NutriSystem

NutriSystem Employee Reviews

Friendly work place
Data Entry Customer Service (Former Employee), Horsham, PAJuly 9, 2015
Loved working there really liked my supervisor and really liked her boss. If you did not have lunch they gave you some of the food that we were selling to customers.

August 18, 2015

Thanks very much for your great review. We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

Great if your looking for something temporary
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAMay 27, 2015
Pros: Nice office enviroment
Cons: No job security and horrible management
There is no work/life balance. The company operates only on business need and not the needs of the employees.The compensation is ok and the benefits are great, but it's not enough to put up with the unprofessionalism. They will switch up your schedule and if you don't like it they will fire you.
Good managment
Weight-loss Counselor (Current Employee), Fort WashingtonMay 4, 2015
Pros: Friendly people
Cons: none
Tough to work for a company when you do not believe in their product. And as a weight-loss counselor you are pushed to try and get more sales. I didn't take the job so I would have to push products on people; I was simply there to help them loss weight.
Fast paced
phone rep (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAAugust 6, 2014
Pros: gym/ fitness ares
Great learning experience, fast paced environment, generous employee discount. Occasionally celebrities who endorsed the product came to the office. Typical call center environment
Not a very good company to work for.
Weight Loss Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJuly 30, 2014
Did not care much about family/work balance.
It seemed as though they tried to set their employees up to fail.
They tried to make it seem as though they cared about the customers, but they really only cared about sales. Tough position as a counselor.
Severed a gerat purpose
Architect (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAMay 15, 2014
Pros: family flexibility
Cons: high turn over, lack of vision or ability to convince few steakholders of alternate solutions
helped form processes in a small but high profile group
-had to multitask between UX, analysis, graphic design, vendor management, product management, and various other roles
-hardest part of my job was there was no mentor or vision in the UX department i worked in
Terrible
Sales (Current Employee), Fort Wasington, PAMay 12, 2014
A good product in the weight loss industry, but a dying corporate environment. Want to see an industry leader on its last legs? Do a case study here. Management is horrible and lazy, like the last person mentioned. Employees are a revolving door--Nutrisystem does not care about employees, rather just want a warm body on the phone. No room for advancement. No stability. employees live in environment of fear, is the reaper coming for me next? Code of conduct and medical information is from 2000 and you are told during training not to listen to medical information, just get the sale. Training sucks, management sucks--the job can suck. And the for sure sign of a dying call center--why are there so many empty seats?
Excellent industry
Sales Consultant (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAApril 9, 2014
Incredible facility, my career with Nutri-system was phenomenal and enriching and enlightening.
Fair call center work environment
RETENTION SALES (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAApril 2, 2014
Pros: pay
Cons: management
Sitting at a desk in a call center taking inbound calls is the typical day. Management is lazy. Co-workers are great for the most part. Hardest part of the job is dealing with all the fat, hungry people that call-in with bad attitudes. Most enjoyable part is the paycheck.
Productive workplace. There were times that my department became a bit disorganized but I had no choice but too adapt to it.
Team Lead Bilingual W.L. Counselor/ Retention (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAFebruary 25, 2014
Pros: incentives and commissions.
Cons: breaks were definitely to short
A typical day at work for me was: Getting on the phone and handling calls. Usually the calls were to do with counseling a customer and retaining them on the program. I learned the product mainly in order to achieve my number status at Nutrisystem. Also learned more of the system. Management was ok but sometimes it was a bit over bearing because if the team didn't do well, it put more strain on a individual that is doing well. My co-workers were absolutely awesome and they were a pleasure to work with 95% of the time. The hardest part of the job was trying to explain to the elderly group that because they didn't keep the program for the actual time they signed up for it, they would have to pay their chargeback discount. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was being able to get a customer back on track with their initial thought when signing up for the program.
Unethical
Customer Service/Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAFebruary 4, 2014
This company had unethical marketing practices where they took advantage of customers who misunderstood the fine print on their accounts. I strongly dissuade ethical people from applying to sales positions for Nutrisystem.
Work Place with a National Customer Base
Sales/Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 31, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, 401k, sick/vacation days
Cons: 401k being taken away, lack of training, excessive docking of time
I started at Nutrisystem in the customer service department. I liked it quite a bit because it was very personal and management was there to help if any issues arose.In a typical day, I would receive calls from clients who had a myriad of issues to be resolved. I always helped them to the best of my abilities. I had a feeling of satisfaction in being able to resolve customer's issues, and they would thank me.
In the beginning, there was a small management team, who would go out of their way to teach and help me. As the company grew into a more "corporate" setting, the company policies were totally changed and never explained, which led to a great deal of confusion, even among the "new" management. My co-workers and I were a cohesive team, all striving to provide excellent customer service.
Sales environments are great to me...as long as the phones are ringing!
SALES CONSULTANT/ANALYST (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 3, 2014
Pros: gym cafeteria, and income potential was very high
Cons: schedules, pto
Answwring inbound calls from new and existing clients for the weight loss program. selling them the newest products and plans. Great upbeat call center. Gym on premisis along with cafeteria.
Always Changing
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Horsham, PANovember 20, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
-Began with all inbound sales - I ended with 100+ outbound calls per day on dead leads.

-Great Earning potential at $25.00 per sale with 10+ calls per day

-Great co-workers & environment. I have never had a company treat me with more respect or care e.g. food trial/tasting - high end building/cafeteria/cafe - employment appreciation day - full health check - massage - flu shots etc.

-Salary could change by 10k+or-/year and it was out of your hands regardless of effort and hours dedicated, it all depended on marketing and management.
toxic enviroment, unable to grow into leadership positions
Weight loss Counselor (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAAugust 15, 2013
Pros: healthcare benefits
Cons: short breaks, discrimination, favoritism, inability to grow into leadership roles
I worked here for 5 years. I will say that I learned how to work well with others under pressure and limited time. I was able to adjust to new management leadership styles. I assisted in training and informing internally the importance of healthy lifestyles. The most enjoyable part of my day was being able to help a client lose weight, hearing the enthusiasm and tenacity in their voice made me remember why I was a weight loss counselor. I love helping people and that was initially why I was wanted to work for the company. I learned to adapt to rapidly changing quality guidelines as well as new pricing formats. I was extremely knowledgeable of program and solutions to assist clients if they had reached a weight loss plateau.
was ok
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), horshamAugust 11, 2013
made a ton of $$$ there until the AOL morons took the place over
good
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee), Kansas City, MOAugust 1, 2013
An Okay place to work if your in school. I love the team I worked with. The pay could be better.
good pay but does not value employees
Weight loss Counselor (Former Employee), Horsham, PAMay 30, 2013
Pros: pay
Cons: values
you are paid well for the job you do but they look at employees as expendable and do not listen to feed back
interesting yet challenging, often times rewarding..
Program Consultant (Current Employee), Fort Washington, PAFebruary 17, 2013
Pros: good people, nice working environmenet, great customer interaction
Cons: limited earnings, very little opportunity to increase earnings or to advance.
Great company with great potential but limited opportunity for increased earnings or advancement.
good
Account Manager/ Customer Service (Former Employee), Fort Washington, PAJanuary 28, 2013
Pros: great company
Cons: n/a
it was a great company to work for, wouldn't mind going back.
Headquarters