Nurses To Go

Nurses To Go Employee Reviews

Great Local Team / Epic is 100% Profit Margin
Executive Director (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 3, 2015
Locally, Nurses To Go is a very compassionate and driven team. I enjoyed coming in on Mondays to a team that was ready to recap news from the weekend and strategize plans of how we were to succeed in the week. Engagement was through the roof. In such a fast paced industry it was relieving that all team members were ready and willing to pick up and help another team member at the drop of a hat. Great internal environment with excellent relations with patients and nurses.

From the corporate (Epic Health) standpoint, this company is a money and power hungry monster. The internal motto is growth at all costs whether that be stepping on internal employees, nurses, or patients and their families. Growth should be earned by providing an excellent trusting product or service and backing that product or service up with outstanding customer service. They have lost sight of that somewhere in their journey.
Pros
Great feeling of accomplishment when patients' needs are met.
Cons
Profit at all costs and is a direct reflection of the CEO and senior management.
ZERO disregard for employees and patients
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MissouriJune 26, 2015
"They wanted the case staffed, so now at least there's a warm body in the home." --Quote from a employee of many years. This seems to be the mindset of many Nurses To Go/Epic employees, some of the people they hire to take care of the special needs children and elderly clients that they service is absolutely disgusting. This company only cares about revenue, they could care less about the quality of care provided. They want to pay hard working aides and nurses the minimal amount while expecting them to work long hours, with no compensation for the many miles they travel to and from their clients homes and to the office to turn in paperwork and pick up supplies required for patient care. A common complaint from long time employees was that they've been promised a raise for over 8 years and have yet to see a penny. The reason that employees and clients stay with the company is the bond they have developed with one another. Unfortunately they are bound by the clause that has been carefully placed on the employee time sheet that both parties sign each week, threatening if they leave the company they will have to pay thousands of dollars for taking the company's employee/client to another agency. When the good employees do decide to move onto a job where they are respected and appreciated, they are many times replaced with one of those "warm bodies", so the clients are ultimately the ones who suffer. Management has no disregard for employee's personal lives and completely ignore requests/concerns¬† from the employees, whether it be regarding patient or employee safety, employee workload  more... or benefits/pay. If you're looking for a job with poor compensation and no raises, no paid time off, unprofessional office staff, lots of traveling in your personal vehicle without reimbursement and a company who doesn't drug test and hires nurses with criminal records because they've been given a "waiver" then this is the job for you.  less
Pros
Free snacks and soda in the office
Cons
Too many to list
Great company
hha (Former Employee) –  Festus, MOJune 25, 2015
I have worked for this company for a short time.
I love this company never had any problems in the past with them was always kind and understainding. and flexible.
Pros
great bosses and clients, flexabltiy
Cons
fuel reinbursment
Very bad place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 7, 2015
I would never refer this company to anyone. They do not know how to treat their employees plus the pay sucks. Apply at your own risk!
Very unprofessional in all aspects.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  MissouriMay 27, 2015
Depending on your job title, your typical day at work will vary. You will probably have to travel far to see your patient or patients, and no you will not get reimbursed for your mileage. If you love long road trips with the luxury of wearing down your personal vehicle, this job is for you. I learned that at this company you are not valued. You are a number, and not a human being. The main focus of this company is $$$. If you are compassionate and have a heart, listen to this warning.... RUN. Management is a joke, as I said they care about money, not the well being of their patients or employees. Co-workers were fine, minus the endless drama and bullying amongst one another. If you want to feel unappreciated and harassed then you've hit the jackpot with Nurses To Go (EPIC)- Check out Epic's reviews too, there right on point. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and their families with no backup from your employers. If you want to be challenged, you will be. As a new nurse they will throw you into situations you are not comfortable in, for example a new nurse being thrown into a trach/vent situation with little to no training (sounds safe, right?) The next point brings us to the most enjoyable part of the job. If you have a heart beat you will be hired. Pretty cool if your looking for a blow off job, because that's the mindset of 90% of nurses to go employees.
Pros
free soda and chips in the office
Cons
Nurses To Go was a great place to work at because of the type of services they provide to patients in need and also because they are 2nd family.
Staffing Coordinator/Intake (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 20, 2014
A typical day at Nurses To Go included answering phones as needed, handling the appropriate calls for my position both incoming and outgoing. I handled most intake calls. Once the referral was received, I would write the information on our specific referral form, then I entered the information into our database system. I also checked medicare and medicaid insurances as well as obtained auth/benefits from private insurances as well when needed. My coworkers were very friendly and assisted anyone that needed help. Management was understanding most of the time. They criticized us when needed. The most enjoyable part of my day was coming in to a job that I loved and working with people who had become my second family.
Pros
Busy, Steady, Understanding, Fun (when appropriate)
Cons
Sometimes more negative than positive
Teamwork for a goal of patient satisfaction was amazing
Billing/Account Receivables Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, MissouriOctober 5, 2013
It was wonderful to have the opportunity to work with an amazing group of hard working individuals that work great as a team. It was great to be able to multi-task. It was comforting to know when you entered the office in the morning that you had an idea of what your goals of what to get accomplished for the day were. (Although, at any moment they could change and may be post-poned) . It wonderful to know my manager trusted me enough to prioritize my own responsibilities.
Did not enjoy
Home Health Aide (Current Employee) –  Wentzville, MONovember 5, 2012
This was a very high maintenance job. It required a lot of traveling back and forth. The clients were sometimes not so nice. Couldn't be satisfied no matter what sometimes. It made for a very long day. The supervisors were not supportive and they were hard to get in touch with when needed.
Typical agency, good at first, recent scheduling problems
LPN (Current Employee) –  Union, MO (Satalite office) Job locations vary.October 18, 2012
Started out well with full time days & every other weekend. More recently, I have moved to different area and scheduling and distance to clients have become a problem.
Pros
healthcare available, vacation time, reasonable starting wage
Cons
no raises, scheduling problems
Has its ups, and downs.
Home Health Nurse (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2012
Pay rate doesnt improve with years on job. It's ok, you meet some interesting people along the way . If you love working with and helping children advance and get better then its where you want to be.
Pros
being able to help others feel better and watching them heal.
Cons
the pay rate for lpn s really needs to improve, some working conditions as well.

2.8