Nuance

Nuance Employer Reviews

Solitary work place.
Medical Language Specialist (Current Employee), Burlington, MAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: always going to be a need for voice document editors
Cons: short breaks, demand for perfection seems constant
My typical day at work involves editing voice recognized documents by listening to digital recordings. The more lines produced, completed or edited, the better the salary. Accuracy is definitely important, but the need to get it done faster and faster can be frustrating. Typically only hear from supervisors through mass e-mails. Since most of the co-workers and supervisors are spread across the country, and possibly around the world, there is not a lot of interaction between us.

The hardest parts of the job is the pressure from the company to have 100% accurate documents and from myself to stay focused.

The most enjoyable parts of the job is the ability to work from home and the bloopers that voice recognition provides to be corrected.
A great place to advance; however, the quuality was hard to obtain
Medical Language Specialist (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 31, 2014
Pros: the technical support was excellent)
Cons: pay was low, and i fel that i was someone alone which never falter my work; however, i felt sometimes i needed a little bit more guidance that what was recieved.
I was able to choose my own schedule which I liked very much. There are rotating weekends,but the week before and week after that scheduled weekend you get your choice of a day of. I fel that communication could definitely have been better. This is a quite huge company and the QA department is also quite large. I felt left out in the cold quite a bit when I needed a question answere ASaP as we communicated through E-mail for the most part. I was not satisfied with the kind of communication I was dealing with and sometimes that can most definitely harm your line count especially if the physician dictating tends to have very misplaced (grammar/wise) dictation. I fell the hardest part of the job was trying to find answers and having to wait 1 to 2 days sometimes to go on and that directly after training. The most enjoyable part of this job was I suppose having the priviledge to finish you work from hom.
Great Company
UCLA Olive View Hospital-Full time (Former Employee), Sylmar CaDecember 29, 2014
Pros: stocks
Cons: job security
Awesome company that I was able to learn a lot from. Treated me as well as all employees with the utmost respect and dignity.
Great company to start your career off
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILDecember 28, 2014
Pros: job culture
Cons: no sense of job advancement & compensation/ benefits
A great company for a new college graduate to start his/ her career off with. Each individuals experience will be highly based on the team he/she works with. Management provides support and encouragement in order for one to grow into their role. At the management level, the work is quiet routine and there doesn't seem to be much change from day to day. If routine is something you are looking for then this a great position for you. The hardest part of the job would be breaking away from the everyday routine and finding new projects to undertake. The most enjoyable aspect would be interacting with your coworkers, who seem to care about one another very much. While Nuance provides a great working environment it does not provide an opportunity for job advancement. At an Assistant Manager level there isn't another level of position one can aim for.
I was courted by this company to do a start up in the down economy of 2008.
Office/Compliance Manager (Former Employee), Tualatin, ORDecember 26, 2014
Pros: i enjoy compliance and setting up processes. i am very good at start-up companies.
Cons: i did not enjoy working in the semiconductor business, although his company is very profitable, in the millions of dollars after five years.
O ffice/Compliance Manager
• Administered and developed Salesforce.com for marketing/sales
• Secured R rating for high pressure gas cylinders
• Worked with vendors in supply chain management
• Prepared correspondence and marketing fliers
• AP/AR in QuickBooks
• Screened and responded to incoming calls and correspondence
• Professionally met and greeted office visitors, clients, and sales people
• Ordered and maintained office supplies
• Helped schedule and organize various meetings and events
• Assisted with travel and arrangements
• Provided support to Marketing Department through research, data collections, and assistance with proposal preparation through salesforce.com
• Maintained and managed various office vendor relationships
• Developed working knowledge of company’s business and processes in order to help with various administrative tasks
Sweat shop
MLS (Current Employee), massacheusettesDecember 23, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: new compensation plan, using pto for oow situations, no anonymity with qa
They promise great benefits and they provide great health insurance that is true! But I have to use my PTO to cover out of work times, therefore, for 2014 I have not been able to accrue enough PTO to take even a couple of days in a row off because I have to use it for OOW. I requested to take time off without pay because I ran out of PTO time and am not allowed to do that.

The new compensation plan is wolf in sheeps clothing. They claim it is better but you have to work twice as hard to make the same amount of pay as before.

They claim their QA department is not biased but if one of the QA people does not like you they will find every little error they can to knock down your compensation, as well.
Fantastic company to work for; perfect example of teamwork
Applications Consultant - Healthcare (Former Employee), Burlington, MADecember 12, 2014
Pros: free lunches
Cons: software does not always behave as expected
A typical day at work consisted of working with hospital staff, and meeting their training expectations. I learned the in's and out's of the speech recognition software I trained the radiologists'. I also learned time management by getting reports completed during the week and having free time on the weekend. Management and co-workers were all very supportive we were all one big team. It was not a hard job to do, it was very enjoyable to travel to a different state weekly and meet new people.
It's a livelihood
Medical Transcriptionist Quality Control (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 27, 2014
Pros: good coworkers
Cons: always running out of work.
I have very good coworkers, very helpful and patient. Management is also adequate. I have 11 accounts and unfortunately, am always running out of work. I can only take so many vacation days or flex my schedule. It is frustrating to be sitting here with little to no work.
Fast paced, productive company with opportunities to learn.
Global Systems Analyst (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: pro-active management. morale luncheons, free soda, etc. cafeteria onsite.
Cons: often times even with the manpower available it was difficult to accomplish, everything in one day but this is what i like about a company. many things to do and learn.
Fast paced, productive company with opportunities to learn. Supported over 12,000 customers all over the world owned by Nuance.
Very casual environment, fun, young energetic company
Global Credit Analyst (Current Employee), Burlington, MANovember 6, 2014
Pros: good compensation, co-workers become your friends, health care benefits are great, generous bonuses
Cons: low room for advancement.
A very good company. Its success and growth have been increasing. Great product and services offerings, strong name recognition.

Casual, innovative and modern - very little micro managing.

Great place to work as well as great time with co-workers. Has a phenomenal company culture centered around a work hard-play hard environment.
Not bad to work at
Medical Language Specialist, US Region (Current Employee), Boston, MANovember 2, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: compensation per production
Manager is great and easy to talk to.
Hardest part of the job when you run out of work to do. Compensation is based on production and not per hour.
Excellent cash handling
Sales associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLSeptember 26, 2014
providing excellent customer services to passanger.
Completing sales and transation at the cash wraps as well as handle customer issues. Balance cashier drawer daily and make deposit.
Production job
Master Medical Editor (Current Employee), United StatesSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: na
Cons: na
Have been a transcriptionist for over 25 years and learn something new everyday.
Not Enough Hours in the Day
Principal Business Analyst (Current Employee), Sunnyvale, CASeptember 17, 2014
While the work is enjoyable and interesting, work life balance is next to impossible. However, I have the fortune to work with some amazing, brilliant, creative, wonderful people that I have learned a great deal from.
High pressure sales environment
Healthcare Account Executive (Former Employee), Burlington, MASeptember 9, 2014
Pros: you can make money here
Cons: they expect you to work 7 days a week
Even when you are over quota, management treats sales executives very unprofessionally and threaten your position constantly. Old school management tactics. 7 day a week job.
Pretty relaxed, somewhat chaotic
Systems Administrator (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLSeptember 8, 2014
Pretty good overall, good co-workers, systems kind of in a chaotic state.
Review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 26, 2014
Pros: making customers happy by helping
Cons: grouchy customers
Learned Accounts Payable and service billing.

Typical day was billing for service rendered for handheld Dictaphone/Ricoh products.

Management was great to us. We were rewarded with raises and bonuses.

Hardest part of the job of course was grouchy customers.

Most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and hear them smile.
Fun Place to work for
Accounts Receivable Specialists (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 24, 2014
Pros: great staff
Cons: n/a
Awesome Management Team!! Open door policy.. Great Place to work
Long Hours,
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 20, 2014
Not a lot of morale with the employees
Management was hands off
Ping Pong
Application Consultant (Current Employee), Melbourne, FLAugust 16, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: to much donated time
Be ready to donate alot of your free time to them to do your expense reports, meetings after hours.

Management are micromanagers

1 2 3 4

About Nuance

Nuance Communications, Inc. is the leading provider of voice and language solutions for businesses and consumers around the world. – Read more