Nuclear Care Partners Employee Reviews

Cna
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Westminster, CODecember 16, 2017
Beware CNA's ! They make you give up your patients and hours to the new hires. You build up a schedule & certain hours only for the bad managers to pull it from you as they please. They treat CNA's like second class. RN's can take hours from you and mess up your schedule. I found a better job !
Pros
Great patients.
Cons
Nurses & Managers
Beware of management, no pto or sick time available for cna staff
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Delta, CONovember 3, 2017
Beware of management, if an issue is said they don't properly investigate and talk to all the people they just automatically believe, poor direction/training, great patients to care for and great family as well, no pto or sick time available for cna staff, poor communication from management, if you ask for help from management not likely you'll get help
Pros
Great patients
Cons
Management not team unit with field staff, no pto or sick time available for cna staff, hard to get help from management, poor communication from management staff
Overall a good company
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDOctober 25, 2017
Overall, NCP is a good company, at least corporate. Locally, they need a lot of work when it comes to their management but I love every one of my patients!
friendly work environment
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDSeptember 12, 2017
A very good place to work. The staff were very accommodating to family life for there employees as well as their residents. They are a HHS for residents in their home that worked for the INL. It is a 24hr service with 12 hour shifts.
Pros
Good working environment
Cons
No benefits.
Amazing work place.
Marketer (Current Employee) –  ColoradoJune 15, 2017
I feel in love with Nuclear care partners when I came into interview and they toured me around the office, every associate came out of their office and shook my hand. Great people all around that are in the business for the right reasons. True passion and integrity from the top down. Just overall blessed to work with such an honest company.
Wonderful organization
Finance Department (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 15, 2017
NCP is a patient and employee centered organization. Their commitment to their Mission statement, Vision statement, and Values show through when it comes to the company culture that is created from their leaders.

It is a very fast growing company, but has allowed many advancement opportunities for employees, as many opportunities for advancement of employees have presented themselves.

A great organization for your career.
Great Culture
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COMay 22, 2017
I can't imagine working anywhere else or sending my friends and/or family anywhere else. From the clinical staff to the employees behind the computer you will not find a more passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable, professional company. I have only been here for approx. 6 months and NCP has already supported and encouraged me to grow. I am so grateful NCP values the professional development of their employees.
Creating your own schedule, working with great people
Registered Nurse Hospice (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJuly 3, 2016
A typical day at work was making my own schedule. Seeing residents from admit to death. Loving the residents as a family member
Pros
Residents and their familys.. The autonomy. Trust of my ethics.
Cons
Excellent team work and care provided.
RN (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 21, 2016
Great place to work if you don't need to have consistent hours. No benefits for field staff and no guarantee of hours. The company has great team work and support.
Pros
Team work, support
Cons
Training and orientation, no consistent schedule or hours
Amazing young company with huge future potential. I cant say enough good things about the management.
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDDecember 23, 2015
NCP is a very specialized type of home care for Department of Energy workers who have been exposed to toxic substances, radiation, or asbestos in their work environments and have become chronically ill as a result of their exposure. As a nurse with 25 years of health care experience, I can truly say this is the most amazing company I have ever worked for.
Pros
Team environment and great support from management
Cons
Fast growing co. with many ongoing changes, a lot of specifics about DOL regulations to learn.
Exceptional team
RN (Current Employee) –  Riverton, WYDecember 18, 2015
NCP provides an exceptional team to work with while providing individual home health care our patients that worked in the radiation industry without knowledge of risk to their health. NCP provided educational opportunities for all staff to provide top notch care to each patient per their DOL approved diagnosis.

Resources are available to meet specifics for DOL specific systems approved diagnosis, however, this also makes it difficult for nurses to treat the 'whole' person.
Pros
Exceptional team, autonomy
Cons
DOL specific charting
Great company!
RN (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 18, 2015
I have been a nurse over ten years and I highly recommend working for this company if you would like a change. They welcome you with open arms and provide you with any support you need. You always feel like you are part of a team. They really make you feel like you are part of a movement and making a difference in the community. Growth is supported in this company as well.
Great Company with lots of room to advance!
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Front RangeDecember 17, 2015
Autonomy is huge for RN's in this company, you manage your own schedule but have tons of management support in everything you do. There are lots of opportunities to advance in the company. NCP put's its Patients first which is always a good thing in home health. They respect their nurses and want them to succeed. It is an honor to be able to care for Patients that were so dedicated to cold war efforts and to be able to assist them and support them in their own home is quite an extraordinary thing!
Pros
Autonomy, Support from Management
Cons
This is a driving/travel position so if you don't like to drive it would not be the job for you!
Outstanding People, Patients and Culture
Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CADecember 14, 2015
Not your typical Home Health company. Nuclear Care Partners cares exclusively for former Department of Energy workers who have become ill due to their work in the nation's Atomic Labs, Coal Mines and Uranium Mines.

NCP was founded by two RNs who are passionate about caring for the individuals we serve. They have created a culture of care that is unparalleled in the industry and they will often roll up their own sleeves to pitch in when assistance is needed.

Coworkers are the best -- they collectively have a can-do attitude and are willing to go the extra mile for patients and employees alike.

Typical marketing day consists of making calls, holding outreach events and speaking with referral sources and potential patients. Much follow through is required to ensure patients have a valid Department of Labor Medical Card and NCP's billing department are all experts in processing those claims and keeping on top of requirements.

Most enjoyable part of the job, aside from the awesome coworkers, is speaking with the men and women who we serve and learning about their work experience during the Cold War. These folks literally ensured our country's freedom and it's an honor to serve them.
Pros
Coworkers, Patients, 5 free branded uniform items per year, bonus plan
Cons
Department of Labor is sometimes difficult to navigate
cna
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 2, 2015
very organized, good management, nice clients. good training, fun work place with supportive management. large company. full time hours not always available
Great place to work and an even more amazing team to work with!
HR Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 17, 2015
In working for a company founded by 2 dedicated Nurses and given the opportunity to find compassionate Nurses, CNA’s/HHA's and Case Managers, Nationwide, to work with our amazing patient base of Department of Energy/Atomic worker’s has been the most rewarding and enjoyable experience of my career. I am honored and so proud to be part of such an amazing team and organization. The executive team and management really do everything possible to take care of their employees and to remain 'patient centered'. The collaboration and effort set forth by corporate, by all of our offices Nationwide, and by all of our RN's, CNA's, HHA's and Case Manager's is remarkable.
Pros
patient centered, work life balance, collaboration, competitive pay
Cons
don't get to meet every employee
Responsible for revenue enhancement, sales growth, clinical outcomes and financial performance for a national provider of a specialty niched home care
Chief Operating Officer (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 21, 2014
provider of a specialty niched home care organization. Collaborative facilitation approach through strategic leadership
to develop, drive and promote patient centered care excellence and a high value health experience.
A very positive and supportive working environment
RN (Former Employee) –  Idaho Falls, IDJune 25, 2014
This isn't your typical home healthcare. NCP is funded by the Dept. of Labor which in turn changes the typical nursing model used by home health agencies. You have the ability to work individually and/or as part a care team for each client. The staff at NCP are very positive, supporting, and really treat each other as family. They are growing within the community through word of mouth about the excellent nursing care they provide.
Pros
Positive, supporting staff; flexible scheduling, higher hourly pay for the area
Cons
slightly longer documentation
Great Place to get started In nursing but not much advancement
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 20, 2013
This job is a great place to be if your at first part or end of your career. The company is small and is trying to expand but they have growing pains like all small companies trying to become larger. The support staff works well together but the management seems at time to be out of touch with the staff in the field.
Pros
Make your own schedules
Cons
Never really feel like your part of a team and your all alone

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Nuclear Care Partners. Our community is ready to answer.