, weekend work, no holiday pay.
Voice Recognition Sales
Senior Account Mg (Former Employee), Named Accounts MgrJanuary 15, 2014
Global Cutting Edge Voice Recognition firm. Helping the world speak!
Medical Transcriptionist/editor
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Former Employee), Tampa, FloridaJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: being able to work from home.
Cons: voice recognition performance standards
Very stressful working conditions, particularly when converting to voice recognition due to the fact that approximately 85% to 90% of physicians were those with English as their second language. The pay rate was reduced to one-half of that for transcribed material and performance standard was increased, making it extremely difficult and stressful to – more... meet the required standards. Having a holiday off was a luxury; for instance, if you were granted Thanksgiving Holiday, you could not request or be granted Christmas Holiday. Time granted for doctor's appointments or other time off had to be made up during the work week. – less
Good for some positions
Senior Human Resource Manager (Current Employee), Seattle, WADecember 30, 2013
It's hard to be a manager at this company.
It has great products and the Seattle office is fun and supportive. The work life balance is great for most - very flexible schedules. However PS is a tough place to work.
Too much administrivia and red tape for managers. Hard to get anything done. Sr. Mgmt doesn't trust managers to do their jobs and tends – more... toward micro-management.
For those in remote offices, it can be hard to get promoted unless you are willing to relocate (to Boston area). – less
A 5 Star Company and team.
Medical Transcription Editor (Current Employee), Laplace, LADecember 16, 2013
Pros: team support.
Cons: schedule.
From the start, this company stood out in terms of it's motivation to ensure the success of it's employees. It transcription is your career goal, you must highly consider Nuance as your first contact.
Unfair employer
Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 6, 2013
Pros: good explanation of duties
Cons: quality and productivity requirements inflated
This is a big impersonal corporation that bought out the company I had worked for for 9 years in 2013. Their system of review was unfair and I was terminated on an unfair basis. I'm afraid at this point, I have no good word for them, other than the supervisors I worked under did try to be fair and were very helpful when I needed help.
Typical transcription and VR job
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), MassachusettsNovember 18, 2013
Pros: flex time
Cons: short lunch, pay rate
Only thing negative I do not like is the pay compensation and how picky the QCs can be even with guidelines in place.
Strict performance/production standards, low pay.
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee), Waukegan, ILNovember 6, 2013
Pros: work from home, flexibility of choosing work schedule.
Cons: overly strict performance/production standards, low pay.
Typical day at work: A flexible 12-hour window to meet your mandatory 8-hour shift. I learned very interesting steps in transcribing charts either through straight typing or voice recognition.

Management was great because they were available in a chat room while you are working, otherwise through e-mail to answer any questions you have.

Co-workers – more... were good because we helped each other in chat whenever there was a difficult question.

The hardest part of the job was meeting 200 lines per hour rate and 97% or greater accuracy consistently. If you fall below this more than once, your job is on the line and you will be fired promptly. If you consistently meet this requirement your pay rate is eligible to increase.

The most enjoyable part of the job is working from home and the flexibility of choosing your work schedule. – less
Have had a good experience working here.
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAOctober 27, 2013
I love the work, love the medical aspects, love being a part of helping the patient's have an accurate medical record.
Good working environment
Sale Assistant (Current Employee), O'Hare Airport ChicagoOctober 2, 2013
Pros: no
Cons: 15 min breaks
It is fun to work there. Everyone over there are very friendly and easy going.
Easy to get hired, lots of work
MLS (medical language specialist). (Current Employee), Edmonton, Alberta.September 30, 2013
Pros: flexible hours.
Cons: disrespectful management.
A typical day at work is you work from home as an independent contractor. You get the benefits of flexible hours, and tax deductions for home equipment (office set up, phone, internet, etc.) but the hassle of having to keep track of all receipts all year, all invoices, and doing your own taxes. Flexible hours are great for taking naps when you want, – more... going shopping when you want, picking up the kids from school, etc., and having the work available waiting for you in the middle of the night or whenever you feel like doing it, so five stars on lifestyle.

Income? Depends on how fast and accurate you are, and the particular software/platform of the particular account you happen to be on. Some platforms such as Meditech are very tedious and hard to be productive on, while others like Fusion are easier. MTs who have an account where they have to search demographics or deal with complex cc routing, etc., will not earn much money. These MTSOs need to learn that accounts like that should pay higher.

Management does not give a hoot about the individual MT. It is a money making company only. If you are fast and accurate, you will never get promoted, because they need MTs who can produce much more than they need team leads or managers, so don't be too good at what you do if you want to be considered for a higher position. After 9 years of working for Accentus I will never get a management position because I am a top producer. I have typed my way into a dead end. Management is also extremely disrespectful of the individual MT, ignoring any ideas you may have for improvement, telling you they know what they are doing, thank you very much. Team leads can be abusive and get away with it. There is no training program for team leads, so some are lenient and relaxed while others are obsessive, picky and abusive of MTs.

Co-workers are not a relevant topic when you work at home. You work in isolation. Management does not allow MTs to talk to each other; all emails to the team are sent by blind copy list.

The hardest part of the job is that no matter how hard you work, every day you get an email saying they need the whole team to work harder or they will lose the account, and you are left wondering if your efforts do anything and what would happen to you when the account is lost.

The most enjoyable part of this job is the flexible hours. Also, one is continuously learning new medical terms and procedures. If you find the medical field fascinating, and you don't need friends or any pats on the back ever, if you just need an income, this is a good job. – less
Good training tools.
Medical Transcriptionist-Radiology (Former Employee), MAJuly 5, 2013
Pros: being paid to train, working at home
Cons: much confusion in handling issues from management, low pay, difficult to achieve productivity levels demanded
A typical day of work at home was from 10:00 am to 6:00pm central standard time with reports uploading into EditScript to be transcribed/edited. These reports were then sent to the Radiology dept. of the hospital account to which was assigned. I received good training, but the various specifics of the account to which I was assigned changed too frequently – more... making the training received and the actual work done difficult. I did not have any contact with workers as I worked from home. Management could have had a better grasp of the mechanization of medical issues. The hardest part of the job was achieving what was directed to do to increase productivity as some reports took an insurmountable amount of time to transcribe/edit. The most enjoyable part of the job was working at home and being paid to train. – less

1 2 3

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more