NURSES UNLIMITED Employee Reviews

My workplace is at clients home so its very comfortable atmosphere
Home Health Aid (Current Employee) –  Buffalo, TXJune 21, 2016
a typical day at work is providing personal care to clients in need.
I help them with medications given by a physician and I maintain all records for the clients. Im like their very own assistant to help out with different tasks that they cant do for themselves. I enjoy helping people younThg and old. The
Very fun work enviroment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 14, 2016
Nurses Unlimited was an excellent place to work. Although we had a good time at work, we still got all our work done. The work hours were Monday-Thursday 7 am-5-pm and Friday 8 am- 12 p, which made it worth working long hours during the first half of the week. The management was incrediable. Very understanding of family. Co-workers were just as awesome. Very good group of people to work with.
keep me busy
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 10, 2016
was not enough pay for all they want you to do. Not the job for me. went to clients home and cooked and cleaned and ran errand for them. only got paid for 8.00 an hour and only work for 2 and 1/ hrs a day.
best when not supervised
CNA (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 10, 2016
I really enjoyed this job due to the fact that you don't have management looking over your shoulder. I didn't get to use the health insurance so I can't say much, but the management is very strict on timimg
Enjoyable love the clients i worked with
Home Health Aid (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXMarch 30, 2016
Doing home health was so great I loved all the clients I had they was so sweet and great to get along with, understanding and was willing to work with me on any and every situation I had
daily job with no benefits/advancements
Home Health Aide/ Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Florence, SCJune 25, 2012
I travel to clients home daily and assist them with personal care and provide companionship. I learned alot of sign language and how to deal with clients mental problem. Management is not understanding and i do not know any of my co-workers. The hardest part of my job is not getting any vacation or holiday time off. I also don't receive over time or holiday pay. I enjoy talking and getting to know my clients.
Pros
weekends off
Cons
no vacations or holidays, no benefits, no advancements
Working to enhance lives.
I assist provide compassion and companionship (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXAugust 14, 2014
My day is filled with assisting the elderly and disabled in meeting their daily needs from companionship to running errands for them. I am their to do for them what they cannot do for themselves. I have learned to have more patience, understanding, and compassion because when a person is ill, they may not be in the best mood. I do not interact with management very much because there is no need unless the client's needs seem to be changing, or if there is an issue. The hardest part of my job is not knowing if I will have a client from one day to the next because sometimes they leave this world. The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to laugh and smile with client's because even if they are not feeling well that day, it makes them feel better to laugh.
Pros
flexible
Cons
no benefits
Somethings are cool
Home health Aide (Current Employee) –  Abilene TxJune 18, 2015
Teaches you how to care for a patient when they live in their own environment as well as the effects the family member has on the patient. Learn the truth about what goes on in the patient home, and get to see both sides of the lives of the family members. Coworkers seem to not like the job and there is no career ladder, unless you become an RN. Employees that have worked there for years started at $7.83 and went to $8 an hour. Company expects you to bend any and every way for them and are upset if you can't drop everything and take a shift for someone. But I do get free meals which is beneficial if it is something that I will eat. Teaches you what it is like to be a homebound patient and have family so close in proximity. Should have training for proper lifting of patients as well as cleaning after BM's and changing adult diapers.
Pros
Free meals, one on one time with client
Cons
rude family members, rude coworkers
Self Managed
Sitter (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXFebruary 25, 2015
Care for your client.
How to care for your client.
Good management.
Nice co-workers
working nights and staying awake
making your client
Pros
self manage
Cons
no benefits
Great facility
Sitter / Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 16, 2015
The staff are so professional and great to work with. The nurses are so wonderful and helpful and supportive. I love working with the Clients.
Pros
Helping and caring for others
Cons
driving
Great company to work for.
Field Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to help and make a difference in people's life. Management was awesome and made it a great place to work on a daily basis.
tenants were very nice and helpful
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  killeen texasJuly 15, 2015
the tenants were very respectable and very outgoing they didn't give me a hard time at work and the told me everything that they needed help with such as bathing and doing laundry and giving them the specific medicine that they needed
Pros
break were upon self
Cons
didnt have reliable transportation at the time
a wonderful place to work
Caregiver/Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 14, 2015
This company was wonderful, The supervisors and owners worked close with you and helped in anyway they could, they believed in there staff, they treated you like one family.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
fun and welcoming enviroment
Caregiver (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 6, 2015
you get to learn so much history from your clients passed its a great experience
the managers are truly great people they take the time to listen and work around your schedule
the hardest thing is to not become attached to your clients
Pros
time off when needed
Cons
not much hours
Fun Work Place
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 7, 2015
Typical day at work was caring for my patient, Being a Aid, and loving and supportive. Very good company and employers. I learned how to care for my patient and become responsible. Most enjoyable part of my job was my patient was my grandmother so i got to spend time with her.
Taking care of the client
Provider (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 29, 2015
Taking care of the client cooking, cleaning, bathing, making sure they are well taken care of before they go to school and doctors appointments. do there laundry .
clients are very understnding
Personal Care Attendant (Current Employee) –  Alpine, TXMay 23, 2015
after I leave my first job I am expected to take care of an individual who is unable to care for himself which is really rewarding knowing that I am able to help and enjoying doing so at the end of the day I enjoy knowing that I was of service to someone who really needs me
Pros
nice environmen
Cons
no healthcare
Very Diverse,Traveling to/from
Personal Assistant/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXJuly 18, 2013
My typical day:
I would drive to location get out of my vehical shutting the drivers door behind me;then I would take a deep long breath because I know deep down what I was about to do in order to make this person feel better.To do this I had to focus on their needs.The most important thing was this; I learned sometimes you can't change the people or things that are in your life,however you can change the way you handle them.On the other hand,helping others how large or small it may be has always given me a sense of pride;I am the classic fixer that is in need of fixing.
Pros
free stuff, new topics of intrest
Cons
hrly. pay not good, getting attached to cleints
Great Learning Experience
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 10, 2015
Great learning experience for those who want to enter the nursing field. You will definitely learn how to deal with extreme needs of clients on a day to day basis.
Quite an experence
Warehouse man/Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Alpine, TXNovember 5, 2013
Delivered durable medical equipment to patients who needed them. I learned how to interact with people even when they're being difficult. Management had a few problems but nothing major.My coworkers did everything possible to help me with anything i needed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NURSES UNLIMITED. Our community is ready to answer.