Nuance Employee Reviews

inbound customer calls
Customer Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 7, 2017
there is a high volume of inbound customer calls requesting support -there is not enough customer support engineers to provide each customer full and complete support - engineers tend to cut corners to maintain company statistics and maintain a low ticket count
Good place to work but poor management
Installation Programmer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 6, 2017
This is a good place to work. But the managers are not so helpful in helping you grow in your career. Also there is a lack of advancement within the company.
Ability to work remote.
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLDecember 5, 2017
Don't have much of an opinion. This was a position in which I would just sign on, do my work, and sign off at end of shift. No enjoyment of the job. Not a good experience working with this company.
No Review
Senior Business Development Executive (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 27, 2017
Good company, good benefits, good people, good industry, good healthcare , good options good 401k good stock good management. Good culture, good diversity, good training, good day of work
gOOD
November 29, 2017

Thank you for your feedback on Nuance. We're glad to see you are enjoying the company and culture!

ok place to work
Remote Support Engineer Healthcare (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 26, 2017
Mission critical High Stress Job. No excuses, Company appears to care about Customer, but bottom line is , money and making quota every month. Company has changed from caring to not caring in the last year about individuals, company Doesnt compete with compition, they buy them out and then fire everyone.
Pros
pay was good
Cons
stress is extremely high
Not the best place to work
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 19, 2017
The system was awkward to work on. The hours were bad. My manager was always as helpful as she could be. Hardest part of the job was understanding some of the dictation.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Not a good computer system to work on.
IC work
At-home medical transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Home BasedNovember 16, 2017
Working at home as an independent contractor, we would sometimes run out of work. There were also occasions where we would have PC issues and have to wait sometimes up to 2-3 hours to get the "Help Desk" to figure out the problem.

Also, typing medical records at home, you do not receive any type of benefits, overtime pay, holiday pay, etc. Also, working alone instead of with a team would sometimes be an issue due to if you needed help, there was nobody physically around to turn to for help.

Also, payroll would be late or be wrong and it would take some time for things to get straightened out.

This company no longer employees residents of California to work as Independent Contractors.
Pros
Set my own schedule
Cons
Worked every holiday, every Sunday, no overtime pay or compensation.
Good Solid Company with exceptional Management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NENovember 15, 2017
Good Solid Company with exceptional Management. Very dedicated and knowledgeable professional associates. Excellent team-work and collaboration. A lot of Can do instead of Can not associates,
November 29, 2017

We're glad to see in your time here you enjoyed your team, management, and the company overall. We want to keep the "can do's" going as that is how innovation happens!

Great People
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MANovember 12, 2017
Everyone at Nuance seems kind and overall are great people to work with. Improvements to the building are being made quite often and the PTO policy is generous.
November 15, 2017

Thank you for your comment! We are happy to hear you enjoy the amenities and PTO policy.

Virtual Workplace
Senior Product Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 11, 2017
difficult to get resources for older products so it was difficult to keep customers happy with the product. had to make it up with services. Liked the virtual environment although more face to face meetings could have improved team dynamics.
Pros
Virtual workplace
November 15, 2017

We are glad to hear you enjoyed the environment here @ Nuance. Thank you for the feedback on more face to face meetings. Collaboration and communication are two key goals for 2018. We are working on creating more of this for our empoyees in the coming months.

stay for the experience, leave for the mgmt
NOC Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 10, 2017
everything about this company is great - provided breakfast, cold drinks, snacks, and weekly lunches, clean office with great views(Seattle), etc., EXCEPT for the terrible choice in management. Granted my position was on the low end of the totem pole, it doesn't excuse a new manager coming in and within 12 months 75% of the team quitting/leaving. Sad.
Great people
Senior Manager, Solutions (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WANovember 9, 2017
Team members work together to deliver complex solutions. The technology is interesting and benefits individuals and business alike. Strong professional individuals work at Nuance.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
unpredictable
November 15, 2017

We appreciate you leaving a review on us. The experience you had with collaboration across your team is good to hear.

No team work
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MA 01803November 7, 2017
I told I was part of a "team" but I never knew who my other team members were, nor was I allowed to reach out to any one other than the team manager for help with a transcription problem (what is this word, how does this dr prefer this to be transcribed, etc.). Pay is extremely low and quotas are oftentimes unrealistic. Too much stress and not enough compensation for it.
Productive place to work
Production Operation Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLNovember 7, 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working at Nuance and planned on retiring with them; however sadly, the recent Reduction in Force has rendered hundreds of us unemployed.
November 8, 2017

Thank you for your response. Like many large companies, change in workforce does occur. We are glad to see you enjoyed your time here @ Nuance and wish you the best of luck in the future.

Professional enviroment, positive attitude
Sales Development Representive (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 25, 2017
Making business calls to build and manage lead development. Prospect into multiple organizations via cold calling. Respond to all sales calls within 24 hours. Check the iLead system for leads daily and respond immediately.
Pros
Relaxed company with a multi cultural enviroment
Cons
Pay reaises were far an few
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. We are glad to see you enjoy the environment. Management assess their full-time employees pay on an annual basis to ensure we are evaluating our employee year over year for a fair assessment of pay. An opportunity for increase for full-time employees can potentially come about annually or off cycle.

Enjoyed the customers and supporting their directives
Partner Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 24, 2017
The job itself was what drove me. Management was and is very lacking in their vision, field knowledge and knowing their people. Almost daily forecast calls and that was capped with a weekly account review. Spent more time handling forecast calls than what was necessary and that time significantly disrupted sales focus.
Pros
Great group of colleagues and the job was always interesting
Cons
Management was disconnected and lacked vision
November 1, 2017

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts and feedback. It's great to hear you enjoyed your colleagues and found your job interesting when you were here. Before exiting the company, we hope you shared your thoughts on management with HR or any manager in your group you felt would be able to address your concerns to ensure a better experience for future employees in the group.

Fair place to work.
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLOctober 23, 2017
Company is currently undergoing downsizing which caused me to loose my position with them. My direct supervisor was supportive and had postive relatuonship.
November 1, 2017

Thank you for your review. Like many large companies, change in employees does occur. We are glad your manager was supportive and you had a positive experience with he/she.

Mixed Review
Application Consultant (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 23, 2017
Nuance overall is a great company to work for. Different divisions, however have their qualms. Nepotism in some divisions is rampant and should not be tolerated but is.
Schedules are mostly fair, however compensation for travel should be revised.
All team members should also be held to the same standards which it is not.
Pros
Benefits, travel perks
Cons
Nepotism, work life balance
November 1, 2017

Thank you for the words above. It's great to see you enjoyed working here overall.

Tech Vampire
REGIONAL SALES MANAGER (Former Employee) –  CAOctober 20, 2017
Like a lot of Tech companies, Nuance acquired tech companies through hostile takeovers. They tried to dominate sectors but didn't always implement and integrate their acquisitions. Generally, the product offerings' quality fell after acquisition.

Their software maintenance cycles and product life cycle management usually were miss-managed. Shame, really, because they acquired some outstanding software offerings.
Fast Pace
Business Intelligence Lead Engineer (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAOctober 3, 2017
This company was a fast paced cutting edge company focused on acquisitions and mergers. Always changing technology and direction but had the opportunity to work from anywhere
October 4, 2017

Thank you for your review. As any technology company, we are always trying to stay ahead of the trends which means a lot of fast paced movement. We are happy to hear you were able to work remote and enjoyed that amenity tied to your department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuance. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7