Nuance Employee Reviews in United States

It's an overall great place to work.
Billing Specialist - Accounts Receivable (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2016
I worked for this company for about four years. Great place to work. I would like to see more management skill training. Overall I enjoyed working for this company.
Pros
Snacks and drinks
Cons
Departments that don't work as one.
I elected not to continue traveling.
Senior Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CAJuly 7, 2016
Looking for employment in the Hemet area where I am retiring, and wish to be a part of the local economy. After 19 years, I felt ready to look for new opportunities locally and perhaps in a different field.
Medical transcription
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  North Port, FLJuly 6, 2016
I work in the transcription division. We provide accurate and timely transcription to our customers. We do both transcription, as well as speech recognition
Good company with excellent pay.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJune 28, 2016
Nuance pays employees well and benefits are good. Must be able to work well without supervision as most positions are remote. Some division in the company lack in documentation, so remote employees must be able to take the initiate to find answers themselves.
Typical Corp America
Billing Specialist and Analyst (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 22, 2016
I worked with Nuance after a series of company acquisitions. I enjoyed the analytical work for the customers which we felt an optimal service at DTS America and Transcend. Nuance developed speech recognition software then began a division specializing in medical transcription speech recognition and started acquiring medical transcription companies. However, medical transcription is still too labor intensive for what is primarily and IT company, so they began offshoring the division to India. Customer service is not high priority at Nuance, so their was no desire to provide optimal customer service.
Pros
worked from home
Cons
Always working for the shareholder before the customer.
Productive work environment
Human Resources Services Administrator (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 13, 2016
I was able to obtain skills such as organization, hospitality, and better communication skills.
My co workers provided a fun, educational work place.
Hardest part about the job was having remote supervisors.
Terrible
MLS (Former Employee) –  HOMEMay 24, 2016
This is, by far, the worst transcription company on the planet. They engage in unscrupulous practices and have created a sweatshop mentality among their MLS...the ones who line the pockets of the "fat cats" at the top. The plan all along was to displace American workers and to shift all the REASONABLE work to India, the country and culture that has cut the financial throat of the American transcriptionist. In the brief period of time that I endured my employment with NUISANCE, I was switched to 4 different positions within the company. My lph was cut but a stupid pay grid designed to do just that. Their QA department is a joke. The TSMs are overpaid and underwhelming on the grander scale from an intelligent response level. STAY AWAY.
Pros
NONE
Cons
Too many to mention
Nice place to work just not enough Money
Medical Editor (Current Employee) –  HomeMay 22, 2016
I like working for Nuance. I am just not making enough money with this company. When I first started with Transcend which was merged with Nuance I made much more money
Overall okay, some layoff happening
Senor SDET (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 4, 2016
Generally not too bad. Supportive culture, usually new project to start on so that your not too bored. Meeting have taken away too much time in the past.
Wonderful Experience, Fantastic CoWorkers/Team
Learning and Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  OnlineApril 20, 2016
Multiple software platforms/programs implemented to create and train new hires for a seamless transfer from prior employment to Nuance NTS via WebEx instruction, noting strengths/weaknesses as part of learning and development. Creating and presenting online PowerPoints to groups, evaluating skills, determining needs in order to enable NTS employees to perform confidently, accurately, and maximally for Nuance using proprietary software. The hardest part was leaving Nuance due to RIF. The most enjoyable part was interfacing with team members, new hires, interviewing, presenting continuing education, encouraging, reporting, creating curriculum materials using learning management system for approximately 7000 employees in NTS.
Productive workplace with great co-workers
Application Developer Intern (Former Employee) –  Mahwah, NJApril 2, 2016
Everyone I meet or worked with was vary kind. Workday started between 8 to 9:30 am and leave about 8 hours later, take a lunch break around noon. My mentor was great, he was very helpful. The first few weeks he would have me show him the completed task to make sure it was done correctly, but after about a month i would tell him i completed it and he would give me the next assignment. The hardest part of the job was transitioning to a school setting to a work environment. In school the professor would give an assignment and you would receive a grade. At work you are given an assignment and when it is submitted your grade is the feedback of your co-workers or the client. If the feedback is not what you were expecting you go back and fix it. For school you would move onto the next assignment. The most enjoyable part of the job was going into work and having what i create being used rather than handing in an assignment and forgetting about. If you need help with an assignment there are many people there to help you out.
Pros
great co-workers
Cons
business casual dress code for coding makes an uncomfortable 8 hours
Freedom with a twist
Southern US Regional Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, KYMarch 10, 2016
This is an excellent company to work for. Most of the positions are remote, and you have the freedom to work and set your schedule. I worked a position that was intensive in travel, and enjoyed flying around meeting new people.
Great company
Applications Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Worked out of home office and traveledMarch 9, 2016
Wonderful experience gained from my employment with Nuance. Left consulting job to take-on full employment at Nuance.

Great people to work with.
I work remotely from home and have little contact with other employees, all contact is done through email.
Medical Language Specialist/Editor (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAFebruary 27, 2016
I work remotely from home on the afternoon shift. I work on production and have some benefits. There are multiple layers of management which can at times be frustrating. All interaction is done through email with some phone contact. Coworkers try to stay in touch by instant messaging.
Good work place, poor compensation
Associate, Order Management (Current Employee) –  FloridaFebruary 24, 2016
Compensation is the poor point for this Company. They have a very good product and market share, but the chances of promotion are not common
Required Travel
Senior Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CAFebruary 23, 2016
Been in health care 32 years and looking to change. But am open to any opportunity, as long as I do not have to travel,Very fair compensation and cutting edge of technology.
Sr, Linux Admin
Senior Linux Administrator (U.S.A) (Current Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 25, 2016
Managing wiki, Jira and SVN application servers and Maintaining Cfengine server and LDAP servers.
Managing 60 Physical servers and 110 Virtual servers.
Sweatshop
Medical Transcriptionist/Editor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJanuary 13, 2016
Pay has steadily decreased while demanding more work, a pay grid that is harsh, health benefits catastrophic only. Running out of work has become the norm. Penalized as a cut in pay for any errors no matter how small. No one has "your back". Expected to learn multiple accounts all with different specifics. Penalized for questioning a dictation by leaving a blank. Basically a new age sweat shop.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Just about everything else. Would not recommend to anyone.
Lack of training and online support6
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MAJanuary 13, 2016
Was more like doing piece work, I would log on to computer and receive dictations, complete, submit and go on to the next.

Very little management involvement.

Very little contact with co-workers.

Hardest part of the job was not having any support to help with problem areas of dictation. There was very little help when you were switched from one state to another in finding physician's names, addresses, etc., and not enough time to find all the information without taking away a "Line Count."
Pros
working from home
Cons
Piece work, lack of communication, all about "Line Count"
Unorganized
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Burlington, MADecember 16, 2015
Out off work often. Moved from facility to facility and constant platform changes. As soon as you started to feel confident or get settled they would move you again.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
Management doesn't appreciate dedication, all about numbers with them.

2.9