Nuance

Nuance United States Employee Reviews

Great experience
Merchant (Former Employee), Burgas, GAApril 25, 2015
Working in the Duty free shop at the Airport has taught me many skills which i consider essential for every employee.That includes the ability to work collaboratively in a group environment,introducing yourself to your new colleagues,spending time getting to know them and finding complementary skills that would definately improve your team work with them.I don't know about the most enjoyable part of the job,but my colleagues played a huge role in making this job an actual productive and fun workplace.
Front-End Developer (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 21, 2015
Pros: New office space!
Cons: Contractors are rarely hired as permanent full-time employees.
As a front-end developer at Nuance, I was able to work on a variety of projects from managing daily tickets to building the new look and feel for nuance.com to editing wordpress sites. The co-workers are great. The atmosphere is fun and professional. A great place to work.
Good company for beginning transcriptionists
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 16, 2015
Really good company to work for if you are a medical transcriptionist. My Transcription Service Manager is one of the best I've worked with. I just need a career change. The hardest part of the job is being paid by the line, not hourly, and being expected to maintain a continuous 99.6% accuracy with some of the dictators. Honestly? Some of the American dictators are worse than the English as Second Language dictators!
Overall this is a great company to work for
Senior Application Consultant / Product Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, overall great environment
Cons: management, not a lot of advancement options
In general I have enjoyed my time with Nuance. The company as a whole takes pretty good care of their employees and are great to work for. The only issues I have is that it is very challenging to advance as the people that are here have been here for a long time and don't have plans of leaving.
great compnay
Sr. Application Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: too much travel without advanced notice
I enjoyed working at Nuance. Management allowed us to work independently. The positio I worked in was truly a consultant position where you ran the entire show while at the customers site. Nuance has a very strong brand and we always met customers expectations.
Live Nuance, breathe Nuance, eat Nuance, sleep Nuance and repeat
Client Development Executive (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: No concept of what a work day means.
Great company to work for with exciting technology and good people. The corporate culture is not desirable. In order to advance you must forgo any activities out side of Nuance. Work/Life does not exist with Nuance.
Low pay, low moralen
Home-based medical transcriptionist (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: working from home.
Cons: low morale
Pay scale was cut just recently after the buy out of Probity almost a year. Penalized monetarily for big and small errors, Post audit reports, and for the percentage of jobs being sent to QC.
Great experience and exposed to new technology
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 16, 2015
. Maintain test environments - deploy builds and perform BVT / smoke test pass
. Review specifications and requirements
. Document Test plan and Test cases
. Review testing documents with peers and technical team
. Run functional automation test cases using selenium tool
. Create test data using SQL server
Good place to start-off
Manual Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Good company to start-off your career with. Company culture depends on each location, but the location I worked in was great. While there is a lot one can learn at this company, there isn't much room for growth.
Growing and Fast Paced Environment
Associate Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2015
Nuance is constantly growing and changing. I work on the field and the stress can be high with learning the new processes and still having to hit your numbers. However, management is very understanding and helpful.
Employees are fantastic however management is terrible
Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: upper management changes frequently, no direction, poor benefits
Management treats employees as if they are all independent contractors. No room for growth as it is run like a small family business.
No company strategy
VICE PRESIDENT – IT (Current Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 26, 2015
No company strategy. Only concern is cutting costs and managing quarter to quarter. Employees are not empowered to accomplish anything. Micromanaged from the very top levels.
Speech Technology leader
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: industry recognition
Cons: cost of solutions difficult in small to mid market enterprise space
Impressive portfolio and Professional Services expertise is the most experienced in the industry. Their ability to deliver and expand Omni-Channel solutions is a clear differentiator.
The relastionship with employee could be improved
Burlington, Ma US- Language specialist (Current Employee), HomeFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: working from home is great !
Cons: at the same time i miss the touch with people and this is very important to me.
When you work from home, being a woman and at my age, is something great. After 5 years now of that and after a life working among people, the feeling of being out becomes very strong. I am grateful for being part of this important company, but the relationship between the management and employees is very "cold" , impersonal and sometimes frustrating. Every once in while and for periods of 1-2 months, there is no work and this without any announcement . And I dislike this aspect. The good and enjoyable part is that, working from home , I have been free to go to Italy visiting my mom.
NA
Corrections Team Lead/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything
When our company was bought out by Nuance originally, they made the package look very appealing and made you feel secure. Then, the glamour wore off and the real company culture appeared. Their idea of laying off a person is to give them 10 minutes notes after sending a seemingly innocent meeting invite. Don't put your work life into this company, as it will not last.
I was very productive while working with company. I earned good working as an independent vendor working from home.
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee), MAFebruary 8, 2015
I worked from home for this company. Management is very good. No stress. Nice environment. Lot of growth. Coworkers were very cooperative. Hardest part of the job when there was some emergency and had to work at midnight, but it was compensated nicely. I enjoyed working with this company.
JA Thomas-A broken division in Nuance
Clinical Consultant (Current Employee), RemoteFebruary 1, 2015
Pros: benefits are great
Cons: poor management and mediocre product
Although the compensation package is good on the surface, as someone else said, there is a lot of donated time. This depreciates the comp package substantially. They are trying to grow, but management is unprepared and inexperienced for the journey. They will have a long, bumpy road, and a lot more turn over before they get it right...if they get it right.
Okay place to work
Medical Transcriptionist/editor (Current Employee), Cookson, OKJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: good manager, good accounts, provide education and training to help you better perform your duties.
Cons: pay is not good.
Some managers answer your questions in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of the job is the variety of different reports you get to type/edit. The hardest part of the job is isolation.
Solitary work place.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: always going to be a need for voice document editors
Cons: short breaks, demand for perfection seems constant
My typical day at work involves editing voice recognized documents by listening to digital recordings. The more lines produced, completed or edited, the better the salary. Accuracy is definitely important, but the need to get it done faster and faster can be frustrating. Typically only hear from supervisors through mass e-mails. Since most of the co-workers and supervisors are spread across the country, and possibly around the world, there is not a lot of interaction between us.

The hardest parts of the job is the pressure from the company to have 100% accurate documents and from myself to stay focused.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is the ability to work from home and the bloopers that voice recognition provides to be corrected.
A great place to advance; however, the quuality was hard to obtain
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 31, 2014
Pros: the technical support was excellent)
Cons: pay was low, and i fel that i was someone alone which never falter my work; however, i felt sometimes i needed a little bit more guidance that what was recieved.
I was able to choose my own schedule which I liked very much. There are rotating weekends,but the week before and week after that scheduled weekend you get your choice of a day of. I fel that communication could definitely have been better. This is a quite huge company and the QA department is also quite large. I felt left out in the cold quite a bit when I needed a question answere ASaP as we communicated through E-mail for the most part. I was not satisfied with the kind of communication I was dealing with and sometimes that can most definitely harm your line count especially if the physician dictating tends to have very misplaced (grammar/wise) dictation. I fell the hardest part of the job was trying to find answers and having to wait 1 to 2 days sometimes to go on and that directly after training. The most enjoyable part of this job was I suppose having the priviledge to finish you work from hom.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more

Nuance Salaries