Nusenda Credit Union Employee Reviews

Love working here
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMAugust 20, 2017
Working here is great and the atmosphere is very fun. They have all holidays of, Monday thru Friday 9 to 5 shifts and Saturday 9 to 1. You have many opportunities for growth.
Good pay bad management
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM 87198August 16, 2017
Worst job experience I've ever had. They portray to be different than the 'big banks' but are in fact worse. I honestly believed in what I working for with the organization until conflict arises. Instead of addressing internal issues they terminate good, hard working employees. While the 'bad' seeds are getting promoted to upper management. If you are not an ideal part of management aka cut throats than you would not belong in this environment.
Teller
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJuly 10, 2017
Not the best or the worst company. I enjoyed my work at first until everything I did became a point of contention if not by my manager then by my co-workers. At first it seems like they care but soon the truth emerges that their "The Power of We" motto is just lip-service. Impolite, spoiled members too.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, unprofessional and rude co-workers
Work
Teller (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe, NMMay 22, 2017
I was able to work work with great people on a daily basis. I got to connect with the members and help them in an way I could. The team I worked with was very helpful if I ever got stuck on something.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Deal with some rude people
Amazing culture, jobs to fit everyone!
Internship- Card Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 21, 2017
Working with Nusenda gave me an insight to what a real career looks like, the wonderful people that work at Nusenda were always happy and excited to come to work.
Nusenda
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 12, 2017
Nusenda was a rewarding place to work at as far as my position as a financial consultant. I had the chance to work with some really great managers, all who have advanced to other places. Nusenda is a large organization so the culture changes from branch to branch, but overall the workplace was welcoming and promoted advancement for employees. I enjoyed working with members each day, creating relationships, and dealing with different situations all day.
Excellent place to work and grow`
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 26, 2017
This organization is huge on employee recognition and development. Leadership is supportive and encouraging. Their goal is to see members succeed financially.
Employee
Financial Consultant (Current Employee) –  ABQ, NMSeptember 12, 2016
Currently employed, very busy location there is not time for employee development or time to appreciate quality time with members, very busy location being utilized as a training branch.
opportunity to move up is very low.
Cons
Productive and fast paced learning environment
Lead Teller (Teller Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMay 6, 2016
Every day you must help the CU members with the transactions they need, while being able to benefit them with a product or service they could use. Since you need to be able to benefit them, you need to know the products themselves, which means you are constantly learning. If you are lucky enough to get a good team around you, they will have your back and will be willing to help you as if you are family. The managers will also be helpful, if you are lucky enough to be put at a slower branch, because they will focus on you moving up within the company. The hardest part would be trying to move up if you are unfortunate to get placed at a busier branch.
Pros
Full hour lunches and the flexibility to plan your vacations with PTO
Cons
Management can be hard to deal with if you are placed at a busier branch
Nusenda
Card Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 12, 2015
Being a nusenda Card service intern I didn't do the full amount of work as the rest of the card service employees but i did do a good amount. i would usually work on a computer and use a lot of excel documents. my supervisors were very kind and always had work for me to do. When i finished that work i would always go to them and they could help me do something new that i needed to do.
A discouraging employer
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Albuquerqur, NMJuly 9, 2015
Working for Nusenda Credit Union is not enjoyable. Employees are not happy to be there and the management is uneducated and poorly equipped to do their jobs. There is no support for employees and they are not valued.
Cons
bad insurance, low promotion opportunities
Succesful and exhilarating work environment
COMMERCIAL LOAN OFFICER (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 29, 2015
I have learned credit analysis, loan documentation preparation, Title, etc. I do not have underwriting support due to limited credit staff which enabled me to learn both the Credit Analyst position as well as the Commercial Loan Officer simultaneously. Nusenda CU had a local credit committee, enabling me to fund loans quickly and efficiently. I thoroughly enjoy the position as a Commercial Loan Officer as I am able to work with the "movers and shakers" in the industry and see the operations of all types of businesses. I primarily financed commercial real estate but have experience in C&I lending.
Pros
Efficient lending process and great team.
Cons
Compensation, incentive, and benefits are low throughout the company in comparison to the industry.
Great 1st job experience
Teller I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJune 25, 2015
I learned how to successfully handle and count money, the customers were always nice, co-workers and management were amazing.