Nuance

Nuance Employer Reviews

Pretty relaxed, somewhat chaotic
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pretty good overall, good co-workers, systems kind of in a chaotic state.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: making customers happy by helping
Cons: grouchy customers
Learned Accounts Payable and service billing.

Typical day was billing for service rendered for handheld Dictaphone/Ricoh products.

Management was great to us. We were rewarded with raises and bonuses.

Hardest part of the job of course was grouchy customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and hear them smile.
Fun Place to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialists (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: n/a
Awesome Management Team!! Open door policy.. Great Place to work
Long Hours,
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 20, 2014
Not a lot of morale with the employees
Management was hands off
Ping Pong
Application Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: to much donated time
Be ready to donate alot of your free time to them to do your expense reports, meetings after hours.

Management are micromanagers
Worked from home in a quiet, secure, comfortable environment.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Sahuarita, AZAugust 14, 2014
Pros: flexible hours, no dress code, no driving.
Cons: loss of a $50, 000 year saleary to half that after 10 years of experience.
This company is really a great place to work. Unfortunately, due to technology, medical transcription salaries were literally cut in half. Instead of typing reports in full, voice recognition has forced transcriptionists to work as editors, as the recordings type themselves.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Agent (Current Employee), KENNESAW, GA.August 8, 2014
very positive experience. i learned selling skills and how to be a good team mate.
Think twice..... if not more
Consultant (Former Employee), Burlington, MAJuly 17, 2014
Pros: $'s were good
Cons: too many....
If I knew what I know now, I would have thought again and again before joining them.
They play head games and are not trained to be polite. Everything is a demand - and when they (management) are wrong, there is no apology for wasted time. This goes across the board for most managers not just the ones you report to.
There is no training - it is sink – more... or swim. Do not expect any Standard Operating Procedure listed. Things change too rapidly.
Never accept a temp job from them. It will be your downfall – less
No opportunites for advancement
Quality Assurance Specialist Post-Delivery (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJuly 16, 2014
Self explanatory, no opportunities for advancement in the MTSO so I opted to explore other options.
Applications Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLJune 30, 2014
Pros: training
Supportive management team and teammates. All tools to succeed.
Great company to work for
Principal SQA Automation Engineer (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJune 26, 2014
Overall Nuance is a great and friendly place to work, allows flexible work hours and provides great benefits for employers
Small workplace, and recent building upgrades
Operations Analyst (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJJune 4, 2014
Pros: upgraded bilding
Cons: long commute, advancement difficult
Good Place to work. Management styles differ greatly in each business unit, separated amongst groups. Minimal job reqs available in current office.
Not a Fan
Technical Consultant (Current Employee), Mahwah, NJApril 22, 2014
Pros: work with good people (no one in management)
Cons: forced to adhere to business casual dress code, which is not followed by any other office. looking at you, sunnyvale :-)
Too much work heaped on each employee. No resources available because the company continually buys new companies and then lays off senior, experienced people so the bottom line doesn't suffer. We have lost a huge amount of IP because of this practice. Maybe if the CEO and upper management stop taking millions every year, which ultimately comes out of – more... the pockets of their hard-working, long-suffering employees, the company could hold on to these experienced assets. Then perhaps they could pay a decent salary and bonus to those who are keeping the company afloat. One day, Nuance will implode, and there will be thousands of casualties worldwide.

The stock tells the story: from $30/share in 2012 to $16.32 today. Nuance has lost its way. – less
provided upon request
Senior HR Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Burlington MAMarch 28, 2014
Daily multi-tasking involved troubleshooting, managing projects, system configuration, research and analysis, testing, and implementation. Additional details provided upon request.
Trademark Paralegal (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 15, 2014
It is a good place to work. They are flexible in allowing you to work from home on days of inclement weather etc. It is also a good environment. they have have a Foosball and ping pong table in the lounge.
Depending on what Mgt you work for, will determine your stay here.
Credit & Collections Analyst/Cust. Representative (Current Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 12, 2014
7 to 4pm job, great people. Mgt can be Fair. Social Group, Ping Pong Table, free drinks and popcorn.
Very dehumanizing workplace
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Atlanta, GAMarch 4, 2014
Pros: nice tsm
Cons: awful
I have worked for several not so stellar companies in my life, but this company takes the cake completely. You are treated like a machine, expected to make them big money while paying you just barely above minimum. They actually took pennies away, no kidding, after they "merged" with the nice little company I originally signed on with. Upper management – more... has absolutely no idea what it is we do and doesn't care, as long as their pockets are being lined and lined well. I have seriously lost 100's of dollars with all of their "amazing technology" and changes since "merging."

If you are thinking about hiring on with this company, run and run super fast in another direction! – less
Great stay-at-home job
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Bloomington, IN 47403February 28, 2014
Pros: low stress, can do this job anywhere with good internet connection
Cons: very monotonous, always at home, a lot of sitting behind a desk.
I normally work a split shift. I start at 11 am until 4 pm and then 8 pm to midnight. Every month, this company offers a new online class that is very informative. This job is pretty flexible, and my manager is very helpful with any questions I have. I don't really know any of my coworkers because I do work from home and have never met them. The hardest – more... part of this job for me is actually staying at home all the time. It was my dream job when my kids were little, but now that they're getting older, I'd like to do something I am passionate about. The most enjoyable part of this job is that it is very low stress, no money spent on gas or work clothes. – less
Good Co-workers and location
Facilities Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: good benefits
Cons: too much management and not enough workers
Great to work with co-workers, management needs to change. Too many managers.
Technology enhancing Clinical Documentation Improvement
Planning / Sales Support (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: technology on the cutting edge - the best in the business
Cons: hours spent doing administrative tasks - time & travel, travel expenses . . .
On the edge technology company - facilitating the marriage between Clinical Documentation Improvement and technology. Dynamic sales team - interested in proliferating the work and benefit of a partnership with Nuance.

1 2 3 4

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more