Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc. is currently seeking qualified Registered Dietitians (RD), Diet Technicians Registered (DTR), and Certified Dietary Managers (CDM) throughout Florida. Nutritious Lifestyles has been providing premier nutrition and foodservice consulting services since 1986. Nutritious Lifestyles offers competitive pay, flexibility, comprehensive training and professional and personal growth opportunities for the right candidate. Nutritious Lifestyles has opportunities in long-term care, pediatrics, home care, menu development and much more!
Nutritious Lifestyles offers a 900-hour internship program, where employees who work through us for 90-days as a DTR, have the opportunity to become a Licensed Dietitian (LD) throughout the state of Florida!
To be eligible for this program and/or for the Dietetic Technician, Registered (DTR) position, one must have:
-Completed an ACEND-accredited didactic program or coordinated program in dietetics
-Have completed at least a Bachelor’s Degree at a U.S. regionally accredited college or university
-Passed the DTR exam
Other openings include an RD on a PRN (as-needed basis) in Orlando, Melbourne, Daytona, Tampa, Jacksonville, Pensacola, Panama City, Tallahassee, West Palm Beach, Palm City, Stuart, Citrus County, Polk County, Gainesville
Certified Dietary Manager (CDM) Job Summary:
The Consultant Certified Dietary Manager (CCDM) will complete the screening and data collection for residents as assigned by the Consultant Dietitian based on the competency of the CCDM. The CCDM will exercise independent judgment and discretion in determining which clients are at nutritional risk and require further evaluation by the dietitian or diet technician registered (DTR). The CCDM may also complete the MDSs and CAAs, and initiate a plan of care that accurately identifies and addresses clients’ nutrition risk.
The CCDM will also perform the non-manual duties of Food Service Director for a facility during absences or emergencies or per facility contract, which includes management services and direct supervision on the Dietary Department. The CCDM will also provide specialized guidance and monitoring of food purchasing, production and service, and food service sanitation, and provide information to each facility on budget, cost control, staffing, food quality and sanitation. The CCDM will exercise independent judgment regarding the food service operations of the facility, which is of significant importance in ensuring that clients receive adequate nutrition. These duties include purchasing food for the facility, directing food production and service and monitoring and directing staff in food safety and kitchen sanitation. The provision of these services will require knowledge of the state and federal Food Codes and independent judgment and discretion based on the CCDM’s academic education, training and experience.
The CCDM will be expected to exercise judgment and discretion regarding matters of considerable importance to the operation of the facility, including identifying at risk clients, ensuring clients receive adequate nutrition, ensuring food is prepared in a safe manner to avoid food borne illness and meet the nutritional needs of the clients, managing staffing to ensure adequate staff is available and developing, meeting and monitoring budgetary goals for the Dietary Department.
The CCDM will serve as the director of the Dietary Department during the state and federal survey when needed. The CCDM is expected to deal with surveyors in a professional manner and using specialized knowledge and judgment in assisting the facility in demonstrating compliance with state and federal regulations and assisting in the development of nutritional plans of correction as needed.
The CCDM will lead or assist in recruitment, interviewing, hiring and disciplining the Dietary Staff as needed. The CCDM will be expected to exercise management-level professional judgment and discretion in providing education and counseling of the dietary staff when needed.
The CCDM will conduct other services in each facility as contained in the contract between the facility and Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc. and as assigned.
1. Complete the screening and data collection of nutrition-related information for all clients as required by state and federal regulations and the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) standards as applicable. Screening and data collection will be completed in accordance with the standards set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc. and will be completed as appropriate. Identify clients at risk and consult the dietitian or DTR for further evaluation.
2. Completion of the MDS, CAAs and initiation of an individualized plan of care for each client to address identified risk factors. Recommendations for interventions will be made in accordance with the protocols for specific conditions or disease states as set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles and facility policy.
3. Quarterly and interim documentation on each client in accordance with the documentation standards set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc.
4. Quality Assurance surveys using the standards set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc., to determine compliance with state and federal regulations. This includes, but is not limited to, kitchen safety and sanitation inspections, tray line audits and dining service surveys.
5. Provide or assist with staffing guidelines, budgeting, cost analysis and cost reduction and mentoring/training of clinical and/or food management skills. May also be responsible for assuring food safety and meal service in accordance with regulations and facility policies, and for resolving dietary-related complaints from residents.
6. Provision of other services contracted for by each facility, which includes, but is not limited to, in- services, chart audits, training of dietary managers in charting and documentation.
7. Completion of a comprehensive monthly report of services provided in accordance with Nutritious Lifestyles’ policy, and monthly exit interview with each facility as requested by the facility.
8. Submission of monthly reports to Nutritious Lifestyles’ office no later than the fifth of the following month.
9. Submission of a monthly schedule by the due date as provided by Nutritious Lifestyles’ office personnel.
10. Communication with office in the event of changes or problems in a facility. Notification to office forty-five days in advance of planned time off and immediate notification when emergencies arise.
11. Development and maintenance of positive working relationships with each facility using the facility communication guidelines set forth by Nutritious Lifestyles, Inc. Maintenance of communications with facilities via beeper or telephone.
12. The CCDM provides in-services for facility staff as needed or requested.
13. Maintenance of credentials as required for certification.
14. Other duties as required.
1. Completion of a ANFP-approved dietary manager training program or completion of a two-year or four-year degree in foodservice management, nutrition, or culinary arts or completion a combination of training and experience or related-military training.
2. Current CDM, with at least one year of experience in long term care. Clinical and food service skills preferred
3. Experience with MDS, CAAs and care planning.
4. Strong problem solving skills. Highly organized and detail-oriented.
5. Excellent clinical and customer service skills.
5. One year of experience in food service management is preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Specialized knowledge of medical nutrition therapy, geriatric nutrition and food service management and sanitation fundamentals.
2. Strong clinical, administrative and operational management skills and experience.
3. Ability to use professional, specialized knowledge in making decisions.
4. Demonstrated ability to exercise management and administrative discretion and judgment.
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6. Ability to work independently and make independent decisions.
7. Excellent customer service skills and problem-solving skills.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail resume. ($200 for referrals!)