NursesRx Employee Reviews in United States

Nurses RX
travel RN Texas Health Resources (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Great travel opportunities. Recruiters work hard to secure a position according to skill set. Great Pay. Lots of opportunities.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a
At First was ok, they were nice while hiring me, was downhill from there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2015
Very unprofessional company to work for and the pay is one of the lowest I've ever seen?? Its no wonder they have a hard time retaining any nurses. I inly took the position due to some down time i had off in between jobs (thank God!) and left sooner than later because of how horrible management was. Not sure what they base their pay scale on , but its extremely low, im geussing they look to hire LPN's, but even if your an RN they offer you the same insulting pay. I would never recommend anyone to work here! They also continuously short you on your paycheck, on a regular basis. A HORRIBLE Place to work for!!
Pros
Cons
Management, waiting 2-3 weeks for pay corrections, pay is Extremely Bad!!very low pay
Recruiter is phenomonal, in the beginning....
travel rn (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 6, 2015
Had I written this review two months ago it would say something much different. I've done two travel assignments with this company and the first one was wonderful, my recruiter got me everything I needed and was always reachable and responded very quickly to my questions and needs. As soon as I arrived at my second contract and she knew I would not be doing another, communication with her slowed down. It now takes WEEKS of phone calls and emails (repeated phone calls and voicemail and emails) for her to return my calls and when she does return phone calls her tone is impatient and even seems annoyed. I very much feel like this company ONLY cares about their employees while you are bringing them money but as soon as they know you're not going to partake in another travel assignment you are completely unimportant to them. I will never use this company, nor will I recommend them to the travelers I see. I truly think that in this case, the recruiter is the biggest problem but I'm not willing to risk getting another recruiter like the one I have now.
Pros
pay
Fast Paced and Critical Care Experience
EMERGENCY ROOM RN, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO HOSPITAL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2015
Very fast paced ER. Critical care and trauma patients. Md's great to work with. Great experience for an Emergency room RN
Pros
Doctors and Nurse relationships
Cons
Short breaks, some hostile patients
13 week contract, nice facility
Travel RN staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2015
13 week contract travel nurse
12 hour night shift, 3 days week
New experience every day. Either labor or antepartum patients.
Learned new computer system.
Management in transition with a lot of confusion in the department.
Co-workers helpful, worked together.
Hardest part of job was learning the computer charting. Wasnt the best software but it was manageable.
Loved working with the patients.
Pros
Facility nice with big rooms and nice decor.
Cons
Management changes.
Not a compay I would recommend
RN (Current Employee) –  ColordoFebruary 21, 2015
response time is very slow. recruiter does not respond to emails or voicemails unless they are trying to get you on assignment. after that you are on your own.

My time card and pay check have had errors on them 17 out of 21 weeks that i have been working with them.
taking out my health benefits 2 and 3 times on one paycheck and not getting refund when stated I would

incorrectly docking money from me. and taking weeks to get it back to me.

called my recruiters boss after waiting almost 2 weeks for a response from my recruiter and she sounded inconvenienced to speak with me. she was kurt and I was quick to get off the phone.

I wish that I stared out my travel career on a better note.

So frustrated

but recruiter is polite to speak with and they have good job placements
Pros
good job listings
Cons
customer service, payroll and response time

Comment – December 31, 1969

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. NursesRx truly values our travelers and we strive to provide a positive and customer service-focused experience across every aspect of your assignment. In regards to payroll, we are taking steps to better support our travelers in getting their timecard submitted correctly on time. These improvements in our internal processes and additional staff trainings have begun immediately. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it and ensure future clinicians do not have similar issues. I hope you will please contact me directly at Kerry.Sirkka@americanmobile.com or 800-929-8538. –Kerry Sirkka, Division Vice Present, NursesRx

support
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Did not feel supported when contract was ended unjudicously
open
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2014
Traveling builds a well rounded nurse. Must be able to adapt quickly with only one twelve hour shadow shift.
Travel Nursing
Travel Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 9, 2014
great to see multiple environments and work with people from all over!
OK Travel Company
Travel Contract RN (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsMay 7, 2014
Compensation is just ok. My recruiter started out awesome and got me into some great facilities but, after a couple of contracts he flaked.

My last contract was awful. I wanted out so bad - I'm not a quitter so I thought maybe NursesRx would be able to resolve some of the major safety issues that I had with the facility but, nope.

Then the facility stopped processing my checks on time. That was fun trying to get paid. 10 weeks into a 13 week contract and all of a sudden there's an issue with paying me when I've been clocking in and out at the same clock the entire time - never floated to other units because this unit was so short staffed. NursesRx gave me the run around until I mentioned that I would file a complaint with the labor board…it was amazing how fast my pay was wired to me.

Just do your research. There are better companies to work for that will actually support their nurses.
Pros
license reimbursement, travel/living expenses paid
Cons
battle to get paid for the work that i did, company does not support their nurses when issues arise
Great Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 20, 2013
I enjoyed working in the healthcare industry, hiring nurses to work all over the nation. Great team concept. I loved working with nurses from all disciplines. It was unfortunate that they relocated to Florida. I was asked to re-locate, but I had just purchased my home in Charlotte.
Pros
great co-workers
Typical unit in hospital
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLAugust 4, 2013
Care for 6-7 patients each shift. Staff work well together,
Pros
good hours
Cons
too much focus on discharging patients per diagnosis
Productivity - bottom line
Data Imaging Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCAugust 15, 2012
Interesting work materials and processing; enjoyable working in 3 different data bases; highly enforced production requirement levels - no interaction with co-workers; unknowledgeable manager
Pros
fun incentives
Cons
job threats if low performance levels
Productive and Nice place to work
Executive Assistant to Vice President (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCAugust 2, 2012
Was a nice place to work and more of a family environment. I learned a lot because this was an area of expertise that I had no experience in. I learned a lot and the co-workers were excellent.

I enjoyed all of my experience and I think the best part was motivating the recruiters to go and get another nurse booking.
Pros
family oriented
Cons
great health care
Falsely Represented Company
RN (Former Employee) –  Vermont and TNJune 7, 2012
I would never recommend this company to any professional looking to travel. They falsely represented their benefits and placed me and my family in inappropriate housing. They made their decisions to benefit themselves and not for the safety or need of the professional.
not a very honest company
Traveling Nurse (Former Employee) –  san diego,caMarch 25, 2012
they are known to start new travelers . compensation is bad as well as pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NursesRx. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9