NutriSystem Employee Reviews

Great Place, great people good company
Project Manager and Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 17, 2017
Excellent place to work. very supportive people and very good management group.employee benefits also very good. career growth also very good as always more opportunities to explore on different tasks.
Great money, nothing else
Sales (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 11, 2017
Great place to make money as long as you can sell and close a deal. Not a career, constant fear of being fired for poor metrics each month because there metric system is faulty. Pls you are easily replaceable. And there is huge favoritism amongst supervisors.
Pros
Money
Cons
More than i can name
Call center
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJune 13, 2017
My time at Nutrisystem was a wonderful experience where i learned a lot. just at the point where it was time to move on in my career and find a job with growth.
productive, fast paced
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAJune 8, 2017
I loved working for this company. They really care about their customers and provided excellent customer service. Was a great place to learn, grow and excel.
Money making opportunities
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMay 2, 2017
High earning potential. Ability to talk to lots of people. Love helping people. Great place to work. There are a lot of nice people. Can be overwhelming with call volume.
Poor Life/Work Balance
Inside Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 28, 2017
The people are excellent, however, there is not an equal balance between work/personal life. Good work is not always rewarded appropriately and sometimes management looks down upon this.
poor management and structure
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 13, 2017
Extremely disorganized management structure. Inconsistent messages depending on which manager you ask. Money used to be great. The upper sales supervisors try to find ways to reduce income earning opportunities. It could be a google if the company could develop better manager training and let certain individuals go.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Your experience clearly did not meet your expectations, which is understood. It is important to note that we do provide the environment for success for our employees and care about them as people. The reality is that our management team thrives on helping their people succeed and are incentives are provided through their team's increased earning opportunities. I sincerely wish you the best moving forward and hope that your new role is a great opportunity for you to have long-term success!

Its just a Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAApril 8, 2017
The pay is great until you start working there and realize that it is more than what you signed up for. If you need help..u have to lie to the customer and say no show are available and there is so much favoritism. You get cussed out and training does not show you how to deescalate calls. You listen to calls and talk about what you would do but there is limited time on that subject because of all of the other things they have to cram in your head.
Pros
Set schedule..own desk..
Cons
No help..favoritism
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. I just wanted to respond to a few points. As part of our new employee on-boarding we do provide a rigorous multi-week training program that prepares our team members for the role. Our customer service group also provides deescalation training for new hires and an annual refresher with strategies. Again, we thank you for your feedback & wish you luck in career endeavors!

Great pay and benefits .
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 25, 2017
No chance for advancement. Management needs to address specific situations on the sales floor. Not enough attention to you as an individual. Will not speak to you, unless it is required. learned to keep my mouth shut even when being harassed by other employees
It is a culture of money making only. Your name becomes whatchagot.
Pros
good pay
Cons
tough quotas to fill
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We agree the compensation plan is generous! I'd like to provide some other facts on our Contact Center and training. During our interview process we outline the position very thoroughly and discuss the expectations on performance and attendance standards if hired. The sales role is a unique one in that it rewards performance very directly through a commission plan. Once part of the team, employees receive coaching through their supervisor, Sales coaches and the Training group to ensure they are set up for success. While it is true that some individuals require more support than others, the team does their best to meet our employees where they are at developmentally and provide refresher training where applicable. Your experience clearly did not meet your expectations, which is understood. It is important to note that we do provide the environment for success for our employees and care about them as people. The reality is that our management team wakes up in the morning to help their people succeed and not to push people out the door. Some employees ultimately decide that the job is not for them, which happens. I sincerely wish you the best moving forward and hope that your new role is a great opportunity for you to have long-term success!

Decent compensation. Low Job Security
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAMarch 8, 2017
This position had decent chances to make money during the "diet season" but employees had to work at 6-7 days a week to fully take advantage. Outside of this period compensation was low. Management would turn your phone off if you didn't sell enough each hour.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
long hours during busy season. bad management practices
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. It is great to hear that you feel the earning potential is strong. We agree. Our sales team has a generous, performance based commission plan, with unlimited earning potential. Average performers earn about $60k per year. As our business has grown so has our Sales team. We currently have over 100+ staff on the team and growing. I thank you again for your feedback and wish you the best moving forward.

Job is O-K
Counselor (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 27, 2017
Typical day at work will consist of answering the phone to help customers, sending out emails, etc. Most enjoyable part of the job is not being on your feet all day, the workplace culture is ok pretty much on your own unless you need help, I've learned more customer service experience as well as nutrition facts. The hardest part of the job is that a weight loss counselor does a part of each departments job, we act as computer techs when the customers are having a hard time with the website or app,we handle customer complaints, management RARELY gets on the phone, we place sales, as well as counsel customers for weight loss.
April 26, 2017

The weight loss counseling position is a role that wears many hats. We train our counselors to assist customers with questions on the program, motivation, goal-setting, sales, retention and customer service. This is explained in the interview process and in training. Counselors are compensated appropriately for the role and we benchmark compensation to similar roles. In addition, counselors earn commission on sales of new programs and cross-sell products. Our leadership team is dedicated to the success of the team. We share feedback on performance metrics weekly and in some cases daily to ensure counselors are fully aware of their performance. In addition, our leadership team has one-on-ones and coaching sessions with counselors to assist them with their performance. The leadership does their best to ensure we have floor coverage for questions and assistance with escalated issues. The team will provide direction to assist the counselor with handling escalated issues that they are empowered to handle. Contact Center work is not for everyone long term. We want our employees to be open about their career development so we can assist them with developing the skills for future opportunities.

Cool Place to work Easy to Adapt to
Sales Rep/Retention (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAFebruary 1, 2017
Nutrisystem was my first Call Center Job was really easy to get adjusted too made good money for the time I was there schedule didn't leave too much room for flexibility but still a great place to work
April 26, 2017

Thanks for your feedback and service. We appreciate your positive feedback and wish you success in the future!

NutriSystem was a good place to work
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Horsham, PAJanuary 18, 2017
NutriSystem was a good place to work. when I started there they did not have much structure in the way the center was being run they listened to ideas and were quick to effect changes as recommended by the staff and management.
April 26, 2017

Thank you for your positive feedback. I wish you continued success.

Easy Money, terrible business ethics
Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAOctober 27, 2016
make your money and run
they will fire you over nothing ... really if they don't like you you get fired
the same three people win all of the sales representative contests and are favored with better calls.
Pros
Money
Cons
no breaks, micromanaging
Enjoyed the experience of working for this company.
Nutritional specialist (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 4, 2016
My title was Nutritional Specialist. I advised and motivated clients to a successful weightloss. Along the way, I learned the importance of proper nutrition and balance in my diet.
stressful
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PASeptember 21, 2016
This job had a potential to make a very decent living. unfortunately they were extremely demanding of their sales quotas. Hours were not consistent week to week which made meeting your quota was difficult. there were no warnings or strikes. you miss your quota. and they fire you.
Great Place, great people good company
Sr. Business Analyst & Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Washington, PAAugust 31, 2016
Great people, poor management
Marketing (Former Employee) –  MarketingJuly 11, 2016
Great company with a great product.

Little room for advancement

Very micro-managed. Managers do not let employees be free to be creative or think on their own. Everything is all about top management.
Horrendeous place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ft. Washington, PAJune 30, 2016
I worked for this company for just about 3 months and let me tell you-this company is the worst. They do not do 3 weeks of training they only do 2 weeks and expect you to learn it but it's really impossible. And the trainer is horrible.the person goes way too fast explaining the information and if you aren't comprehending the information-the person gets an attitude.

This company IS public transit accessible however management frowns upon it like you aren't a worthy employee and also public transportation is only available monday thru friday.

When you do get an escalated call, you are supposed to "talk them down" so of course being a new rep is stessful enough but dealing with that...good luck with that one 😃 and if you do have a question, they do have a team lead queue but don't even bother coz half the time they reps don't answer the line or if they do-they don't want to be bothered.

My advice-don't even bother applying-you will leave in a week.
Cons
Neptisim, bad employee morale
Workforce Management
Workforce Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ft. Washington, PAMay 26, 2016
Responsible for real-time intraday management, data analysis and workforce process improvement across the enterprise. Also responsible for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at NutriSystem. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8