NuSil Technology LLC Employee Reviews

Unfair,
Senior Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 20, 2017
Unfair disciplinary practices. Hand holding of certain employees. No communication between management. Work loads of productive employees is extended instead of dealing with less productive employees.
Cons
I enjoyed working there. Nice people.
Shipping Lead/Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 16, 2017
This was a job I thoroughly enjoyed getting up to work for. Made a lot of friends there to which I am still friends with even though I no longer there. Loved working as a shipper.
Pros
We had many potluck lunches. Holidays were always fun!
Culture change since merger.
Packaging Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAMay 10, 2017
NuSil use to be a great company to work for, but ever since the merger with Avatar the mood and moral are changing for the worse.

Management does not like to see change, and want to continue to do things the way they always have. Creative ideas are shot down, and not encouraged.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
No defined career ladders.
It was a great learning experience and developed friendships.
R&D Technical Administrator (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAApril 26, 2017
Review documents in Oracle Agile system, either approve or reject. Write/Revise MPs for R&D and Manufacturing Dept. Meet with R&D personnel to go over projects. Test products per customer specs. Learned how to work both individually or in a team environment. I enjoyed the people I worked with and my work hours.
Pros
Constantly learning new products, processes, and testing procedures.
Cons
Stressful job with low compensation
Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAMarch 21, 2017
Stressful job, not enough employees to complete tasks in manufacturing. Strong cost cutting culture with little investment to improve productivity. But fun people to work with and have created friendships with coworkers.
Pros
people
Cons
high stress
This is a great environment and and great people to work with.
R&D Laboratory Technician / Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 7, 2017
I recommend Nusil Technology for applying. You can learn a great amount of work if interested in this field of work. I really enjoyed employment here.
Run far and fast
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMarch 3, 2017
Bad company. Very low morale. They don't care about home life. OT is expected every weekend. Low pay, long hours. Lousy benefits.
Pros
Cons
Low pay, lousy benefits
Run, run far away from this company.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2016
No potential career advancement, lowest of the low in wages. This is the kind of place you would only work for as a last resort. The engineering department has a hard time keeping up with maintenance and hires clowns to do their work. They hired and fired temps constantly because they wore them out with pointless tasks that a janitor should be doing. Engineering department lacks a good leader, instead they have a dictator.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks including lunch
Dont work here unless you have no other choice
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJune 10, 2016
Most of the upper management yells throughout the day at various departments and employees. After spending some time here I amazed that people would want to stay.
Pros
Gain lots of experiance quickly
Cons
Horrible pay, Terrible Managment, Zero Training, No Upward Mobility
Compensation takes time
Senior Technical Silicone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 24, 2016
This is a tight family unless you come in at a executive level it is difficult to advance. Best way to be noticed is to ensure you report to a manager who recognizes you for your hard work and or work from corporate office if at all possible.
A growing company with many great potentials!
Administative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJanuary 21, 2016
My typical day at work is ensuring my internal customers meet his/her need. I enjoyed meeting and learning about my co-workers. The management is good but needs improvement. The hardest part of my job was when being assigned with different tasks and deadlines; this is when I continue to use my organizational skills to ensure projects are completed accurately in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is saying hi and serving my internal customers.
Pros
Growing company
Benefits
productive minimal supervision
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work consists of wieghing all of the raw ingredients. cheacking the system to make sure viscosity,plasticity,appearance and excursion rate meet the correct specification for the run.
A few things I learned were the importance of the catalyst and end blocker for polymer runs. Also the importance of deflagration in base runs.
Fast paced and progressive.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 23, 2015
At NuSil you are constantly being challenged. Everyday there is an opportunity to learn something new.

Many of the individuals that work a NuSil have been there quite a long time.

The culture is urgency and it seems to be a motivator to many that work there.
Pros
Constantly busy.
Cons
Constantly busy.
Great job for anyone that detailed oriented.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 20, 2015
This is a straight forward job, you get a run sheet, gather materials and blend then in high pressure vessels. I learned a lot of interesting ways the manufacturing industry helps other companies do what they do. Co-workers are essential to completing a run successfully. Errors are devastating to a run and could cost a company millions. So tenacity and attention to details is very important. This was one of my favorite jobs held.
Management is lost. Communication sucks. Blame game
Material handler (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldApril 20, 2015
I was a material handler and management is lost. Don't know how to handle pressure. Just locates material in a warehouse without locating it and has people try and locate it in circles and circles. Running a warehouse is not difficult! Everything has it's location. Oh and mandatory weekend work.
Pros
Workers, benefits
Cons
management, work schedule
A good place to work.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 25, 2014
I learned how to operate specialized machinery. My coworkers were very helpful. Completing the tasks at hand were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Quarterly compensation.
professional and interesting
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 4, 2013
a typical day would be running 2-3 vessels and producing silicone material for various industries. what I have learned most is about silicone technology and the complex chemistry behind it. I work with a bunch of great guys and management is easy to work with. what i like most about my job are the challenges of making new materials for our customers and what i like least is the down time when orders are not available.
Pros
we have great employee team building projects and functions
Cons
poor wages for the hazardous work
Horrible place to work for
sales associate (Former Employee) –  carpinteriaSeptember 8, 2013
This was the worst company that I have ever worked for and strongly discourage anyone working for them
Pros
no pros whatsoever
Cons
no cons whatsoever unless you are a big wig
Efficiency was first priority.
Office Assistant / Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 27, 2013
Nusil has a goal of efficiency and productivity. I learned that not specifically having a job to do doesn't mean that someone else in the office doesn't have projects. I love to keep busy so I was always between offices to help others with projects and tasks. Constant efforts were made to cut spending costs in this company. It was ever employees job to monitor what was happening in their specific job and note ways to save time and/or money.
Pros
Special projects that tested my critial/analitical abilities.
Cons
Cost cutting lead to lay offs including me.
A wonderful and great place to work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CADecember 30, 2012
Manufacturing company with a large accounting department.
Run by a great CFO.
Preparing financials overseeing AP and Paroll
Pros
great place to work with a great benefit package
Cons
too far to drive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NuSil Technology LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9