NURSECORE

NURSECORE Employee Reviews

Busy company
Cash Applications Specialist (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: flexibilty
Cons: none
this healthcare company has good coworkers and busy days. everyone enjoys their jobs. management is flexible with families. located in a central location.
Great Company
Client Service Specialist (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: the company treats there employees like family and problems for taking care of.
Cons: on call
I worked for Nurse Core in Colorado Springs for 5 yrs, then I worked for them in Texas doing on call. Loved the company. The hours where great. I would recommend this Company to any Nurse.
Lpn
LPN (Former Employee), Las VegasJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: work at your descretion
Operate within my scope of practice reporting adverse finding to a physician. Use critical thinking performed in emergency situations. Conduct training and education to those unfamiliar to medical equipment, resource and medication administration.
Available office staff
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 8, 2015
Pros: flexiable schedule
Cons: lack of consistant work
Enjoyed working with children and comfort parents felt when I was in their home.
Cases constantly changed and clients nursing hours were reduced due to medicade. Stability varied from 10 hours a week to 60 hours a week. The on-call staff often contacted me to fill in on open shifts.
Unprofessional
Homecare LPN (Former Employee), North FloridaDecember 11, 2014
Pros: flexible scheduling
Cons: unprofessional
Unprofessional, asks for staff to work outside standards of practice. Will promise hours and not schedule. Disorganized. Gossip. Poor communication. Office staff plays favorites. No sick time, no vacation time, no benefits. Very little support from DON (if there is one available at all).
Loved my pts. helping with stocks he looked at. Learned a lot.
cna (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXDecember 10, 2014
Pros: learning about stocks.
Cons: pt did not want to follow directions, which made it hard.
I enjoy working with people and taking care of them whenever they may need help. I enjoyed the people I worked with, however, there were not many I worked with due to the nature of my position. It is mostly a job you do by yourself. Traffic was very hard due to weather conditions and talking to staffing while driving. Most enjoyable is taking care of the clients .
Poor management
Home Health LPN (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVNovember 10, 2014
Pros: most clients were good.
Cons: poor management, poor communication
Sent to a violent patient with no warning or even a patient information sheet. Injured on site and treated poorly by management ever since. Resigned.
Nice for freedom of scheduling
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COOctober 6, 2014
Pros: freedom of schedule
Cons: no job security
This place is nice for when you want to make your own schedule. Of course, as with any per diem employment, there is no job security. It's usually either feast or famine. One week you are working non-stop and the next you are sitting at home staring at your phone waiting for them to call.
Very knowledgable core staff
Staffing Manager (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXAugust 28, 2014
Daily staffing for administartion and home health patients.
My job is very rewarding, I can make a difference in someones life.
Nursing Assistant Skills / Home Health Aide (Current Employee), St. Petersburg, FloAugust 14, 2014
I am giving an assigned client.
I get information on what the clients needs are , and follow instructions.
I go to their home or facility where they reside.
I get a report from previous aide, If I'm new I introduce myself to to client and ,follow through from there.
I make certain that they had dinner, reminder of medication. Do what they client wants to , whether its to watch tv or get ready for bed or brush their teeth. always take safety precautions , as for most of our clients are a fall risk.
The hardest part of the job is seeing our clients cry. The most enjoyable part of my job is to know that I can help them stop crying, and give them the independence that they have.
Accounting
Bookkeeper (Former Employee), Miami, FlJuly 24, 2014
•Processed Medicaid, Medicare, private and insurance billing
•Processed Accounts payable and payroll
•Oversaw departmental budgets for monthly expense
•Maintained daily census, cash deposit, trust funds, and bank runs
•Maintained resident information accurate in computer system
for census
•Responsible for weekly visit to Department of Children and family
to delivery (Medicaid Applications and follow up on cases)
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 23, 2014
loving working here great people. the hardest thing was just not knowing if you was going to get cancelled.
working homecare can be lonely
Pediatric Home care nurse (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 13, 2014
Pros: working at my clients home, having 1:1 interaction
Cons: family drama
My day consist of watching a little boy excel and surpass all the prognosis he was given. watching them learn to walk, play and share with them those joyous days. that's my reward
workplace
CNA/HHA (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJune 24, 2014
Pros: need supervisor
Nurse Core is good place if you need a something on the side but i wouldn't recommend working full time. They go through Nursing supervisor's and make sure you are on top of you money and make sure you have your time sheets filled out to get paid.
PRN agency
LPN (Current Employee), Denver, COJune 19, 2014
Office staff was good, but as with most PRN agencies stable work was hard to come by.
I was a travel nurse, I would float to different facilities that was short staffed.
Charge Nurse L.P.N (Former Employee), Sarasota, FLMay 22, 2014
Pros: next day pay, excellant facilities or home cases to send me to.
Cons: working in different places never at the same place and very slow out of season.
Every facility that I rotated to was very pleasant, friendly staff and management to help assist me on the floor. And my agency was always making sure If any changes was made to the schedule to notify their staff promptly.
Good supplemental employment
Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: daily pay and flexible scheduling
Cons: lack of work, office politics
Varied work assignments and shift options but unsteady work availability. Good for supplemental employment and for maintaining skills in specific areas(pediatrics, respiratory care, etc). I would recommend working for the company staying flexible and focused on the patients.
Have more then one job positions for emplyees
Home Health Aide/ Phlebotomist (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 16, 2013
This is a good company to work for. There is never a dull moment at any facility. I learn more and more every shift
Management organization was poor.
Trachostomy, Ventilator, IV infusion, PICC lines. (Former Employee), Ocala, FLNovember 30, 2013
Pros: easy way to suppliment income
Cons: poor oragnization
This was a greedy company as far as pay goes, but the patient advocacy was satisfactory.
Office staff not very friendly and can be very rude...not professional
Certified Nurses Aide/PCA/HHA (Former Employee), Albany, NYApril 9, 2013
Pros: lots of facilities to work at
Cons: staff very rude, cliquey, not very professional, no calls for cancelations
I worked for Nursecore for 3 years and although they always had time for me in the nursing homes, some of the places were not good places to go. When I had an issue at the facility, the office staff were not very helpful at all. I worked home care too and got screwed with a case where I got hurt eventhough I told the agency that the client was hard to lift and something had to be done. Nothing was done and I ended up quitting.
The office staff have their favorites, if your not one of them then you will not get as many hours or your the first one canceled. Cancelations happen quite a bit, which comes with working agency, but the staff wouldn't call you until an hour before the shift if at all. I can't tell you how many night shifts I showed up for and was told that I was canceled...not fun. I wouldn't recommend this agency purely on the fact that the office staff are the worst of the worst. If you can deal with constant rudeness and unprofessionalism then you might choose Nursecore.