Nuance

Nuance Employee Reviews

Nuance had a good training program.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Boston, MAMay 15, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Availability of work
I contracted to a specific timeframe and a specific line count and I edited or transcribed hospital and surgical notes.
Good Technologies and Engineers but Poor Management
Senior Software Engineer R&D MacSpeech (Former Employee), BurlingtonMay 8, 2015
The company has talented engineers and interesting technologies but management, specifically product management mismanages the technologies and new product development.

Engineers can't build what is right for the marketplace only what they are told to build.
If Poverty's Your Goal, Sign Up!
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee), remote work from homeApril 26, 2015
Pros: You don't have to work 7 days a week.
Cons: everything else
Pay based on sliding scale. Ridiculous daily QA. Too much mandatory off the clock requirements, like checking QA, reading emails, etc, which they say are included in figuring pay. My direct supervisor (TM) was wonderful, but up the scale they don't care about you at all. The QA is so bad, it makes you second-guess yourself, creating a viscous circle of getting bad scores because you aren't sure of yourself anymore.
Not a very professionally ran company
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), MarylandApril 26, 2015
Pros: Work from home
Cons: Work at least one weekend day every week.
This company is a nationally-based company that produces medical documents for many, many facilities in this country. They also send the work overseas. By sending their work overseas, this leaves not much work for those in the US to produce to make ends meet. The work of late has been plentiful; however, there is strong ESL dictators. The pay is also not the best for us in this profession. Many of us went to school to learn this trade, and in the beginning were able to make a very decent living, but today's standards ahave put a damper on that end of the profession.
Great experience
Merchant (Former Employee), Burgas, GAApril 25, 2015
Working in the Duty free shop at the Airport has taught me many skills which i consider essential for every employee.That includes the ability to work collaboratively in a group environment,introducing yourself to your new colleagues,spending time getting to know them and finding complementary skills that would definately improve your team work with them.I don't know about the most enjoyable part of the job,but my colleagues played a huge role in making this job an actual productive and fun workplace.
Front-End Developer (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 21, 2015
Pros: New office space!
Cons: Contractors are rarely hired as permanent full-time employees.
As a front-end developer at Nuance, I was able to work on a variety of projects from managing daily tickets to building the new look and feel for nuance.com to editing wordpress sites. The co-workers are great. The atmosphere is fun and professional. A great place to work.
Good company for beginning transcriptionists
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Burlington, MAApril 16, 2015
Really good company to work for if you are a medical transcriptionist. My Transcription Service Manager is one of the best I've worked with. I just need a career change. The hardest part of the job is being paid by the line, not hourly, and being expected to maintain a continuous 99.6% accuracy with some of the dictators. Honestly? Some of the American dictators are worse than the English as Second Language dictators!
Overall this is a great company to work for
Senior Application Consultant / Product Specialist (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLApril 8, 2015
Pros: benefits, pay, overall great environment
Cons: management, not a lot of advancement options
In general I have enjoyed my time with Nuance. The company as a whole takes pretty good care of their employees and are great to work for. The only issues I have is that it is very challenging to advance as the people that are here have been here for a long time and don't have plans of leaving.
great compnay
Sr. Application Consultant (Former Employee), Atlanta GeorgiaMarch 28, 2015
Pros: great work environment
Cons: too much travel without advanced notice
I enjoyed working at Nuance. Management allowed us to work independently. The positio I worked in was truly a consultant position where you ran the entire show while at the customers site. Nuance has a very strong brand and we always met customers expectations.
Live Nuance, breathe Nuance, eat Nuance, sleep Nuance and repeat
Client Development Executive (Former Employee), Burlington, MAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: People
Cons: No concept of what a work day means.
Great company to work for with exciting technology and good people. The corporate culture is not desirable. In order to advance you must forgo any activities out side of Nuance. Work/Life does not exist with Nuance.
Low pay, low moralen
Home-based medical transcriptionist (Current Employee), Camp Hill, PAMarch 23, 2015
Pros: working from home.
Cons: low morale
Pay scale was cut just recently after the buy out of Probity almost a year. Penalized monetarily for big and small errors, Post audit reports, and for the percentage of jobs being sent to QC.
Great experience and exposed to new technology
Sr Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee), Jersey City, NJMarch 16, 2015
. Maintain test environments - deploy builds and perform BVT / smoke test pass
. Review specifications and requirements
. Document Test plan and Test cases
. Review testing documents with peers and technical team
. Run functional automation test cases using selenium tool
. Create test data using SQL server
Good place to start-off
Manual Quality Assurance Tester (Current Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 11, 2015
Good company to start-off your career with. Company culture depends on each location, but the location I worked in was great. While there is a lot one can learn at this company, there isn't much room for growth.
Growing and Fast Paced Environment
Associate Regional Sales Manager (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 4, 2015
Nuance is constantly growing and changing. I work on the field and the stress can be high with learning the new processes and still having to hit your numbers. However, management is very understanding and helpful.
Employees are fantastic however management is terrible
Manager (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: free popcorn
Cons: upper management changes frequently, no direction, poor benefits
Management treats employees as if they are all independent contractors. No room for growth as it is run like a small family business.
No company strategy
VICE PRESIDENT – IT (Current Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 26, 2015
No company strategy. Only concern is cutting costs and managing quarter to quarter. Employees are not empowered to accomplish anything. Micromanaged from the very top levels.
Speech Technology leader
Sales Executive (Former Employee), Richmond, VAFebruary 22, 2015
Pros: industry recognition
Cons: cost of solutions difficult in small to mid market enterprise space
Impressive portfolio and Professional Services expertise is the most experienced in the industry. Their ability to deliver and expand Omni-Channel solutions is a clear differentiator.
The relastionship with employee could be improved
Burlington, Ma US- Language specialist (Current Employee), HomeFebruary 21, 2015
Pros: working from home is great !
Cons: at the same time i miss the touch with people and this is very important to me.
When you work from home, being a woman and at my age, is something great. After 5 years now of that and after a life working among people, the feeling of being out becomes very strong. I am grateful for being part of this important company, but the relationship between the management and employees is very "cold" , impersonal and sometimes frustrating. Every once in while and for periods of 1-2 months, there is no work and this without any announcement . And I dislike this aspect. The good and enjoyable part is that, working from home , I have been free to go to Italy visiting my mom.
NA
Corrections Team Lead/Customer Service (Former Employee), Burlington, MAFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: everything
When our company was bought out by Nuance originally, they made the package look very appealing and made you feel secure. Then, the glamour wore off and the real company culture appeared. Their idea of laying off a person is to give them 10 minutes notes after sending a seemingly innocent meeting invite. Don't put your work life into this company, as it will not last.
I was very productive while working with company. I earned good working as an independent vendor working from home.
Medical Transcriptionist II (Former Employee), MAFebruary 8, 2015
I worked from home for this company. Management is very good. No stress. Nice environment. Lot of growth. Coworkers were very cooperative. Hardest part of the job when there was some emergency and had to work at midnight, but it was compensated nicely. I enjoyed working with this company.

1 2 3 4 5

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more

Nuance Salaries