NuSil Technology LLC Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Run, run far away from this company.
Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJuly 8, 2016
No potential career advancement, lowest of the low in wages. This is the kind of place you would only work for as a last resort. The engineering department has a hard time keeping up with maintenance and hires clowns to do their work. They hired and fired temps constantly because they wore them out with pointless tasks that a janitor should be doing. Engineering department lacks a good leader, instead they have a dictator.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks including lunch
Dont work here unless you have no other choice
Technical Sales (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJune 10, 2016
Most of the upper management yells throughout the day at various departments and employees. After spending some time here I amazed that people would want to stay.
Pros
Gain lots of experiance quickly
Cons
Horrible pay, Terrible Managment, Zero Training, No Upward Mobility
Compensation takes time
Senior Technical Silicone Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 24, 2016
This is a tight family unless you come in at a executive level it is difficult to advance. Best way to be noticed is to ensure you report to a manager who recognizes you for your hard work and or work from corporate office if at all possible.
A growing company with many great potentials!
Administative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAJanuary 21, 2016
My typical day at work is ensuring my internal customers meet his/her need. I enjoyed meeting and learning about my co-workers. The management is good but needs improvement. The hardest part of my job was when being assigned with different tasks and deadlines; this is when I continue to use my organizational skills to ensure projects are completed accurately in a timely manner. The most enjoyable part of my job is saying hi and serving my internal customers.
Pros
Growing company
Benefits
productive minimal supervision
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 31, 2015
A typical day at work consists of wieghing all of the raw ingredients. cheacking the system to make sure viscosity,plasticity,appearance and excursion rate meet the correct specification for the run.
A few things I learned were the importance of the catalyst and end blocker for polymer runs. Also the importance of deflagration in base runs.
Fast paced and progressive.
Environmental Health and Safety Specialist (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 23, 2015
At NuSil you are constantly being challenged. Everyday there is an opportunity to learn something new.

Many of the individuals that work a NuSil have been there quite a long time.

The culture is urgency and it seems to be a motivator to many that work there.
Pros
Constantly busy.
Cons
Constantly busy.
Great job for anyone that detailed oriented.
Equipment Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAMay 20, 2015
This is a straight forward job, you get a run sheet, gather materials and blend then in high pressure vessels. I learned a lot of interesting ways the manufacturing industry helps other companies do what they do. Co-workers are essential to completing a run successfully. Errors are devastating to a run and could cost a company millions. So tenacity and attention to details is very important. This was one of my favorite jobs held.
Management is lost. Communication sucks. Blame game
Material handler (Former Employee) –  BakersfieldApril 20, 2015
I was a material handler and management is lost. Don't know how to handle pressure. Just locates material in a warehouse without locating it and has people try and locate it in circles and circles. Running a warehouse is not difficult! Everything has it's location. Oh and mandatory weekend work.
Pros
Workers, benefits
Cons
management, work schedule
A good place to work.
Manufacturing Operator (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAFebruary 25, 2014
I learned how to operate specialized machinery. My coworkers were very helpful. Completing the tasks at hand were the most enjoyable part of my job.
Pros
Quarterly compensation.
professional and interesting
Manufacturing Operator (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CANovember 4, 2013
a typical day would be running 2-3 vessels and producing silicone material for various industries. what I have learned most is about silicone technology and the complex chemistry behind it. I work with a bunch of great guys and management is easy to work with. what i like most about my job are the challenges of making new materials for our customers and what i like least is the down time when orders are not available.
Pros
we have great employee team building projects and functions
Cons
poor wages for the hazardous work
Horrible place to work for
sales associate (Former Employee) –  carpinteriaSeptember 8, 2013
This was the worst company that I have ever worked for and strongly discourage anyone working for them
Pros
no pros whatsoever
Cons
no cons whatsoever unless you are a big wig
Efficiency was first priority.
Office Assistant / Corporate Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 27, 2013
Nusil has a goal of efficiency and productivity. I learned that not specifically having a job to do doesn't mean that someone else in the office doesn't have projects. I love to keep busy so I was always between offices to help others with projects and tasks. Constant efforts were made to cut spending costs in this company. It was ever employees job to monitor what was happening in their specific job and note ways to save time and/or money.
Pros
Special projects that tested my critial/analitical abilities.
Cons
Cost cutting lead to lay offs including me.
A wonderful and great place to work
Controller (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CADecember 30, 2012
Manufacturing company with a large accounting department.
Run by a great CFO.
Preparing financials overseeing AP and Paroll
Pros
great place to work with a great benefit package
Cons
too far to drive
Productive and demanding at times
Manufacturing Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 6, 2012
Good management personnel with sincere care for employees
Fast-pace and the ability to take ownership of your department and inventory
Constantly supervised due to the safety procedure and requirements
Pros
constantly recognizing employees for job well done
Cons
better pay

2.6