NutriSystem Employee Reviews

Must work crazy hours to hit numbers or your out. Taking time off is risky during Jan to May
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 2, 2016
The benefits, work environment and building are above average for a call center.

A one an done sale is required to make your numbers. This is the new normal. The quality of customer interaction has been degraded.

Customer service, retention and counseling clean up any problems.
Pros
Good physical enviroment and benefits
Cons
High stress
Call center atmosphere
Weight Loss Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PADecember 3, 2015
I enjoy working for this company, when it is staffed properly with enough individuals in each department. There is a lot of turnover, though I have been here one month away from two years.
Pros
Flexibility, Benefits, Morale Events
Cons
Must Work a Saturday or Sunday, a lot of micromangement, turnover
Horrendeous place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Washington, PAJune 30, 2016
I worked for this company for just about 3 months and let me tell you-this company is the worst. They do not do 3 weeks of training they only do 2 weeks and expect you to learn it but it's really impossible. And the trainer is horrible.the person goes way too fast explaining the information and if you aren't comprehending the information-the person gets an attitude.

This company IS public transit accessible however management frowns upon it like you aren't a worthy employee and also public transportation is only available monday thru friday.

When you do get an escalated call, you are supposed to "talk them down" so of course being a new rep is stessful enough but dealing with that...good luck with that one 😃 and if you do have a question, they do have a team lead queue but don't even bother coz half the time they reps don't answer the line or if they do-they don't want to be bothered.

My advice-don't even bother applying-you will leave in a week.
Cons
Neptisim, bad employee morale
Great if your looking for something temporary
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 27, 2015
There is no work/life balance. The company operates only on business need and not the needs of the employees.The compensation is ok and the benefits are great, but it's not enough to put up with the unprofessionalism. They will switch up your schedule and if you don't like it they will fire you.
Pros
Nice office enviroment
Cons
No job security and horrible management
Great Place, great people good company
Sr. Business Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 31, 2016
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Great people, poor management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  MarketingJuly 11, 2016
Great company with a great product.

Little room for advancement

Very micro-managed. Managers do not let employees be free to be creative or think on their own. Everything is all about top management.
Productive Workplace
Contract Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 17, 2016
Daily work at Nutrisystem is never dull! There is always something to do, and it's a fast-paced and goal-driven environment. I find that the health of its employees and work/life balance is very much valued by the company. The cafeteria is really nice, with Wawa coffee, salad bar, and hot foods prepared daily. Nutrisystem also has an on-site gym.
Great location and co-workers but horrible company!
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 16, 2012
Nutrisystem is located in a great location! The building is rather new and clean. Unfortunately this is not a company that values its employees nor do they promote growth. They do major hires and layoffs yearly. It's often understaffed and leaves for a very busy work day. They promise paid company holidays but at the last minute mandate staff. Compensation is not bad. I have been with the company for 3yrs and have had a major increase in job responsibility and the past two years they skipped on company bonuses and raises.
Pros
good pay, friendly co-workers, nice office, great location
Cons
short work breaks, management, very busy/understaffed, little room to advance, does layoffs yearly
Workforce Management
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ft. Washington, PAMay 26, 2016
Responsible for real-time intraday management, data analysis and workforce process improvement across the enterprise. Also responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.
toxic enviroment, unable to grow into leadership positions
Weight loss Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 15, 2013
I worked here for 5 years. I will say that I learned how to work well with others under pressure and limited time. I was able to adjust to new management leadership styles. I assisted in training and informing internally the importance of healthy lifestyles. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to help a client lose weight, hearing the enthusiasm and tenacity in their voice made me remember why I was a weight loss counselor. I love helping people and that was initially why I was wanted to work for the company. I learned to adapt to rapidly changing quality guidelines as well as new pricing formats. I was extremely knowledgeable of program and solutions to assist clients if they had reached a weight loss plateau.
Pros
healthcare benefits
Cons
short breaks, discrimination, favoritism, inability to grow into leadership roles
Work Place with a National Customer Base
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJanuary 31, 2014
I started at Nutrisystem in the customer service department. I liked it quite a bit because it was very personal and management was there to help if any issues arose.In a typical day, I would receive calls from clients who had a myriad of issues to be resolved. I always helped them to the best of my abilities. I had a feeling of satisfaction in being able to resolve customer's issues, and they would thank me.
In the beginning, there was a small management team, who would go out of their way to teach and help me. As the company grew into a more "corporate" setting, the company policies were totally changed and never explained, which led to a great deal of confusion, even among the "new" management. My co-workers and I were a cohesive team, all striving to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
medical benefits, 401k, sick/vacation days
Cons
401k being taken away, lack of training, excessive docking of time
The teams were always competitive
Supervisor sales/customer service (Former Employee) –  Ft Washington PaNovember 2, 2012
Daily duties were supervising 20+ reps. I would monitor calls, handle escalated calles. There were weekly rep reviews that had to be discussed with sales reps by 1 on 1 meetings. From time to time I had to troubleshoot computer problems. Basically I had to stay availiable on the call center floor to motivate and generate enthuisiam by running different hourly incentives. At NutriSystem I learned how to eat healthy based on calories, fiber intake, and how to balance your meals. The atmosphere was friendly and competitive. There were incentives for different catagories for supervisors. The hardest part of the job was during the slow season when the call volume dropped, it was hard to reach quota and goals. What I liked most was the commissions during the peak seasons.
Pros
good commissions with base salary during the peek season
Cons
management didn't like when you gave different opinions during staff meeting, they only liked yes people, (people who agreed with every thing they said).
Management was awesome but clients were terrible
Weight loss counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 19, 2016
I enjoyed the work environment itself but I could not deal with the customers. The night shift got overwhelming after a while.
High-Volume Call Center
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 27, 2015
Fast-paced environment.
Commission driven.
High level of customer service skills required.
Required tact and diplomacy due to the fact that weight loss is a highly personal issue.
Pros
Call center experience. Commissioned salary.
Cons
Sales calls quality driven by advertising/marketing of product campaigns.
Fast paced but you can make money
Program Consultant (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 1, 2016
Lot of stress due to matrixs to meet. I think the young managers could help you more to get back on track. Very non level playing field in the calls.
Pros
great cafeteria
Cons
short lunch
Always Changing
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PANovember 20, 2013
-Began with all inbound sales - I ended with 100+ outbound calls per day on dead leads.

-Great Earning potential at $25.00 per sale with 10+ calls per day

-Great co-workers & environment. I have never had a company treat me with more respect or care e.g. food trial/tasting - high end building/cafeteria/cafe - employment appreciation day - full health check - massage - flu shots etc.

-Salary could change by 10k+or-/year and it was out of your hands regardless of effort and hours dedicated, it all depended on marketing and management.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Fun and very relaxed!
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, TNFebruary 7, 2016
Very flexible and a great work environment. Taking care of customer's needs and kept the office organized. Learned how to run an office and learned a lot of customer service. Being able to work from home was a blessing but also the hardest part of the job.
productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 24, 2015
I have worked at this job for nine years . It is a good place to work. The most enjoyable part about the job is helping people troubleshoot issues .
Pros
Salary
Cons
working weekends
Just not a good place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAOctober 23, 2015
No real structure and did not adequately train new hires. Did nt care about their employees. Employees were stressed out due to management. They only push to save their jobs.
Cons
No opportunity to advance and chronically understaffed. New CEO had too much to fix.

Comment – October 26, 2015

Thank you for your review and unfortunately you did not have a good experience with us. Please note that all new hires in Customer Service are provided a paid three week training including on the job experience to gain confidence with clients prior to going on the phones. From a staffing perspective, we do staff up significantly in the 4th quarter of each calendar year and recently hired 20 new employees in our Customer Service group. It is difficult to understand where things fell short for you based on the review, but I do wish you the best in your future endeavors.

High Volume Call Center
Sales Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 8, 2014
Worked with great people in a call center, expectations were high at this place. great benefits and pay. High turnover rate.

2.9