NuRock Management

NuRock Management Employee Reviews

I have enjoyed working with NuRock
IT Head (Former Employee), ArizonaOctober 23, 2014
I have enjoyed working with NuRock for quite some time! Not only do they take care of you as an employee but help you and your family in times of need. As with any company you have your ups and downs! I must truly say I have had a lot more ups with NuRock then downs!
In my first week working for NuRock...
IT Clerk (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAOctober 16, 2014
Pros: great community of workers.
Cons: lots of great work to be done
In my first week working for NuRock, I felt completely calm in the office because everyone is very welcoming and outgoing! The first two and a half weeks were on the job training to get to know what’s expected of you working for NuRock. They throw so much information at you so fast that you either learn a lot very quickly or you figure out you don’t have what it takes to be a Leasing Agent at a NuRock Community. By the end of training I was exceptionally well prepared to start leasing apartments.
I worked for NuRock for 3 years
Leasing Agent (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GASeptember 19, 2014
Pros: a lot of room to excel and be as useful as you can be.
Cons: a lot of people to handle.
I worked for NuRock for 3 years. I started as a leasing agent and then after learning the ropes from the manager at my property and showed I could lease well I got offered a promotion to Leasing Manager. I jumped at the opportunity and started to train my leasing team to close at least 50% of our leads. After about 9 months on the job as a Leasing Manager we were doing so well that our property was on a waitlist I was asked to come eat lunch at the corporate offices and after eating Ms. Lively had me go into a meeting with her and the owners and I was offered the assistant manager’s job at my community, they also told me this was temporary so I could get to know the role of being a property manager because if I continue to do well at my new position they were thinking about me being the Property Manager. I had some family issues that required me to leave NuRock and move back to Connecticut to take care of my mother but I have still not found a job where I have had that much fun and learned so much. I would definitely recommend NuRock Companies to anyone looking for a great job in the real estate business with ample opportunity for promotion. They seem like they are always looking for people that are personable and ready to get the job done.
Exciting and loving company
Leasing manager (Current Employee), East point, GAAugust 25, 2014
Pros: community and staff
Cons: play ground, fax machine and computers
I have been with the company for 1 year now and I must say I love it! They gave me a chance because I was willing to learn and grow. I have had the pleasure to speak with nearly all of corporate and the owners and they are wonderful people! If you do your job correctly you will always have a job. I understand people are saying there's a high turn over rate, but that's due to people not doing their job and being dishonest. You have to understand you get yourself fired. I work in east point and the property is beautiful! I love my residents and they love me! My managers whether it's property manager, regional, corporate or even the owners takes really great care of their employees and they care a lot about their residents. Those that have negative comments are probably upset because they are no longer with the company and now they want to bring shame to the company. Where were your reviews when you worked for the company? I'm sure you were just as excited as I am right now, but now you are upset! Don't get upset because you took your job granted and got let go. I love NuRock Management! We are a family. We might be dysfunctional at times but we are a family! Our residents are our family! We take care of our own. I have the pleasure of speaking with residents that have lived in the same apartment for years and they are happy and love the community. We offer a free after school program and a free summer camp! If the owners or the managers didn't care then why would they offer these programs to there residents for free?! They care, we care and I am very grateful to be working with such a wonderful company!
Nice workplace
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Clarkston, GAAugust 22, 2014
Nice co-worker beautiful property
Close to home
Mentally Abusive working conditions
manager (Former Employee), east point gaDecember 3, 2013
Pros: quick hire in case you need a check fast. no brain needed
Cons: over workerd under paid. stressfull, liars, thieves
This was the worse move I made in 2013. Do not ignore the reviews they are the truth. This company will hire you quick sofif you need something fast then go for it. But the will fire you even faster. The whole place is a joke corporate is full of racists they could care less about their residents. They force you to lie so your morals go down the drain. They take all of the power from their property managers you are there just as a seat filler because every single decision has to be made by the owner's flunky. One person controls everything and if you are a young attractive woman she won't like you. Reputable vendors wont work with them so they use 1 person to paint all of their properties. Its horrible. Lastly you have to work 6 days a week so you have no family time your phone and email will not stop ringing
Slum Lords
Old Property Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAOctober 8, 2013
Stay away, these people are slum landlords and their only concerned with profit and not the residents or the workers. They don't even supply water and toilet tissue for their workers. I had to bring paper towels, soap and toilet tissue from my home to work. People are living in mold and carpet from the 1990's and they won't do anything to fix it. If you take a job with them it will be the biggest mistake of your life!!
A Joke of a Company
Manager (Former Employee), GeorgiaAugust 21, 2013
Pros: tenants
Cons: crooked company
A typical day at work is extremly chaotic!!! No professionalism and tenants are treated like garbage with no regard of human life. Owners are cowards and spineless sending everyone to handle their dirty work. Owners refuse to pay vendors but perfers low life in house people to paint and clean these roach infested and molded units. Upper Management have drinking and pill popping parties together where they laugh about who they will fire next. Don't waste your time with these under handed rats, you will surely regret it!!!! Oh yeah you will be promoted in a week this is only to get you to become salary than work you to death.....don't do it!!!
Sorry Company to work for
Regional Director of slums (Former Employee), AtlantaJuly 27, 2013
Pros: nothing at all
Cons: the entire company including the owners
This company is the WORST company anyone coule ever think of working for. The properties are in horrible condition (check google for more details). The owners take take take the rent money and put nothing back into the properties. They can not get any credit with any vendors becuase they owe everyone and their brothers. Having to pay to get carpets cleaned and maintenance supplies with petty cash,get real, what company does that? They expect you to work 6 days a week, and have no family life. Stay clear of this company unless you like punishment!
Long hours and no play
Nurock Management (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAJuly 11, 2013
Worked at various properties and also at corporate. Dealt with the state and I was a personal assistant to the vive president of compliance. I also did inspections, did physical and manual work to get ready for the DCA inspections. I learned to do files and to prepare for an inspection. Management was ok. My co-workers were good to me. The hardest part was the long hours cause it was salary. The most enjoyable part was making lifelong friends within the company.
Hard To Deal With
Leasing Manager / Marketing Director (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 29, 2013
NuRock and it's properties are not worth the time I spent there. Days were long, they asked a lot from you and gave nothing in return. They play favoritism and can not keep staff. They treat employers bad but I will say the underdogs (for the most part) stuck together. I loved helping people and the loved the residents. Can not stress that sentence enough. But the management company is not one I could ever work for again or would refer someone to.
Great Experience
Regional Manager/District Manager (Former Employee), Austin, TXOctober 17, 2012
I moved from San Antonio to Austin and had an immediate connection to the Leadership of Nurock and the onsite team. Nurock is a solid company and I had a positive experience.
Regional Manager Experiece
Regional Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 28, 2012
I loved my team and loved all of my properties but have a hard time when vendors do not get paid for their services.
fun place to work with the after school program
Leasing Consultant (Former Employee), Thornberry Apartments in Decatur GeorgiaAugust 20, 2012
typical day at work was exciting, learning the complex, making sure that the tenants and soon to be tenants were satified with there needs. what i learned, listen to the tenants, help solve the problems, are any situation their having concerning to the unit. make sure the tenants sign their leases on time, meaning sending letters out (from 30 to 90) days in advance.answering the phone in a professional matter. all tenants and becoming tenants information are kept confidental, and marketing and compliance also plays a major role. management and co-workers was good. hardest part was making sure that my tenants and becoming tenants was happy with the service of my work.most enjoyable part, watching the custmers leave satifed with a smile.