Nuance

Nuance Employee Reviews

Exciting Industry and Products
Americas Alliance Manager (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 8, 2015
Being a part of bringing to market innovative products and solutions was exhilarating. Being part of a culture that promoted mergers and acquisitions (and jobs and function cuts) as a means of making the bottom line was worrisome. Change was not about growth, but about adapting to less.
Transcription
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), TelecommuteJuly 3, 2015
Difficult to obtain expectations. The few staff members I have worked with have been nice but they too realize expectations are very difficult to obtain.
Very good place to work
Senior Desktop Support (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJune 26, 2015
I liked working for Nuance. It was challenging and there were a lot of good hardworking, smart people. Their voice technology is excellent.
Unsteady, unpredictable work volume
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), AtlantaJune 25, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: No work equals poor pay; can't earn a decent living here.
A typical day at work involves logging in to find that there is no work available and then having to sit at the computer indefinitely, hoping you will be the lucky person to get the next job that is dictated. The company has overhired, and now there simply isn't enough work to go around on many accounts. They have created so many hurdles to jump through, that you are penalized to the hilt, and it is impossible to earn a good living here. What used to be a solid place to work isn't now.
Remote position, typical outsource transcription company, emphasis on high productivity for not much compensation.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJune 2, 2015
This is an outsource company that contracts with multiple hospitals around the country to perform their transcription via voice recognition. I am sent the voice and/or partially completed clinical reports to edit and complete, or transcribe. I am assigned one primary hospital account, and have approximately 6 additional accounts that I have access to, and have to work in if they need help. Each account has their own specifications I need to adhere to, as well as my own corporate guidelines in regards to accuracy and quality. I meet these guidelines in a timely fashion. It can be difficult – more... to keep up with multiple providers' guidelines, so attention to detail is an absolute necessity in this job. I work an evening shift, and frequently late at night my accounts will run out of dictation, so I run out of work to do. I am not compensated for this, and for this reason I wish to transition to another work field. I also want to spend more time with my family by working a day job, Monday through Friday. I have had the ability to work remotely from home for the past 14 years, which I have enjoyed very much. Transcription is being overtaken by technology in that voice recognition is turning it into an editing position, which has reduced the pay scale greatly. This is also another reason for my wishing to exit this field of work. – less
Cut our salaries DRASTICALLY for same work done when they called themselves Transolutions.
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Waukegan, ILMay 29, 2015
Pros: Working at home
Cons: Awful "benefits, " embarrassing pay.
Sixteen years ago when starting with Transolutions, I was proud to list them as an employer. When they changed to Accentus, it was still a decent job. Now as Nuance, I have never been so devalued and humiliated to list them an employer. They appear to care nothing about experience, loyalty and even very good numbers regarding quality. They have cut our pay so much that everyone is trying to get out of the field.

The most enjoyable part of the job is helping fellow team members who are struggling and helping patients in the best way I can now.

The hardest part is not being able to quit outright when being shown that my 16 years and performance mean nothing after working for so long at this.

My co-workers likely are not doing any better than I am. I will help them any time possible.

A typical day at work is firing up my home office and working with little to no supervision required, often in my pajamas! A typical pay day is often met with tears.
A motivating place to work.
Senior Software Engineer (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMay 26, 2015
Pros: Flexibility with our work schedule, allowed to work from home when needed.
Cons: Organization reporting structure was very heirarchical.
My job involved maintaining and enhancing features in Dragon NaturallySpeaking and Dragon Medical Network/Practice Edition packaging software. I worked very closely with Release engineers, Software Developers and QA engineers on a day to day basis satisfying them with the software requirements and features. We all worked with Agile development environment. I had my own VM systems, with different test scenarios set so that I can do my unit and functional testing.

We were a team of 5 Install developers, 2 in USA and 3 Ukraine, and we worked very closely that the work was spread out evenly among us developers, with great team effort in resolving issues.
Punitive Work Place
Quality Assurance Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMay 17, 2015
Pros: Remote
Cons: Poor wages
Company penalizes workers financially for any error made any given pay period. This makes budgeting for the average person very difficult.
Nuance had a good training program.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Availability of work
I contracted to a specific timeframe and a specific line count and I edited or transcribed hospital and surgical notes.
Good Technologies and Engineers but Poor Management
Senior Software Engineer R&D MacSpeech (Former Employee), BurlingtonMay 8, 2015
The company has talented engineers and interesting technologies but management, specifically product management mismanages the technologies and new product development.

Engineers can't build what is right for the marketplace only what they are told to build.
If Poverty's Your Goal, Sign Up!
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), remote work from homeApril 26, 2015
Pros: You don't have to work 7 days a week.
Cons: everything else
Pay based on sliding scale. Ridiculous daily QA. Too much mandatory off the clock requirements, like checking QA, reading emails, etc, which they say are included in figuring pay. My direct supervisor (TM) was wonderful, but up the scale they don't care about you at all. The QA is so bad, it makes you second-guess yourself, creating a viscous circle of getting bad scores because you aren't sure of yourself anymore.
Not a very professionally ran company
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), MarylandApril 26, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Work at least one weekend day every week.
This company is a nationally-based company that produces medical documents for many, many facilities in this country. They also send the work overseas. By sending their work overseas, this leaves not much work for those in the US to produce to make ends meet. The work of late has been plentiful; however, there is strong ESL dictators. The pay is also not the best for us in this profession. Many of us went to school to learn this trade, and in the beginning were able to make a very decent living, but today's standards ahave put a damper on that end of the profession.
Great experience
Merchant (Former Employee), Burgas, GAApril 25, 2015
Working in the Duty free shop at the Airport has taught me many skills which i consider essential for every employee.That includes the ability to work collaboratively in a group environment,introducing yourself to your new colleagues,spending time getting to know them and finding complementary skills that would definately improve your team work with them.I don't know about the most enjoyable part of the job,but my colleagues played a huge role in making this job an actual productive and fun workplace.
Front-End Developer (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 21, 2015
Pros: New office space!
Cons: Contractors are rarely hired as permanent full-time employees.
As a front-end developer at Nuance, I was able to work on a variety of projects from managing daily tickets to building the new look and feel for nuance.com to editing wordpress sites. The co-workers are great. The atmosphere is fun and professional. A great place to work.
Good company for beginning transcriptionists
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 16, 2015
Really good company to work for if you are a medical transcriptionist. My Transcription Service Manager is one of the best I've worked with. I just need a career change. The hardest part of the job is being paid by the line, not hourly, and being expected to maintain a continuous 99.6% accuracy with some of the dictators. Honestly? Some of the American dictators are worse than the English as Second Language dictators!
Overall this is a great company to work for
Senior Application Consultant / Product Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, overall great environment
Cons: management, not a lot of advancement options
In general I have enjoyed my time with Nuance. The company as a whole takes pretty good care of their employees and are great to work for. The only issues I have is that it is very challenging to advance as the people that are here have been here for a long time and don't have plans of leaving.
great compnay
Sr. Application Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: too much travel without advanced notice
I enjoyed working at Nuance. Management allowed us to work independently. The positio I worked in was truly a consultant position where you ran the entire show while at the customers site. Nuance has a very strong brand and we always met customers expectations.
Live Nuance, breathe Nuance, eat Nuance, sleep Nuance and repeat
Client Development Executive (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: No concept of what a work day means.
Great company to work for with exciting technology and good people. The corporate culture is not desirable. In order to advance you must forgo any activities out side of Nuance. Work/Life does not exist with Nuance.
Low pay, low moralen
Home-based medical transcriptionist (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: working from home.
Cons: low morale
Pay scale was cut just recently after the buy out of Probity almost a year. Penalized monetarily for big and small errors, Post audit reports, and for the percentage of jobs being sent to QC.
Great experience and exposed to new technology
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 16, 2015
. Maintain test environments - deploy builds and perform BVT / smoke test pass
. Review specifications and requirements
. Document Test plan and Test cases
. Review testing documents with peers and technical team
. Run functional automation test cases using selenium tool
. Create test data using SQL server

1 2 3 4 5

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more

Nuance Salaries