NursesRx Employee Reviews

Travel nursing is fun and makes you well rounded.
RN (Current Employee) –  AnywhereDecember 12, 2017
I am so glad I took a leap and did travel nursing. I wouldn’t change a thing. I like going to experience different hospitals. My recruiter is like family to me and we click very well. If I have any issues I call her at any time.
Pros
Per diems
Cons
No paid vacation but you make enough so that’s okay.
productive
RN (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 10, 2017
A typical day at work is very challenging a extremely busy ED more patients then most ED per nurse your patience and skills but if you like this kind of challenge then it's a good thing. The assignments and locations are great You get to work with many other travelers from around the country. You make good and lasting friendships where ever you go.
Pros
friendly managers
Cons
there arent any
Not a competetive travel company
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 3, 2017
Salary is not competitive to other travel companies and benefits are horrible. The payroll department is awful however customer service reps are great
Good company
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 31, 2017
Good company for travel nurses. Personable staff, very helpful. My questions were answered promptly and the recruiter kept me informed on everything pertaining to my assignment.
not supportive when problems arise
CCHT (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsOctober 20, 2017
Started travel assignments with this company in 2015 as a Certified Diaysis Technician my first two assignments were ok my recruiter, absolutely liked her approach and pr0fessionalism until she passed me over to a not very experienced person who don't know how to solve conflict, gets annoyed when you have genuine concerns about bad/poor assignments. Nursesrx reps focus seem to be only on maintaining and securing the contract, not the traveler and their concerns: when situations become uncomfortable the traveler is left to figure out things for themselves. Clinics NEEDS should be ascertained before asking Health care workers to sign contracts and dispatched to sights. It is not acceptable to travel as a part time or per diem worker, that we can do at home, I travel primarily to make money not for a vacation that's. The pay scale is not good but you try to go along and hope for improvement.
Pros
chance to see different places/people
Cons
Low pay scale, gets worse with each assignment
Great Company
Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCOctober 4, 2017
This is one of the largest travel nursing companies in the US. They are very corporate in structure. The recruiting side is very competitive and stressful.
Travel assignment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 27, 2017
Not as available as I'd hoped they'd be. The site for all of the necessary information is not at all user friendly. I had to contact my recruiter or the credentialing person frequently.
September 6, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are sorry you weren’t satisfied with the communication you received. Please contact me at Kerry.Sirkka@amnhealthcare.com or 800.929.8538 if you would like to work with a different recruiter or if you have any other issues or concerns. Thank you!

Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, Nursing Division

It's all a joke
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 1, 2017
These people, like in all the other reviews, seem to care. In the end they won't have your back and treat you horribly. Very disappointed in housing and the unsafe conditions put in. Very disappointed I was put in unsafe conditions with my license mostly. And they don't care as long as they are making $. They are a low paying company. Their insurance is expensive. Overall ver, very disappointed.
Pros
At first they care
Cons
Then they don't have your back. Pay is the worse. Supervisors talk down to you and don't listen.
July 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear your placement was disappointing and that you were not happy with your housing condition. If you wouldn’t mind, please share with me in details the issues you have experienced and we can find out if they’re addressable. I am available at Kerry.Sirkka@amnhealthcare.com or 800.929.8538 –Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, NursesRx

Great opportunity to see the country.
Travel RN (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 29, 2017
Recruiters were great. Listen and care about their employees. Fair with housing requests. Lots of great opportunities to travel the country while earning a paycheck.
Pros
Housing provided, travel reimbursement
Cons
May not always have your first choice of travel available.
July 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience with us! We are glad your experience working with our recruiters was great. We hope you continue to enjoy the traveling opportunities and grow your career with us! - Kerry Sirkka, Vice President, NursesRx

Great company
traveling agency nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntersville, NCJune 15, 2017
Took very good care of me while I traveled, and made sure I had everything I needed to be successful. I believe they are now part of American Mobile Healthcare.
June 20, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience of working at NursesRx- I am glad to hear you were happy with the support you were provided while on assignment.

–Kerry Sirkka, Vice Present Recruitment, NursesRx

travel nursing company
RN, Traveling nurse (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 16, 2016
I have worked for this company twice now, and they have taken good care of me. They advocate for their nurses and they provide safe and lovely accommodations.
very nice company
Corp. Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJune 17, 2016
Nurses Rx was the first travel agency I worked through. They were very considerate and my initial issues with housing was dealt with in hours. Instead of downplaying issue they worked with me and resolved it quickly.
Nurses RX
travel RN Texas Health Resources (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 26, 2016
Great travel opportunities. Recruiters work hard to secure a position according to skill set. Great Pay. Lots of opportunities.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
n/a
At First was ok, they were nice while hiring me, was downhill from there
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2015
Very unprofessional company to work for and the pay is one of the lowest I've ever seen?? Its no wonder they have a hard time retaining any nurses. I inly took the position due to some down time i had off in between jobs (thank God!) and left sooner than later because of how horrible management was. Not sure what they base their pay scale on , but its extremely low, im geussing they look to hire LPN's, but even if your an RN they offer you the same insulting pay. I would never recommend anyone to work here! They also continuously short you on your paycheck, on a regular basis. A HORRIBLE Place to work for!!
Pros
Cons
Management, waiting 2-3 weeks for pay corrections, pay is Extremely Bad!!very low pay
Recruiter is phenomonal, in the beginning....
travel rn (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 6, 2015
Had I written this review two months ago it would say something much different. I've done two travel assignments with this company and the first one was wonderful, my recruiter got me everything I needed and was always reachable and responded very quickly to my questions and needs. As soon as I arrived at my second contract and she knew I would not be doing another, communication with her slowed down. It now takes WEEKS of phone calls and emails (repeated phone calls and voicemail and emails) for her to return my calls and when she does return phone calls her tone is impatient and even seems annoyed. I very much feel like this company ONLY cares about their employees while you are bringing them money but as soon as they know you're not going to partake in another travel assignment you are completely unimportant to them. I will never use this company, nor will I recommend them to the travelers I see. I truly think that in this case, the recruiter is the biggest problem but I'm not willing to risk getting another recruiter like the one I have now.
Pros
pay
Fast Paced and Critical Care Experience
EMERGENCY ROOM RN, UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO HOSPITAL (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 6, 2015
Very fast paced ER. Critical care and trauma patients. Md's great to work with. Great experience for an Emergency room RN
Pros
Doctors and Nurse relationships
Cons
Short breaks, some hostile patients
13 week contract, nice facility
Travel RN staff (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAApril 3, 2015
13 week contract travel nurse
12 hour night shift, 3 days week
New experience every day. Either labor or antepartum patients.
Learned new computer system.
Management in transition with a lot of confusion in the department.
Co-workers helpful, worked together.
Hardest part of job was learning the computer charting. Wasnt the best software but it was manageable.
Loved working with the patients.
Pros
Facility nice with big rooms and nice decor.
Cons
Management changes.
Not a compay I would recommend
RN (Current Employee) –  ColordoFebruary 21, 2015
response time is very slow. recruiter does not respond to emails or voicemails unless they are trying to get you on assignment. after that you are on your own.

My time card and pay check have had errors on them 17 out of 21 weeks that i have been working with them.
taking out my health benefits 2 and 3 times on one paycheck and not getting refund when stated I would

incorrectly docking money from me. and taking weeks to get it back to me.

called my recruiters boss after waiting almost 2 weeks for a response from my recruiter and she sounded inconvenienced to speak with me. she was kurt and I was quick to get off the phone.

I wish that I stared out my travel career on a better note.

So frustrated

but recruiter is polite to speak with and they have good job placements
Pros
good job listings
Cons
customer service, payroll and response time
March 11, 2015

I am very sorry to hear about your experience. NursesRx truly values our travelers and we strive to provide a positive and customer service-focused experience across every aspect of your assignment. In regards to payroll, we are taking steps to better support our travelers in getting their timecard submitted correctly on time. These improvements in our internal processes and additional staff trainings have begun immediately. I would like to discuss your experience in more detail so that I can resolve it and ensure future clinicians do not have similar issues. I hope you will please contact me directly at Kerry.Sirkka@americanmobile.com or 800-929-8538. –Kerry Sirkka, Division Vice Present, NursesRx

support
Travel RN (Current Employee) –  Del Mar, CAJanuary 15, 2015
Did not feel supported when contract was ended unjudicously
open
Travel Nurse (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAOctober 4, 2014
Traveling builds a well rounded nurse. Must be able to adapt quickly with only one twelve hour shadow shift.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NursesRx. Our community is ready to answer.